AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-03, 22:54   Link #2561
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Anyone able to locate the full lyrics of Tsubasa no Komoriuta? Rodoreamon's lullaby?
Old 2007-06-04, 00:30   Link #2562
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
Anyone able to locate the full lyrics of Tsubasa no Komoriuta? Rodoreamon's lullaby?
I think they were posted to the Simoun mailing list (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Simoun). I seem to remember that we had the lyrics to the lullaby when we were doing the fansub, but not those to Shin Tenchi e no Tobira. I wish they had included a clean version of Yukana singing that on one of the OST albums....
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 00:51   Link #2563
fignae
floofer. floof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan View Post
I think they were posted to the Simoun mailing list (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Simoun). I seem to remember that we had the lyrics to the lullaby when we were doing the fansub, but not those to Shin Tenchi e no Tobira. I wish they had included a clean version of Yukana singing that on one of the OST albums....
Yes, hashihime translated the lullaby. It can still be found in the scripts folder:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Simoun...nal%20scripts/

And yeah, we'll never know what Dominura was really singing about.
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 04:18   Link #2564
Simon
気持ち悪い

Good news from 百合な日々: the Simoun net radio show is being revived on 21 June to coincide with the PS2 game release. I think it might just be a one-off episode, but I'm not sure.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 16:07   Link #2565
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Fun at work

We set up our developer machines yesterday... and since I'm the manager, I get to choose the names. :-)

Old 2007-06-09, 02:07   Link #2566
rishidan
Lackey Extraordinair

Quote:
We set up our developer machines yesterday... and since I'm the manager, I get to choose the names. :-)
Spoiler for Neviril / Messis:
That's just excellent.

Our IT department started naming our servers after Muppets years ago. After a while the number of servers exploded and pretty soon almost every character that appeared on TV had a server named after it. Management was "forced to step in" only once; apparently the couldn't spell "Snuffleupagus".
rishidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 23:22   Link #2567
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Fuuin no Ri Maajon

Amazon.co.jp won't ship me the PS2 game due to geographic restrictions. Is there some other place to legally get a copy in North America? And will the thing run on my PS2, or will I need to buy a separate Japanese-localized one?
Old 2007-06-13, 00:41   Link #2568
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
Amazon.co.jp won't ship me the PS2 game due to geographic restrictions. Is there some other place to legally get a copy in North America? And will the thing run on my PS2, or will I need to buy a separate Japanese-localized one?
PS2s are region-crippled by default, so no, it probably wouldn't play. However, mod-chips are widely and cheaply available almost everywhere, so overcoming that shouldn't be much of a problem.
oneplusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 00:43   Link #2569
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplusme View Post
PS2s are region-crippled by default, so no, it probably wouldn't play. However, mod-chips are widely and cheaply available almost everywhere, so overcoming that shouldn't be much of a problem.
I've heard there's a way to do accommodate that without the risk of a mod chip, but I forget the details. I think it's something to do with a memory card-type thing.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 14:57   Link #2570
rishidan
Lackey Extraordinair

Quote:
There's a site that Simon introduced me to called Celga which purchases items for you then charge a small fee for the service and shipping it to you. Their FAQ has all the details.

OnePlusMe is right, NA's PS2's are crippled but if you google "PS2 Mods", you'll find various sites which have 'work arounds' such as disk-swapping to fool the machine.

Be advised that while this method is not invasive and doesn't require you to solder it's also not endorsed by the manufacturer.
Old 2007-06-13, 19:03   Link #2571
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Wow! Simoun is licensed? I'm suprised. By who?

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 19:04   Link #2572
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Media Blasters got it.

Also, this page is your friend.
Old 2007-06-13, 19:06   Link #2573
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Media Blasters got it.

Also, this page is your friend.
Aha. Sorry. I forgot to check there.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 19:43   Link #2574
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Looks like Famitsu have rate the PS2 Game...
- Simoun : Shoubi Sensou - Fuuin no Remersion (PS2, Marvelous) : 5 / 5 / 5 / 4 - (19/40)

But i think it's Famitsu rating after all...
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 20:09   Link #2575
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
Looks like Famitsu have rate the PS2 Game...
- Simoun : Shoubi Sensou - Fuuin no Remersion (PS2, Marvelous) : 5 / 5 / 5 / 4 - (19/40)

But i think it's Famitsu rating after all...
That's a pretty iffy rating. Do they have a prejudice against anime games, or is the game genuinely bad?
Old 2007-06-13, 20:11   Link #2576
rishidan
Lackey Extraordinair

I wonder if Rodoereamon's stuffed "creature" was filled with this...

Appropriately labeled too, tho you do have to wonder how to properly apply that last line of text.
Old 2007-06-14, 14:11   Link #2577
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
That's a pretty iffy rating. Do they have a prejudice against anime games, or is the game genuinely bad?
I think they are judging about the S.RPG system more than the story himself :/
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 22:58   Link #2578
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Amazon.co.jp won't ship me the PS2 game due to geographic restrictions. Is there some other place to legally get a copy in North America?
As Rish mentioned, I'm going through Celga to get a copy from Animate - but that's because I'm obsessive about getting all the first-pressing bonus goodies that will disappear over time. If you just want the game itself, places like Play-Asia may work out cheaper.

Quote:
And will the thing run on my PS2, or will I need to buy a separate Japanese-localized one?
Since I don't have a PS2, my cunning plan is to import a Japanese PS3 - not only will it let me play Japanese PS2 games (assuming the backwards compatibility is sufficient), it'll also serve as a Region A Blu-ray player. That's less of an issue if you're in North America, but for us poor schmucks in Region B it's a big win.

Another motivation for the PS3 is that I can run Linux on it and tinker with Cell programming. Yeah, I'm a nerd
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 12:23   Link #2579
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

When posters acquire copies of the PS2 game; can they provide mini-reviews or commentary about their purchase? I might be buying a copy for myself and it would be interesting to see what other opinions are.
Wosho128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 14:22   Link #2580
m000m000

Quote:
I have a copy on preorder at YesAsia, but Play Asia also seems to stock it.

As for playing, you'll probably need either a JP PS2, or a chip-moded US/Euro version, or some other region-bypass (top-loading tray, whatever) hacked PS2 to play the thing.

...I'm still sort of half-expecting them to announce tomorrow that the game will be delayed for another six months ;-P
m000m000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri