Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-02, 04:27   Link #41
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
Sanae? It's Sana. This is my second favorite anime (out of around 800) so I get picky about it. This is a good episode, even though it's only a one-shot. Tsuyoshi-kun and Aya-chan are so cute, it's really nice to see at least one stable relationship in this anime.

Yeah whaddya mean bad? Ultra Relax always makes me get up and shake my booty! The long version of this song is good too, and the remixes are really awesome.

TOKIO did the original "7 o'clock news" song. The also did another screamingly fun song called "Minna de Wahaha!". Does anyone know if that song was in Kodomo no Omocha anywheres?
Nice that this thread got to be about the show finally. Nice choice for "second favorite anime!"

The TOKIO song in question isn't on the soundtracks IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
If KTP maintain their release to 100+ episode you'll see the next opening is realy baaaad
WHAT is this PICKING on Shinorer all about! I won't have any of that, thanks. "Ultra Relax" is awesome - the crazy banjo loops alone are worth gold. And I like the weird Easter Island thing in the sequence.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 06:44   Link #42
bluemist
i am the mist

Aah, why don't they make shows like this anymore?

I bought the entire Tokyopop Kodocha manga series (10 volumes). It's also good and I like it, but nothing (I mean 'nothing') compares to the crazyness that is Kodocha anime!

Even Excel Saga seems tame to compare.

Anyway, for me Ultra Relax is a really good OP video. Those chibi characters just dancing around, it's very unique for an anime OP.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 00:21   Link #43
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

Ultra Relax...that's one funny OP song, and the video that goes along with it is super funny as well. Although I think I like the 7 'o Clock News OP slightly better (there was an Evangelion version of it floating around a long time ago that was particularly funny).
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 02:32   Link #44
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
Nice that this thread got to be about the show finally. Nice choice for "second favorite anime!"

The TOKIO song in question isn't on the soundtracks IIRC.

WHAT is this PICKING on Shinorer all about! I won't have any of that, thanks. "Ultra Relax" is awesome - the crazy banjo loops alone are worth gold. And I like the weird Easter Island thing in the sequence.

Sorry b-man, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou edges out Kodocha on my list since the manga is an amazing masterpiece, and the anime brings it to life. (Plus my first and only cels I ever bought are 3 absolutely fabu pieces from the first OVA.) Kodomo no Omocha beats out all other anime in terms of humor and drama. One of the most memorable moments in my anime watching hobby was when
Spoiler:
I remember exactly where I was, and whispering "Holy GAWD !!! " before hurrying to find the next ep. This is an incredibly compelling anime... except for the simply awful New York arc but I try to forget that happened.

Was ist das "Shinorer"?

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 17:52   Link #45
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Rogers
(there was an Evangelion version of it floating around a long time ago that was particularly funny).
http://nagashi.tokyo-zero.com/AMV%20-%20Ultra%20Relax%20(Kodocha%20Eva%20cosplay).mpg

Hurrah!
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 02:48   Link #46
SabrielArcher
Hajimemashite

Send a message via MSN to SabrielArcher Send a message via Yahoo to SabrielArcher
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
I only have the old RealPlayer files from a looooooooong time ago. : ( I wasn't able to find a certain set of them... IIRC the story arc where
Spoiler:
wasn't available.

Please set me straight and shut my mouth if it ain't so.

-k

curious
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~` ``

hey.... very ignorant newbie here...........

just a quick question...........i recently heard about the bittorent download site here at animesuki, and have downloaded up to episode 24. i see you have up to 38, but where's 37?
SabrielArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 12:17   Link #47
susuwatari
/c|^_\\\

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabrielArcher
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~` ``

hey.... very ignorant newbie here...........

just a quick question...........i recently heard about the bittorent download site here at animesuki, and have downloaded up to episode 24. i see you have up to 38, but where's 37?

it's not out yet (the DVD version).
susuwatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 12:55   Link #48
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

I don't think there is anything wrong with more than one group subbing any particular series. From a translator's viewpoint, it's very difficult to translate something you have no interest in. Unless of course, you are paid to do so
The fansubbing process is grueling enough even if one IS interested in a series (or whatever material is being subbed), so I don't think groups should "spread out" their work or something like that. Besides, it's always nice to see a little competition (constructive and healthy that is). Of course, with projects like Kodocha it'd be nice if, instead of forming a new group, people interested could help out KTP and get involved that way. I'm sure KTP already has a wealth of resources concerning Kodocha, and with old series like this it's hard to get multiple groups working consistently on it anyway, so consolidating might be more efficient and also more pleasurable to work with. Just my $0.02
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 15:28   Link #49
kuru

Funimation has Kodomo no Omocha

Funimation has licensed Kodomo no Omocha (aka Kodocha, aka Child's Toy).

From www.animeondvd.com

Funimation (Saturday, April 10th, 2004 @ 03:42 PM EST): Funimation will be releasing the Blue Gender movie, The Warrior on July 20. On August 24, the first DVD from Detective Conan (Case Closed ; . A YuYuHakushou boxset will be coming out in late July that holds the first six volumes of the Dark Tournament Saga. Then Lance announced Kodocha to much cheering!

Kodocha (Saturday, April 10th, 2004 @ 03:45 PM EST): It will be coming out in Spring/Summer 2005
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 15:32   Link #50
Fronzel
Schmuck

As promised, they personify love.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 15:43   Link #51
Hisoka Hajime
City Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Hisoka Hajime
I couldn't be more happy.
Hisoka Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 15:44   Link #52
jennwenn

NO WAY! Its the end of the world as we know it! Kodocha has been licesned! Their treatment of Fruit Basket was great.

YAAAAAAAY! (And double-yay for it not being 4Kids.)
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 15:51   Link #53
bluemist
i am the mist

I never thought I'd see the day...
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 15:55   Link #54
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
Their treatment of Fruit Basket was great.
That was the only series Funi did that for and I don't see them doing that again. It wasn't profitable for them. That's why their new releases are 3 ep per disc spread across 8 discs.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 15:59   Link #55
BanditKing

now that I think about it

3 ep per disc = exactly 34 disc(not a good thing)
BanditKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 16:08   Link #56
Spooky-Electric

Yeah, if FUNI releases this 3 eps per disc there's no way in hell I'm buying it.

It has to be at least 4 (but only because I love Kodocha), and even then I would prefer at least 5.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 16:09   Link #57
lobotomoy

Yeah, and they said they licensed One Piece too, which turned out to be totally false.
lobotomoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 17:44   Link #58
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
I only have one thing to say about this...

Yehaaaaaaaaa....
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 18:09   Link #59
RobotCarnival
Headless Beast

Owo. This news took me by surprise. I expected Kodomo no Omocha to remain one of those great series that never gets the US release it so richly deserves, but here it (apparently) is! Normaly I'd be a little bummed out, but the fansubs have been coming out slowly (or not at all... still not sure what's up with Kodocha) for awhile now, and I thought I'd never get a chance to see the rest of the series.

I have Animation Runner Kuromi on DVD and thought it was awesome, and it's success no doubt helped this series get licensed. The beautiful twist there is that watching Kodomo no Omocha is what got me to check out Kuromi, proving that fansubs do get people to buy anime, and buying anime does encourage companies to license more great series. Huzzah!

Tough to have it at three episodes per DVD though; for a 100+ ep. series I'd much rather see it come out in boxed set(s).
RobotCarnival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 18:41   Link #60
Edgewalker
Nani ?

right in the middle of when I was downloading it .

It would be nice if we could keep torrents up until they actually release the show . Its great when something comes to the US . Its lame when they make us wait until a year and a half or so before we know if they actually did put the plan into action .

for all we know they have screwed up again . I have always doubted kodoma would ever be brought to the US and untill I see it on the shelves I still wont believe it .

Last edited by Xenojjin; 2004-04-10 at 18:44. Reason: code
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote