AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-22, 02:37   Link #1581
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Ya great game I want to see a sequel too. I just started a second play-thru myself the other night with the Soldier armor and all the gear. I will only play this game at night and with the lights out.
I remember reading somewhere that this game was planned as a trilogy, so let's hope that plans sticks and we can eventually see more of the necromorph gang.
Old 2009-09-22, 05:24   Link #1582
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I remember reading somewhere that this game was planned as a trilogy, so let's hope that plans sticks and we can eventually see more of the necromorph gang.
A trilogy? Crikey I better man the hell up and finish the game. I don't like scary games all that much. I just like playing them to try and understand the whole concept of inducing fear in audiences so I can try and use that in my drawing and writing.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 12:56   Link #1583
Nikkan

Started Jet Set Radio Future for the third time while waiting for Kingdom Hearts DS.

JSRF will always be my fav game ever. Timeless <3
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 14:13   Link #1584
Ermes Marana

Playing Monster World IV. I'm surprised I never heard of this game before, considering Dragon's Trap is one of my all time favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumii-chan View Post
Started Jet Set Radio Future for the third time while waiting for Kingdom Hearts DS.

Most underrated series ever.

The orginal Jet Set Radio is my favorite game of all time.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 08:42   Link #1585
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I start Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days in ds !!!
As always , Utada Hikaru's song is introduced !!!
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 09:50   Link #1586
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I find the game kinda boring after awhile. The "boo! Gotcha!" thing gets old, and it is much easier to finish the game using only the plasma cutter (which I did) than getting other weapons. To me, it is nothing more than RE4 combined with Mass Effect.

Speaking of Mass effect, I am playing it again as a Sentinel (previously Infiltrator). I can't believe how easy it is for a Sentinel to play with a Sniper Rifle extra skill. (cast Singularity, arm the sniper with explosive rounds and BAM! AOE effect kill).

Waiting for COD : MW2 next month. Hopefully D3 comes out fast enough so I can find a reason to stop playing Aion.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 13:28   Link #1587
Siddyus
The Insidious

Playing COD4 again and some GTA Vice City. Need extra hours for it in xfire. lol

Siddyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 14:49   Link #1588
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I find the game kinda boring after awhile. The "boo! Gotcha!" thing gets old,
So very true. After chapter 6, the game starts to drag and becomes a bit repetitive. For a possible sequel I am expecting a bit more variety and maybe several playable characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
and it is much easier to finish the game using only the plasma cutter (which I did) than getting other weapons. To me, it is nothing more than RE4 combined with Mass Effect.
And the Line Gun....

The less the weapons you carry, the faster you can upgrade them!
Old 2009-09-27, 02:44   Link #1589
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumii-chan View Post

JSRF came with my original Xbox and it was great fun. I wish I still had it... Just thinking about makes me want to play it again.

But I just picked up a 360 Elite too so at the moment I've got the following on the go:

PC: Jagged Alliance 2: Urban Chaos and Brigade E5: New Jagged Union
PS3: DiRT
PS2: Wild Arms 5
360: HALO3 and Mass Effect

Finished ODST this morning but it was a rather hollow experience.

Crikey and I've still got to find time for drawing, anime and reading between these games with work and the farm. Haha.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 03:35   Link #1590
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
So very true. After chapter 6, the game starts to drag and becomes a bit repetitive. For a possible sequel I am expecting a bit more variety and maybe several playable characters.

And the Line Gun....

The less the weapons you carry, the faster you can upgrade them!
Lol I used the plasma cutter only in my second playthrough on hard mode, and for the first one I used only the plasma cutter and the Contact Beam to blast people away.

The game is boring after the 2nd playthrough.

What I am actually looking forward to is a vibrosaw or something like that, or cracking charges which are originally meant to destroy rocks to be used as grenades. They also need to add more environment objects so the kinesis module would be more useful (i.e crushing a necromorph between two containers, or dismembering its hand using a crate while it is climbing up a ladder).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 09:25   Link #1591
Lonewolf

Picked up Empire: Total War the other day. I've played for about 6-7 hours and have fought in small skirmishes to Epic big fights. Everything about it just feels broken from the World Map to the Battles themselves. AI is terrible, graphics are not really that great and the Naval combat is a joke. Feels rushed and unpolished. Sega* dropped the ball on this one, was really looking forward to Muskets,Cannons, and Naval combat. Ill just stick with Medieval II.

*I mean Creative Assembly not Sega
Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember. when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!

Last edited by Lonewolf; 2009-09-27 at 13:31.
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 20:53   Link #1592
Mishasan
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am playing Final Fantasy: Crisis Core for the second time.
I just love this game to pieces.
Mishasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 20:56   Link #1593
yongshun

Halo 3:ODST
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's inside story

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 23:42   Link #1594
Shadow Kira01

Just completed 3 playthroughs on Gundam vs Gundam, still haven't decided which mobile suit I like the most yet. The soundtrack is awesome!! The battles are pretty difficult, especially the Gundam X and Exia. Gundam X doesn't move very fast and it takes quite some time to charge up the Satellite Cannon which have poor accuracy, not to mention that firing the Satellite Cannon also deems you defenseless. The Exia lacks ranged weapons but it is quite agile and the blades do heavy damage. However, when charging up against 2-3 beam cannons, its still a little too much.. The Gundam Dendrobium Stamen is pretty sweet in terms of its beam saber attacks accompanied by high agility but I don't like the dual bazooka as that its accuracy is also poor.

I have also been spending hours on Gundam Battle Universe, managed to beat 0079 era and is trying the EXTRA missions using the special Gundam that comes with dual bazooka and dual beam sabers. Currently, I find doing easy missions with SS rank yields quite a considerable amount of experience points required to ace the extra missions.

Aside from these games, I have yet to resume Growlanser V.. Once I beat that, I will start a new game plus with the undub version. Thus, I don't need to skip the prologue and risk getting that annoying glitch.

Still playing Ryu ga Gotoku 2, already 50 hours into the game.. The story is quite sad and of course, very interesting.. Quite a few twists..

Although I would rank the Ryu ga Gotoku series as my second favorite but actually... I like the story of the Growlanser series a lot more but its gameplay is nothing compared to the Ryu ga Gotoku, obviously. Then again, I rank Xenosaga as my favorite series, even though the gameplay really needs serious adjustments in the first two games. The speed of the mechas move so slowly..its annoying. You can almost say that the battles are mostly sluggish to the point that playing any game with lags would be much faster.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 08:27   Link #1595
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Currently playing Wipeout HD and it's expansion Wipeout HD Fury.

I've massed it quite a bit and need only 1 more trophy to get 100% and a Platinum Trophy. Just need to reach Zone level 75 for the 'Zone Zeus' achievement.

Now that I look back, beating the 'Beat Zico' trophy wasn't all that hard in comparison to Zone Zeus. Although I did only beat the time by 20ms... 30.80s. But it's difficult to expect anymore than that, you need to perform some really difficult barrel rolls to shave off any more time. Whoever suggested that trophy must be determined not to let people get Platinum too easily.
Old 2009-09-29, 08:28   Link #1596
ZenErik

Send a message via AIM to ZenErik Send a message via MSN to ZenErik Send a message via Yahoo to ZenErik
Final Fantasy VIII
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

Should be getting The World Ends With You today too. I'll play that after Devil Survivor.
ZenErik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 09:35   Link #1597
klowny
OH NO

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 09:37   Link #1598
ZenErik

Send a message via AIM to ZenErik Send a message via MSN to ZenErik Send a message via Yahoo to ZenErik
Quote:
Originally Posted by klowny View Post
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days
How is that? I've heard mostly less than stellar comments about the game so far, but I'm thinking of getting it.
ZenErik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 12:44   Link #1599
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenErik View Post
How is that? I've heard mostly less than stellar comments about the game so far, but I'm thinking of getting it.
Great game . I did some firsts missions . The gameplay is awesome and the graphic too for a ds Its promising ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 13:37   Link #1600
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V_VCTx6Gn8

best MMO ever