AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 111 Rating
Perfect 10 6 9.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 3.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 9.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 14.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 18.03%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 11.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 13.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 8.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 4.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-29, 14:16   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Claymore Chapter 111

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 111.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Since Claymore is licensed by Viz the following posts are not allowed
  • Asking where you can find Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Linking to Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Posting Claymore scans or translations.
  • Discussing Claymore scan groups (past or present).
These rules applies to the raws as well.

You still are allowed to discuss the manga, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story itself.

Summaries are allowed, it's just that full translations are against the forum rules. The odd image or a translation of a line or paragraph is acceptable, that's considered "fair use" but more than that isn't allowed. If you need to post a single image (or preferably only the relevant part of an image) for a reason related to discussion you can put it on an image host, but never ever post a link where people can see the entire manga.
Old 2010-12-29, 15:15   Link #2
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

The first time I read the chapter, I was underwhelmed, it seemed to convenient, but after reading it again, I changed my mind, it's really good.

I guess Claymore die all the time, so Deneven running into a group of Claymore that were about to get killed should be be expected. If they were not in danger, then Deneven group would have just ignore them, but because of the multiple Abs they had no choice.

When I think about the chapter in that way, I fell better about it.

But, It seem to convenience. It looks Like Yagi is trying to give the Ghost an army of Claymores. There might be a major enemy coming to Claymorevers.
Old 2010-12-29, 15:24   Link #3
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Two ghosts unaccounted for.
I'm guessing Cynthia is helping to heal Phina, and Yuma is retrieving her javelin off screen?
The translation looks really contrived in places - I hope I find the raw soon.
Old 2010-12-29, 15:25   Link #4
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Two ghosts unaccounted for.
I'm guessing Cynthia is helping to heal Phina, and Yuma is retrieving her javelin off screen?
The translation looks really contrived in places - I hope I find the raw soon.
Yeah; I usually just look at the pictures and ignore the text, unless I'm looking at Gernot's.
Old 2010-12-29, 15:36   Link #5
Newhope

Average chapter overall about what I expected, although I did like the banter between Anastasia and Nike.
Old 2010-12-29, 15:42   Link #6
MisterJB
Warden of the West

You have got to be kidding me. So all that hair is actually what allows Anastasia to "fly".
Old 2010-12-29, 15:43   Link #7
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I was gonna say.....a whole chapter of some random claymores?

I still feel VERY underwhelmed of this chapter after reading again. Oh well.
Old 2010-12-29, 16:11   Link #8
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
I was gonna say.....a whole chapter of some random claymores?

I still feel VERY underwhelmed of this chapter after reading again. Oh well.
I don't really think it's random I think this is leading up to something, it could be part of an ORG purge similar to what happened to Claires GEN.
Old 2010-12-29, 16:20   Link #9
su5so

Chapter disappointed me. Anastasia could only hardly hurt the awake, yet the protagonists quickly eliminated them.
I wonder if Tabitha could beat up anastasia after watching this episode ...
And again, the characters save the day as we have seen in previous arcs, (as the arc of diedrith,agatha, riful...),very repetitive.
Old 2010-12-29, 16:32   Link #10
Newhope

You have to remember Miria said all the ghosts including Yuma where as strong as single digets.

Anastasia and Nike basically gave there only advantage away by saving the other two in there group, I doubt if you put the same level claymores from Claire's GEN into the same situation they'd have done any better.
Old 2010-12-29, 16:33   Link #11
haegar
mangaviking

I already expressed my diaspproval of chap in 110 thread so I'm not gonna repeat that. finally settled on 3/10 vote.

In response to newhope's notion that the AB attack was not coinicdental but orchestrated by the ORG who sees no use for clays anymore: I don't know about that, even if they thought their current claymore gen to be useless, they would still kill them off in ways more beneficial to them than this I think.

What did cross my mind though was Rubel. Dae is about to put some pressure on him with his nosing around about how come that information was distorted. So it would be very much in Rubel's favour if things stayed chaotic for the Org. maybe HE did release those ABs from wherever they came, either to just go on a rampage and spread chaos and force the Org to assign warriors or other ressources, in any case ATTENTION to yet another small trouble, or maybe he actually was devious enough to anticipate the ghosts coming for Miria, them sensing these ABs and investigating, and thus as Ryus mentioned, setting the ghosts on a course to find some research lab, maybe even miria.
Old 2010-12-29, 16:43   Link #12
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

I never have high hopes for a January chapter, but this one has been specially dissapointing. What a boring fight from characters I couldn't care less about given the current circunstances. I really, really hope that people like Anastasia (or Miata) will have some importance in the long run, because so far their contribution to the story has not compensated at all for their excessive (from my current point of view) screen time.

The worst thing is not just the fight (I've seen worse)... it's that the entire chapter focuses on a fight I don't care about.

Positive things: Anastasia's technique explained (no big deal after last month 'shock'), a glimpse of Nike's personality and nice eyebrows.

4/10.
Old 2010-12-29, 16:49   Link #13
Newhope

The reason I think this attack is orchestrated by the ORG is because if you remember from chapter 110, Anastasia's group was heading back to the north but where suddenly recalled again and then where suddenly attacked by a random group of a new type of AB I don't know about you that has ambush written all over it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was an ORG set up to test how strong there new weapons are and get rid of Anastasia's group in other words killing two birds with one stone.
Old 2010-12-29, 16:55   Link #14
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
The reason I think this attack is orchestrated by the ORG is because if you remember from chapter 110, Anastasia's group was heading back to the north but where suddenly recalled again and then where suddenly attacked by a random group of a new type of AB I don't know about you that has ambush written all over it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was an ORG set up to test how strong there new weapons are and get rid of Anastasia's group in other words killing two birds with one stone.
true but that works in favour of both our notions: the ORG aka rimuto might have recalled them, rubel might have known and made use of that opportunity by adding some sabotage knowing not only would he deprive the org of testsubjects but maybe also kill of another couple of warriors, thus raising the ghosts chances, -which imho currently is in his favour.

Rubel is the type to think ahead, he needs an exit strategy in case Dae catches up to him - if that happens it wouldn't hurt for Rubel to still have the ghosts around

edit: as for the Org killing of "ineffective" soldiers, generally, YES, they do that without blinking - but we should remember they always work many agendas at once - Pieta wasn't primarilly about purging the ranks, it was much more about hampering Isley's efforts, who suprised the Org with his move - just now they are stretched thin. Yes, when the MIBs watched Miria fight the twins they made it apparent how little they thought of the current gen they had, but at the same time, they currently resort to stuff like allowing Dae to conduct high-risk experiments in order to quickly generate powerfull assets. Rimuto was sceptical about being able to control Dae's zombie#1 plans - he wouldn't be so stupid as to kill the remainder of his warriors BEFORE even knowing if the experiment with prissy's arm succeeds - hence I say: either accident (orchestrated by Yagi for plot reasons) or Rubel messing around...
Old 2010-12-29, 17:17   Link #15
Verkruk
The Perplexing One(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post

Guess the Org isn't very fond of the Prom Queen either lol.

I have to agree with you about the ambush scenario though.
It just seems to be to well timed for it to be anything else, and with all the major players either completely removed(The AO, the AE, Clare, Priscilla, Miria) that leaves just the Org left to pull something like this out of their collective rear ends.

That said, I feel it was a poor chapter that spent to much time on characters that are names only. We don't really need to know that Anastasia is basically Miria with a new hair do, and if that wasn't obvious before... or that the new #15 has funny eyebrows. The flying act explained was a nice touch but other than that... it was a very weak chapter.

Grateful to have it but in the larger scheme of things just what does this add to the story? If we are indeed out to create an entire Ghost/Claymore resistance army then this fits in very well, but after seeing the extreme power and skill disparity between a former #15 and the current #7... I'm not sure they will end up being anything but cannon fodder, which if that is the case... why do we need to know any more about this new fodder than we did of the last group of cannon fodder?

I'm going to have to wait for Gernot's translation before giving a rating though, as his translations have saved a few chapters for me in the past.
Old 2010-12-29, 17:20   Link #16
Verkruk
The Perplexing One(s)

Sorry for the double post but I just found this and thought it would be... enlightening

"Anastasia" derives from the Greek "anastasis," meaning "resurrection." Name of a famous Russian princess.

Anyone want to infer anything about the name choice
Old 2010-12-29, 17:27   Link #17
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

They say all that, but they forgot to kill that jumping girl.
Old 2010-12-29, 17:41   Link #18
SeanQ

not much happened...but what is the secret behind the wing technique?
Old 2010-12-29, 17:48   Link #19
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
not much happened...but what is the secret behind the wing technique?
She basically used her hair to move around and jump.
Old 2010-12-29, 18:03   Link #20
MalakTawus

I liked this chapter.
I think it's wrong to think that EVERY chapter has to be surprising.
Imo a good story don't need only big surprises and new things every month,CONTINUITY in the story is also very important (you understand this better when you reread the story without stopping between chapters).
So what if this chapter was super predictable?
Do you really think it would be better that things would have gone differently?I don't think so.
Even if it was quite obvious that the ghosts would have helped Anastasia's team,imo it's something that continues the story in a perfectly good and logical direction.
Leave the big surprises and the super-climax for when they are really needed,i don't think that a good story is done only with those elements,'cause if you abuse in their use,the story risks to become incredibly stupid and absurd.
So in the end even if this chapter wasn't anything special on its own,imo it continued the story in the right direction introducing Anast-Nike relationship,explaining Anas' ability and without introducing anything useless and illogical (imo infact it would be super-stupid and super-out-of characters if Yagi didn't make the ghosts go to save Anast's team).
Sometimes surprising the readers doesn't mean to create a great chapter,sometimes it just means to create a stupid chapter.

8/10
Closed Thread