AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-10-17, 10:55   Link #1
sasuke706

Jujutsushi wa Yuusha ni Narenai

呪術師は勇者になれない (Jujutsushi wa Yuusha ni Narenai)
Translation: The Witch Doctor Can't Be a Hero
Author: Hishikage Dairi (菱影代理)
Artist: Homare (誉)

Summary:
Quote:
A class of 41 second-year highschool students are summoned to another world out of the blue, and forced fight for their survival in a dungeon with only Vocations given by gods to help them survive in this unforgiving environment with rules that encourage even the survivors to fight among each other.
Among them, Momokawa Koutarou is receives the vocation of Witch Doctor, which comes with an arrangement of weak abilities that greatly lack the much needed assistance to survive in the dungeon.
FAQ/Three questions everyone asks:
Spoiler for :
This is by the Kuro no Maou author and it delivers pretty well on realistic aspects of survival in a harsh environment they don't understand.

The two protagonist system shows pretty well the differences between your generic harem protagonist with convenient powerups when he needs them, and our weak and somewhat cowardly protagonist who struggles to accomplish anything.
I'm quite enjoying it so I decided to make a thread for once, since we can't have Erotora making half of the threads here of...questionable series.

As expected of the Kuro no Maou author, the heroine in this shows yandere traits.
The protagonist himself tries to be logical and calm (and often fails), doing well at depicting a realistic "normal" attitude (compared to "everyday normal highschooler" in every other work) for a student in his situation.

Translation.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2017-05-02 at 23:25.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 11:09   Link #2
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Two protagonists? NTR batoru?

Is the main protagonist got separated from the class like always?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 11:28   Link #3
sasuke706

^The entire class is more or less separated to begin with.
A few people reunite with each other and party up right away, which even the protagonist does, but he does stray from his initial group. The heroine strays from her initial group as well.
Half of the class still has yet to be seen or mentioned.

The issue is they're told at the start that only 3 people can escape, which encourages not forming big parties.

Also, while I say two protagonists, the chapter allotment is basically 80% witch doctor protag and 20-ish% hero protag.
Also, the hero is your actual generic protagonist; he's not Mr. Justice asshole like you might think he is and has a background in some martial arts, etc.
Old 2016-10-17, 11:31   Link #4
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^That's why he's the 2nd protagonist instead of rival/kouki role, right?

Side characters got some snusnu, meaning rape or couples or both?
Old 2016-10-17, 11:36   Link #5
sasuke706

^Couple.
A random warrior guy and mage girl the protagonist comes across got together to help relieve each others' stress and whatnot.
The warrior guy bragged they had sex and tries to encourage the protagonist to bone the main heroine. You know, normal guy talk.
Haven't seen any rape yet.

The hero guy might become a rival or enemy? The protagonist has yet to meet him in the dungeon so we don't really know how they'll get along (although the protagonist and hero are relatively nice people, so it's hard to see them picking a fight with each other), with the latest chapter being him and the heroine of the story getting saved by the hero's harem party (which a couple of them sort of betrayed the main heroine). The hero isn't seen among them so we don't know if he went somewhere offscreen, or is just going to arrive late.
Old 2016-10-17, 11:43   Link #6
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Nice advice random guy

Wee? The 2nd protagonist' heroines are bitches?
LoL Flag~
Soon it will be single protagonist
Old 2016-10-17, 11:57   Link #7
sasuke706

^I mean, not really? The two who did the thing had pretty solid reasons for doing it.
Spoiler for :
Old 2016-10-17, 14:07   Link #8
cabman11

So both protagonists are decent people/characters?

So what's both of their powers? What can the witch doctor do and what can the other protagonist
Old 2016-10-17, 14:53   Link #9
sasuke706

Yeah. they're decent people. You'd think a Witch Doctor is all about hatred and cursing people, but the curse god who gives him his abilities says he has the qualities as a witch doctor exactly because he doesn't do that. It's probably like a equivalent exchange mindset thing, eye for an eye sort of deal.

I don't mind listing the protagonist's move set, but the hero's is too long.
Spoiler for Moves:
Old 2016-10-17, 23:49   Link #10
SereneSolace

lol, the ironic humor in this story is great. For example:

Spoiler for funny moments:
SereneSolace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 12:26   Link #11
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

I started reading this after leaving it to store chaps for a long while, the name of the second arc made me Some spells are in common with Kuro no Maou, let's hope monsters too since I liked quite a few of them, plus the broken monsters there are seriously bad news and do plenty of genocide.

About mister boreass and his harem, let's hope that the author takes a page from Kuro no Maou and the guy's heroines start killing each other for the sake of monopolyzing him, heh. The author is also obviously saving that friend that the yuusha had, he probably is going to come back as a bad guy later on.

BTW, does the MC group totals 3 as of latest? I'll probably need awhile to catch up (usual stuff from holidays).....
Old 2016-12-31, 12:40   Link #12
sasuke706

Uh, about that last bit.
Spoiler for :

Also, there are some similar monsters. Like armored bears are straight out of Kuro no Maou. Granted it got insta-gibbed by Sariel in Kuro.
Old 2016-12-31, 16:47   Link #13
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Uh, about that last bit.
Spoiler for :

Also, there are some similar monsters. Like armored bears are straight out of Kuro no Maou. Granted it got insta-gibbed by Sariel in Kuro.
Spoiler for spoilaa:

Btw, I already translated the prologue in my blog
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-02, 02:49   Link #14
heroeric

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
Spoiler for spoilaa:

Btw, I already translated the prologue in my blog
So who is the bitch and why do you call the sister a drag
Also can you give more details on why
Spoiler for spoiler:
heroeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-02, 03:37   Link #15
soularc55
7th dimensional king

Wasn't the bitch one of those girls that are outside of the girls that abandoned heroine and she wanted to kill the mc because he was caught in his masturbation session (heroine didn't mind but the rest of the females did)?
Old 2017-03-02, 07:04   Link #16
sasuke706

^I'm pretty sure he's calling them all bitches at this point.
Ironically the two girls that abandoned the heroine weren't actually an issue.
The class rep wanted to make up for it pretty bad and was pretty cooperative during the whole thing, even though she never tackled the core issue of their distrust (she wasn't too fond of the masturbating either), but overall was a plus.
The other girl, the thief genki track girl, was neutral. Like she never did anything and got the least attention. Not a problem and not helpful.
Sage girl was a major minus, though. Like trying to use the protagonist as a meat shield, clinging onto him where he can't move and obstructing his movement to where he nearly got killed.

Samurai girl and imouto were the main problems and they weren't involved in abandoning the heroine.

^^
Spoiler for :
Old 2017-03-02, 09:32   Link #17
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
^I'm pretty sure he's calling them all bitches at this point.
Ironically the two girls that abandoned the heroine weren't actually an issue.
The class rep wanted to make up for it pretty bad and was pretty cooperative during the whole thing, even though she never tackled the core issue of their distrust (she wasn't too fond of the masturbating either), but overall was a plus.
The other girl, the thief genki track girl, was neutral. Like she never did anything and got the least attention. Not a problem and not helpful.
Sage girl was a major minus, though. Like trying to use the protagonist as a meat shield, clinging onto him where he can't move and obstructing his movement to where he nearly got killed.

Samurai girl and imouto were the main problems and they weren't involved in abandoning the heroine.

^^
Spoiler for :
While Momokawa starting to write his "Basilsk Observation Diary" and another little "friend"
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 23:17   Link #18
lexlexz

lion is translating now
how many chapters this has right now?
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-27, 01:05   Link #19
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Over 80. Just like in Kuro no Maou, weekly updates are the strongest possible curse that makes us go yandere insane... I haven't caught up either, and I really, really want an update on the pervy skill the MC got; in Kuro no Maou said skill also sounded like a troll at first, but in the end it's usage was a pretty damn big deal (and it's getting bigger as we speak )
Old 2017-03-27, 02:08   Link #20
sasuke706

^Ah, the semen skill did get a sort of update.
Spoiler for :
Yeah, weekly updates a curse.
Although this series has much faster pacing than Kuro no Maou. Shit actually gets done in reasonable time.

Tags
dual protagonists, dungeon exploration, harem (not mc), survival, yandere, yuusha