AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-07, 22:41   Link #161
Mei

Just watched this and it seems like it is going to be a fun ride. Looks pretty promising.
Mei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 23:11   Link #162
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Wow this show worth watching just for the OP alone! Hope Kannagi turns out to be good.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
ddwkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 23:36   Link #163
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
funny how more and more people are being driven by how the OP is bad/good.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 23:37   Link #164
Midonin
Last Engage

The way the OP transitions into its title even shows some of the Haruhi/Lucky Star influence. Though with so many dances in this season alone, at least one of them was bound to grab the peoples' attention.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 00:05   Link #165
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well to be honest though, I do think R+D's ED blows Kannagi's OP out of the water, and I DESPISE that show.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 00:17   Link #166
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well to be honest though, I do think R+D's ED blows Kannagi's OP out of the water, and I DESPISE that show.
its alright to like an OP and hate the show, and I totally agree with your statement there. That opening makes me wish Rosario + Vampire wasn't a panty shot harem
Red Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 00:38   Link #167
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Whatever to me the OP/ED is just a bonus if its good, its what is in between that really counts.
Old 2008-10-08, 00:45   Link #168
JediNight
キズランダム

There is actual manga imagery and references behind the OP they made though. They didn't exactly pull that out of thin air. The manga-ka has some sketches with that Nagi lit-up sign and in an idol singer pose, etc. And other stuff I don't want to spoil

PS: What is R+D?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 00:50   Link #169
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
There is actual manga imagery and references behind the OP they made though. They didn't exactly pull that out of thin air. The manga-ka has some sketches with that Nagi lit-up sign and in an idol singer pose, etc. And other stuff I don't want to spoil

Rosario to Vampire
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 01:12   Link #170
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post

seen that one posted in the manga thread..

Spoiler for image cover:
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 01:42   Link #171
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Kannagi=Kamisama Mahou Shoujo

Also has all the signs of Drama Queen No.1

Can't decide if the over acting is cute or annoying. Still, was won over when she was munching down of the fish.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 01:50   Link #172
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicido View Post
Rosario to Vampire
Ah... crappy show is crappy, so I haven't watched it past like the first 10 eps of season 1 I had to watch on anime night with friends.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 01:59   Link #173
Casshern

Well, I liked the first ep of Kannagi. The premise isn't the most original but the flashbacks were very cute.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 02:39   Link #174
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

One of the reasons I've been able to watch it 3 times is that its just fascinating watching Nagi's animated movements. There's some budget splashing around her animation. It almost feels like they did some live-action motion capture.

Hope that doesn't mean we'll get cardboard puppet animation in some other episode to even the budget out.

Other points -- the VA seems to have done her homework in portraying a local demi-goddess (definite voice textures that bring to mind Horo, for example).

I'm kind of steeling myself for the inevitable "encountering the schoolmates especially the childhood friend" ... that's often a stumble point, hope they pull it off smoothly.
Old 2008-10-08, 03:52   Link #175
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
One of the reasons I've been able to watch it 3 times is that its just fascinating watching Nagi's animated movements. There's some budget splashing around her animation. It almost feels like they did some live-action motion capture.... Other points -- the VA seems to have done her homework in portraying a local demi-goddess (definite voice textures that bring to mind Horo, for example)....
The animation is out of this world. And it's not just movement for movement's sake: all the little changes in her eyes or twists of her fingers communicate some attitude or emotional state.

And I think Tomatsu Haruka's vivid energy and supple vocal shifts are the same, Every little tweak and texture expresses something. And she shifts beautifully among the various contradictory aspects of Nagi -- the motherly goddess, the offended goddess, the weak girl, the delighted girl, the self-important clown -- reconciling them all. It's not "overacting" to me, but great comic acting.

I hear Miu (Orikasa Fumiko) from Ichigo Mashimaro and Horo (Koshimizu Ami) among others. "Done her homework" is right.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 04:27   Link #176
Thot

Was anyone able to read how Ayako translated the text on the shirt?
Thot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 04:45   Link #177
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I have to agree with vexx, one can rewatch this episode many times again just from the beauty of movements and voice acting. There is another strong series (so far) Toradora but I don't feel I can rewatch it over again with the same interest as this one. They are on different leagues as far as animation goes.

This is one really well done episode. Just lets hope they will not have to cut the budget down in the later ones due to this one (as its obviously cost quite a bit to make it look so well).

As for text on the shirt, wasn't it "Sense of Shame"?

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2008-10-08 at 05:07.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 05:13   Link #178
kamikazex

so far so good!
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 05:15   Link #179
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
And I think Tomatsu Haruka's vivid energy and supple vocal shifts are the same, Every little tweak and texture expresses something. And she shifts beautifully among the various contradictory aspects of Nagi -- the motherly goddess, the offended goddess, the weak girl, the delighted girl, the self-important clown -- reconciling them all. It's not "overacting" to me, but great comic acting.

I hear Miu (Orikasa Fumiko) from Ichigo Mashimaro and Horo (Koshimizu Ami) among others. "Done her homework" is right.
I mean the character of Nagi overacting and not the VA. And yes, I did get the impression she was channelling the spirit of Miu and Horo in the show so I like it.

Watched it about 3x already

Still can't get enough of the whole magical girl scene. First she challenges the bugs as a hero of justice, then she batters up to smack them.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 10:56   Link #180
kyouray
2D > 3D

Nagi figure by Kotobukiya

and... a hug pillow
Spoiler for Nagi - hug pillow - a little nsfw:

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen