Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-04-07, 11:36   Link #13201
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
I wasn't into gym. I've been more of a martial arts/sports guy.
I actually started it to prepare for other sports (and cuz I wanted to be a Super Saiyajin , don't judge me I was like 13-14 when I had this mentality ), but fell in love with lifting for its own sake along the way. Though I've been saying to my brother, I'd like to do some kind of amateur wrestling (Grecco-Roman) league on weekends, if such a thing exists. That was one of my favorites in high school.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 11:48   Link #13202
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I actually started it to prepare for other sports (and cuz I wanted to be a Super Saiyajin , don't judge me I was like 13-14 when I had this mentality ), but fell in love with lifting for its own sake along the way. Though I've been saying to my brother, I'd like to do some kind of amateur wrestling (Grecco-Roman) league on weekends, if such a thing exists. That was one of my favorites in high school.
How about you try this ?
Old 2013-04-07, 12:48   Link #13203
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Actually I still don't get the idea of going to the gym. I still prefer the outdoors walking everywhere I want with a heavy bag.

I always thought a good body is one that is adapted to the elements, not trained to adapt to any element. There is a joke a cousin of mine once told me : a schoolmate trying to date her, an avid gym goer, was a victim of snatch theft and couldn't catch the thief. Simply because he has too much muscle mass and was not agile enough while the thief was almost a parkour enthusiast. THe schoolmate trained in every aspect of strength and agility but is still no match for a streetwise ruffian.

Though if he caught the thief the latter would have been nothing more than a sack of crushed bones.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 12:54   Link #13204
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

You know... I feel kind of bad I've been here for so long, yet have never posted a photo. I know at some point someone here has thought "what does he look like?" If everyone keeps posting one I might implode and give in. So stop posting pics so I won't feel bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually I still don't get the idea of going to the gym. I still prefer the outdoors walking everywhere I want with a heavy bag.

I always thought a good body is one that is adapted to the elements, not trained to adapt to any element. There is a joke a cousin of mine once told me : a schoolmate trying to date her, an avid gym goer, was a victim of snatch theft and couldn't catch the thief. Simply because he has too much muscle mass and was not agile enough while the thief was almost a parkour enthusiast. THe schoolmate trained in every aspect of strength and agility but is still no match for a streetwise ruffian.

Though if he caught the thief the latter would have been nothing more than a sack of crushed bones.
lol, if that avid gym goer was smart, he'd have thrown a rock at the thief. Seriously, if speed isn't one's finer points, might as well adapt
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 18:22   Link #13205
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
How about you try this ?
Haha, never heard of that before. How interesting. I don't know how popular that is around here.

Quote:

There's such a thing called 'functional training,' to be the strongest, to use the most power, etc, that is completely different from bodybuilding just to have big muscles. There's a reason olympic athletes do weight training nowadays. Assuming equal skill, the stronger athlete usually prevails, especially in an event like sprinting. Suffices to say, hypertrophy training (making yourself "bigger") isn't the only way one can weight train.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 18:39   Link #13206
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

When I use to live in Korea, I did lot of hiking. I didn't exercise much as a kid, so this was my only mean and favorite method of exercising. I can't run a treadmill since there is no visible goal, but mountain hiking has a clear objective. Going to the top, or at least near the top, is always so nice. Eating ramen up there was one of my best memory. God I miss mountains...
Old 2013-04-07, 19:28   Link #13207
DorkingtonPugsly

I got a weird tea bag. It's not amazing, it's not anything but I took a photo of it regardless.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I also started drawing beards on pictures of myself. Just because I'll never be able to grow one, but I like to imagine having my ideal beard.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-07, 19:56   Link #13208
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I tower over all you guys. Chibis.
I bet I'm taller than you. I'm 6"5
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 23:00   Link #13209
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
When I use to live in Korea, I did lot of hiking. I didn't exercise much as a kid, so this was my only mean and favorite method of exercising. I can't run a treadmill since there is no visible goal, but mountain hiking has a clear objective. Going to the top, or at least near the top, is always so nice. Eating ramen up there was one of my best memory. God I miss mountains...
Same. I love hiking mountains, although the ones here are very short.

I wanted to go Kota Kinabalu someday for that.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-04-07, 23:09   Link #13210
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I bet I'm taller than you. I'm 6"5
Damn, I'm not even six feet.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 23:09   Link #13211
Ridwan

Quote:
Same. I love hiking mountains, although the ones here are very short.

I wanted to go Kota Kinabalu someday for that.
Mount Kinabalu. How I miss thee....
Old 2013-04-07, 23:32   Link #13212
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
*snip*
Beard not so good really, shaving is itchy and painful.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 00:42   Link #13213
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
A part of the reason why I hardly shave. What is is about beards anyways? Did I miss a class or something, because it seems to me it's more desired nowadays than before. I have a friend in Germany, and we haven't seen each other in about 10 years, and one of the first things he says to me is "wish I had facial hair". And I'm like.... "eh?", I never did get a complete answer from him, but since I observe people like a job, I realized he must have been embarrassed. He's got a baby face, he's older than me, he's married and he's got a kid, so to see me growing older faster than him probably made him say that
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 04:53   Link #13214
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Ahh well I don't know the pains and hardships that come with having one, so I guess I'm just ignorant. When my dad used to rub his beard on me I hated it. It was like greasy sandpaper. I've never really had to do much in the way of shaving.
Old 2013-04-08, 05:06   Link #13215
Mr.Raw
Permanent Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw
Beards are awesome

Random info:
Signature: Desert Punk

Mr.Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 05:11   Link #13216
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I still can't grow one until now.

Old 2013-04-08, 05:40   Link #13217
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Quote:
Kudos to you. Every time I went hiking I threw up half way to the top or threw up at the top if I could make it. Every hiking trip was a bad experience for me

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 21:33   Link #13218
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
I still can't grow one until now.
Yeah, me too. I get those creepy mustache though... must shave everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougarashi View Post
Kudos to you. Every time I went hiking I threw up half way to the top or threw up at the top if I could make it. Every hiking trip was a bad experience for me
Well I think the key would be pacing yourself. I never threw up, but I had few instances where my leg was pretty much dead at the top.
Old 2013-04-08, 22:20   Link #13219
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Yeah, me too. I get those creepy mustache though... must shave everyday.
I get a splotchy mess that should not be seen by human eyes. The beard doesn't fill out and I look like a creepy dirty mess..
Old 2013-04-08, 22:22   Link #13220
Ridwan

Being an Arab, I started growing beard at 9.

Tags
photo