AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Old 2016-10-02, 02:26   Link #681
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Like seriously, how was she able to stand up after losing so much blood?
The human body only needs about 5 quarts of blood. The average anime human body holds about 5 gallons of blood, so that it can spray it out all the more spectacularly when cut in a major vein or artery, or so they can leave a conspicuous trail of blood several hundred yards long or longer. As an anime character, if she can keep from spraying it out too quickly, she can lose quite a bit before she's actually in danger.
Old 2016-11-01, 03:35   Link #682
Raviel

Guys I know this isn't really the place to ask but I recently marathoned the anime and have been looking into trying out a Tales game for a while now.

Would you all recommend getting Zestiria and Berseria?

They're the only Tales games that I know are on/coming to PC and Symphonia doesn't interest me all that much.

P.S. If it helps I'm more or less going into each game blind and only have what the anime has shown me as reference. I also have some vague knowledge of the........controversy that followed Zestiria's release but as someone who doesn't really bother with all that, will my enjoyment of the games be impaired in any way?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-01, 03:42   Link #683
Kazu-kun

Berseria is pretty darn good. The localization is coming out in a few months and you definitely should get it.

I wouldn't recommend Zestiria at all, but it's up to you. If you do play it, do it before Berseria. Play Berseria afterwards to get the bad taste off.
Old 2016-11-01, 15:33   Link #684
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Guys I know this isn't really the place to ask but I recently marathoned the anime and have been looking into trying out a Tales game for a while now.

They're the only Tales games that I know are on/coming to PC and Symphonia doesn't interest me all that much.

P.S. If it helps I'm more or less going into each game blind and only have what the anime has shown me as reference. I also have some vague knowledge of the........controversy that followed Zestiria's release but as someone who doesn't really bother with all that, will my enjoyment of the games be impaired in any way?
Zestiria has its flaws, but it might help you understand Berseria better. I haven't played Berseria yet (because it's not out in the West yet), but from my understanding, but I've seen (people who can't name their YT videos properly and it shows in the suggested videos) familiar faces in Berseria.

You'll be able to understand those "fan-service" moment better, I guess.

Zestiria was on special multiples for less than $20 (at some point, it was under $10). I would wait for a special before buying it.

Berseria should be a much better game.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-01, 23:53   Link #685
Raviel

Thanks for the tips.

I'll probably pick zestiria up if it goes on sale for a good price during Christmas then just wait for berseria.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 20:29   Link #686
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post

If you do decide to get Zestiria, this is the official Bandai/Namco link to getting a Steam code on PC.

https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/...iria-steam-key

They also have links to PS3 and PS4 versions on that page. It's not on sale now, but when I got it, it was $7.99, and I found a generic Bamco store code that got me an additional 15% off. I'd expect the price to drop again when the second cour airs.
Old 2016-11-30, 08:29   Link #687
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reBBW2zZVc8

Season 2 confirmed to start January 8. OP by Minami Kuribayashi, ED by FLOW.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-30, 10:47   Link #688
RDNexus

FLOW being FLOW... Finally, a new theme song for my playlist
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 16:36   Link #689
GDB

Not a fan of the new episode. Felt like they spent the entire episode trying to make you fall in love with Rose rather than just letting it happen.

Also felt pretty choppy. Like, I wouldn't be surprised if the BD version had a couple more minutes of footage kind of choppy.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 16:57   Link #690
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I was kinda glad the anime can make towns that aren't just a couple of shops.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 17:05   Link #691
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not a fan of the new episode. Felt like they spent the entire episode trying to make you fall in love with Rose rather than just letting it happen.

Also felt pretty choppy. Like, I wouldn't be surprised if the BD version had a couple more minutes of footage kind of choppy.
Yeah, the game was already a bit on the nose when it came to forcing us to like Rose but this episode kind of took that to a new level... And, after the first half of the show, I actually thought they would be toning that particular part of the game down :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I was kinda glad the anime can make towns that aren't just a couple of shops.
Agreed. This game in particular felt really empty in towns. Glad to see that the anime wasn't faithful in that particular part
Old 2017-01-09, 17:50   Link #692
Darthtabby

While I think Sorey and Alisha are excessively goody two shoes, I'm not too sure about how they're handling Rose. She's supposed to be both this lovable scamp and a ruthless assassin who murders people for the greater good. Granted she was part of a group of assassins back in season one as well but it seemed like she'd changed.

At least there's an indication Sorey may have to grapple with some moral ambiguity.

Sidenote: Why is Sorey's name spelt that was when it sounds more like Slain? Are they that desperate to avoid bringing to mind the guy from Aldnoah Zero?
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 18:22   Link #693
RDNexus

Slain? More like Slay, you mean
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 22:14   Link #694
LKK

Does Sorey know about Rose's after hours activities? I can't remember if he learned about her assassination jobs in the first cour or not.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 22:20   Link #695
GDB

I don't... think he did? I can't imagine Lailah would be all cool with Sorey hanging around her if he did know, at least.
Old 2017-01-09, 22:25   Link #696
LKK

I don't think Sorey knows either. But hubby thought he does. So I figured I'd ask.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 22:48   Link #697
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

In the Anime, Sorey does not know (yet). Since they deviated from the game, it's pretty much anyone's guess as when it will happen.

I can probably guess the context in which it will happen, but not exactly how.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 18:38   Link #698
GDB

The new episode seems to hint that Sorey has suspicions towards Rose, even if he may not outright know.

That being said, this episode is more like it! No more obnoxious Rose pandering (I feel like her back and forth with Sergei at the beginning of this episode was far more effective in making her likeable than all of the previous episode), but back to actual things happening. They made Sergei a little more doofy than I remember him being, so it's hard to take him as serious as the game, but at least he has a personality that isn't just "male Alisha", and I appreciate that.

Also, the OP and ED should be switched. ED is much more upbeat and hype inducing, while the OP has that steady calming effect.
Old 2017-01-16, 01:57   Link #699
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The new episode seems to hint that Sorey has suspicions towards Rose, even if he may not outright know.

That being said, this episode is more like it! No more obnoxious Rose pandering (I feel like her back and forth with Sergei at the beginning of this episode was far more effective in making her likeable than all of the previous episode), but back to actual things happening. They made Sergei a little more doofy than I remember him being, so it's hard to take him as serious as the game, but at least he has a personality that isn't just "male Alisha", and I appreciate that.
The way he never got that Sorey and Rose weren't actually married was pretty doofy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-16, 02:41   Link #700
Yamada II

Episode 2

So the troubles in Roland are too much and there's this fight for power going on between the church and the royal family. And the church is upto no good which is why there is a lot of malevolence here. And Rose is probably starting to doubt the killings she's being doing I think because why else would the guy beside her be telling her constantly that they did the right thing in killing the bishop. And Dezel is planning on wreaking some havoc in the church for killing Guren and being bad people overall. Hope we'll finally get to see some serious ufotable sakuga next week. The Flow ED was pretty cool and those stills in the ending sequence were sugoi.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote