AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 70 44.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 32.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 10.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 7.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.91%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.64%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.27%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-05, 02:15   Link #121
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJackEvo View Post
Wait a tick... it's established that the kyojin don't have reproductive organs, but what about a digestive system? I mean, with all the humans they're eating, they have to release the stuff at some point, right?
Well, I never knew that an ***hole was part of the reproductive system, so that might be an option. Or they are like owls and regurgitate their prey.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 02:32   Link #122
Jerseykid

I wonder if you can cut the guy out of the titan's belly
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 02:54   Link #123
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So what's the official kill count? We know Thomas is Titan food, what about that other guy and the brunette?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 03:00   Link #124
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
This first four episodes of Attack on Titan really reminds me of the first two episodes of Muv Luv total eclipse.

And yes, it would be an amazing troll if Eren is a decoy protagonist.
Nah hes not dead. look, hes in the ED!
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 03:10   Link #125
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So what's the official kill count? We know Thomas is Titan food, what about that other guy and the brunette?
Thomas, Mina and like 3 other guys I think (if you include Eren, 4). Hundreds more outside of this squad of course. The couple earlier weren't part of Eren's squad, but going by the preview it looks like one of them dies.

EDIT: Their names are Nack and Hannah BTW.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-05-05 at 03:22.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 03:18   Link #126
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Whoa. The protagonist Eren dies. It's like Ga-Rei Zero again.

Whether Eren was incompetent or not, it didn't matter, none of them expected surprise attacks, jumping and fasts reflexes from the Titans.
Old 2013-05-05, 03:35   Link #127
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Blaming Eren for the situation is pretty silly. They got ambushed straight out, the front-line had already collapsed and they were surrounded by a group of titans. Anything short of an immediate retreat would have resulted in the exact same situation.

Notice that even Arwin, who was the furthest away from the action, had a titan effectively just appears next to him. They had already been surrounded.

Pretty brutal, and I'm actually quite thankful for the Censorship, I don't think I could have taken seeing Mina get chewed on. At least she was knocked unconscious, unlike those other poor bastards.
Old 2013-05-05, 04:19   Link #128
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Chomped on his very first fight. Damn. The protagonists aren’t even allowed to swag a little are they? Okay, so maybe the serum (or whatever it is) his dad injected to Eren will turn him into Piccolo? Anyway, I really enjoy this episode. I’m so glad that I choose to not read the manga first. Now, I can expect joy and surprises once a week watching this series ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolan View Post
I bet you guys were surprised by how fast the titans moved... they often seem slow but when they want to, they sure can move fast. Like when Eren was going after that one titan (that killed Thomas) and another surprised him from beneath...
Yep. And now that you mention it, that scene instantly reminds me about Godzilla’s surprise attack from beneath to the Apache chopper in 1998 Hollywood’s Godzilla movie. Both using their mouth to attack their tiny opponents from below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I'm not sure what's better:
This fantastic episode
-or-
The reaction that non-manga readers are sure to have.
Then you are welcomed to enjoy my reaction to your heart’s content. I will be anime-only watcher until this series is over just to enjoy it to the max. I'll read the manga after that (just like what I did with Zetsuen no Tempest).
Old 2013-05-05, 04:22   Link #129
Marina2

Titan can regenerate after its entire head+neck was destroyed by a canon.....but you can kill Titan by cutting the back of its neck???

Not sure how is that even make sense......
Old 2013-05-05, 04:25   Link #130
erdii

well trainees were humans. if humans were strong they wouldn't be hiding behind walls. blaming Eren for his teammates death is absurd. they are soldiers, they can't run away. they had to fight knowing they can die. even Eren wasn't exception
Old 2013-05-05, 04:29   Link #131
Gundamx

In manga they didn't follow him
Spoiler for manga pic:

But titan still attack them

anime > shounen > guts!

Last edited by Gundamx; 2013-05-05 at 04:46.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 04:47   Link #132
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

As much as I'm convinced Eren will continue to live,..

...God damn that was brutal...

I really don't want Eren to die. He's been such an awesome character and they took it up to eleven with his ability to save Armin like that. It was really sweet that he remembered such fond memories with Armin and it was pretty well done.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 05:19   Link #133
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

This show is already the runaway hit of the season, no doubt.

Attack on Titan
Railgun S
Oreimo
Gargantia
Maou sama

Oh jesus my ticker is aching.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 05:20   Link #134
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
only behind spoiler tags,don't hesitate to report the ones that aren't.
What is the point if you have to see it before you can report it? The fun was already spoilt for you. And while some use the spoiler tags, they often forget to label it. I reported one such violation in another thread, but it was not addressed, so the mods probably have their hands full as it were.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Perhaps there should be a rule saying that no manga comparisons are allowed until the subs are out?
I think the simplest courtesy is to avoid discussing anything from the manga in an anime thread. I feel that it's not too much to ask. After all, the relevant threads have already been compiled into a one-stop sub-forum.

I am especially tired of people saying that so-and-so anime scene isn't as good as the manga's equivalent, and so on. Look, as an anime-only viewer, I couldn't care less how the anime compares to the manga. I'm judging the anime on its own merits, not on how similar it is to the manga. I don't need manga readers to come in here to tell me how the manga is better. If I'm curious, I'll find out on my own, thank you very much.

In any case, an anime doesn't have to be 100 per cent faithful to its manga source to be effective. The story in either medium only needs to be faithful to its creators' vision. Learn to accept that, and if manga readers can't, they should avoid watching the anime. They're asking for pointless grief.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 05:28   Link #135
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Why do some people already assume that Eren is dead? Haven't they learned from anime? You don't have to read the manga to know that main protagonists don't simply die that early in the series nor in such an undramatic fashion. They always have some form of plot armor that keeps them alive until the story truly calls for it.
Not going to confirm anything regarding Shingeki, but your assumption is invalid as there are series where the protagonist(s) get killed very early.
Of course, not the "absolute" main character, but some series actually change the main character "position" in such way.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-05-05 at 06:36.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 05:43   Link #136
revive4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
This first four episodes of Attack on Titan really reminds me of the first two episodes of Muv Luv total eclipse.
Already author confessed that he stole from various manga, game, animes.
Especially, he stole initial setting from Muv Luv because he is Muv Luv fan.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-05-05 at 06:03. Reason: do NOT post other series spoilers like that.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 05:48   Link #137
n120cky

IMO this is the 2nd first episode, this was very intense, from my point of view this more enjoyable then reading the manga.

Now this is where our patience challenged, it's about are we going to spoil our self with manga/wiki or wait till next week. I personally won't be able to wait myself so the choice is up to you, if I may suggest let us forget about Eren dead for a week, maybe that's help, I mean his dead is only at the end of episode I think we can try to discuss many other think that happened in episode.

I do feel strange on how the capital try to kept secret about outer world, I don't think it's necessary, I mean I didn't see the benefit from it.

Talking about bad emergency protocol on wall breach for 100 year + 5 year from last breach they definitely learn nothing, why don't they build underground tunnel with many entrance scattered on the district, to get behind the wall? It's much saver and efficient then one gate system + water passage.
Old 2013-05-05, 06:03   Link #138
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Not going to confirm anything regarding Shingeki, but your assumption is invalid as there are series where the protagonist(s) get killed very early.
Of course, not the "absolute" main character, but some series actually change the main character "position" in such way.
I was referring to anime main protagonists in general. Granted there are those who actually die (even more than once) such as Goku from Dragonball and Yuusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho but they don't stay dead for very long and are revived by some plot devise. But in the case SnK it would be very anticlimactic if Eren just died from being eaten by a titan without even coming close to his goal.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 06:35   Link #139
Blaat

Titans ate all humans and they lived happily ever after. The End.

Wait what do you mean there are still twenty episodes left?
Old 2013-05-05, 06:52   Link #140
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

must.... refrain.... from.... reacting.... to.... posts.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
He might have lost a leg and an arm, but he can still cut the vulnerable neck earlier inside the titan. Heck, it might be even easier.
Next episode, new series "Fullmetal Titanhunter" starting, with protagonist with cybernetic arm and a leg, and Armin's soul perpetually trapped inside a gigantic armor titan!