AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-21, 01:47   Link #31101
DarkJak2050

If I put down the roles they're known for, will it be easier for you?

Oh and where the hell are you watching the English episodes?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 02:04   Link #31102
Eratas123

Not really. Sorry, but I'm not interested on who voiced who, just that they do a good job.

I got a link from PM.
Old 2012-05-21, 02:36   Link #31103
DarkJak2050

Don't get me wrong, the voice actors are not bad, I've heard them in better roles, but apparently they are severely miscast.

Who would've thought that Monica Rial would fit Houki? Monica Rial normally does characters who have a high pitched tone. But when I looked at her work as Miria from Claymore and Jo from Burst Angel, I thought otherwise because those characters have deep voices that she surprisingly did well.

With that, I expected Monica Rial to do Houki's voice like she did with Miria from Claymore or Jo from Burst Angel. But unfortunately, she did not...

Alright, let's get back on the map here. I'm wondering something about Rin's cannons, what is the effective range?
Old 2012-05-21, 04:37   Link #31104
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

First Chapter done... But I think I'll hold off on the publishing until I've done maybe a few more more chapters.

Speaking of which, when I tried to log into FF.Net:

>mfw
Old 2012-05-21, 07:21   Link #31105
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That happened with me when I forgot to update my flash.

@ Jak
Because it's listed as short to medium range, I expect it to be less than 1.2 km, and that's generous, because it's an air pressure cannon (spray hose on crack). And the longer range it shot, the less damage it deliver because of blooming effect.

Ergo, it's still destructive at roughly 200-300 meter, enough to break any I.S. barrier and eat through SP like mad. Rin's cannon always been used in this range brackets.
Old 2012-05-21, 08:06   Link #31106
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How inhuman is it to create a superhuman race where there was only one surviving effort of the experiments. then you turn that one specimen as the EVE of said new breed of superhuman but all she amounts to is a factory for living weapons.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 08:09   Link #31107
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Either complete monster or blue-orange morality.

Pick your poison.
Old 2012-05-21, 08:13   Link #31108
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I can't tell the difference. And what if all that was just the tip of the iceberg?
Old 2012-05-21, 08:21   Link #31109
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The difference is Blue-Orange morality don't know the values that we used normally.

For example, damn near everyone from Deviluke in To-Love-Ru is having Blue-Orange mindset. We have a snobbish, selfish, shameless princess with a warmongering, genocidal father. And no, they're not evil in traditional sense, just that their code of morality is different in that region. Einst from SRW series as well, given that they're resident Eldridge.

OTOH complete monster example is usually a human character who knew what's wrong and right and yet do it anyway. Big Bads in SRW are mostly like this, as they're human/descended form human and has learned the values of humanity.

As for the later? It got worse?
Old 2012-05-21, 08:28   Link #31110
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

In the case of morality, where does Praxidike fit in given their boss' reasoning?

Spoiler for Case:
Old 2012-05-21, 08:31   Link #31111
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Lol it was the inverse of mine

It's less evil and more like paranoid extremist, he got a point, but the way he makes his point is less than desirable.

An antagonist, after all, didn't need to be evil.
Old 2012-05-21, 08:38   Link #31112
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Oh... I guess it's the former then.

More like I didn't give the details

There are actually two of them. the second was born from amother attempt at creating the superhumans from scratch wuth only one survivor again. However this second could create more stable offspring. The first one was mentally unstable anyway and her children weren't consistent, normally born with defects. so she was put into storage.

Unlike what you may assume, they didn't really give birth traditionally. Egg cells were extracted from them amd cultured in incubation tanks or their blood was used to convert other living thigs into a similar race. They only ever gave birth a few times and those were just test tube babies injected into their wombs. Unlike their children who undergo acceleratwd aging pocesses, they are sealed in tanks that retard aging to such and extent that they are biologically 12 but chronologically 20 at least.

They also share mindlink with all their children so what thir off spring know and perceive they can too. So despite being sedated and kept in containment tanks their whole existence they can still perceive bits and pieces of a world outside.
Old 2012-05-21, 08:40   Link #31113
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Less than desirable in the sense that he resorts to armed confrontation for his goals?

Also, here's Inami's point:
Spoiler for Case 2:
Old 2012-05-21, 08:49   Link #31114
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If I want to be cynical, I'll side with Gerard and do "Durrrrrrrrrrrrr" about Inami's statement

Still, my point still stand, Gerard is worse than even the feminist by virtue of using brute force on relatively innocent targets.

@ Demi
Damn it, that sound EXACTLY the same as the origin of certain pair of sibling in my story!

Sigh, I guess it's really hard to think something really new... something that other people won't pull off incidentally

EDIT: BTW, the last part sounds exactly like Eras' explanation for Ichika's clones.
Old 2012-05-21, 09:00   Link #31115
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Oh, I almost forgot, nothing about mine is original either, it's Evangelion + Metal Gear when it comes to cloning technology, while Eras went for Metal Gear + Bioshock.
Old 2012-05-21, 09:04   Link #31116
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
If I want to be cynical, I'll side with Gerard and do "Durrrrrrrrrrrrr" about Inami's statement
Coincidentally, that's what Gerald would've done as well...

ARE YOU THE SAME PERSON?
Old 2012-05-21, 09:17   Link #31117
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Their race is actually techno organic hence the crazy circumstances. The EVEs can actually revive someone however that person should have died very recently(like less than 30 minutes) and they must have a strong will. By using their blood to convert the corpse into a techno organic being, the whole body gets a jump start but the psyche's survival is utterly up to the one being converted.

@zero: I always assumed you and eras were using advanced musculature and psionics.
Old 2012-05-21, 18:33   Link #31118
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Well, the technology applied is different for both me and Eras, but the concept is all the same
Old 2012-05-21, 18:34   Link #31119
Eratas123

Why are you talking about cloning?
Old 2012-05-21, 18:46   Link #31120
DarkJak2050

Fanfic spotted.

IS Academy Year Two: Wings

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest