Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-01-05, 19:07   Link #201
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Cameron should just have left any sex scene in the movie but covered any relevant parts with bats. Not with crappy cartoonish R+V bats but with 500-million-dollar-CGI bats of course!
Old 2010-01-05, 19:31   Link #202
james0246

^500-million-dollar-CGI-3D Bats, that pop out at the audience...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 21:11   Link #203
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
As far as I understand it the USB link isn't designed for sex, Na'vi still have regular bits for that. They just use the USB's to bond while doing it.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 21:37   Link #204
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Nice avatar Roger Rambo XD

Ok , finally be able to watch the movie in 3D !
Wow , just wow the quality is so beautiful , surroundings was brillant ! My eyes was shining lol !
But the plot was so-so ! Yeah , so predictable etc ....
The movie wasn't so bad or so great , just normal with beautiful effects .
For the pets , they should have make differents pets cuz they look likes our pets .
I lol too cuz this movie remind me Pocahontas XD

Ahah nice links XD syncing with sex huh? lol yeah , when i watched this part i was thinking about how they "did it ?" lol

So , a second movie can be possible ? i mean , human can go back to Pandora with his "High tech" and bring chaos one more time .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 21:49   Link #205
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Cameron should just have left any sex scene in the movie but covered any relevant parts with bats. Not with crappy cartoonish R+V bats but with 500-million-dollar-CGI bats of course!
Batty bats voiced by Robin Williams....
Old 2010-01-05, 21:57   Link #206
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:

I kinda figured it would be something like that. The kiss was a little weird too.
Old 2010-01-06, 04:50   Link #207
Habhome

Yes, the kissing definitely got me to raise an eyebrow too. But what if the Na'vi had studied the humans somehow? And they did it just because Jake is a human and she adopted one of our customs, could that explain it?
Habhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 07:34   Link #208
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
But what if the Na'vi had studied the humans somehow? And they did it just because Jake is a human and she adopted one of our customs, could that explain it?
If we're willing to accept the absurdity of the Na'vi having a physically human appearance and most of human body language, it's not that far to extrapolate they might normally kiss each other to.
Old 2010-01-06, 08:16   Link #209
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
If we're willing to accept the absurdity of the Na'vi having a physically human appearance and most of human body language, it's not that far to extrapolate they might normally kiss each other to.
Yeah, it was just one thing that wasn't so alien about them. But kissing is more than just touching lips and locking tongues, so the practice can cross species.
Old 2010-01-06, 10:48   Link #210
TrueKnight

Watched it, loved it. Story’s average but the graphics and visuals were freaking epic. The humans war machine, the heavily fortified bad-ass plane sky fortress was a sight to behold.

But Goddamn the ending leaves a sour thing to my mouth with no resolution on the relationship with the human world.

Only one plane fortress could do so much damaged to the Na’Vi, what if there’s twenty of them. Imagine if a desperate human world which is in dire needs of energy unite, their leaders manipulate the masses, recruiting millions soldiers, gather billions of funds, arming their military to the max and launched a massive scale invasion. If the humans brought in their nukes, tomahawks, weapons of mass destructions like bio weapons then sorry the Na’vis are deeply fucked.

Need to read the novels if there is one, I need to know the aftermath dammit.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 11:40   Link #211
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Only one plane fortress could do so much damaged to the Na’Vi, what if there’s twenty of them. Imagine if a desperate human world which is in dire needs of energy unite, their leaders manipulate the masses, recruiting millions soldiers, gather billions of funds, arming their military to the max and launched a massive scale invasion.
As I have gone over previously, launching a "massive scale invasion" with twenty dragon gunships and millions of soldiers is a logistical impossibility. Each of those mile long star ships the humans have can only move a measly 350 metric tons of cargo. And the humans only have twelve of these ships. meaning that if all the human star ships were orbiting earth (which they're not) you'd only have 4200 metric tons from which to launch your invasion.

Any conventional force you landed on Pandora is bound to be even more poorly equipped than RDA's Secfor troops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
If the humans brought in their nukes, tomahawks, weapons of mass destructions like bio weapons then sorry the Na’vis are deeply fucked.
Except you're not fighting just the Na'vi anymore. You're fighting every living thing on Pandora. You're fighting an entire ecosystem that can fight in a coordinated manner.

Humanity isn't going to just have to use Nuclear, Biological and chemical weapons if they want to tame Pandora by force. They've got to use Relativistic weapon strikes which will be thousands of times more destructive than dropping H-bombs.
Old 2010-01-06, 11:41   Link #212
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Humanity isn't going to just have to use Nuclear, Biological and chemical weapons if they want to tame Pandora by force. They've got to use Relativistic weapon strikes which will be thousands of times more destructive than dropping H-bombs.
Not to mention the nukes would pretty much obliterate what the humans came to Pandora for in the first place.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 11:47   Link #213
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Not to mention the nukes would pretty much obliterate what the humans came to Pandora for in the first place.
A nuke isn't going to destroy Unobatanium deposits under ground if you air burst them. Besides, you're not going to be using Nuke's any way. At the speed's that the ISV moves, your atomics have more destructive potential as a blunt objects than as a sophisticated thermonuclear devices. And Nuke's are hideously inefficient if you're planning to kill an entire planetary ecology.

Of course humanity launching an all out relativistic attack on Pandora may not be a politically viable option, since according to the original script the state of environmental disaster on earth has made environmentalist oriented groups actually serious political parties.
Old 2010-01-06, 12:00   Link #214
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
As I have gone over previously, launching a "massive scale invasion" with twenty dragon gunships and millions of soldiers is a logistical impossibility. Each of those mile long star ships the humans have can only move a measly 350 metric tons of cargo. And the humans only have twelve of these ships. meaning that if all the human star ships were orbiting earth (which they're not) you'd only have 4200 metric tons from which to launch your invasion.

Any conventional force you landed on Pandora is bound to be even more poorly equipped than RDA's Secfor troops.
Except you're not fighting just the Na'vi anymore. You're fighting every living thing on Pandora. You're fighting an entire ecosystem that can fight in a coordinated manner.

Who's to say those are the only ships capable of travelling to Pandora? Or that in the decade it took for Jake to get to Pandora, and the mercs to return to Earth, they haven't built bigger ships to carry for cargo? There's much we don't know about the technology and how it's progressing on earth during this time.
Old 2010-01-06, 12:12   Link #215
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Who's to say those are the only ships capable of travelling to Pandora? Or that in the decade it took for Jake to get to Pandora, and the mercs to return to Earth, they haven't built bigger ships to carry for cargo? There's much we don't know about the technology and how it's progressing on earth during this time.
Even if we increase the theoretical cargo capacity the fleet has by a factor of four, that still only leaves you with less than what two WW2 liberty ships could tow. And the United States needed thousands of these making multiple trips to fight world war 2. Seeing as how your fighting an entire intelligent planetary ecology, you'll at least need that much for a conventional war.

Avatar is taking a relatively realistic approach to it's space travel. Which namely means it's ludicriously expensive just to ship a small amount of stuff. As a result of this, the kind of epic space invasions which we your familiar with in schlockier science fiction just aren't possible.

edit:And we do know a fair amount about Avatar universe space travel, there's a fairly detailed page on the ISV ships they use here.
Old 2010-01-06, 12:16   Link #216
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

The movie was alright for me. My mom mentioned to me how the director is the same director of the Titanic movie and it really shows what a great director James Cameron is. Hope to see his other movies.

The story was exciting and there were some cute and funny moments especially when Jake and the girl Na'vi (forgot her name) first met.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 12:37   Link #217
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Even if we increase the theoretical cargo capacity the fleet has by a factor of four, that still only leaves you with less than what two WW2 liberty ships could tow. And the United States needed thousands of these making multiple trips to fight world war 2. Seeing as how your fighting an entire intelligent planetary ecology, you'll at least need that much for a conventional war.

Avatar is taking a relatively realistic approach to it's space travel. Which namely means it's ludicriously expensive just to ship a small amount of stuff. As a result of this, the kind of epic space invasions which we your familiar with in schlockier science fiction just aren't possible.

edit:And we do know a fair amount about Avatar universe space travel, there's a fairly detailed page on the ISV ships they use here.
I read your link but I think you are still being too narrow-minded on the possibilities with technology in this new universe, not to mention the fact that your link is only about a commercially manufactured ship. The military would have different requirements altogether, and have access to more funding for even bigger ships.
Old 2010-01-06, 12:39   Link #218
james0246

I had a quick question, just how far away is Pandora and it's gas giant "moon" from Earth?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 12:58   Link #219
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
I read your link but I think you are still being too narrow-minded on the possibilities with technology in this new universe
And by narrow minded you mean realistic?

The ISV venture star IS the brand new cutting edge in space travel. That fleet represents the greatest technical achievement the human race has achieved in the Avatar universe to date. But despite all that it still lacks even a fraction of the capability to do what you're suggesting.

What you're suggesting is that the humans just out of the blue start building ships 30 times bigger than their current model and in a hundred times the quantity.

Quote:
not to mention the fact that your link is only about a commercially manufactured ship. The military would have different requirements altogether, and have access to more funding for even bigger ships.
Commercial shipping tend to have bigger transportation capacities than military ships, since they only have to worry about hauling things.

And RDA, being a massive megacorporation weren't exactly paupers. In universe documents refer to them as being quasi governmental in size. They had allot of funding and all those ships they did make were a big risk financially for them.

I doubt even multiple other factions, even working together are going to ludicriously outperform the previous accomplishment (the ISV fleet) by the degree your suggesting.
Quote:
I had a quick question, just how far away is Pandora and it's gas giant "moon" from Earth?
Pandora is in Alpha Centauri A, so it's about 4.4 light years.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2010-01-06 at 13:09.
Old 2010-01-06, 13:02   Link #220
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Human will come back with Battlecruiser then end of Pandora
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote