AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-20, 08:51   Link #801
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
One thing about Nagato
Spoiler:

And don't forget

Spoiler:

To try to answer your question

Spoiler:

The hell, I am babbling...
Old 2006-11-20, 10:57   Link #802
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Precisely as these characters are eh, influential, changing them or highlighting them too much will distract the reader from teh nagato-ness of the new nagato, and perhaps detach her character.
Old 2006-11-20, 12:33   Link #803
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
And don't forget

Spoiler:

To try to answer your question

Spoiler:

The hell, I am babbling...
I realized that the answer is very simple.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-21, 10:31   Link #804
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Good Job!

Congratulations on the completion of volume 4 (author's notes doesn't count). All that's left after this is finish snow mountain, and get LOVER and where'd the cat go for 6 before the path to volume 7 laid bare.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-11-21, 16:59   Link #805
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
^^

Congrats to Kinny for translating vlume 4

Some spoilers
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-22, 07:01   Link #806
-Ajax-
Fanatical Kyon Follower

Send a message via AIM to -Ajax-
so chronologically LOVER is next right? well after the Authors Notes lol

Vol4 was definitely one of the best yet, so many things happened XD awesome job Kinny
Old 2006-11-22, 07:49   Link #807
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

LOVER precedes Snow Mountain, and right after Snow Mountain comes Where'd the cat go. With the conclusion of cat, the winter drama will almost come to an end... that is, save it till volume 7 and it's a huge spoiler to talk about that.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-11-22, 10:26   Link #808
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Congratulations on the completion of volume 4 (author's notes doesn't count). All that's left after this is finish snow mountain, and get LOVER and where'd the cat go for 6 before the path to volume 7 laid bare.
Of course Author's Notes count. This volume's author's notes gives insight into where Tanigawa got his comedic writing style from, and his inspiration for Yuki's character design.

Epilogue
http://project.baka-tsuki.net/index....lume4_Epilogue

Author's Notes
http://project.baka-tsuki.net/index....thor%27s_Notes

Here's a break down of the spoiler-free timeline:

DECEMBER
17th Volume 4 (prologue)
18th Volume 4
19th Volume 4
20th Volume 4
21st Volume 4
22nd
23rd
24th Volume 4 (Epilogue)
25th Vol 5 - Snow Mountain Syndrome (prologue)
26th
27th Vol 6 - Charmed at First Sight LOVER (approx. date)
28th Vol 6 - Charmed at First Sight LOVER (approx. date)
29th
30th Vol 5 - Snow Mountain Syndrome
31st Vol 6 - Where'd the Cat Go?

After realizing there's still a week's gap between Vol 4 and Snow Mountain Syndrome, Tanigawa decided to stuff another interesting short story in that already jammed-packed period. Charmed at First Sight LOVER is all about Yuki again, Yuki fans rejoice.
Old 2006-11-22, 22:10   Link #809
Anaglyph

Spoiler:

Man, my respect for the guy just dropped a notch.
Old 2006-11-22, 22:33   Link #810
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Kyon is a bit of a callous f*** in this latest chapter. But I'm not really sure how this situation can develop without significant "movement" if he is not this way.
Old 2006-11-23, 01:12   Link #811
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
and his inspiration for Yuki's character design.

Author's Notes
http://project.baka-tsuki.net/index....thor%27s_Notes

That was unexpected, a whole part of the internet rubbed on my face that Yuki have been likely and wholly inspired by Teh Rei so much that I fully accepted it.
And this bit of the author's life goes against all my assumptions.
Old 2006-11-23, 06:09   Link #812
Anaglyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
Kyon is a bit of a callous f*** in this latest chapter. But I'm not really sure how this situation can develop without significant "movement" if he is not this way.
I'm not really expecting much more until the last book, whenever that will be. As soon as Kyon realises/admits to himself how he feels about her there's nowhere left to go except the big kiss (for the second time). That's assuming they will get together, and I have my doubts about that sometimes.

Something mildy interesting, but probably not very relevant: in the anime "Someday in the Rain" episode there's that bit where Kyon wakes up and it's implied that Haruhi just kissed him; he then asks if she drew on his face. Hey, Kyon's desire to draw on her face could be meant to imply that really he wants to kiss her. Perhaps it's some Japanese teenage thing. Back when I was at school it was poking your tongue out at someone. Do that and the "X and X sitting in a tree" type stuff would start up. Reaching? Naaaah.
Old 2006-11-23, 07:24   Link #813
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

^^
but Kyon sees the first time kiss kinda like a trauma
he doenst even want to remember it
Old 2006-11-23, 09:28   Link #814
Anaglyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
^^
but Kyon sees the first time kiss kinda like a trauma
he doenst even want to remember it
I don't really buy his trauma act. That's just him being a stereotypical teenage male. The fond smile he gets when he sees her wearing the ponytail and the "Looks good on you" tells the true story. Although that's the anime, the novel is less overt. Either way, he's not exactly vomitting at the time.

He's clearly conflicted about it and doesn't really know how he feels, but I doubt saving the world was the only thing on his mind.

Last edited by Anaglyph; 2006-11-23 at 09:46. Reason: To distinguish between anime and novel
Old 2006-11-23, 09:46   Link #815
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

^^

could it be that he just want to keep it for himself ?
Old 2006-11-23, 09:52   Link #816
Anaglyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
^^

could it be that he just want to keep it for himself ?
I was editting my post when you replied, but to expand on my edit. Basically I just think he's confused. Much as I love Haruhi as a character, there's no denying she's a domineering bullheaded brat. Not really suprising that he has a certain resistance to admitting any latent attraction. heh But that's just my opinion.
Old 2006-11-23, 10:50   Link #817
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I personally think that the he does get caught up in the moment with the troubles that he is thrusted into and those feelings linger on in him... leading him to his conclusion thus far on Haruhi. Haruhi is definitely precious to Kyon for him to bother thinking of getting back at her with such childish pranks.

I am not sure if I can ever label him as a stereotypical teenager. I find myself being dragged onward with an intense cramming session of humanities in almost all the critical chapters within the book.

I have come to love Haruhi, greatly. Actually, I don't think I have a grudge against any character, not even Koizumi come Snow Mountain.

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-11-23 at 11:55.
Old 2006-11-23, 10:55   Link #818
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

but there is somethin' bothering me
does Haruhi see Kyon just as a SOS-member like the other trio ?
perhaps thats why she find him so precious
Old 2006-11-23, 12:43   Link #819
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaglyph View Post
I'm not really expecting much more until the last book, whenever that will be. As soon as Kyon realises/admits to himself how he feels about her there's nowhere left to go except the big kiss (for the second time). That's assuming they will get together, and I have my doubts about that sometimes.

Something mildy interesting, but probably not very relevant: in the anime "Someday in the Rain" episode there's that bit where Kyon wakes up and it's implied that Haruhi just kissed him; he then asks if she drew on his face. Hey, Kyon's desire to draw on her face could be meant to imply that really he wants to kiss her. Perhaps it's some Japanese teenage thing. Back when I was at school it was poking your tongue out at someone. Do that and the "X and X sitting in a tree" type stuff would start up. Reaching? Naaaah.
Ah, very elegant theory, I support it! It will turn out to be a weird romance story.
Old 2006-11-23, 15:21   Link #820
lana3007
stuck-up feminist

So now that it's complete I have decided to read the 4th volume, and wow, i finally see what all the hype was about. That was really one complicated, but gripping story.

What surprised me was that even though this is supposed to be a Yuki-centric story, the person who really got to shine in the one was Kyon. He finally comes to terms with being a 'main' character, which is quite a step for him.

As for him and Haruhi, he sure wanted to see her a lot. He got so excited when he found out where to find her, you have to wonder if there was more to it than wanting to see someone familiar. And he did have so odd reactions to Koizumi being Haruhi's new slave/boyfriend, which you might almost consider jealousy, he seemed want to feel that he was more important to her then Koizumi is (the original Haruhi that is), which really does point to her being more important to him then the rest of SOS brigade.

And as for whether Haruhi sees him as more important then other members, most likely yes, although I don't think there is any real proof for that so far.
Closed Thread