AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-17, 21:29   Link #8061
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

Went on a cooking binge, anything I missed?
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 21:31   Link #8062
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Houki's already different and Cecilia is nicer as seen by chapter 2 and 3. I have no idea with Rin though, I know why she's so clingy but I don't know to deconstruct her Yandere tendencies
De-constructing Yanderes isn't that hard, making them sympathetic on the other hand...

I rewrite much of earlier part of chapter 7 several times because my take on Rin's violence and general assholishness made it look like a character bashing (while my intention is contrast, I want to made her shine), hence the final form where I made her basically the victim of loneliness and insecurities.

@ Rain you just missed one page, not much.
Old 2011-11-17, 21:42   Link #8063
Eratas123

@ Rain - Asked you how I can deconstruct slapstick for Kyuukai and if you're okay with Akira colosally fucking up and killing their only lead for the bomb sites.

@ Zero - I still remember the shoujo discussion, what I need is a reason for her to be less violent (Houki's was because of the realization that Ichika's seriously getting hurt)
Old 2011-11-17, 21:45   Link #8064
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Define deconstruct.

Depends on why Akira kills the guy. Say, if the guy raises a weapon and Akira shoots him, that could happen. He's not the kind of guy to shoot someone running away in the back.
Old 2011-11-17, 21:48   Link #8065
Eratas123

@ Rain - As in actually show some damage. I want to avoid the protags being punching bags for the girls so I'm either toning it down (Ichika) or making them hit back (Irish)

Akira - Michael is frantic and keeps demanding that he let them through. He has a gun so they assume he's threatening them. In truth, he wants to get out to disable the bombs but doesn't think FRACTURE will let him so he panicks and gets shot.
Old 2011-11-17, 21:48   Link #8066
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthernalRain View Post
@ Eratas: Define deconstruct.
It's a trope, I gave you some example

Straight Trope: "Ichika getting mauled by Houki because of supposed perversion and refused to apologize when Ichika called her out of it" (Reader laughed off their ass)

Deconstruction: "Ichika getting mauled by Houki and lose his consciousness, as well as various bruises in his body, and he wasn't being pervert by choice, and Houki feel horrible about it" (Reader winced out)

EDIT: Sorry to interfere.
Old 2011-11-17, 21:55   Link #8067
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: It would have more impact for him to be shot by an IS pilot. What better way to die than be killed by the one thing you hated the most... Anyway, that was sarcastic. But it would be more impacting, and Irish would have yet another reason to hate FRACTURE and/or the IS.

Also, he's not invulnerable. His "invinicibility", or in better terms, ability to not to get seriously hurt, is due to experience.

He trained in conditions that built up his endurance, and spent about a year waking up just to have some one beat a fighting lesson into him. So physical, human on human damage wouldn't work as much.

But then again, he gets careless every so often. He could be injured while working on his projects, or when he's engineering an IS or other technology. Or say when he gets hit by one of the girls during an accident like Ichika does, except he goes back into soldier mode and fights back like Irish before realizing what he's doing.

While he's tickling Laura to get a ruse out of her, she could subconciously stab him near the vitals with her combat knife like could have done to Tatenashi.

Something like that.

@ Zero: Thanks for the clarification.
Old 2011-11-17, 22:01   Link #8068
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

There's also Reconstruction, basically what if you use straight trope with elements of deconstruction for added quality and broader appeal.

Reconstruction: "Houki mauled Ichika for his supposed perversion, Ichika called her out of it, she snap and apologizes but back to Tsundere mood saying it's Ichika's fault as well"

In terms of cynism/ seriousness, Straight < Reconstruction < Deconstruction

@Eratas

I remember about 3xx (?!) pages ago that we came into conclusion that Rin is very insecure about losing everything, hence she overreacted and possessive about anything. She however doesn't realize harsh action will make her just that; lose the people she loved.
Old 2011-11-17, 22:08   Link #8069
Eratas123

@ Rain - It'd be too slow, a pistol shot beats IS fire by a mile in terms of how easy it is to fire.
Besides, Akira is the fire team leader, not the pilots.

Irish doesn't really care about Michael. Just because they both dislike the bombings doesn't mean they're friends.

Note: All the one's who disapprove of the bombings (Irish, Joshua and Michael) were given the hardest missions and partners that would try to kill them if they show signs of wanting to stop the bombing.

As for the deconstruction - That could work. The only difference is Irish gets attacked by people actually trying to injure him unlike Ichika and Kyuukai.

@ Zero - I remember. I meant I need a reason or a scene that'll explain why she decides to tone down the violence, the discussion before was just about her reasoning.
Old 2011-11-17, 22:11   Link #8070
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Akira wouldn't fire unless Michael fired first, or violently threaten him or a fellow squad member. Does Michael shoot/violently threaten first?
Old 2011-11-17, 22:13   Link #8071
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Either someone "WTF heroine"d her out of it or she look at unconscious, injured Ichika (and Joshua who hug his head to protect him) and realize that it's precisely the damn thing she always try to do everytime she felt jealous.

EDIT: I missed one exam due to stomatache... feh.
Old 2011-11-17, 22:14   Link #8072
Eratas123

He says : "If you don't let me through, people will die!" and takes out the (disabled) bombs detonator. What he meant was that people would die of the other bombs weren't disabled and he tried to show them the trigger for it. Unfortunately, they thought he was planning to detonate a bomb and Akira shot him.

@ Zero - WTF heroine will work. It can be just about anyone telling her she went too far.
Old 2011-11-17, 22:17   Link #8073
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: That makes sense.
Old 2011-11-17, 22:21   Link #8074
Eratas123

@ Rain - I've seen cases like that before, they assume the suspect is hostile and shoot him if he looks like he's taking out a weapon. That's why I'm gonna use it.

It's still a dick move since they'll inspect the building after and find his dead partner along with the disabled bomb, Akira should be smart enough to figure out what just happened. Hell, they can just look at the security cams.
Old 2011-11-17, 22:26   Link #8075
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Then again, Akira didn't have much of a choice. Say if Michael actually wanted to detonate the bomb, but Akira didn't shoot him, a lot of people were going to die.

But that's not the case, and you could have Akira quickly debate whether to shoot Michael or let him pass, before he actually does shoot him.

Be back in about half an hour, got to get some other stuff done.
Old 2011-11-17, 22:31   Link #8076
Eratas123

@ Rain - The bomb was disabled by Michael himself. He just wanted to show them the detonator but, in an idiotic moment, pulled it out at the worst possible time.

Akira wouldn't have time to debate. Michael just pulled out the detonator and (in his eyes) was going to detonate it if he didn't shoot. He did it out of reflex.

@ Zero - Does Kanzashi show any violent tendencies? Also, can you explain her reason for fallong in love? It's pretty vague.
Old 2011-11-17, 22:37   Link #8077
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - Does Kanzashi show any violent tendencies? Also, can you explain her reason for fallong in love? It's pretty vague.
Kanzashi's reasoning for fall in love is similar to that of Cecilia, that Ichika is a dependable guy she can trust. But more esoteric in terms of aesthetic, if Cecilia think Ichika like an overwhelming brute force that conquer her and bypassing social stigma, Kanzashi think of him as Prince Chamring in Shining Armor that save her from the brink of loneliness.

And yes, Kanzashi is a mix of Tsundere and Kuudere, and a little violent at times (though less than Houki or Rin).
Old 2011-11-17, 22:47   Link #8078
Eratas123

@ Rain - That's it? I can make any of the guys in Shadow fit that description if I needed to! Great, that just made things harder. I need to introduce her earlier so I can't use the inter class tournament as an excuse.

I need to make her a harem member for Ichika and a "friend" of Irish (both agree that her sisters a pain to deal with).

Oh well, I'm planning the personal's kicking the terrorist's ass in the hall already (Rin and Tatenashi do the most in this part). The bombs just have to be dealt with.
Old 2011-11-17, 23:27   Link #8079
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Max has his share of comedy, slap being part of it but not all the time. Higsby however...

Vandam comes after moe. I write like Macross; idols before mecha.
Old 2011-11-17, 23:31   Link #8080
Eratas123

@ Meister - Who needs slapstick when you have troll teachers and student teacher romances

Will you upload it by today?

@ Zero - I heard a rumor that Tabane has a "daughter", is this true? No, I mean the novels, not HOTM.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest