AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-27, 17:46   Link #1
NeoSam

Tena on S-string

The seinen manga Tena on S-string by Mikabe Sesuna will be getting a TV anime adaptation.

S線上のテナ
S Senjou no Tena
Tena on S-string

The manga is serialized in the seinen moe manga magazine Manga Time Kirara Forward.
Currently there are 5 volumes released of the manga, and volume 6 will be released on July 13th, 2009.

Covers:

Spoiler:

From Manga-Heaven scanlation group:

Quote:
The Soul Score... that is something not unlike the threads of fate which tell the story of a person's life from the minute they are born to the finale of death. Few people can see this score, even fewer can manipulate it.

After being hit by a car and nearly killed, Kyosuke Hibiki can see and hear this mysterious soul score. Soon after, he meets a girl named Tena, a "tuner" who is able to manipulate the score and remove discordant notes to bring it back into tune. Tena is determined to make Kyosuke her pet, but Kyosuke is none too fond of it. Yet, the two begin their dissonant duet...
Mangaka: Mikabe Sesuna

Genre: Seinen, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance

Last edited by NeoSam; 2009-06-27 at 18:19.
Old 2009-06-27, 18:03   Link #2
NeoSam

The Tena on S-string TV anime series is scheduled to start broadcast in Spring 2010.

Here's the staff:

-------------------------------------------------------

Director: Kobayashi Tsuneo
Script: Yoshida Reiko, Hanada Jukki
Character Design: Takami Akio
Music: Kanno Youko
Audio Director: Mima Masafumi
Animation Production: Sunrise

Old 2009-06-27, 18:12   Link #3
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

oh hell yeah!

this is a surprise and good one at that!

I very much enjoy the manga so far and will look forward to this
Old 2009-06-27, 18:52   Link #4
Jze0
Hmmm...

Wow!! Suprised this is getting an anime adaptation, didn't see it coming. Well... whatever the case, glad to hear this series is getting animated. Its going to be fun to watch Arun in motion cuz shes adorable. Can't wait when it airs next spring.
Old 2009-06-27, 19:53   Link #5
Westlo
Lets be reality

Just finished reading the first 6 chapters, has some promise and had a few funny moments, definitely watching this and following the manga in the mean time. Arun seems interesting and Tena hasn't managed to rub me the wrong way yet, the music studios have provided some good laughs every times they showed up towards the end lol.

Looking at the staff it should be a good adaption, Sunrise are generally a good studio and are good at adaptions (KuroKami aside), Yoko Kanno being on board should provide some really nice music throughout, expecting to hear piano pieces a lot... The two scriptwriters worked together on K-ON! HANADA recently did series composition for Regios and Sora Kake Girl and YOSHIDA is doing Umi Monogatari this summer and worked on the ARIA shows. With the source material being sound my only worry is that in the directors chair is the guy who directed KuroKami
Old 2009-06-27, 20:42   Link #6
Midonin
Last Engage

Musical series usually hit the right note with me, and coming from the same source as many of my other favorite series (Kirara), this one seems rather sharp.
Old 2009-06-27, 20:53   Link #7
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Tena is determined to make Kyosuke her pet
... Oh geez, please say that she isn't overly violent to the main character like Louise.
Old 2009-06-27, 21:02   Link #8
ZODDGUTS

Unlike that girl this one she's very likeable and also very naive and she gets advantage of from the main character from time to time.
Old 2009-06-28, 05:20   Link #9
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Musical series usually hit the right note with me, and coming from the same source as many of my other favorite series (Kirara), this one seems rather sharp.
Yeah, Kirara manga are also my favourite type of manga they fall under the young men's "bishoujo moe" type of manga, and I can't say no to bishoujo/moe manga LOL

Then I would also recommend manga that come from these magazines: Manga 4-koma Kings Palette and Manga 4-koma Kings Palette Lite, they should be like the kirara magazines in content (bishoujo/moe).
Old 2009-06-28, 17:49   Link #10
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
... Oh geez, please say that she isn't overly violent to the main character like Louise.
This comparison is gonna be made alot here no doubt about that but I don't think Tena is anywhere near as bad as Louise. Altho somewhat violent, the beatings she gives do have actual reason behind em plus they are way way funnier reasons too.

Also our male lead here is really good too, he's no where near as stupid as Saito.

bottom line I find this alot cuter and alot funnier than ZnT
Old 2009-06-28, 22:38   Link #11
TrueKnight

I like the lead, but right now I dislike Tena and found her really annoying.

The lead's a poor guy who's smart enough for getting a scholarship, graduates and finally opening his own little private music school. He likes musics so much he gave ridiculous amount of discounts for students who're also passionate about them eventhough he knew it'll eventually hurt him financially in the long run. The guy is really living an honest life.

Suddenly this loli brat appeared out of no where claiming him as her pet because of his special tone, made him her servant, treated him like crap, accused being a pedo, nearly got him killed most of the time, finally made him financially bankrupt threatening all his hard work until now.

What's worse the girl didn't even show even the slightest amount of grattitude.

Well the lead is really a big hearted kind of guy and personality wise better than Saito, though in terms of usefellness he's still below the mark. As for Tena her annoyance is at Louise' level imo. Hopefully it'll change in the future. Last I find it disturbing the lead is 24 years old surrounded by potentially harem filled with minors WTF lol.
Old 2009-06-28, 23:19   Link #12
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
I like the lead, but right now I dislike Tena and found her really annoying.

As for Tena her annoyance is at Louise' level imo.
Have to agree. After seeing this thread, I decided to check this series out and Tena almost instantly gave me Louise vibes. I really haven't found much likable about her in the very little I checked from the series, but it might be enough to turn me away from the anime adaptation.
Old 2009-06-29, 02:17   Link #13
Westlo
Lets be reality

I absolutely hated the last segment of ZnT II, Louise's abuse in the first ep of season 3 led to me dropping that like a hot rock. I stopped reading the Toradora manga (well before the anime came out) because it gave off ZnT vibes. I really have no problem with Tena... maybe because it's played more for laughs than Znt...

Quote:
Suddenly this loli brat appeared out of no where claiming him as her pet because of his special tone, made him her servant
Well it was that or take his note... which is a far worse result don't you think?

Quote:
treated him like crap
Tsundere is tsundere.

Quote:
accused being a pedo
How's that her fault? Because her bodies underdeveloped? Besides both occasions of this was hilarious.

Quote:
nearly got him killed most of the time
What else did you expect in this genre?

Quote:
finally made him financially bankrupt threatening all his hard work until now.
He's not quite there just yet and from the looks of it he wasn't that well off in the first place... now if he starts composing again like she's pushing him too he will be better off than he was before she was there...
Old 2009-06-29, 04:56   Link #14
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo
Well it was that or take his note... which is a far worse result don't you think?
I wouldnt prefer both. But her stubborn and selfishnesh seems to proof otherwise. It wouldn't hurt to actually appreciate the guy a little, which she didn't do.

Quote:
Tsundere is tsundere.
With the borderline of annoying if not had passed them. What's more annoying is she abused him when it's her who's freeloading on him at the first place. Her competitors were much more bearable.

Quote:
How's that her fault? Because her bodies underdeveloped? Besides both occasions of this was hilarious.
You mean by her forcing him to accept an undeveloped 15 years old kid (who happened to be a minor) at his house causing a severe misunderstanding? Yes.

Quote:
What else did you expect in this genre?
In this case you mean an annoying girl who harras a completely innocent guy to no end?

Quote:
He's not quite there just yet and from the looks of it he wasn't that well off in the first place... now if he starts composing again like she's pushing him too he will be better off than he was before she was there...
So far up to manga chapter 6 it's clear she's the one causing him to be financially in the dump. She would probably push him to compose better in the future but her lack of appreciateness and her looking down on him all the time are definite turnoffs.

In all I won't really care if the lead is someone like Saito or Minato. This lead guy was just trying to live honestly with the minimum payroll he gladly accept out of musical passion.
Old 2009-06-29, 22:29   Link #15
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
The Tena on S-string TV anime series is scheduled to start broadcast in Spring 2010.

Here's the staff:

Director: Kobayashi Tsuneo
Script: Yoshida Reiko, Hanada Jukki
Character Design: Takami Akio
Music: Kanno Youko
Audio Director: Mima Masafumi
Animation Production: Sunrise

I'd like to clear this up. The staff here is not official information, and it's just rumors from 2ch. There are no official sites or other publications that state this as a fact. Even readers from 2ch could not believe that Sunrise and Kanno would work on this production. One of the "sources" going around the net is this site:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20090627

But if you can read Japanese, this blogger actually also dismissed the rumor, which also came from 2ch, and notes that the truth of this "news" is unknown. Apart from that, the blogger also expresses disbelief over the idea that Sunrise will animate it (I think he's thinking, "Are there mechs in this manga?").
Old 2009-06-30, 03:17   Link #16
NeoSam

I know, I actually saw MoonPhase's opinion about it after the start of the thread >_> anyway, I'll ask for the thread's closer in a month's time if no confirmation of it really being animated has been announced until then.
Old 2009-08-06, 00:03   Link #17
einhorn303

Why is it that whenever Yen Press licenses a manga, it gets turned into an anime? It's happened with GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class and tons of others.

I know that English manga companies always prefer to license manga with an anime adaption, as the cross-exposure boosts sales. But I wonder if, when they're at the negotiating table with the publishing company, the publishers are all like, "You know, we're working on an anime adaption too...it hasn't been announced, but there's a good likelihood of it getting finalized..." as an enticement.

Or maybe it's just random chance.
Old 2009-08-06, 12:12   Link #18
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
I'd like to clear this up. The staff here is not official information, and it's just rumors from 2ch. There are no official sites or other publications that state this as a fact. Even readers from 2ch could not believe that Sunrise and Kanno would work on this production. One of the "sources" going around the net is this site:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20090627

But if you can read Japanese, this blogger actually also dismissed the rumor, which also came from 2ch, and notes that the truth of this "news" is unknown. Apart from that, the blogger also expresses disbelief over the idea that Sunrise will animate it (I think he's thinking, "Are there mechs in this manga?").
Yeah, I got it at around the Yoko Kanno part. I haven't even heard of this series.
Old 2009-08-06, 13:26   Link #19
NeoSam

Sorry, totally forgot about this thread >_<

I asked a moderator to close the thread. I do expect this to get an anime adaptation someday, if it does, I'll ask for this thread to be re-opened.
Old 2009-08-08, 06:48   Link #20
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So what with "S-string" ? lol
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, seinen