AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-10-27, 07:30   Link #1
larethian

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru [Light Novel]

This discussion thread is intended for "Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru (a.k.a OreShura)" Light Novel series only! Remember to use Spoiler Tags when appropriate. And don't forget to indicate the content of your post (e.g. vol #, ch #).

About:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-Tsuki
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru (俺の彼女と幼なじみが修羅場すぎる) literally "Too Much Mayhem Between My Girlfriend and Childhood Friend", Oreshura (俺修羅) for short, is a Japanese light novel series written by Yuuji Yuuji (裕時 悠示), and illustrated by Ruroo (るろお). The first volume was published by SoftBank Creative under their GA Bunko imprint in February 2011. The series has sold over 100,000 copies as of June 2011.

A manga adaptation by the same name drawn by Nanasuke started serialization in the June 2011 issue of Gangan Joker. A spinoff manga, Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru + H (俺の彼女と幼なじみが修羅場すぎる+H), drawn by Inase Shinya (稲瀬 信也) based on scenarios provided by Yuuji Yuuji, and also a 4-koma, Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru 4-koma (俺の彼女と幼なじみが修羅場すぎる4コマ), written and drawn by Marimo, started serialization in Young Gangan, October 10, 2011.

A drama CD has also been released by HOBiRECORDS on July 29, 2011. A volume 2 of the drama CD will be launched in October 28, 2011.

Additionally, an irregular internet radio program, Shuraraji, hosted by Saito Chiwa, is streamed by HOBiRECORDS.
Synopsis of Volume 1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-Tsuki
A cute childhood friend who's like a little sister to me. Chiwa.

"No way no way! Definitely no way! I will never let someone like you go out with him!"

A silver hair, rich girl who came back from abroad. Masuzu.

"Oh, is this something that can be decided by a childhood friend?"

--- Oh my, how did it come to this!?

Even when I was hoping for a peaceful school life, in order to protect the < secret > I share with Masuzu, I was forced to become her boyfriend!

Exploding with jealousy, Chiwa yelled.

"I shall also become popular!"

The scheming Masuzu smiled.

"Then, how about having us help you?"

Getting embroiled into this plight of helping Chiwa to make a boyfriend, what will be my fate!?

-- A "Flowers In Both Hands? No Love X Love Comedy!" brought to you by Yuuji Yuuji X Ruroo --
Novel Cover Illustrations:
Spoiler:

Extra Info::
Shuraba is a noun that originally refers to the place where Ashura and Taishakuten fought, and used to refer places where serious bloodshed has occurred, and these days colloquially in Japan, it is also used as both a noun and adjective to describe mayhem, chaos, etc. etc. A verb form Shuraba-ru (godan verb) also exists.
I have included some examples of usage of Shuraba in Japanese for people unfamiliar with this form of usage, presented in the same way it is used in the title (research credited to Doraneko):
Spoiler for examples with liberal translations:

Here's the current 2ch discussion thread (combined with the author's other work: Rururu):
http://kamome.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/...1321828750/l50

A teaser is available on baka-tsuki.

This is a RabuKome (love comedy), and the author has proclaimed that this will be something very mainstream, so you know what you're in for and don't need to look for a mind-blowing plot with mecha or growing fantastic powers. Some people have compared this to Mayo Chiki!, but since I haven't read Mayo Chiki!, I can't comment on that and will advise you to take it with a pinch of salt due to the differing number of volumes released. Well, despite the fact that it's very mainstream, I find the comedy to be satisfying and a charm to the flow of the story, even though there are harem components, and even when I seldom read harem stories.

For a start, the protagonist is actually:
Spoiler:
And from the flow of the story, this seems to be more of a romance story going somewhere, even when girls are getting added in successive volumes. Enough of my views for now, I will be doing a review on BT blog and summaries of the volumes here when I have the time. Cheers.

Last edited by larethian; 2011-12-02 at 00:44.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 10:03   Link #2
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Good work Larethian... I'm looking for this...
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 22:00   Link #3
Undertaker

This, this and Oda Nobuna no Yabo are the two series I wish publishers in Taiwan would pick up so I can actually by them....
Old 2011-10-30, 00:41   Link #4
Kunagisa

Ruroo is definitely the main reason I began reading this. It's a crime none of his(?) work has an anime yet.

How was the sale of vol 3 for this one?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 00:16   Link #5
larethian

it did make it into Oricon top 30 for the first few weeks, but I never really keep track. and vol 3 has 2 editions.
Old 2011-10-31, 01:16   Link #6
MaaKaichou
Still finding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Ruroo is definitely the main reason I began reading this. It's a crime none of his(?) work has an anime yet.

How was the sale of vol 3 for this one?
According to the Japan's Weekly Manga Rankings for Sep 12 - 18 last month from Oricon, it achieved 20,000+ sales. And like larethian said in above post, the volume 3 sales are divided to two editions. So in equational form:

Special Edition(11,928) + Standard Edition(9,853) = 21,781 within that week only.

It disappeared into Sep 19 - 25 rankings though. Maybe they only sold out 5 to 8 thousands copies, or lower.
MaaKaichou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 01:59   Link #7
Undertaker

According to the Chinese and Japan Wiki, the first two volume broke 100,000 units so the sale is fairly good and with the manga and 4-koma, it might gain a even more of steam.

But really, Light Novel usually take a few books to gain steam and stablize, most anime adaption don't announce until volume 6 or so both so far the series is heading right direction.

Ruroo's only other work only lasted 4 volumes and it seems fairly low profile so it's not a shock there is no anime adaption.
Old 2011-11-03, 02:27   Link #8
larethian

If anyone wants to do the summaries in my place, please feel free to be my guest. I have too many things on my plate now D:
Old 2011-11-03, 02:37   Link #9
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Ruroo's only other work only lasted 4 volumes and it seems fairly low profile so it's not a shock there is no anime adaption.
Kikou Shoujo has 6 volumes now I think. I would count Mushi-uta, but I heard that one's butchered or something (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 04:17   Link #10
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
If anyone wants to do the summaries in my place, please feel free to be my guest. I have too many things on my plate now D:
I was afraid you'd say that ^_^;

Still, whenever you feel sharing some more Masuzu goodness, be assured that lots of people would be delighted. Including me!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 04:44   Link #11
Undertaker

@stuopidget

whoa, I just noticed that the Ruroo you mentioned is the illustrator for the covers and inserts not the author. I was wondeing where those two series you mentioned come from since both aren't listed on the author's wiki.

You throw me off because usually Light Novels aren't credit as owner of the series as they usually has no input into the story nor the characters. Unless they become mangaka or chracter designer for videogames. So it's often there would be difference in artwork between the medium since designs of LN illustrator are usually looked as illustrater's take on character and not unnecessary the de-facto canon unless the illustrator works multiple media or the illustrator was hand-picked/designated by the author.

But from what I see Mushi Uta is the only series he illustrated that was adapted and none of the other series that she worked on are really high profile including Kikou Shoujo and he really isn't that prominent an illustrator. (Although it could be possible he work under different name for different projects)

His style seems to be fairly similar to Yasu but with far fewer work and his art seem to be at his infancy back in Mushi Uta. Frankly, this might end up be the book that boost his illustration career.

Personally I'm more surprised that Bungaku Shojo hasn't been adapted into a TV series yet consider it's popularity and the fact that it was actually adapted into a anime movie last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I would help, but my Japanese level is at barely understanding what's going on in eroge and bishojo games with audio/kanji support so most of my source are either from official Chinese release or Chinese fan-translation. And frankly, I got LN I purchased in Chinese backed up as well. Baka Test, Denpa Onna and a few other series are still sitting on my shelves shrink-wrapped and I'm also waiting on new batch of book sleeves mailed to me because I ran out of my supply.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-11-03 at 04:55.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 00:20   Link #12
larethian

Limited edition cover of volume 4, showing the '4 Seasons', preorder done
Old 2011-12-02, 03:08   Link #13
Mentar
Banned

Looking forward to some spoiler summaries

*hint hint*
Old 2011-12-02, 03:41   Link #14
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Looking forward to some spoiler summaries

*hint hint*
not sure whether I can get the book before I go for my vacation. and don't think I have time to give full summaries, since I have almost a thousand pages of Mahouka to read (v3 & v4) *yippee*. but if there's any Masuzu-related goodies, I'll try to spoil them.
Old 2011-12-02, 05:04   Link #15
Mentar
Banned

Since there seems to be a near-unanimous preference for Masuzu, I think touching down on the things pertaining to her and her non-relationship with Eita would be perfectly fine, thanks ^_^
Old 2011-12-02, 17:12   Link #16
for3ver
The Lost Child

if any one finds any english translated volumes, apart from the partly done one on baka-tsuki can they plz post link here or pm me ^^, much appreciated
for3ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 18:59   Link #17
Chandalen

I'll man up and wave the Chiwa banner all by my lonesome. Some of the trolling Masuzu did to her kinda put me off to be quite honest. I've only read the manga that has been put out at this point so I'm most probably far behind, but it's going to be a hard sell for me to actually like her.
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 02:32   Link #18
larethian

On page 234 of volume 1:
前世のアレをコントだって言われた時

Can anyone who has read the story remind me which incident this is referring to? I can't remember and don't really feel like searching for it.

It's where
Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-25, 23:46   Link #19
larethian

I'm on vacation and staying in my friend's house in Australia right now and haven't managed to finish the book yet, but managed to read chaptesr 0 and 1 during some idle time:

Spoiler for vol 4 chapter 0 & 1:

Btw, the volume comes with a nice 3-fold Masuzu color page (quite eroi I'd say)

And from the illustrations which I flipped through
Spoiler for illustrations spoiler:
Old 2011-12-26, 13:07   Link #20
Mentar
Banned

Gooo Masuzu!! *waves flag*

Larethian: Thanks for the summaries, they're very much appreciated ^_^

Tags
club, harem, romance, school life, shounen