AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-15, 19:27   Link #621
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Anyone know when the Oyashiro Edition of Volume 5 of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei will be up for preorder online?
Old 2009-06-17, 18:20   Link #622
Hareoic
There will be burgers

I honestly am not sure what to make of this. Looks like some kind of grenade to me
Old 2009-06-17, 18:50   Link #623
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post

I honestly am not sure what to make of this. Looks like some kind of grenade to me
Your last moments in life... looking at 'killer lolis' in swimsuits...
Old 2009-06-17, 20:34   Link #624
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Tear gas grenade
Old 2009-06-18, 02:07   Link #625
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Seems to be a cooler bottle. Fill it with water or what have you, and the metal container keeps the contents cooler. It says it can hold half a liter and works in 0-80 Celsius.

Still, I wish they could have chosen a better design to slap on a Higurashi bottle.
Old 2009-06-20, 14:58   Link #626
Mint Kashiro

Back to the little Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Portable figures, if anyone has a spare Rika (doesn't matter which version), I would like to trade for one of my spare Marker Mions or Take-Home-Eyes Rena. I can't even find an auction of a Rika seperately. (this is for my friend who got a set and didn't get a Rika, and I didn't get a spare Rika either).
Old 2009-06-20, 15:26   Link #627
Joly
モエカステル

I don't know if you checked eBay yet, but there's a person that sells the figures individually if you search with the keywords 'Higurashi gashapon'.
Old 2009-06-20, 17:06   Link #628
y0shi

A friend of mine, shes totally into kei, so are there any figures or anything with him ?

Thanks^^
Old 2009-06-21, 11:54   Link #629
Fychan

Send a message via MSN to Fychan
I should have pre-ordered Yujin gashapon box from HLJ... I have the ones that came with Daybreak Portable, so I really wanted to complete the collection... Oh well. I think I'll buy the ones I want from eBay =p

As for Rena DX, be carefull then buying yours. There are many selling on ebay for a very low price, and the seller is from Hong Kong, so chances are she was bootleged. But only the oyashiro version, it seems.
Like this one
Old 2009-06-21, 13:16   Link #630
Radikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashinoUmineko View Post
HERE IT IS!!

Where can I get these figures? They're so adorable. ;___;
Old 2009-06-25, 22:04   Link #631
Mint Kashiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
I don't know if you checked eBay yet, but there's a person that sells the figures individually if you search with the keywords 'Higurashi gashapon'.
We found one, and purchased the Rika seperately! She's expensive, but worth it to my friend to complete her set.

Anyhow, to add more content to the thread, I won a box of Higurashi trading figures by Spring on Yahoo! Japan a while ago. While I was wary of Spring's notoriously poor quality (the Shion figure I have is pretty terrible), the price of just over 1000 yen made the purchase worth it.

I was lucky enough to get 10 different figures, so yay for me (Sometimes these figure boxes are packed more randomly than that).

The box:

I'll put the rest of the images behind a spoiler tags this time~.
Spoiler for Rika, Satoko, Shion:

Spoiler for Rena, Cleaver Rena:

Spoiler for K1 (bat), K1 (golf club):

Spoiler for The Mion Army <3 <3:

Seriously, I got three Mions! How awesome is that? Super awesome, that's what!

Overall, the figures look nice. For the price I paid, I'm really happy with my purchase. They're a good size.

Sadly, they look kind of dirty thanks to the paint job, the pieces can be difficult to put together (Shion's arms, Rena's heads keep falling off - yes, both of them), and they do seem to have some color transfer issues (so can't store them in a box together, need to separate pieces by color). There are also lots of removable parts, so I can see them getting lost easily if they fall and break apart. =/

Still for this price, I'm very happy! (Especially now that I have TWO K1s!)

Bonus:
Spoiler for All my Higurashi figures!:

There are 34 of them. 34. WHY DID I HAVE TO COUNT THEM.
I need a Miyo figure NOW. ><;
Old 2009-06-26, 10:03   Link #632
becky-chan
i smell tasty nom noms..

nice army Mint Kashiro!It saddens me,though,that most of the higurashi figures are all cutesy chibis,i would love to have more serious higurashi figurines~
not to say i don't think the chibis are freaking adorable ^_^
Old 2009-06-26, 15:14   Link #633
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
Out of curisosity whats the deal with the clear Mion??
Old 2009-06-26, 16:13   Link #634
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

OH MY GOD It's an army! o__o *fanspasms* Haha anyway

Usually in those blind boxed figure type deals they will have a 'rare' version of one of the figures, like clear or gold. It's supposed to be good that you got one since it is 'rare' but really I think it's an excuse not to give it a paint job.
Old 2009-06-26, 16:51   Link #635
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

Does anyone know where you can find/buy the figurines of Hanyuu and Rika in their sun dresses or any Higurashi figurines that aren't chibi or of the girls in swimsuits?
Old 2009-06-26, 17:10   Link #636
becky-chan
i smell tasty nom noms..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Dragons View Post
Does anyone know where you can find/buy the figurines of Hanyuu and Rika in their sun dresses or any Higurashi figurines that aren't chibi or of the girls in swimsuits?
sun dresses are here,just search "higurashi":http://www.hlj.com
and ebay usually has some,if you type in "rena ryugu" you can find Oyashiro-mode Rena
Old 2009-06-26, 17:13   Link #637
Mint Kashiro

Yeah, the clear Mion is supposed to be 'rare', and she does appear to be made of a different kind of plastic than the others - she's a bit softer. I've decided to store her away because she isn't very attractive, and that plastic won't look very nice when it yellows (and it'll probably do so quickly while on display. Don't know how de-yellowing methods would work on that kind of plastic, either).

A lot of the reasoning for the chibi figures has to do with Ryukishi07's art style, at least with the older sets. My 'Welcome to Hinamizawa', Max Factory Collect 800, and Spring Higurashi Figure Collection sets are all based on the computer novel's art, so they're going to look like that. X3

Sadly, most of the serious, non-fanservice type figures are out of my budget. I just can't bring myself to spend upwards of $70 on a single figure anymore. I do wish they would do some revoltech or figmas of the characters though, I'd be all over that!

The only figure I would think of paying those high prices for would be if someone were to actually make a detailed figure of Takano Miyo in her black uniform (preferably with her gun). Sadly the only Miyo stuff I've seen is a little keychain that I'll probably never get my hands on, and a discontinued trading figure I've never seen anywhere (except sold out on hlj) Okay, so YesAsia has it, but I'm not paying $125 USD for a box >>. *goes to stalk yahoo japan*

Edit: Well, that was easier than I thought. 2200 yen for a set that has all the basic and all the rare versions (the fullset of all the basic, all the rare and all the clear versions was over 10000 yen though). I'll take what I want and ship the rest off to my boyfriend, I suppose. The set with all the basic versions is under 1000 yen.

Last edited by Mint Kashiro; 2009-06-26 at 19:50. Reason: Got it. Easy stuff <3 Y!J
Old 2009-07-02, 12:59   Link #638
Elerie
Mii~

Hau~ I really wish I had the money to buy these figures...they're all so cute.
Not to mention the plush dolls, keychains, mug, etc. Ugh, there's too much Higurashi stuff that I want D8.
But the problem is that even if I did have the money, half of them are sold out or discontinued.
Old 2009-07-02, 15:35   Link #639
kairi10116

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but does anyone know where to get this Rena plush through an import website?
http://www.movic.jp/index.php?ctrl=sheet&code=2823
Old 2009-07-11, 20:10   Link #640
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Does anyone know where to get this Hanyuu figure? I havn't been able to find a website that sells it or any other hanyuu figures other than the DX Swimsuit and Wave ones.
Closed Thread