AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 17 26.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 12.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 9.52%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-04, 07:09   Link #41
Bombo
TSF Fans

Well done Chiyu .
Old 2012-08-04, 08:12   Link #42
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I loved the episode, it was really well done and the fighting was really good...as for the ending...well even though I was expecting it, this was still my reaction

And from the looks of it, next episode we'll be getting mostly KYH action. While I love KYH and am pleased to see much more of her next week...I just want the rage plot to be over as quickly as possible. You just know that next week will be.

- Rage inducing ending of battle;
- Rage inducing bad guy gloating/Chiyu showing her backstabbing whore face;
- Haru angst;
- KYH at the beach;
- KYH fighting;
- More KYH;
- Rage inducing/Angsty final moments of the episode.
Old 2012-08-04, 08:17   Link #43
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post
-Very Reki-style fight
-Cheesy lines lololol
-Predicted the ending from the beginning
Riiiight. And then you flew to heaven and punched out god. *lol*

I laugh at whoever pretends that he wasn't spoiled and foresaw that final turn. It goes so entirely against the typical shounen fighting drama arc that it's almost impressive. Doesn't make it any less rageworthy. Ugh.

On the plus side: Welcome back, KYH. Missed you MUCH.
Old 2012-08-04, 08:36   Link #44
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

True. It's good to have something like this at times to show the usual determination and friendship power is not enough for certain situations. However, it doesn't really lessen the rage knowing that.
Old 2012-08-04, 08:47   Link #45
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
Snip
I advise that you remove that spoilered part about this arc.
Old 2012-08-04, 08:49   Link #46
vampko

I wasn't at all surprised at what Chiyu did. In case everyone forgot, she kind of is under blackmail IRL.

And, Killer moves are supposed to kill. The guy was pretty much at zero hp before that hit him, and he's okay after a killer move to the face?

Gotta love the logic of this show -_-
Old 2012-08-04, 09:03   Link #47
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
She has her reasons to do that.
I think Taku did not show any reaction when she defects to Nomi?

^
Who start first?
She may have a plan, I'm open to that as long as the payoff is worth it. Sorry, if I was raging at her character, it's just when I saw that it frustrated me. Should have known Nomi wouldn't be beaten that easily. Writers sometime like to keep annoying villians like him around for a while.
Old 2012-08-04, 09:19   Link #48
vampko

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
She may have a plan, I'm open to that as long as the payoff is worth it. Sorry, if I was raging at her character, it's just when I saw that it frustrated me. Should have known Nomi wouldn't be beaten that easily. Writers sometime like to keep annoying villians like him around for a while.
She is being blackmailed by Noumi. She doesn't have any elaborate plan or anything. She's just worried that Haru will get expelled if she doesn't listen to him. This was all explained in a couple episodes back, why is everyone forgetting this?
Old 2012-08-04, 09:27   Link #49
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

*isn't sorry about hating on Chiyu*
A backstab is a backstab...regardless of what reasons they have for doing it.

Once the backstab is inevitably explained and she goes back to Haru and Taku's side (come on...you know it'll happen eventually) the hate will probably lessen but since I have no tolerance for traitors...the hate will never disappear completely.

Ah well, still have my KYH and SR so I'm good.
Old 2012-08-04, 10:03   Link #50
Zefris

This anime makes me unhappy... (lately...) ;(
Old 2012-08-04, 10:59   Link #51
steven3242

i can only hope the betrayal is worth with the reason later, if the reason is because of stupid "panty" shot than i dont know what to say
Old 2012-08-04, 11:33   Link #52
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampko View Post
She is being blackmailed by Noumi. She doesn't have any elaborate plan or anything. She's just worried that Haru will get expelled if she doesn't listen to him. This was all explained in a couple episodes back, why is everyone forgetting this?
Ok, that is true. But why not go to the principle about it?
Old 2012-08-04, 12:52   Link #53
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
. It goes so entirely against the typical shounen fighting drama arc that it's almost impressive.
Except this is not your typical shounen fighting anime, at all. Considering the source. So why would one have such an expectation?
Old 2012-08-04, 13:35   Link #54
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Here's a photoshop I requested as a tribute to this episode.

It's based off of this screenshot here (which fittingly is a bit of a troll-face itself ).
Old 2012-08-04, 14:07   Link #55
Burden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Riiiight. And then you flew to heaven and punched out god. *lol*

I laugh at whoever pretends that he wasn't spoiled and foresaw that final turn. It goes so entirely against the typical shounen fighting drama arc that it's almost impressive. Doesn't make it any less rageworthy. Ugh.

On the plus side: Welcome back, KYH. Missed you MUCH.
Paying attention to the characters makes for a predictable outcome. And... this author doesn't write in "shounen" style. Only the fights are. SAO and AW are FAR from a "typical shounen drama".

That said, simply looking at her expression at the start of the episode made it fairly obvious she'd play a part at towards the end.
Old 2012-08-04, 14:10   Link #56
Awrya
U mad?

@Triple_R That picture fits perfectly for this episode

To move on a bit from Chiyu, notice how the view of the video call KYH made is in 3rd person? I doubt your own neuro linker is capable of recording yourself. did she ask someone to help her record it?

Haru asked for some pictures, she misunderstood it for food pictures, but apparently KYH's friend guessed what Haru actually wanted to see
Old 2012-08-04, 14:15   Link #57
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Here's a photoshop I requested as a tribute to this episode.

It's based off of this screenshot here (which fittingly is a bit of a troll-face itself ).
I was thinking something more like this

They betray me, they didn't keep the promise, they trick me and I don't cow anymow! You ah Tearing me APART Chiyu!
Old 2012-08-04, 14:45   Link #58
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
Except this is not your typical shounen fighting anime, at all. Considering the source. So why would one have such an expectation?
Accel World is absolutely in the shounen fighting genre. No idea what makes you think otherwise. Pulling the about-face at the end, saving the villain who had finally been overcome by training and friendship, was pretty surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post
That said, simply looking at her expression at the start of the episode made it fairly obvious she'd play a part at towards the end.
What a pretender

So due to your "paying attention" earlier on, you managed to conclude from "simply watching Chiu's expression at the start at the episode" that she would save the villain at the end by healing him?

You're great, kiddo, really! *lol*
Old 2012-08-04, 14:45   Link #59
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

You know who Nomi reminds me of? That buck tooth'd twat from Kenichi.

Didn't like him none ethar.
Old 2012-08-04, 15:37   Link #60
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
To move on a bit from Chiyu, notice how the view of the video call KYH made is in 3rd person? I doubt your own neuro linker is capable of recording yourself. did she ask someone to help her record it?

Haru asked for some pictures, she misunderstood it for food pictures, but apparently KYH's friend guessed what Haru actually wanted to see
She probably put up a camera or something.
Or maybe when her friends heard about it they offered to film her...since unlike her, they realized that what Haru wanted to see wasn't freaking food!
Closed Thread