Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-31, 02:16   Link #3381
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
They also went up a bit whenever any non-abnormal did anything in the flask arc. I think people just got tired of the abnormals, to the point where even Akune was seen as a breath of fresh air.
Akune was one of the more interesting characters during the flask plan. Not to say he isn't right now but the focus hasn't been on him in this arc. I'd like if he plays a larger role in this next one but I put the odds of that at 50/50 at best.
Old 2011-03-31, 06:30   Link #3382
Sixth
Hu Tao

White Hair Ajimu = Got bookmark'ed by Misogi's ability?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 07:59   Link #3383
zeando
maybenotimome

Spoiler for spoiler:

edit. ah dam, forgot to put that in spoilers >_<

Last edited by zeando; 2011-03-31 at 11:38.
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 08:23   Link #3384
Soji

^This is certainly a possibility or maybe she can change her own abilities / powers when she wants.
The only thing I know is ,I want she to be able to bring Zen to her side after all she told him to come back to her after the election a end .
Now that I think abou it , we wondered if Zen had to die again to meet her again it's seem we have the answer now .. . I find it ironic that Kumagawa has always to dying to meet her and Zen for meet her again for the second time Ajimu herself reappeared in the school.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-03-31 at 09:52.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 10:30   Link #3385
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver001 View Post
Spoiler for chapter 92 speculation:
Actually...

Spoiler:
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 10:37   Link #3386
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Actually...

Spoiler:
wait ...what ?
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Soji; 2011-03-31 at 10:47.
Old 2011-03-31, 10:50   Link #3387
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
wait ...what ?
Spoiler for spoiler:
Well, in the spoiler it was written:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-31, 11:15   Link #3388
Last Carpet

Quote:
Actually...

Spoiler:
This is...there are so many ways to.....I can't even....

I just don't get it. Zenkichi is the one character with the most potential for development. But it never happens. I'm starting to wonder if Nisio even realizes how much the story, since most of it is centered around Medaka, could be improved of he just focused on Zenkichi.

I know the manga isn't over yet. But with this it looks like Zenkichi will never get a chance to evolve and grow. Unlike everybody else in the story.

There's just so much wasted potential here.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 11:50   Link #3389
Soji

Doc Astaroth thanks for the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post

I just don't get it. Zenkichi is the one character with the most potential for development. But it never happens. I'm starting to wonder if Nisio even realizes how much the story, since most of it is centered around Medaka, could be improved of he just focused on Zenkichi.

I know the manga isn't over yet. But with this it looks like Zenkichi will never get a chance to evolve and grow. Unlike everybody else in the story.

I agree with you. Well my hope lies in Ajimu after all we know that she has ties with both Medaka and Kumagawa(and the relationship that they have with each other) but what is the relationship that she has with Zen?. In this arc that just end. we had some indication that they knew each other and that's what intrigues me, I hope that now that she is back (if the spoiler is true) we get the answer on their relationship.
One other thing that I hope is when Zen remember about Ajimu he get some character development.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-03-31 at 12:06.
Old 2011-03-31, 12:06   Link #3390
silver001

Quote:
Well, in the spoiler it was written:
Spoiler:
[/QUOTE]

well i m not totally shocked. I think Zen is so broken that he just a mouth piece how(harsh yes).

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by silver001; 2011-03-31 at 12:10. Reason: quote not working
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 12:13   Link #3391
Doc Astaroth

Quote:

I guess, the problem is, that there is no need for Zenkichi to evolve. Heroes evolve by facing a personal problem, which they can not solve as they are. But Zenkichi has no personal problems! He doesn´t have something like an archenemy or suffer a real failure. We can identify us with him, because he is average, but while we see us as the main characters of our own stories, Zenkichi just sees himself as a side character, who doesn´t need a personal goal. In that case he is even more selfless than Medaka!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Doc Astaroth thanks for the answer.

I agree with you. Well my hope lies in Ajimu after all we know that she has ties with both Medaka and Kumagawa but what is the relationship that she has with Zen?. In this arc that just end. we had some indication that they knew each other and that's what intrigues me, I hope that now that she is back (if the spoiler is true) we get the answer on their relationship.
One other thing that I hope is when Zen remember about Ajimu he get some character development.
Only if the matter, I wrote above, is addressed by Ajimu.
Old 2011-03-31, 12:18   Link #3392
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-31, 13:35   Link #3393
Soji

read you guys post made me think of a theory.
Obviously it can be completely wrong but I write just to see what you guys think.
Spoiler for for theory:

Last edited by Soji; 2011-03-31 at 14:27.
Old 2011-03-31, 14:42   Link #3394
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
it's not wasted potential but latent potential

Quote:
I guess, the problem is, that there is no need for Zenkichi to evolve. Heroes evolve by facing a personal problem, which they can not solve as they are. But Zenkichi has no personal problems! He doesn´t have something like an archenemy or suffer a real failure. We can identify us with him, because he is average, but while we see us as the main characters of our own stories, Zenkichi just sees himself as a side character, who doesn´t need a personal goal. In that case he is even more selfless than Medaka!
looking at this in this way it looks like zenkichi tamed medaka to his will, he was able(maybe not intentionally) to have a supergirl follow his way of thinking and ideals
with no zenkichi medaka would have lived for her power, like the brainwashed medaka said, while with zenkichi she is using her power to live her way (zen's suggested way)
so also zen saying he wants to be able to protect medaka may mean he want(also) to protect the ideals he was able to put in her
this way of viewing it seems a bit cynical to me, this way zen is using medaka (maybe he use her AND enjoy staying by her side too)

Last edited by zeando; 2011-03-31 at 15:02.
Old 2011-03-31, 15:01   Link #3395
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Spoiler:

I would still say, that Zenkichi could become quite important on his own... After all, now he has the same contractor like Kumagawa:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-31, 15:11   Link #3396
zeando
maybenotimome

^you mean changing a person's way to see things(way to think) based on the side-effects of possessing a power? (like manipulate)
or direct possession like mindcontrolling?
Old 2011-03-31, 15:18   Link #3397
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
^you mean changing a person's way to see things(way to think) based on the side-effects of possessing a power? (like manipulate)
or direct possession like mindcontrolling?
Oh, I like the first one!
Old 2011-03-31, 15:26   Link #3398
Clarste
Human

Keep in mind that Zen is actually blind now. He can only see through the borrowed Parasite Vision. He has no vision of his own anymore, because Kumagawa erased it from the world. All he can see is what others see, and ultimately that's controlled by Ajimu.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 17:16   Link #3399
KLGChaos
The Shermain

The thing is, we've been hoping Zen would he come important and develop for nearly 100 chapters now and no such luck. He's most likely doomed to be Medaka's slave forever and never have a life of his own. Poor guy needs to be put out of his misery, because that's no way to live.
Old 2011-03-31, 17:36   Link #3400
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
The thing is, we've been hoping Zen would he come important and develop for nearly 100 chapters now and no such luck. He's most likely doomed to be Medaka's slave forever and never have a life of his own. Poor guy needs to be put out of his misery, because that's no way to live.
maybe you're seeing zenkichi in this way because you are expecting something from him, but there may be other way to look at it, the "zen use medaka"(medaka is zen's slave) looks a bit twisted but it's interesting
so more than a development(which looks he's pretty stable as character) we have to see more about him, to understand more about why he's so stable

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council