AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-12, 08:55   Link #21
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Why should watching the fansubs cool your interest in buying the dvd's? I watch fansubs and still buy the DVD's of the series I like most. ONly if a series is really bad do I not buy a series on DVD.
Old 2004-09-12, 11:38   Link #22
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Why should watching the fansubs cool your interest in buying the dvd's? I watch fansubs and still buy the DVD's of the series I like most. ONly if a series is really bad do I not buy a series on DVD.
Hmm... is an easy question... one word explain it all.
"Spoiler"

There's not much fun there when you've already watch it and rebuy its DVD again for the sake of the series... besides, due to my Country Policy... Import DVD is very expansive... the Taxes is way to expansive to handle by some poor anime lover here... thats why is hard for the anime industry in my country to grow fast...
Only a few people knows about it... >_< how sad~

If i were to buy it in such a high price and that i couldn't enjoy it to the fullest then it'll be just a waste of money >_< might as well don't watch it till i buy it... well... maybe a couple of the episodes won't do much harm but sometimes is hard to resist it once you start... and sometimes you finish the entire series without noticing it that you're looking forward to own its DVD, and end up... losing interest in buying it... >_<

I believe some people might experience the same situation like me before...sigh~
Old 2004-09-13, 00:15   Link #23
Ayanami9870
ANBU Editor/QC
*Fansubber

Cool

This is Ayanami9870, head editor of Anime-Influx.

Regarding Mamotte Shugogetten, we have successfully obatined all the raws for this very old series (1999). Translation is going well and you will see our work continue to pour through to the end of this show. My leader, Kaizuri, is placing greater priority upon this project due to its scarcity in the anime community. Frankly it is not my favorite project to date, but as an old school anime fan, I'm motivated to continue fullfilling my love for anime, by contributing an anime series from the good old days (before a sharp downturn in Japan's recession drastically affected the quality and quantity of the anime industry for the worse).

The OAV will not be translated by us. It has already been done by Miyuki no Tamari (MnT), formerly Miyuki-Fansubs. You may find information on them in the animesuki database as well.

I have great faith that the team's dedication towards this classic will pay off and enrich your love for anime in the sincere way it has for all of us at Influx.

P.S for those asking us about Hunter X Hunter TV, our progress on that project has been delayed significantly as LunarAnime had fired the encoder for HxH and broke the joint from us. We are currently looking for fansubbers of any kind to help out the current remaining staff on HxH TV. If you can provide your skills or resources to us, email Kaizuri at animeinflux@hotmail.com <----- the dummy account which everyone spams
Old 2004-09-13, 09:21   Link #24
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
My leader, Kaizuri, is placing greater priority
No offence to you guys, but I just cracked up laughing when I read that. I got this picture of a bunch of martians running around saying "Take me to your leader!" for some odd reason.
Old 2004-09-13, 09:22   Link #25
Perdita
Onii-sama daisuki!

Well....

I'll say this. I'm not about to let all those translations go to waste. We will finish this series, in some way or another.

- Perdita

(P.S. I'm not Kaizuri, and he's not a Martian)
(P.S.S. I have proposed that Influx do the OVA as well, but that is contingent on our finishing the TV series)
Old 2004-09-13, 13:40   Link #26
Hoshino Hikari
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanami9870

Regarding Mamotte Shugogetten, we have successfully obatined all the raws for this very old series (1999). Translation is going well and you will see our work continue to pour through to the end of this show. My leader, Kaizuri, is placing greater priority upon this project due to its scarcity in the anime community. Frankly it is not my favorite project to date, but as an old school anime fan, I'm motivated to continue fullfilling my love for anime, by contributing an anime series from the good old days (before a sharp downturn in Japan's recession drastically affected the quality and quantity of the anime industry for the worse).

The OAV will not be translated by us. It has already been done by Miyuki no Tamari (MnT), formerly Miyuki-Fansubs. You may find information on them in the animesuki database as well.

I have great faith that the team's dedication towards this classic will pay off and enrich your love for anime in the sincere way it has for all of us at Influx.

P.S for those asking us about Hunter X Hunter TV, our progress on that project has been delayed significantly as LunarAnime had fired the encoder for HxH and broke the joint from us. We are currently looking for fansubbers of any kind to help out the current remaining staff on HxH TV. If you can provide your skills or resources to us, email Kaizuri at animeinflux@hotmail.com <----- the dummy account which everyone spams

OMG That's great!!! You guys are really going to finish subbing the series! I am sooo happy! ^___^ Thank yoooouuuu~!!!!
Old 2004-09-13, 17:16   Link #27
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
good serie=)
Old 2004-09-22, 21:53   Link #28
Perdita
Onii-sama daisuki!

Enjoy, guys.

For those who have been waiting for episode 4 by someone, here you go. Enjoy.

Oh, and be sure to pick up after yourself.

- Perdita
Old 2004-09-22, 23:23   Link #29
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Talk about fast release schedule! Thanks
________
Suzuki cervo history

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 12:05.
Old 2004-09-23, 14:07   Link #30
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Thanks for picking up this series. Now that is two series by A-Influx that I am enjoying greatly, the other being Super Doll Licca-Chan.
Old 2004-09-23, 19:24   Link #31
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:

I am very happy your group is doing this fine anime. But please :P 5 years is not "very old".
Old 2004-09-23, 22:56   Link #32
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
I am very happy your group is doing this fine anime. But please :P 5 years is not "very old".
Agreed.
Slightly off topic a bit:
FYI Gaogaigar was out in 1997, I personally don't call it old.
Every anime are new, in terms of it concept.
Old 2004-09-24, 02:54   Link #33
Ayanami9870
ANBU Editor/QC
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
Well, that is nice to know indeed.

I often think animesuki leechers and forum members live in a very self-centered and jaded perspective about fansubbing. Usually I post here with the presumption that most average leechers here don't give a damn, think we owe them free lunch, and feel that anything last season is "outdated." Perhaps there are some people here who have followed anime for a long time and think otherwise after all.

We wanted to give each episode as much distro service as possible, so we rationed out the releases accordingly one per day, rather than bust a bunch and disappear for a long time. We've come out of the gate at a good pace and that's valuable momentum for the rest of us. The other episodes will come out (not daily, but) at a somewhat regular interval from here on. As I speak, we're working on episode 6.
Old 2004-09-24, 03:58   Link #34
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Well, that is nice to know indeed.

I often think animesuki leechers and forum members live in a very self-centered and jaded perspective about fansubbing. Usually I post here with the presumption that most average leechers here don't give a damn, think we owe them free lunch, and feel that anything last season is "outdated." Perhaps there are some people here who have followed anime for a long time and think otherwise after all.

We wanted to give each episode as much distro service as possible, so we rationed out the releases accordingly one per day, rather than bust a bunch and disappear for a long time. We've come out of the gate at a good pace and that's valuable momentum for the rest of us. The other episodes will come out (not daily, but) at a somewhat regular interval from here on. As I speak, we're working on episode 6.

I had some older fansubs of this series but I can't remember what I did with them. Your work so far is amazing. The translation,encoding,editing all of it. And I just love that main song

Anyway I thank you. And now I go to watch ep5
Old 2004-09-24, 08:50   Link #35
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Hiyas,

I just finished dowloading all 5 current episodes and was hooked from the start. Watched episode one, stopped it while i made a coffee, come back and 3 of the 5 episodes are unwatchable. Its like huge blocks cover the screen and you cant see whats happening and barely make out the subs

Im fairly new to Anime and Fansubbing, and a mate of mine said i might need some codecs or something, or a different player. I had a similar problem with another series i was given, and had to install some new stuff into media player 9, do i have to do that again? If so what are they, and where can i get them?

Ive tried downloading the episodes again, 3 times, but its still the same. Some advice please.

Many thanks in advance
Tal
Old 2004-09-24, 10:04   Link #36
Perdita
Onii-sama daisuki!

Which episodes are blocking up?

Could you show me a screenshot of the blocking up effect?

- Perdita
Old 2004-09-24, 10:25   Link #37
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdita
Which episodes are blocking up?

Could you show me a screenshot of the blocking up effect?

- Perdita
Sorry to be a pain, but how do i take a screen shot, i thought it was a case of pressing the PrtScr button, and it would save to my desktop, but nothing happened, and i looked in the normal places. Me and computers dont get on very well hehe

Edit:

i downloaded a screen catcher program from the web, took the screen shot, but all it gives me is a black screen:

As you can see. What am i doing wrong?

Also i just upgraded to Media Player 10, but its still the same, ive unstalled the codec thing and reinstalled it, and its still the same. Also the same in Win Amp and Media Player Clasic, which also loses the subtitles for some reason.

Episodes effected are 2,3 and 5. 5 being the worst, which is is just a mass of blured images. Ill keep trying to get a screen shot.

Last edited by Tiamat's Disciple; 2004-09-24 at 11:06.
Old 2004-09-24, 12:43   Link #38
Perdita
Onii-sama daisuki!

Try using the ffdshow DirectShow filters (ffdshow.sourceforge.net), which is what I use for playback of anything recent these days.

I suspect that I'm using encoding settings that are different than what Ayanami uses (he encoded episode 4, I encoded 2, 3, and 5), and it's wrecking havoc on some people. I'll have to look into that.

- Perdita

P.S. I think someone posted something in these forums a long while back on how to take screenshots from video. I usually would do them from VirtualDub, but not everyone likes fighting VirtualDub....
Old 2004-09-24, 13:01   Link #39
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdita
Try using the ffdshow DirectShow filters (ffdshow.sourceforge.net), which is what I use for playback of anything recent these days.

I suspect that I'm using encoding settings that are different than what Ayanami uses (he encoded episode 4, I encoded 2, 3, and 5), and it's wrecking havoc on some people. I'll have to look into that.

- Perdita

P.S. I think someone posted something in these forums a long while back on how to take screenshots from video. I usually would do them from VirtualDub, but not everyone likes fighting VirtualDub....

im already running ffdshow, its one of the codecs i was given, along with acsound. Ill try looking for the screen shot guide and post it later.

Will there be another version of episodes 2,3 and 5? Since if there are plans to release another version ill wait for that. I've only had a computer for the past month and i dont like messing around with it to much untill i learn more about them.

I i cant watch anything in ffdshow, all i get is a configuration window, have i got the wrong thing?
Old 2004-09-24, 18:11   Link #40
Perdita
Onii-sama daisuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
im already running ffdshow, its one of the codecs i was given, along with acsound. Ill try looking for the screen shot guide and post it later.

Will there be another version of episodes 2,3 and 5? Since if there are plans to release another version ill wait for that. I've only had a computer for the past month and i dont like messing around with it to much untill i learn more about them.

I i cant watch anything in ffdshow, all i get is a configuration window, have i got the wrong thing?
Get the newest version of ffdshow from the website and install it. Set it up so that the decoder uses libavcodec for playback of XViD. Then, restart your player.

- Perdita
Closed Thread