AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-23, 17:11   Link #1
redbeangirl

Fullmetal Alchemist Licensed

Word on the street is that Funimation has picked up the series. I would love for this to not be true, but my sources (which cannot be named because I would like to keep my job) are fairly reputable and usually right about these things. Anyone else have news...?
Old 2004-02-23, 17:14   Link #2
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeangirl
Word on the street is that Funimation has picked up the series. I would love for this to not be true, but my sources (which cannot be named because I would like to keep my job) are fairly reputable and usually right about these things. Anyone else have news...?
No, iirc the last thing that has been heard is a US company was in negotiations. And the last time someone went "my reliable sources who i cant name for their jobs said so and so", they were completely wrong... so this is just further rumor fodder.
Old 2004-02-23, 17:23   Link #3
redbeangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
And the last time someone went "my reliable sources who i cant name for their jobs said so and so", they were completely wrong... so this is just further rumor fodder.
Hey, not looking for fame and fortune through info swapping, nor am I particularly interested in making a fuss. Just thought I'd pass on what I'd been told, is all -- I really love FMA, and I'd hate to see it yanked off the net mid-season.
Old 2004-02-23, 17:32   Link #4
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Not that I'm doubting your sources (it wouldn't surprise me at all if FMA is already licensed or is about to be), but I don't think your info is concrete enough to have the show stop being subbed. I think far more convincing arguments can and have been made for Maburaho and Paranoia Agent, for example.

I know we just had Katsucon... when's the next big one roll around? It wouldn't surprise me if an announcement is made at a con.
Old 2004-02-23, 17:33   Link #5
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeangirl

Yeah this guy i know knows this other guy. And this other guy has a brother and he told this girl who told her boyfriend who works for a company I can not name to tell her what is going to be licensed but he works for craft so the only thing he can talk about is mac and cheese.
Old 2004-02-23, 17:45   Link #6
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

Well I'm looking forward to someone picking up FMA, FUNimation would probably be ideal for it.
Old 2004-02-23, 18:47   Link #7
teawednesday

You wouldn't happen to be from LJ, would you? 'Cause if so, that's pretty good news. I was hoping that a good company (i.e., not 4Kids) would put it out- hopefully they have a nice episode/disk count, like their Fruits Basket release. Truth be told, I was *really* hoping that Bandai would get it, so we could have spiffy limited editions, but eh. Whatever works.

Ehhh, I just hope that they (or, y'know, whoever has it) don't accounce it for a while. I want to finish the fansubs, dammit!
Old 2004-02-23, 18:51   Link #8
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabiree
Well I'm looking forward to someone picking up FMA, FUNimation would probably be ideal for it.

Yeah then we could have a horrid dub for it. And they could rename it to something ULTRA SPIFFY like: Shiney magic Dude
Old 2004-02-23, 18:54   Link #9
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm closing this thread because we don't like to spread unsubstantiated rumors on AnimeSuki. If anyone actually has better information than "word on the street" then we would be glad if you opened a new thread. In the meantime I will only say that no source that AnimeSuki respects is saying that there is any truth to this rumor.

We are pretty sure that it will be licensed someday, but that day has not yet arrived.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread