AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-08, 11:23   Link #41
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Zeus View Post
President Aria is an abomination, I tell you.
Truth. Someone needs to drown that thing - it's lived long enough. Though it seems Japan really likes him (number 1? Lol).

As for ORIGINATION, I reckon they've got quite a bit of material to wade through, though I am excited about the potential original stuff we'll get out of the deal. I really enjoyed the PS2 game - well, except for the lack of HCG, but that's for another time.

Quote:
As much as I love ARIA, I pray that Akari, Ai, and Alicia would start cutting back on the sugar. Too much sweetness leads to diabetes. Diabetes makes people sour.
Spoiler:
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 05:03   Link #42
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Hmm. Ame ni mo Makezu, iirc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
I really enjoyed the PS2 game - well, except for the lack of HCG, but that's for another time.
I remember sending my friend a link for the video of the PS2 opening. His first question was, "Is this an H-game?" Considering the number of female characters and the fact that I was the one who introduced him to Tsukihime and several other titles, I can't really blame him.

Hmm. Still nothing new from crystalnova.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 06:35   Link #43
X10A_Freedom

Quote:
As much as I love ARIA, I pray that Akari, Ai, and Alicia would start cutting back on the sugar. Too much sweetness leads to diabetes. Diabetes makes people sour.

Kudaranai serifu kinshi. (-_-)
Worry not, rowing a boat/gondola is hard work especially if done for a whole day. They'll burn every bit of sugar they get!

I hope we get airing dates soon...
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 17:11   Link #44
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Though I'm a bit late to the party

Yay! I'm so happy to hear this. I feel like what Kozue Amano said... Lucky! Three times! I consider this anime to be a successor to the most infinitely wonderful YKK. It's awesome that there is a market for this kind of carefree, thoughtful anime. Lawd knows there's ain't much of this kinda stuff available.

I'll be thinking about that odd title until I can finally watch it.... "Origination"? Akari's life before Aria? More flashback stories of the three fairies? Akari going back in time again and founding the Undine industry? Aria being born and learning to use the litter box?

I can't think of anything that doesn't sound silly or just plain boring. My best guess is a continuation of the current storyline.... and the word "Origination" is just some English that the directors thought sounded cool. Mayhap series 4 could be Aria the All-Purpose Cultural Cat President.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 17:35   Link #45
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

As the owner of the entire line of SOL's 1/6 ARIA figurines, I must say that this news is ultimately gratifying. Like YKK, this whole series is special to me. True to its 究極の癒し系 (Ultimate Healing) billing, we turn on the TV and put on ARIA just to relax. ARIA is written by a woman in a shoujo-esque style, but published in a seinen manga magazine, yet its fan-base include young girls, OLs, fujoushi, and akiba-kei otakus. A magical cross-gender/genre/age/moe series.

I can't say too much good thing about it. . I love everything, including ARIA Shachou. ARIA is the only reason I want to visit Venice; in fact Italian fans should wise up and Undine Gondola service, where girls dressed like Udine give the canal tours instead of burly Italian men. Oh man, that would be so sweet!

I sure hope Origination is about their origin stories... like why did Akari come to AQUA from Man-home? Who was she e-mailing everyday (in the manga)? How did she apply and got hired to be the ONLY HEIR to the ARIA Company? How did Alicia ended up as the current "owner"? What's the story on Hime-ya? Are they all from AQUA? How did man-kind created this paradise out of that ugly Red planet? Why isn't AQUA full of immigrants from Man-home? Is there an immigration policy? There's just so many question about their Origination, I wish they can touch upon it a wee-bit, while giving us nice, healing stories based on the manga.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 20:53   Link #46
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I sure hope Origination is about their origin stories... like why did Akari come to AQUA from Man-home?
I believe this was addressed in the first series, where we actually get to see Akari IN the spaceship that brought her to AQUA. She was having a conversation with a gentleman at that time.

Quote:
Who was she e-mailing everyday (in the manga)?
If I am not mistaken, the anime has taken the liberty to make it Ai, an anime-original character.

Quote:
How did she apply and got hired to be the ONLY HEIR to the ARIA Company? How did Alicia ended up as the current "owner"?
Have you watched the OVA yet?

Quote:
What's the story on Hime-ya?
No idea.

Quote:
Are they all from AQUA?
Well, we know "Salamander" guy is an AQUA native. Woody, Alicia and Akira are also possibly AQUA-born, although not confirmed yet in the anime (as far as I know).

Quote:
How did man-kind created this paradise out of that ugly Red planet?
Terra-forming, and lots of sacrifices. The answers to this question are spread out over several flashbacks. For a quick breakdown, refer to four particular episodes.

1) The episode where Woody helps Akari deliver a message tape decades after the recipient had died in a flooding accident. This was one of the more poignant episodes as we get to see Akari break down and cry.

2) The episode where Akari crosses the neko-powered bridge and enters the past when the canals were still dry.

3) The episode where we are introduced to "Salamander" guy.

4) The episode where we are introduced to the world of the "Gnomes".

Quote:
Why isn't AQUA full of immigrants from Man-home? Is there an immigration policy?
I think it is fair enough to think that there is one.

Cheers.
Old 2007-09-16, 22:34   Link #47
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Are they all from AQUA?
I'm under the impression that all of the other characters are from Aqua. I think it was mentioned in the anime that Aika and Alice had an edge on Akari on town knowledge since they were natives. Also, Alicia, Akira, Woody, Al, and Akatsuki played together as children on Ukijima in series 2 ep 15.

As for Athena Glory ... oooo she is gloriously hot so I gotta write it again.... Athena Glory's great-grandma or something has a speaking part in the time-travel ep in season 1. The old woman has Athena's hair and skin color.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 23:15   Link #48
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Haha, I wasn't really looking for the answer here; I just want the second season to show it... No I have not watched the OVA yet... plan to though. I know what Akari said in the first series, I just want deeper background than that. Also, I know that AI was used in the anime, but I don't want that answer.. I want to know if there's someone she care about in man-home. I did guessed most of the answers, but I want it all animated.

But they're all wish-full thinking.... ARIA is never about sci-fi details... they're used to enrich the backdrop. It's all about Akari's happy little adventures and how the girls hang out together. We're never going to see any hard core details.... and asking for one is not being a true fan of ARIA... I think...

BTW, this is Amano Kozue's own home page. I must admit, I love the manga more than the anime adaptation. I think her art is much better than the Anime art, being owner of all the ARIA art books.

http://ariapokoten.sakura.ne.jp/
Old 2007-09-17, 02:00   Link #49
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I sure hope Origination is about their origin stories... like why did Akari come to AQUA from Man-home?
From what she said... Because she wanted to.

Quote:
Who was she e-mailing everyday (in the manga)? How did she apply and got hired to be the ONLY HEIR to the ARIA Company?
It's not like it's certain she'll inherit Aria Company. Granma had other padaw... er... apprentices before Alicia, so Alicia may train other people after Akari.

Quote:
How did Alicia ended up as the current "owner"? What's the story on Hime-ya? Are they all from AQUA?
Al, Akatsuki, and Woody were born on the floating Island. Aika and Alice in Neo-Venezia. I don't know about the Three Fairies, but Alicia and Akira did a school trip to Floating Island, so they're probably Aqua natives.

Quote:
How did man-kind created this paradise out of that ugly Red planet? Why isn't AQUA full of immigrants from Man-home?
Aqua isn't for everyone. It's a great tourist spot, but the characters keep remarking that Man-Home is more "convenient". No intempestive weather, little walking to do... I think it's also, still, the economic center of the solar system.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 07:21   Link #50
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Quote:
I can't say too much good thing about it. . I love everything, including ARIA Shachou. ARIA is the only reason I want to visit Venice; in fact Italian fans should wise up and Undine Gondola service, where girls dressed like Udine give the canal tours instead of burly Italian men. Oh man, that would be so sweet!

I sure hope Origination is about their origin stories... like why did Akari come to AQUA from Man-home? Who was she e-mailing everyday (in the manga)? How did she apply and got hired to be the ONLY HEIR to the ARIA Company? How did Alicia ended up as the current "owner"? What's the story on Hime-ya? Are they all from AQUA? How did man-kind created this paradise out of that ugly Red planet? Why isn't AQUA full of immigrants from Man-home? Is there an immigration policy? There's just so many question about their Origination, I wish they can touch upon it a wee-bit, while giving us nice, healing stories based on the manga.
Quote:
But they're all wish-full thinking.... ARIA is never about sci-fi details... they're used to enrich the backdrop. It's all about Akari's happy little adventures and how the girls hang out together. We're never going to see any hard core details.... and asking for one is not being a true fan of ARIA... I think...
Because deep down inside, we all know that ARIA has it's dark side.
  • People are actually immigrating to Aqua because Earth (aka "Man Home") is already a post-apocalyptic wasteland incapable of supporting life outside the major cities.
  • The undine business is actually enforces old sexist practices since women are barred from having the education required for more technical jobs such as those of the Salamanders and Gnomes. Instead, undine are prized only for their interpersonal skills; no one cares about the fact that it's the most labor-intensive among the 4 "essential" occupations. Despite this, some future characters will be shown rebelling against the system by disguising themselves as girls, effectively turning part of the series into a cross-dressing comedy.
  • And Aria Company actually employs Sith lords; hence the Rule of Two. Akari will only be promoted to Prima status once Granma is dead, so there will have to be the epic battle similar to Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (except they'll be fighting with oars on their boats instead of using lightsabers to battle on a river of magma). Granma will be leaping around like Yoda and she'll be sending some gondolas flying towards Akari using her force powers.
  • Oh yeah. That thing in the sky where Akatsuki works? It doesn't control the weather. It's actually a mini Death Star.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

Last edited by G. Zeus; 2007-09-17 at 07:33.
Old 2007-09-17, 08:11   Link #51
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Because deep down inside, we all know that ARIA has it's dark side.
  • And Aria Company actually employs Sith lords; hence the Rule of Two. Akari will only be promoted to Prima status once Granma is dead, so there will have to be the epic battle similar to Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (except they'll be fighting with oars on their boats instead of using lightsabers to battle on a river of magma). Granma will be leaping around like Yoda and she'll be sending some gondolas flying towards Akari using her force powers.
You're buying into my theory then?

j/k

Cheers.
Old 2007-09-17, 08:21   Link #52
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Aye. Just giving it a proper exposition in case there are some non-believers that need more convincing.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Old 2007-09-17, 16:08   Link #53
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious View Post
I'll be thinking about that odd title until I can finally watch it.... "Origination"?
Origination

The process through which a mortgage lender creates a mortgage secured by some amount of the mortgagor's real property.

Well, I hope that clears everything u-Wait, what?
Next season: Akari and her adventures purchasing property on AQUA. lulz.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 18:38   Link #54
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Aye. Just giving it a proper exposition in case there are some non-believers that need more convincing.
So AQUA is really part of the Empire, since we have Death Stars patrolling for those rebel scum from Man-home, while ARIA Company is just training ground for future Sith eh? Is that why Al dressed in those dark capes? Cus he's actually an Imperial Guard? Hmm.. having Akari piloting a Imperial Tie Fighter (after her gondola practices with the gals of course) and practicing power of the dark side by choking Martian Cats is oddly appealing... Maybe ARIA Shachou is the personification of the Dark Side.

Nah, as much as I love the idea, I ain't a believah. Yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
[I]Next season: Akari and her adventures purchasing property on AQUA. lulz.
Oh man, my wife worked in the Mortgage industry and that's the first thing I thought when I heard the name. What's the 30-year rate on AQUA now? I hope Akari don't falls for that 5-year ARM crap! She'll be defaulting in a few years after spend all her Undine income on those damn light fixtures!

That being said, I hope I won't see any light saber battle OR dramatic foreclosure scene during Season 3.
Old 2007-09-23, 13:22   Link #55
Tabris

You will see how money grabbing the undine business can be when Orange Planet puts Himeya out of business, leaving Aika without a dime and homeless.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 20:43   Link #56
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Quote:
That being said, I hope I won't see any light saber battle OR dramatic foreclosure scene during Season 3.
Too late.

Spoiler for :

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

Last edited by G. Zeus; 2007-10-08 at 22:06.
Old 2007-10-09, 08:58   Link #57
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Too late.

Spoiler for :
There's... something strangely attractive about Darth Alice
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 18:03   Link #58
Mafty-Navue

Does anybody know about ARIA the Concert?

Spoiler for poster apparently:

Looks like the concert'll be in November, ahhh, I want to see it.....(hope they release the DVD like Gekisou)
Mafty-Navue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 13:39   Link #59
Tabris

Oh wow. That'd be fantastic.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 20:03   Link #60
Yakhobian
とは
*Fansubber

As some random news. Moonphase is suggesting AtO will start in January.
At any rate, we'll know the official starting date with the next issue of monthly Blade magazine. This month's issue said next month would give the details.

In the meanwhile, here's a pic from the latest issue showing some upcoming merch.
I swear they just keep churning it out like there's no tomorrow.

Tags
hal, sci-fi, slice of life