AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-08-09, 00:49   Link #1161
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Hmmm... I tried, no luck. Not even on ebay.

She looks like she might be pretty unique, considering she's based off a character created by a doujin artist as a joke. I'd like to have one of her just for that alone. Well, and that is a good looking figure.

I did find another Akihabara article with a bunch of nice images:
http://www.akiba-ch.com/?p=81

And this:
Spoiler for Phantasmoon:

Good luck in finding one. You could always try a shopping service, like Ooh!Japan. Just send them a link to what you're looking for, they hunt it down, tell you how much and ship it if you agree to the price. It'll cost some extra fees, but if it's for a hard to find item, might be worth it. There's no cost in just asking if they can find it.
Old 2008-08-09, 03:51   Link #1162
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

that figure was out at WF I think it will have more released unless it already was this year.

http://www.hlj.com/product/ORC60011

I also ordered a figma this previous week and I was wondering who in the world bought the idol master figure and C.G. set.

now I know

the biggest moment when I care about money and politics is when I shop overseas. come on US dollar up up up!
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 07:12   Link #1163
Amray

My most recent was a statue of my all-time favourite male anime character. Kyon. XD

I'm still waiting for the release of the Tsukasa and Kagami Hiiragi PVC shrine maiden statues. I know where I am to place them too. It will come up to quite a lot of money, but that's what money is for, right? Plus, I have nothing else to spend it on.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 07:31   Link #1164
Leon Rose
What?

Send a message via Yahoo to Leon Rose
Im about to go to work but I'll be back when I get home but I just wanted to say thanks alot guys I really appreciate your help with this and special thanks goes to Mushi for that spoiler picture, Thanks guys.
Leon Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 10:36   Link #1165
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
that figure was out at WF I think it will have more released unless it already was this year.

http://www.hlj.com/product/ORC60011
D'oh... well, there you go. I remembered to add HLJ to my list of suppliers this time.

My only apprehension about that figure would be that all the weight is on one leg. But, looking closer at the images, it looks she might have a wire rod going into her foot and the base is fairly heavy looking.
Old 2008-08-09, 19:17   Link #1166
Leon Rose
What?

Hmm, Ok I tried to checkout out the figurine and they told me"Shipping Method: EMS

Payment Method: PayPal/Money Order(Is it possible to change this paying method to paying with my debit card if you guys know?)

Please note that this order will not be entered into our accounting
systems until August 11 . At that time, we will send you an order
confirmation message with your customer ID, order number and other
information."
Edit: Whats the best way to get a class case for my figurines? I have a kind of small room so whats the best way to approach this?

Last edited by Leon Rose; 2008-08-09 at 23:15.
Old 2008-08-10, 22:47   Link #1167
dfens

Leon Rose if you ordered from HLJ you can't pay by debit card. They only take real Credit Cards, Pay Pal, or US money orders shipped to a US address which takes up to 2 extra weeks if you pay by money order.

As for a case it's hard to find small ones just for one figure. Try a hobby or modeling store. I got mine from IKEA it's a 4 shelf glass case a Detolf. Holds all my figures.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 23:11   Link #1168
Leon Rose
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
Leon Rose if you ordered from HLJ you can't pay by debit card. They only take real Credit Cards, Pay Pal, or US money orders shipped to a US address which takes up to 2 extra weeks if you pay by money order.

As for a case it's hard to find small ones just for one figure. Try a hobby or modeling store. I got mine from IKEA it's a 4 shelf glass case a Detolf. Holds all my figures.
Aww, But thanks for sharing about the HLJ thing though back to searching again....But if you guys have another store that you could post up that would really help out. My 21st birthday is next saturday and wanted to get that fig for my bday
Old 2008-08-11, 00:20   Link #1169
dfens

Leon here is the one you wanted on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Take-Moon-Fantaz...QQcmdZViewItem

Shipping is kind of high 40 bucks. But you could ask for parcel post extra week and is around 10 dollars.

HLJ is 70-80 shipped. I've ordered from them before great service. Payment by pay pal is a pain in the ass have to use my friends account.
Old 2008-08-11, 03:40   Link #1170
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

this is the glass case you have?
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10011055

it has a light on top or just the mount?

also how are the door hinges? are they cracked or is it a complete seal? I dont like dusting lol
I go to ikea quite often but I have not seen this on display. I'll have to check better.
I moved last year and my brother wanted my large cabinet so most of my stuff is in storage boxes. but something like this I could throw in a corner and it looks ok until I find a new display cabinet.
Old 2008-08-11, 09:14   Link #1171
HandofFate

A recently purchased hand-made Sabre Figurine from Fate/StayNight. Feel in love with it the moment I saw it and knew I just got to have it. Has some nice features such as magnetic chest and back armor that you can take off and on at your leisure.

Spoiler for Pics:

Last edited by HandofFate; 2008-08-11 at 09:19. Reason: forgot a picture
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 12:05   Link #1172
alamarco
Why hello there!

Wow, awesome Saber! Looks really good! Sometimes the skill people have in crafting figures just amazes me. Recently someone posted a Euphemia from Code Geass over in the Code Geass forum. Was such a stunning figure. Now seeing this Saber and I'm just awestruck.

There is one thing that bugs me though. Right above the shaft of the sword is kind of like a brown color. Doesn't look too gold, or it's just too dark a gold. Either way, good figure!

If you don't mind, how much did that cost you? These hand-made seem quite expensive.
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 13:51   Link #1173
dfens

Potatochobit the detolf is the best case for the money.

A few other members have one and after seeing theirs had to get one.

Over all it's strong design would have liked a better one with stronger joints for the shelves and a more secure door seal wise but those cost hundreds of dollars and can't be bought at a normal ikea or furniture store. I have the money but couldn't find a place that sold professional display cases.

I'm 5'10 and I only 2-3 inches taller than the case. Width about a few inches shorter with my arms at my sides. Pretty easy to put together would be best with 2 people the glass is heavy and you need someone to hold it will lining everything up.

The detolf has 2 gaps one on each side of the front door less than 1 cm. Yes dust will get in. But I had mine almost for over 7-8 months and only dusted once. What's cool is most of the dust will land on the shelfs and not the figures. So I pulled the figures out dusted the shelfs and it was all clean again. When they were all over my computer station no protection I was dusting my collection monthly.

The shelfs can hold up to 12 pounds never tested it since it's glass and a few of mine can break if dropped. But since most figures are plastic no worries if you cram as many as you can on a shelf with weight to spare.

As for the light that is extra and is not included. It has the hole pre-cut for you. Mine has the light came with it when I bought mine used. It's a extra 15-20 bucks. The light is nice but the power unit that plugs into the wall is ridiculously huge and can break your foot if you drop it onto it.

Still I got a killer deal on mine for 40 bucks with the light and the guy delivered it and helped me put it together.

I'll try to get some pics but do a google search for detolf and you can see others collections and the unit.
Old 2008-08-11, 13:56   Link #1174
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Wow... that Saber looks awesome. Congrats on getting her.

Re: Ikea Detolf - I looked into getting one. The $60 price is very reasonable, but they wanted over $200 for shipping because of the weight. I'll have to look around at local furniture stores for something. All of my figures are currently in the open and I hate dust so bad.
Old 2008-08-11, 16:35   Link #1175
Leon Rose
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Wow... that Saber looks awesome. Congrats on getting her.

Re: Ikea Detolf - I looked into getting one. The $60 price is very reasonable, but they wanted over $200 for shipping because of the weight. I'll have to look around at local furniture stores for something. All of my figures are currently in the open and I hate dust so bad.
I second that
Old 2008-08-11, 17:20   Link #1176
GameraBaenre

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
A recently purchased hand-made Sabre Figurine from Fate/StayNight. Feel in love with it the moment I saw it and knew I just got to have it. Has some nice features such as magnetic chest and back armor that you can take off and on at your leisure.

Spoiler for Pics:
Yeah, and her panties are painted too... not sure if you checked under her skirt yet.....
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 17:27   Link #1177
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamarco View Post

There is one thing that bugs me though. Right above the shaft of the sword is kind of like a brown color. Doesn't look too gold, or it's just too dark a gold. Either way, good figure!

If you don't mind, how much did that cost you? These hand-made seem quite expensive.
Yea, when I saw it on display at the art auction, my eyes just went wide.
I think it might the lightning angle in some of the pics. The sword isn't pure gold color but imo I wouldn't classify it as brown.

The figure cost me a total of $170, decide if its expensive or not as you will. Had to fight 1 or 2 real life snipers for it too. To me with the quality of it, I think it was worth every dollar to me. I considered it a decent buy since in my area, the Sabre EX PVC? figure was selling for a very overpriced tag of $120.

One more pic of the figure. (a little fanservice)
Spoiler for Fanservice:

EDIT: ha, Gamera posted his comment in the middle of me writing this and submitting it..
----

On the subject of display cases. The Ikea Detolf seems good, but more something for the future. Are there any recommendations for a plastic display case and not a glass one? I don't think I'm interested in a regular open-air shelf for display at the moment.

I only started collecting figures a little under a year ago, and have a modest 7-8 mostly still in the box, but wouldn't mind taking a couple out if I can find a proper way to display them.

One with a light attachment would be nice.

Last edited by HandofFate; 2008-08-11 at 17:28. Reason: gamera!!
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 18:49   Link #1178
alamarco
Why hello there!

Nice pantie shot!

Not a bad price, considering the detail I expected $200 - $300.

On the topic of cases, does leaving figures on an open shelf ruin the figure? I have all my figures on an open shelf, out of the box. Never considered them somehow being wrecked. Is it just a problem of having to dust them or something?
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 19:04   Link #1179
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

in my opinion, it would be much stranger if they were not painted

you can get something like this, but I dont like these
http://www.containerstore.com/browse...3&PRODID=61432

grease from your fingers does more damage then leaving them open to the air. never put them in sunlight. cases are mostly to 'prevent' people from touching/breaking them and keeping dust off. I hate dust. I use that mr.swifer static thing disposable brush.
Old 2008-08-11, 20:46   Link #1180
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
Yeah, and her panties are painted too... not sure if you checked under her skirt yet.....
haha, crazy that its you that made it. Didn't expect to bump into you here (don't post here often). Excellent job on the Sabre. I talked a bit with the guy that won the Haruhi figure of yours. He was just as satified with his as I was with mine.