Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-23, 14:29   Link #421
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
I have a question and how the manga chapter? I guess because the anime adapts the chapter?
if the anime has 13 episodes but the chapters there are, to my knowledge only 4 chapter out?
Girl und Panzer is Anime Original, they just like to release the manga first.
Old 2012-10-23, 15:03   Link #422
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I'm anticipating an action packed, blood shedding, deathly, scarring, upsetting battle in the next episode where at least half the cast dies!

...Is what I would say if this anime wasn't so entertaining and fun to watch I really like the characters as well as their reactions to some things (Including the painted tanks ) I personally have doubts that they'll win, but I do feel like they're going to perform well enough to impress some people and do some awesome things

Somewhere along the lines of this anime though, I do feel like something bad will happen involving Miho and her past and i'm not looking forward to that
Old 2012-10-23, 15:11   Link #423
LeoXiao
思想工作

I can't wait for the next episode. This is gonna be awesome.

Plus, this is getting me back into the mood for playing WoT.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 15:27   Link #424
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Edit. Wait. I just had a thought.

"Weren't there schools on land before?"

...why the hell are there not schools on land? Did Fallout happen? @__@
Classic Strike Witches technique. Make it so the bizarre happenings are internally consistent and human mental inertia does he rest. Girls might wonder why schools are only on ships, but since they have never seen an alternative they don't see why not.
Old 2012-10-23, 16:17   Link #425
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
There's probably a rule against killing people as well. The fall's one thing, but drowning in a tank is a real danger; especially with an amateur crew.
Woah and firing shells against one another isn't? Now, my head hurts.. being shot by live shells/ammunition is safer than falling and drowning....

Argghhh!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 16:29   Link #426
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Woah and firing shells against one another isn't? Now, my head hurts.. being shot by live shells/ammunition is safer than falling and drowning....

Argghhh!!!
Obviously they're not using full-power ammunition. If they were, the Pz. IV would have been penetrated by that 75mm round, the ammunition in the turret would have ignited, and the whole tank would have blown up.

On the other hand, a tank falling into water is extremely dangerous because it isn't easy to get out of a tank. No amount of "we're not doing it for real" is going to help anyone. And in fact, it's a not too uncommon training hazard in real life.
Old 2012-10-23, 16:38   Link #427
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Obviously they're not using full-power ammunition. If they were, the Pz. IV would have been penetrated by that 75mm round, the ammunition in the turret would have ignited, and the whole tank would have blown up.
I would have agree if our MC kept her head in and not exposed to fire... she wants to be beheaded.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 16:45   Link #428
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I really enjoyed ep 3.

Also - I must add that even though I know next to nothing about military history or weapons, etc. I really enjoy hearing other folks in the thread talk about the various tanks and what not.

Since I know next to nothing about the "realism" and such of the actual tanks as compared to what is being displayed on screen I guess it is "easier" for me to enjoy the series from a perspective of "blissful ignorance" of sorts.

Still I love seeing people talk passionately about something they really like while being able to enjoy the light hearted silliness of a series like this one has been thus far.
Old 2012-10-23, 17:14   Link #429
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
Girl und Panzer is Anime Original, they just like to release the manga first.
ha ok thanks for your response
Old 2012-10-23, 18:33   Link #430
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
The Pz. IV is inaccurate at long range
Perhaps that's the reason it missed in episode 1? It seems the gunner intended to hit one of the enemy tanks that time.

I've read the other things you said too. Very informative, thanks.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 20:08   Link #431
PzIVf3

The short barrel of 75mm Kwk37 L/24 and the low velocity ammo (short and light weight) is ineffective at long range against thick armor. The effective range of penetration armor is probably 300 meters. You need to get close.

The long barrel 75 mm KwK40 L/43 and the high velocity ammo (long and heavy weight) can easily knock out any Allied tank at any range at 1000 meters.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 20:53   Link #432
LeoXiao
思想工作

Not to mention the L/24 looks like crap. They need to replace it right away.
Old 2012-10-23, 21:44   Link #433
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Perhaps that's the reason it missed in episode 1? It seems the gunner intended to hit one of the enemy tanks that time.

I've read the other things you said too. Very informative, thanks.
Thanks. I'll try to do a summary of all the tanks tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
The short barrel of 75mm Kwk37 L/24 and the low velocity ammo (short and light weight) is ineffective at long range against thick armor. The effective range of penetration armor is probably 300 meters. You need to get close.
The HEAT ammo for it is uncommon, but it'll penetrate way more armor. That still wouldn't help with the long range accuracy of course.

Quote:
The long barrel 75 mm KwK40 L/43 and the high velocity ammo (long and heavy weight) can easily knock out any Allied tank at any range at 1000 meters.
Really? There are lots of heavily-armored Allied vehicles it can't do much against. Even the StuG IIIF's 75mm L48 isn't going to do much against a Churchill or IS-2 from the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Not to mention the L/24 looks like crap. They need to replace it right away.
I think that the short L24 looks pretty good on both the Pz. IV and the StuG III. It was a pretty good gun for what it was designed for too. It's not really the designers' fault that the Wehrmacht decided to give both vehicles a very different combat role than they were meant for.
Old 2012-10-23, 21:58   Link #434
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Mako needs a tank to wake up but who can blame her it is 5am
Old 2012-10-23, 22:58   Link #435
PzIVf3

Quote:

Really? There are lots of heavily-armored Allied vehicles it can't do much against. Even the StuG IIIF's 75mm L48 isn't going to do much against a Churchill or IS-2 from the front.
Most of the Allied tanks are using the old Sherman M4-A1, low velocity 75mm gun, had only 50mm frontal armour and weight is only 30 ton. It was vulnerable to upgrade German tanks and the infantry Panzerfaust. That is why the reason called it " The Ronsoon Lighter".

However the British fitted high velocity 17 pounder on the Sherman chasis called Firefly. But small numbers deployed only 4 tanks in each squadron. Soon these tank became a primary target for German tank and anti-tank gun.

The Churchill is also underarmed with low velocity guns 75mm guns, frontal armour is thicker than the Tiger, 20kph.

The side armour protection of the IS-2 were 90mm thick which is the same thickness as the frontal armour. Sadly the armour is easily penetrate due poor quality materials and rush production.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 23:03   Link #436
velvet nightmare

Quote:

I think that the short L24 looks pretty good on both the Pz. IV and the StuG III. It was a pretty good gun for what it was designed for too. It's not really the designers' fault that the Wehrmacht decided to give both vehicles a very different combat role than they were meant for.
apples and oranges, you are comparing medium tank armaments to heavy tank frontal armor. in any case its safe to say that based on comparable weight class, german tanks were virtually superior in every way except for maybe reliability

also not sure if anyone mentioned already, but pretty much all the short barrel guns were used for anti infantry combat with HE shells early war.

so for the combat thats about to come up i'm going to say the odds are heavily stacked for the M3 which looks like the only tank with a gun that can do real damage from a distance.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 23:35   Link #437
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I really liked the little touches such as the treads tightening and slacking as the tanks were moving along, the British Grenadiers song playing as rival carrier was docking (which is even bigger than our heroes Shokaku-class super carrier!), and the explanation of using the sights to find ranges.

Mako has quickly become my favorite character of the show.

Endless "Impossible things are impossible" Soul
Old 2012-10-23, 23:54   Link #438
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
apples and oranges, you are comparing medium tank armaments to heavy tank frontal armor. in any case its safe to say that based on comparable weight class, german tanks were virtually superior in every way except for maybe reliability
I've heard that for reliability, all countries' tanks were not that great, but the Germans had it even worse because they had a practically infinite number of models and versions of these models that required a bunch of different parts manufactured by different plants, which made production and repairs really inefficient.

The Americans, I heard, had the habit of just ditching their tanks when they broke for new ones. The Russians had only a few types of tanks for the whole war and only upgraded them on a few occasions. The T-34 had only a few different versions whereas the Pz IV had like ten.
Old 2012-10-24, 07:34   Link #439
4Tran

I've finished the third episode, and I'm quite pleased with it. It's pretty decently put together and it's fun. It's interesting that, despite their appearance, St. Gloriana is still a Japanese school/carrier. That suggests that the "American" Saunders and "Soviet" Pravda schools are the same. I wonder if any non-Japanese schools are going to show up. Or are they planning that for the sequel?

Quote:
Most of the Allied tanks are using the old Sherman M4-A1, low velocity 75mm gun, had only 50mm frontal armour and weight is only 30 ton. It was vulnerable to upgrade German tanks and the infantry Panzerfaust. That is why the reason called it " The Ronsoon Lighter".
I would agree that the 75mm L43 is good against most Allied AFVs, but it's important that this is not true of all of them as "any" would imply. However, by the same token, the American 75mm L40 is also capable against most German armor. It's only the Panther and Tiger tanks that were proof against it.

Quote:
However the British fitted high velocity 17 pounder on the Sherman chasis called Firefly. But small numbers deployed only 4 tanks in each squadron. Soon these tank became a primary target for German tank and anti-tank gun.
That didn't help Michael Wittman.

Quote:
The Churchill is also underarmed with low velocity guns 75mm guns, frontal armour is thicker than the Tiger, 20kph.
British infantry tanks have always been immune to speed.

Quote:
The side armour protection of the IS-2 were 90mm thick which is the same thickness as the frontal armour. Sadly the armour is easily penetrate due poor quality materials and rush production.
That's not true; especially if we're talking about German tanks at the same time. The Tiger II is sort of notorious for having poorer protection than the Tiger I despite having much more armor.

Quote:
Is it really apples and oranges?

Churchill Mk VII: 40.6 tons
IS-2: 46 tons
Panther: 45.5 tons

The Panther is more versatile, but that's not that relevant when discussing armor protection.

Superior is a bit of a stretch as well given that Allied tanks and German ones weren't really designed for the same roles.

Quote:
so for the combat thats about to come up i'm going to say the odds are heavily stacked for the M3 which looks like the only tank with a gun that can do real damage from a distance.
The M3 is nowhere as good as its specifications would imply. It was an awkward design that was phased out as soon as the M4 could be fielded. Really, the Americans should have just built it as a turretless self-propelled gun, but they didn't believe in that kind of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I've heard that for reliability, all countries' tanks were not that great, but the Germans had it even worse because they had a practically infinite number of models and versions of these models that required a bunch of different parts manufactured by different plants, which made production and repairs really inefficient.
It varies from country to country. American and the lighter British tanks were pretty reliable. Even then, mechanical breakdown was responsible for most of the tank losses of any given campaign. But the same is probably true even with modern tanks.
Old 2012-10-24, 12:59   Link #440
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Didn't one of the teams fired an actual live ammo?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks