AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-22, 00:12   Link #281
Simon
気持ち悪い

Finally caught up on my backlog and watched the last three episode of this series. I don't really have anything to add to the discussion, other than to say a huge THANK YOU!! to Arienai for giving this anime the high-quality sub it deserved.

Spoiler for ep11:
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 00:38   Link #282
Joojoobees

Thumbs up Arienai Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
I don't really have anything to add to the discussion, other than to say a huge THANK YOU!! to Arienai for giving this anime the high-quality sub it deserved.
I agree, thanks to Arienai! I really enjoyed this series. There are precious few shows about adults, dealing with problems I can really relate to. This show has a meaning for me, as a result. If it weren't for you guys, I couldn't have watched it.

ARIENAI ROCKS!
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 18:19   Link #283
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Nicely done. That's all I can say is nicely done. Should this series ever be licensed in the states I'll be sure to definitely support it by buying the DVDS.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 02:41   Link #284
Siegel Clyne

Hataraki-Man: Rie as Hiro

Seiyuu Tanaka Rie, Voice Actress for Matsukata Hiroko in Hataraki-Man

Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 03:52   Link #285
Siegel Clyne

Hataraki-Man Live Action Drama Television Series Announced

Starring Kanno Miho in the lead role of Matsukata Hiroko, aka "Hiro," the live action television drama series adaptation of the popular Hataraki-Man manga by Anno Moyocco has been officially announced, debuting in October 2007 on NTV, Wednesday nights, 10:00pm.

SPORTS NIPPON NEWSPAPERS broke the news, which has subsequently received front page news coverage at Yahoo! JAPAN. It has also been covered on English websites Tokyograph and Anime News Network.

An unofficial source at 2ch had actually revealed over a month ago in this post on a Hataraki-Man anime thread that Kanno Miho would play Matsukata Hiroko in a live action drama version of Hataraki Man on NTV.

And, regardless what a handful of anonymous naysayers say on 2ch, the Hataraki Man anime has been a commercial hit and a popular show. Among other things, check out what Hataraki-Man director Ono Katsumi, Fuji TV assistant producer Nakano Kumiko, and DIP marketing director Aihara/Aibara Hidenobu have to say about its success in my earlier post on this thread.

(DIP Corporation is one of the sponsors of the Hataraki-Man animation series.)

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-08-24 at 19:06.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 10:56   Link #286
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Starring Kanno Miho in the lead role of Matsukata Hiroko, aka "Hiro," the live action television drama series adaptation of the popular Hataraki-Man manga by Anno Moyocco has been officially announced, debuting in October 2007 on NTV, Wednesday nights, 10:00pm.

SPORTS NIPPON NEWSPAPERS broke the news, which has subsequently received front page news coverage at Yahoo! JAPAN. It has also been covered on English websites Tokyograph and Anime News Network.

An unofficial source at 2ch had actually revealed over a month ago in this post on a Hataraki-Man anime thread that Kanno Miho would play Matsukata Hiroko in a live action drama version of Hataraki Man on NTV.

And, regardless what a handful of anonymous naysayers say on 2ch, the Hataraki Man anime has been a commercial hit and a popular show. Among other things, check out what Hataraki-Man director Ono Katsumi, Fuji TV assistant producer Nakano Kumiko, and DIP marketing director Aihara/Aibara Hidenobu have to say about its success in my earlier post on this thread.

(DIP Corporation is one of the sponsors of the Hataraki-Man animation series.)
Wow this will be fun to watch i will defietly be on the look out for it. I really need to finish the anime at some point. But a live action drama should prove to be funny as hell
Old 2007-09-09, 15:46   Link #287
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

The first thing that popped into my mind while watching Hataraki Man, is how this would be the usual material for J-Dorama. I was half-expecting a live drama version to already exist, not unlike how a live-drama version of Nodame Cantible had already been produced before the anime version was released. So it's quite surprising to learn that the live-drama adaptation was confirmed only a few weeks ago.

That aside, it's great show. It offers an honest depiction of working life, and as a struggling editor and writer myself, I empathise completely with Hiroko.

As for the people who disliked the "moral" of the story, I'll offer my tentative opinion -- I think it's a fairly realistic reflection of work culture in many East Asian countries, not just Japan. (To be sure though, I think Japan is the only country that pushes it to an unhealthy extreme.) I'm no sociologist, but I'm guessing that this is partly because many East Asians define themselves through their work. For some people, it's not just a job -- it's a lifelong vocation. Seen from this perspective, it's easier to understand why many of us are willing to sacrifice so much for our careers. It would also be easier to see why Confucianist Asia considers this to be the "ideal" work ethic.

Of course, for this ethic to work in the long run, you need to be passionate about what you do, and in Hiroko's case, she certainly seems to love her job. Hence her workaholism.

As for whether I think this is "ideal", I don't know where to stand actually. I'd like to think that if I find something meaningful to do, I'd dedicate everything to make it work. Whether I become a workholic as a result, well, only time will tell. Yup, that's right, I haven't found my "meaning" yet, not unlike poor Hiroko. But like her, I have also had those brief flashes of inspiration that make all the hard work seem worthwhile. So all is not lost. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 16:56   Link #288
Joojoobees

RedLeaf, interesting post. Have you ever seen Ikiru, by Akira Kurasawa? There was an interesting tension in that movie, because at first the protagonist is doing his job and hasn't really lived. Towards the end he finds a way to 'live' (find some meaning in life, might be a good way of saying it), and it turns out to be through his job. After he is gone, he is revered as a saint, because he did his job.
Old 2007-09-19, 10:53   Link #289
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Heh, not going to go too much into the socialogical debate here but there's no right choices on the personal level imo. It's a matter of what you want to achieve and how you go about it.
Old 2009-05-18, 19:28   Link #290
eris_sama

Finally got around to watching this series. Liked it quite a bit but wished it were longer. Are there manga spoilers anywhere?
eris_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 06:39   Link #291
Molenir

Can look online. I believe at least some of the manga has been scanalated, try mangatraders or some other fan sharing manga website.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 22:04   Link #292
durack

Looks like Arienai has shut everything down and googling does not help.

Anyone has any pointers as to where I can download this show?
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 20:33   Link #293
Dop
Mmmm....

Apologies for resurrecting this long dead thread, but I only just discovered that the online streaming service Viewster has this show on it.

You can find it here.

I can't apologise for how amazed and thankful I am that this show is up there and it might get a wider audience. They just don't make shows like this nowadays!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:40   Link #294
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm region-blocked here in R1.

Is this subtitled? If so, is it the version from Arienai? Just wondering if they ripped off Sam Pinarsky ("Quarkboy") and friends since I don't think there is any official subtitled version. Arienai used a particularly distinctive font and hard subbing:
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 08:02   Link #295
Dop
Mmmm....

That's a shame, guess it might be just Europe then. Still, ways and means...

it is available with or without english subs, and the translation's different, here's the same shot from Viewster's player so you can see the difference in the translation and subs:-
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I do hope they pick up some other old anime which haven't previously been legitimately available with English subs, because I don't think this has been previously available other than in fansub.
Old 2015-05-03, 10:52   Link #296
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

"Formerly busty???" Did she have those melon-sized boobs we see in hentai, but they somehow shrank recently?

I can't find any English-language licensor for this show. I thought maybe it was an R4 release from Siren Visual, but it's not one of theirs either. All the subtitled DVD releases I can find are bootlegs (region 0, Chinese subs).
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 11:45   Link #297
Dop
Mmmm....

Certainly I don't believe it ever got licensed originally which was why I was so amazed when I saw it. Maybe Viewster picked it up in a batch of other old shows or something.

Just a shame it's region locked, so we can't point at it and say 'watch this! It's the kind of thing Noitamina was all about!' to everyone.
Old 2015-06-17, 13:12   Link #298
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Hey, Quarkboy here!

So thing is, I actually WORK for Viewster now. And despite that I went and paid for brand new subs for Hataraki-man even though I still have a copy of my fansubs lying around.

That large busted translation, yeah, actually I think that's not as accurate as my original is it? I'll point that out to my team. I vaguely recall arguing about the meaning for quite some time before figuring it out years ago.

(usually "元” means "originally" e.g. formerly, but I think in this context it means more "has always been" i.e. "not artificially enhanced").

In any case sorry about the crappy regions but it is to our knowledge the first legal stream with english subs of this show!

Also check out Keroro Gunsou first ever official stream, we're in the process of translating all 300+ eps, and we're up to 150 or so now.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noitamina, office, seinen