AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-04-23, 02:07   Link #16381
TobiBadass6969

Question, is Volume 15 and 16 translated yet?
TobiBadass6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 04:52   Link #16382
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiBadass6969 View Post
Question, is Volume 15 and 16 translated yet?
Short Answer: No.

Volume 15 is 3/5 of the way there, and Volume 16's prologue has been translated, but neither are done fully, and I believe the only translator is currently bogged down with personal stuff (like university) and so can't really make much progress on V15 at the moment.

We know what happens in both, though.
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 05:01   Link #16383
TobiBadass6969

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Short Answer: No.

Volume 15 is 3/5 of the way there, and Volume 16's prologue has been translated, but neither are done fully, and I believe the only translator is currently bogged down with personal stuff (like university) and so can't really make much progress on V15 at the moment.

We know what happens in both, though.
Any idea where I can read those at the very least?

Also, now there are 10 spirits.......do you think there are more?
Old 2017-04-23, 05:16   Link #16384
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Any idea where I can read those at the very least?

Also, now there are 10 spirits.......do you think there are more?
No, there can't be.
The Spirits are based on the Tree of Life, remember? There are only Ten spots, plus one more - which is either Mio, Reine, or Shido...and it could represent all of them (especially if Mio and Reine are one and the same).
Not to mention - as if the above isn't enough - Westcott refers to Shidou sealing Kurumi as him 'acquiring the final Angel'. So...yeah.
Old 2017-04-23, 06:06   Link #16385
JonasDown!

Quote:
No, there can't be.
The Spirits are based on the Tree of Life, remember? There are only Ten spots, plus one more - which is either Mio, Reine, or Shido...and it could represent all of them (especially if Mio and Reine are one and the same).
Not to mention - as if the above isn't enough - Westcott refers to Shidou sealing Kurumi as him 'acquiring the final Angel'. So...yeah.
Yeah, he'll most likely become Da'at. I was reading this text about Da'at's angel: Ekenor and there was this part that stood out if you ask me.

Here's the extract:

Spoiler for Ekenor:
JonasDown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 06:19   Link #16386
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Daath's angel, according to the scheme Tachibana is using, is Uriel, however (unless he abruptly changes schemes for some reason, that is).

It's like the Micheal <> Raphael situation - different groups place different Angels in different places.

He's using the Japanese Kabbalistic scheme, for reference as seen here: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%94...81%AE%E6%A8%B9
Old 2017-04-23, 22:08   Link #16387
Rimbo99

I kinda wished they studio continue Date A Live Anime. Strike the Blood got a second season. Sort of, Why not this one?
Rimbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 22:43   Link #16388
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well, it did. We want a third season.

And more.
Old 2017-04-23, 22:48   Link #16389
TobiBadass6969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Well, it did. We want a third season.

And more.
More? It should get an action RPG that somehow crosses into Hyperdimension Neptunia and Neptune realises he's a Harem MC and that his existence will assimilate the Goddesses and their little sisters

Also, just saw the Date A Bullet illustrations, are those girls Spirits or Wizards? And somehow I think Kurumi's departing into her own series fully and of a different genre than the harem genre. Magical Girl genre maybe? (I count series like Symphogear Magical Girl series even if they're not called Magical Girls they count)

Last edited by TobiBadass6969; 2017-04-24 at 09:36.
Old 2017-04-24, 10:01   Link #16390
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius

Quote:
More? It should get an action RPG that somehow crosses into Hyperdimension Neptunia and Neptune realises he's a Harem MC and that his existence will assimilate the Goddesses and their little sisters
That would probably beat the point of the VNs and the "self-insert man" from the drama CDs. A fighting game, on the other hand, as stupid as it sounds, is an interesting prospect.

Quote:
Also, just saw the Date A Bullet illustrations, are those girls Spirits or Wizards? And somehow I think Kurumi's departing into her own series fully and of a different genre than the harem genre. Magical Girl genre maybe? (I count series like Symphogear Magical Girl series even if they're not called Magical Girls they count)
Those girls are Quasi-Spirits. I don't even know what that means, but the main plot of Kurumi's spin-off is that it's a Battle Royale kind of story, so every single one of those girls is probably dead at this point. I could be wrong you know. I haven't read that stuff.

Pick whatever link, it doesn't matter. It's the same story.
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-24, 10:37   Link #16391
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:

Date A Bullet isn't a series for Kurumi, it's a single story (the first, obviously) in the Date A Live Fragment series, which could be for Kurumi alone, but by the sound of the name, it's likely more of a general heading for any story Tachibana wants to tell that isn't necessary to the main plot, but is more in-depth than a short story.

And yes, they're Spirits - or rather, Quasi-Spirits (Spirits with only a fragment of a Sephirah within them, rather than the real deal). And, as LeWLWuT says above, Date A Bullet is a battle royale-style story, so I'm fairly certain they're all dead.
And to briefly go into Empty, she's the real Kurumi. You see, a Quasi-Spirit called Hibiki wants revenge on the orchestrator of the Battle Royale for killing her friend, and so she uses her Angel (a fragment of Haniel) to steal Kurumi's memories, powers and identity, transforming her into Kurumi - the Kurumi we follow throughout Date A Bullet.
The real Kurumi is left...well, Empty, hence the moniker. I believe it's implied (stated outright even, maybe) that Kurumi's appearance as Empty is what Hibiki actually looks like (so Hibiki's Angel is, essentially, a body-swap/powers-and-memory-jack all in one).
I'm fairly certain Hibiki survives, but loses her powers (which is the case for the others, if they survive) - and since Date A Bullet is a prequel (that explicitly takes place before Kotori becomes a Spirit, as Kurumi doesn't know who Shido is yet (kind of. She's in love with him already, because in the past, she almost succumbed to despair, and used her future-sight-giving Fifth Bullet to see her future...of Shidou professing that he loves her and that he'll never leave her, blah blah...it's implied to be in when he finally really seals her in Volume 17.)), they'd all be adults by the present day.

So not only is DAB not a Kurumi-series, but one story in a general DAL spin-off series, but the 'Kurumi' in it isn't even really Kurumi XD
Old 2017-04-25, 13:40   Link #16392
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius

Quote:
The real Kurumi is left...well, Empty, hence the moniker. I believe it's implied (stated outright even, maybe) that Kurumi's appearance as Empty is what Hibiki actually looks like (so Hibiki's Angel is, essentially, a body-swap/powers-and-memory-jack all in one).
Say what?

Man, and the Phantom Pain twist that the other guy Fenris proposed was good, too. And by that, I mean no body-swapping was involved at all, like Empty is just a whitewashed Kurumi and Hibiki just got most of Nightmare's AstralDress. Damn shame.

Pick whatever link, it doesn't matter. It's the same story.
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-26, 06:51   Link #16393
tuckersister

If Hibiki vs Kurumi happens in the next main volume, then things will get interesting (thou the fight would be a diversion). I'm interested in seeing how Hibiki will fight Inverse Kurumi if it happens.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-26, 07:40   Link #16394
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
If Hibiki vs Kurumi happens in the next main volume, then things will get interesting (thou the fight would be a diversion). I'm interested in seeing how Hibiki will fight Inverse Kurumi if it happens.
Hibiki doesn't have powers anymore, if she's even alive. I've said this several times. If she is alive - she's in her twenties-thirties.
Old 2017-04-26, 11:52   Link #16395
tuckersister

She is still smart and knows a lot about Kurumi personally.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-26, 12:28   Link #16396
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
She is still smart and knows a lot about Kurumi personally.
Yes, but she doesn't have any powers, and we have no reason to believe that she is a Wizard, either. So there wouldn't be any kind of 'fight' between them.
The whole point of V17 is Shidou finally sealing Kurumi, so there is no point in Hibiki appearing. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Kurumi's memories of the events of DAB were to come up.
Besides, with the reveal regarding Reine being Phantom and, realistically, Kurumi's Inversion, there wouldn't be enough time to deal with the fallout and have Shidou seal her - not to mention Westcott heavily implied that 'something' would happen when Shidou seals the last Angel (Tzaphkiel) - so there's that (likely cliffhanger) to deal with as well.
Old 2017-04-26, 18:22   Link #16397
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen

Quote:
Yes, but she doesn't have any powers, and we have no reason to believe that she is a Wizard, either. So there wouldn't be any kind of 'fight' between them.
The whole point of V17 is Shidou finally sealing Kurumi, so there is no point in Hibiki appearing. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Kurumi's memories of the events of DAB were to come up.
Besides, with the reveal regarding Reine being Phantom and, realistically, Kurumi's Inversion, there wouldn't be enough time to deal with the fallout and have Shidou seal her - not to mention Westcott heavily implied that 'something' would happen when Shidou seals the last Angel (Tzaphkiel) - so there's that (likely cliffhanger) to deal with as well.
I wonder what that something will be? Westcott did mention that sealing all of the Spirits would make Shido the 'key' IIRC.

The question is what is this the key too? It might just be the Spirit dimension, or rather something in the dimension that Westcott wants access to. What if there's something there that's even more powerful even the First Spirit? FOr all we know, Mio could be a minor being in the Spirit Dimension.

And if she is, that makes whatever exceeds her even more terrifying if Westcott gets his hands on it and then finds a way to successfully control it to his will. Beelzebub may just be the preview.
Old 2017-04-26, 21:41   Link #16398
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-Oppai-Lover View Post
I wonder what that something will be? Westcott did mention that sealing all of the Spirits would make Shido the 'key' IIRC.

The question is what is this the key too? It might just be the Spirit dimension, or rather something in the dimension that Westcott wants access to. What if there's something there that's even more powerful even the First Spirit? FOr all we know, Mio could be a minor being in the Spirit Dimension.

And if she is, that makes whatever exceeds her even more terrifying if Westcott gets his hands on it and then finds a way to successfully control it to his will. Beelzebub may just be the preview.
The key to Mio's powers, I'd assume, considering that they were split into the Sephirah to begin with.
And given how much she's been hyped/how many 'we're at the climax' flags have been raised, I highly doubt Mio's just an average being from that world - there wouldn't be time to introduce and develop another large threat at this stage.
Old 2017-04-27, 01:45   Link #16399
DragonXX

Quote:
The key to Mio's powers, I'd assume, considering that they were split into the Sephirah to begin with.
And given how much she's been hyped/how many 'we're at the climax' flags have been raised, I highly doubt Mio's just an average being from that world - there wouldn't be time to introduce and develop another large threat at this stage.
Maybe the Crowley of the Date a Live world will be Shido and Mana father and Woodman was just someone who was in love which the First Spirit. The real life Crowley was the one who ended up causing The Golden Dawn to broke apart like it is in the Date A Live World or what you can call the Golden Dawn in this world which would be the form of DEM Industries and Ratatoskr before they broke into the two after what ever happen 30 years ago. If people are right about there only being 22 volumes for this series then one or two of these book could tell us what happen 30 years ago.

Also who here think that the Final Arc would most likey be 3 books.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-27, 04:01   Link #16400
Kouta6659
Path To The Goddess

Quote:
Date A Bullet isn't a series for Kurumi, it's a single story (the first, obviously) in the Date A Live Fragment series, which could be for Kurumi alone, but by the sound of the name, it's likely more of a general heading for any story Tachibana wants to tell that isn't necessary to the main plot, but is more in-depth than a short story.

And yes, they're Spirits - or rather, Quasi-Spirits (Spirits with only a fragment of a Sephirah within them, rather than the real deal). And, as LeWLWuT says above, Date A Bullet is a battle royale-style story, so I'm fairly certain they're all dead.
And to briefly go into Empty, she's the real Kurumi. You see, a Quasi-Spirit called Hibiki wants revenge on the orchestrator of the Battle Royale for killing her friend, and so she uses her Angel (a fragment of Haniel) to steal Kurumi's memories, powers and identity, transforming her into Kurumi - the Kurumi we follow throughout Date A Bullet.
I'm fairly certain Hibiki survives, but loses her powers (which is the case for the others, if they survive) - and since Date A Bullet is a prequel (that explicitly takes place before Kotori becomes a Spirit, as Kurumi doesn't know who Shido is yet (kind of. She's in love with him already, because in the past, she almost succumbed to despair, and used her future-sight-giving Fifth Bullet to see her future...of Shidou professing that he loves her and that he'll never leave her, blah blah...it's implied to be in when he finally really seals her in Volume 17.)), they'd all be adults by the present day.

So not only is DAB not a Kurumi-series, but one story in a general DAL spin-off series, but the 'Kurumi' in it isn't even really Kurumi XD
Just wanted to clarify on a couple things. When you say Hibiki transforms into "Kurumi" (with memories, powers and identity) is this a literal body-swap or a exchange of appearances with them keeping their original bodies? Then when you say If Hibiki survives and loses her powers, are you meaning the REAL Kurumi as Empty or Hibiki with the appearance of "Kurumi"?

Also I might have missed it a couple pages ago but where in the novel does it have Hibiki going after REAL Kurumi and why was she her person of interest?
Spoiler:
I gotta say I'm looking at this whole Hibiki and Kurumi body-swapping scenario similar to what Rogue did to Ms. Marvel from X-Men the cartoon on fox in the 90s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-Oppai-Lover View Post

It would be funny and awesome if Shido cockblocked Westcott and got that power himself thus ruining his master plan, that would such a field day. Or when the final battle happens between them, Shido as Da'at with his overdrive persona vs Westcott's final form.
Kouta6659 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy