AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-02, 08:35   Link #1361
Aqua Knight

I can't see the point in doing that. Such metagaming ruins the game completely.
It's like making uber potion/armour and then complain how fighting dragons etc. is easy.

Though now when dragon one-shots people or nearly kills them, they complain again.
Old 2011-12-02, 08:55   Link #1362
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Yahtzee's review - (I know some folks probably won't like the guy, but I always enjoy his reviews). Surprisingly he was actually positive about Skyrim! I guess Shooter Season 2011 ate up all his snarky cynicism.
Old 2011-12-02, 09:21   Link #1363
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, Yahtzee's always been positive about RPG's as long as they let him do whatever the hell he likes and have decent character design (which does not include anime, hence his hatred of JRPG's, since it lacks both in his eyes).
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 09:24   Link #1364
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
It's like making uber potion/armour and then complain how fighting dragons etc. is easy.

Though now when dragon one-shots people or nearly kills them, they complain again.
To be fair, a Destruction Mage needs all the help they can get. Magic stops scaling and becomes progressively less effective as the character levels. So cost-less magic isn't as game breaking as you'd imagine.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 10:08   Link #1365
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Ah, I see. Since I OHK almost everyone I meet, it's hard to tell the difference

But interesting, one-hand skill affect the chances as well? I think I heard from some poster before that one-handed skill doesn't affect daggers?
I think one-hand perk increase dagger damage. But one-hand enchantment does not

Skyrim is pretty fun to play. But one thing that Skyrim may have to learn from Japanese games in general, is allow re-rolling new characters having new elements. I means we basically can play 90% features of this game with a single character (the 10% is warrior vs mage vs rogue build,and whether to join Imperial or Storm-cloak). With different routes, so you can re-explore the games from a completely different view point. The game already really carefully built. So a few more routes should not be hard to implement
Old 2011-12-02, 10:11   Link #1366
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Well, Yahtzee's always been positive about RPG's as long as they let him do whatever the hell he likes and have decent character design (which does not include anime, hence his hatred of JRPG's, since it lacks both in his eyes).
Ya know I'm sure I've seen him like at least one JRPG or at least mention so in passing in one of his reviews - grudgingly so - that a particular one was tolerable (outside of early FF games). But yeah, generally he's not a fan of the androgynous teenager dressed via threshing machine faff fest (personally, I can see his point in some cases - but I've never been big on turn based combat).

Watched his Oblivion review again too, it was pretty damn hilarious. Comparing the two was interesting.

luls. Drauger panels totally have a Rocky Eye of the Tiger montage song playing in the background.
Old 2011-12-02, 10:53   Link #1367
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Rofl that's so true.

But I dont think you level scales that much. It just rises the number of powerful enemies per group.
Old 2011-12-02, 11:57   Link #1368
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

True indeed. If enchanting hadn't made my spells mana-free, I'd have been in deep trouble when I was done with that.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 12:30   Link #1369
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Oh Harry Partridge, you never fail to impress me.

Old 2011-12-02, 12:38   Link #1370
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
You ARE aware that that's not at all what I'm saying, right? I don't demand that you're killed by the first dragon bite (because that's what armor is for). I also don't demand that you're insta-killed by any breath (because you should be able to evade, lessening the damage). I want a bit more balance and I want to have fights against dragons to be highlights and real threats. The way they are they feel too easy for me. "Oh cool, money and a dragon soul" shouldn't be the instant reaction when you encounter one.
You do realize to have this amazing armor that you can do this you have to get 100 in enchanting, maybe even alchemy, 100 in smithing and then create this amazing armor and wear it.

You could you know just wear normal armor if you WANTED, to get your epic dragon fights.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-12-02 at 15:59.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 13:35   Link #1371
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I found another funny comic, but theres slight nudity.
Old 2011-12-02, 13:38   Link #1372
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Well are you gonna leave an external link or just tease us about it?
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 14:50   Link #1373
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
To be fair, a Destruction Mage needs all the help they can get. Magic stops scaling and becomes progressively less effective as the character levels. So cost-less magic isn't as game breaking as you'd imagine.
All too true. Also the fact that Master-Level magic is actually less useful in many combat situations than your Expert-Level magic kinda makes the payoff of being a pure Magi kinda unsatisfying once you hit 50+ (Firestorm is actually the most useful of the Master spells when combined with either Ironflesh, Become Ethereal or Invisibility). Being a pure Destruction mage is extremely fun at the first 40 levels though, especially if you can get the Impact perk for Destruction early - Hadoukens FTW.

I really think they should've gone on a 5-tier damage enhancement perk system for magic spells similar to your combat skills (ex. Barbarian 1/5), or at least provide a passive boost to your damage as you level up your magic skills.

On an unrelated matter...

Fighting a named dragon in Blackreach of all places was a very WTF moment for me...

Also, I've finally unlocked the Shield Charge perk on the Blocking tree. All the pain of having to sacrifice offense for defense finally paid off big time. Bowling over Draugr Overlords and Giants by smashing through them is too incredible for words

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 17:59   Link #1374
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
Yes, they are weaker than 2 hand/bow/one hand but when you have -100% mana cost and stagger, it basically stun lock anything out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post

Exactly
Old 2011-12-02, 18:46   Link #1375
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
The sneaking in this game could be better as it's weird trying to do backstabs in some parts so I'm not sure if it's a bug. After I got into the prison I was able to backstab all the guards no problem but I did aimed higher at the head.

In regards to the story how does Elder Scrolls do it? I just finished becoming a Thane for almost all the cities and completed most of the guilds except dark brotherhood and now I'm meeting with the Blades for the first time. On that matter I fought for the Imperials. Is there a canon part or do all of these events happened?

On that matter about Thalmor

Spoiler:
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 22:30   Link #1376
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

While it might be nice having a game about going to war against the Thalmor, I have a feeling the next Elder Scrolls will skip this and start centuries after the events of it. Perhaps it might become a content for future Skyrim expansions instead.
Old 2011-12-03, 00:08   Link #1377
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Is there a canon part or do all of these events happened?
Something like this happened before: the Warp of the West. Its essentially what happened when ALL of the endings of the Daggerfall game CAME TRUE. AT THE SAME TIME.

And I'm expecting a DLC/Expansion that'll let us deal with the Thalmor eventually. The Nazi Elves have to get their come-uppance.
Old 2011-12-03, 01:07   Link #1378
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Spoiler:
I'd be extremely surprised if the next Elder Scrolls title is not about the Thalmor (which are, after all, a splinter faction of the former empire and occupy a region of Tamriel that we have not visited since Arena). They spent most of Skyrim setting up that conflict, and I for one am so ready to sock it to them after what they did to poor Talos. And true to Elder Scrolls tradition, I'd bet the next game will start off with you as a prisoner in a Thalmor concentration camp.

Spoiler for conversation after winning civil war in Skyrim:
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 04:52   Link #1379
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Congratulations to Skyrim for getting a 40 out of 40 from Famitsu.
Old 2011-12-03, 08:07   Link #1380
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So i was doing the Namira quest , wow cannibalism , that was degusting , i killed all of them & saved the priest. Only 1500gold.
I read that if you kill him , you get a ring with +50 stamina & you can eat people to get +50 HP & +50% regen & a companion. Well , it's not useful for me.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim