AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-09, 12:11   Link #21341
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Woah, no one thinks Accelerator is awesome more than me. He was wondering if that the old chart which had him growing stronger after he got the choker was correct and I was telling him that no it wasn't. It's been stated in canon that he got weaker after the bullet to the brain.

My issue with the power charts is that although they do the best they can, power in this series isn't a strict linear progression. For example Touma isn't all that strong (without that invisible thing anyways) but because he's so skilled at using IB he can beat a lot of people higher up on the list then him. In short I'm saying although it shows how strong people are it doesn't show how powerful they are.... Am I making sense?

Although it's entirely possible that the new one does take all those factors into consideration, but I can't read Japanese so until someone makes a picture or translated version I'm not going to be able to read it. So if I'm sticking my foot into my mouth here let me know
and on the other hand, there's people who Touma can't do shit against, for example, Tsuchimikado, unless he lets the Invisible Thing loose.

And I'm getting what you mean; the table only considers two axis; the horizontal with the amount of people, and the vertical with the destructive power, but this chart doesn't consider the Rock paper Scissors relation

anyway, for some reason, I find many side characters more badass than the three protagonists:

- Heaven Canceller (in his own special way)
- Styl
- Aqua
- Knight Leader
- TSUCHIMIKADO, probably the greatest Motta fucka character ever, and not in a negative way

- Kihara Amata, not for being one of the worst humans, even as a character, but because of his detachment and violence (kinda how Vento realized why he would not fall victim of Divine Judgement, i think it was called?). Also, how his discussions with accelerator are so full of "bad" words was hilarious, despite the context

The three protagonists are awesome in their own way, but I guess that they are still too full of doubts, and are too immature
Old 2012-11-09, 13:26   Link #21342
desrtsku
Nympholept

You guys ... you're completely off the bat about what a tier list in an actual series (and video game series) is about. It isn't 100% always about who is "stronger" but more like "who is capable of beating the most opponents", hence why guys like Fiamma who can stomp anyone else safe Touma (who is weak as hell) is so High ... and Touma is so low because of the opposite reason.

Also, about the comment above, while I can fully understand about Acqua and turn my eyes blind on Heaven Canceller and Kihaaaaara-kun. There are 3 things I really can't stand :
1. not including top class badasses like Papa Misaka, Matthai Reese and Kihara Kagun
2. Saying that Tsuchimikado is more badass than Accel the villain that's no better than a piece of s*** or the TouMan
3. saying that someone like Stiyl is more badass than any of the 3 mains ... the worst sin
Old 2012-11-09, 17:17   Link #21343
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I agree on number 3.

And yeah a power chart is mainly who can counter the most and most common enemies. Hell even Oriana would handle Touma his ass with bare hand to hand.
Old 2012-11-09, 21:46   Link #21344
Karna
just some guy

Where is this new power level chart you guys have been talking about? I can't find it.
Old 2012-11-09, 21:58   Link #21345
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Those charts are old....

Here's the new one.

http://kohada.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/csaloon/1335686688/

Spoiler for Power ranking courtesy of 2ch:
here is the new chart...... or not a chart but a list. If you can understand it. I don't have a clue but its a whole thread for the power chart level.
Old 2012-11-09, 23:14   Link #21346
leukrota

Here is google translate's version:

Quote:
S + Eiwasu
Aleister Crow S = Rio Augustine
Leonardi Fiamma Olle pulse of the right S-
One way A + = Kuroitsu~efu Mischa (angels)
A wind cut flower ice
Leo B + index Au Coeur de Luz = Lisa Erizado homogenizer (fully open Katena)
Grandmaster Knight (retribution) of prostitute women (Katena) Vento forward backward Kyarisa Akkua B (fragments Katena) (Durandal)
Matthew Ray Knight led Cervinia = Bird = lease = Laura Stewart Way Brew emissions Hild = Eikutoberu way it is woven Meanwhile God 裂火 B-
B - girl Terra Tech Liisa eagle path forward torr left Etsu~ari Vento hammer throwing military supremacy shave plate boundaries supervision 帝 chantress (flood red) (shoes Vu~idaru) Cendrillon (fleet queen)
Mark = space = Magnus stale pale dilute standard pathology results Berushi Kihara pray bee food operations 沈利 Mugino Misaka Mikoto (Cyborg) Oriana Thomson seabird black night = C
C-agent = La Thorn Wiesbaden burgundy over EquDarkmatter Five Nikolai Tolstoy beer = Geo = Busoni
Amakusa serpent formula (Katena) = Brave Richard chic rare wheel bay rope fantastic beasts (mutually reinforcing) = knight Sherry Cromwell 逢魔 咲 darkness Ken C-shaped temple 斎 ー
Tsuchimikado Motoharu silver knight armor close = α Toshinori drive Komaba D + (Yes weapon) Mio Aizono Teodoshia = Electra (after development)
Lesser Florianopolis Seraing cis = gorgeous Stephanie Leo Palace Ao = dummy Angeles Cali Nietzsche = I = Niki ノシ ニャ = A = Irivu~ika Thurow (Road capacity) Haruo Kiyama Goka seabird populations extra night beloved black silk flag Kuroko Shirai D
D-treatment formula Lucia Amakusa members torr Anyeze = thunk Baghdatis Sasha = Croydon Tsu~efu chestnut bird
Rene Angers Fureisu Hattori Hanzo Sisters troops Anyeze Sugitani grace not Teshio - D
Megumi spots off ruler psychology Hoai Izumikawa 査楽 yellow shroud Kushiro photon after marriage Mitsutaka ocean E (girl's dress)
Guo beach surface finish E-
Wei F 燎多 law and solid black wife Yoshiko Hara hill flow cotton seedlings (original version railgun)
At least it's good for a laugh... (gotta love automatic translations)
Old 2012-11-10, 01:07   Link #21347
desrtsku
Nympholept

For the first time in my life, I'll say that the original version full of Katakana and Kanji is less confusing ...
Old 2012-11-10, 04:37   Link #21348
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

S+ Aiwass
S  Aleister Crowley, Othinus
S- Fiamma of the Right, Ollerus
A+ Misha Croitsef, Angelerator
A  Kazakiri Hyouka
B+ Index, Aureolus Izzard, Carissa with Curtana Original, Elizard
B  Carissa with Curtana Fragment, Acqua of the Back, Vento of the Front's Divine Punishment, Knight Leader with Curtana, Elizarina's Twin with Durandal
B- Kaori Kanzaki, Accelerator, Matthew (or Matthai) Reese, Leivinia Birdway, Laura Stuart, Brunhild Eiktobel, Knight Leader
B-- Etzali, Terra of the Left, Vasilissa, Tecpatl, "Red Flood Girl", Vidar's Boots User, Teitoku Kakine, Gunha Sogiita, Vento of the Front's Queen's Fleet Version, Cendrillion
C Umidori Kuroyoru's Cyborg Abilities, Oriana Thomson, Mikoto Misaka, Shizuri Mugino, Misaki Shokuhou, Byouri Kihara, Bersi, Stiyl Magnus, Mark Space
C- Ellason, Weis Winered, Five Over, EquDarkmatter, Nikolai Tolstoy, Biagio Busoni
C-- Saiji Tatemiya, Ouma Yamisaka, Sherry Cromwell, Knights with Curtana, Combined strength of the entire Amakusa Remix Style of Church, "Illusionary Beast", Leashik, Richard Brave, Bayloupe, Sharin no Orochi (I think the best that Kanzaki defeated)
D+ Ritoku Komaba (with weapons), Powered Suits, Silvercross Alpha, Knights, Motoharu Tsuchimikado (before becoming an esper), Theodosia Electra, Mio Aizono
D  Kuroko Shirai, Saiai Kinuhata, Umidori Kuroyoru, Misaka Worst, Itsuwa, Harumi Kiyama (Multi-Skill), Lessar, Floris, Lancis, Stephanie Gorgeouspalace, Aureolus Dummy, Kariniche I. Nikinoshi, Saronia A. Irivika
D- Xochitl, Agnese Sanctis, Sasha Croitsef, Tochtli, Amakusa Member (individual strength, average), Lucia
D-- Megumi Teshio, Sugitani, Agnese Forces, SISTERS, Hanzou Hattori, Angelene, Freiss
E  Mitsuki Unabara, Mitsuko Kongou, Katabira Kushiro, Saraku, Aiho Yomikawa, Girl in a Dress, Megumi Kirifu
E- Shiage Hamazura, Kuruwa
F Mii Konori, Wataru Kurozuma, Ryouta Okahara, Yoshiko Mioshi
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-11-10, 05:16   Link #21349
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
S+ Aiwass
S  Aleister Crowley, Othinus
S- Fiamma of the Right, Ollerus
A+ Misha Croitsef, Angelerator
A  Kazakiri Hyouka
B+ Index, Aureolus Izzard, Carissa with Curtana Original, Elizard
B  Carissa with Curtana Fragment, Acqua of the Back, Vento of the Front's Divine Punishment, Knight Leader with Curtana, Elizarina's Twin with Durandal
B- Kaori Kanzaki, Accelerator, Matthew (or Matthai) Reese, Leivinia Birdway, Laura Stuart, Brunhild Eiktobel, Knight Leader
B-- Etzali, Terra of the Left, Vasilissa, Tecpatl, "Red Flood Girl", Vidar's Boots User, Teitoku Kakine, Gunha Sogiita, Vento of the Front's Queen's Fleet Version, Cendrillion
C Umidori Kuroyoru's Cyborg Abilities, Oriana Thomson, Mikoto Misaka, Shizuri Mugino, Misaki Shokuhou, Byouri Kihara, Bersi, Stiyl Magnus, Mark Space
C- Ellason, Weis Winered, Five Over, EquDarkmatter, Nikolai Tolstoy, Biagio Busoni
C-- Saiji Tatemiya, Ouma Yamisaka, Sherry Cromwell, Knights with Curtana, Combined strength of the entire Amakusa Remix Style of Church, "Illusionary Beast", Leashik, Richard Brave, Bayloupe, Sharin no Orochi (I think the best that Kanzaki defeated)
D+ Ritoku Komaba (with weapons), Powered Suits, Silvercross Alpha, Knights, Motoharu Tsuchimikado (before becoming an esper), Theodosia Electra, Mio Aizono
D  Kuroko Shirai, Saiai Kinuhata, Umidori Kuroyoru, Misaka Worst, Itsuwa, Harumi Kiyama (Multi-Skill), Lessar, Floris, Lancis, Stephanie Gorgeouspalace, Aureolus Dummy, Kariniche I. Nikinoshi, Saronia A. Irivika
D- Xochitl, Agnese Sanctis, Sasha Croitsef, Tochtli, Amakusa Member (individual strength, average), Lucia
D-- Megumi Teshio, Sugitani, Agnese Forces, SISTERS, Hanzou Hattori, Angelene, Freiss
E  Mitsuki Unabara, Mitsuko Kongou, Katabira Kushiro, Saraku, Aiho Yomikawa, Girl in a Dress, Megumi Kirifu
E- Shiage Hamazura, Kuruwa
F Mii Konori, Wataru Kurozuma, Ryouta Okahara, Yoshiko Mioshi
I have to say this power chart, seems to be a bit more open to just people with supernatural powers. Including groups of people and technology (machines)
Old 2012-11-10, 14:03   Link #21350
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Woah, no one thinks Accelerator is awesome more than me. He was wondering if that the old chart which had him growing stronger after he got the choker was correct and I was telling him that no it wasn't. It's been stated in canon that he got weaker after the bullet to the brain.

My issue with the power charts is that although they do the best they can, power in this series isn't a strict linear progression. For example Touma isn't all that strong (without that invisible thing anyways) but because he's so skilled at using IB he can beat a lot of people higher up on the list then him. In short I'm saying although it shows how strong people are it doesn't show how powerful they are.... Am I making sense?

Although it's entirely possible that the new one does take all those factors into consideration, but I can't read Japanese so until someone makes a picture or translated version I'm not going to be able to read it. So if I'm sticking my foot into my mouth here let me know
There is no Accel before or after getting shot in the new one. Just pre and post Angel. In a way, Angel mode has become the new benchmark for him
Old 2012-11-10, 17:16   Link #21351
classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I'm interested to see which Saint will be battling the next time. For some reason, I'm hoping it to be Silvia involved in the battle.
I want to see more of what Vasilissa and Laura are capable of. They are church leaders for a reason.
Old 2012-11-10, 18:53   Link #21352
desrtsku
Nympholept

The immortal witch isn't a church leader though ...
Old 2012-11-10, 19:05   Link #21353
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

And we've already seen what Laura is capable of... Blowing things up with her hair!
Old 2012-11-12, 00:18   Link #21354
Javiersansano

To those who hated my comment of the the side characters I chose as more badass than the three protagonists, I apologize... maybe badass wasn't the best word, but you all have to agree with me that those said characters are perfectly clear on what they have to do, while:

one of them has his doubts regarding his memorly loss (he heard index telling him she likes him, but he still won't do a damn thing, meaning he is full of doubts, or is just a moron)

the second had to suffer a number of epyphanies along with too many asskickings to finally accept that he wanted to be a "papa"

the third has, or had a major inferiority complex

BY THE WAY, is the invisble thing officially dead now that it wasn't included in the list?
Old 2012-11-12, 11:17   Link #21355
Last Order
Accelerator's fan

Accelerator wears expensive?
It seems that he spends very little money.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
“Ha ha! Thank you for letting me enjoy the scenery underneath your skirt!!”
-He was joking or really abused her?
Old 2012-11-12, 17:45   Link #21356
Sumeragi
Banned

Who said that?
Old 2012-11-12, 18:19   Link #21357
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Who said that?
Accelerator, while he's chasing Imouto 10032.
Old 2012-11-12, 22:20   Link #21358
Last Order
Accelerator's fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Who said that?
Accelerator said it to Awaki. Then he had beaten her.
So what? I think he said it because it made fun of her. As it was with Misaka imouto.
Old 2012-11-12, 22:25   Link #21359
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Order View Post
Accelerator said it to Awaki. Then he had beaten her.
So what? I think he said it because it made fun of her. As it was with Misaka imouto.
It was Awaki? I could have sworn it was when he's catching imouto...

*goes to check*

Lol yeah, my bad- The one where he chased the Imouto was-

Quote:
“Ha ha! What’s with those fleeing hips? Why are you shaking your ass like that!? You’re just asking for it!!”
Old 2012-11-12, 22:26   Link #21360
Sumeragi
Banned

How it contrasts with his image as Papa Bear.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen