AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-21, 11:00   Link #1621
Weils

Welcome to the NHK! will be broadcast on Animax Asia starting from January 4th 2010. Source taken from advertisement seen on the channel. More information to be announced on Animax Asia's site!
Weils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 11:51   Link #1622
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Now it appears no one has the 6th and final DVD of this series in stock except for some guy on eBay who wants $600 for his copy!

What's with these people, Funimation in particular? Do they think I'm now going to buy the complete boxset and duplicate my five existing discs and artbox just because I can't get volume six on it own? Glad I still have my fansubs.

I've been feeling rather whipsawed by distributors lately, Funimation in particular. Their treatment of people collecting Saiunkoku Monogatari has also been pretty poor. Funi appears to just arbitrarily remove older items from stock when they release boxsets, or they fail to drop their prices on partial sets even after the entire set is released. 1/3 season boxsets for SaiMono cost just $8 less than the complete season boxset at RightStuf.

RightStuf dropped its singles price on NHK to $5 each, or $8 for the one disc with the artbox. Too bad you'll never be able to complete the series this way without paying extortionate prices for disc six.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2010-01-03 at 12:01.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 04:08   Link #1623
Pixelation
Dreamcatcher

Just a mention: The boxsets are on Rightstufs weekly specials for $14.99 atm.

While it's something of a waste if you're only missing one disc, at that price I'd just go ahead and jump on it... =)
Pixelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 01:55   Link #1624
KoujiTamino

Why should FUNimation feel obligated to reprint volume 6? They only released it in the first place so people finishing the singles as they were coming out from ADV could finish their collection. Reprinting volume 6 would be a waste of time and money as most people who were buying the singles finished them ages ago. Nobody's profiting from RightStuf's Bargain Bin, not even RightStuf itself. They're just getting rid of unwanted stock.

ADV's unfinished singles release is no longer FUNimation's responsibility.
KoujiTamino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 09:00   Link #1625
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Well it's not like they've stopped duplicating the disc. There's one in every boxset. I know there's some overhead involved in having another SKU, but there's also the sense of loyalty to their customers. Of course, that assumes that corporate executives feel some sense of loyalty to their customers, which seems less and less common as I grow older.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 20:35   Link #1626
KoujiTamino

No, the singles discs and the boxset discs are completely different, right down to the episode count. The singles release is obsolete and out of print. Anyone that tries to collect them now should do so at their own discretion and shouldn't expect it to be easy to track them all down.
KoujiTamino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 17:20   Link #1627
mangustine

Red face i dislike misaki nakahara manga version

The anime is good, i like the misaki nakahara anime version. Im in love with the character (anime version).

The misaki nakahara manga version is quite disturbing. Unlike satou which goes from worst to good from the start to the end, misaki is somewhat getting worst. At first she was lovable, kind, cute and innocent then her true nature is starting to come out... she is a b***h. She even said "ill wait" in the end, really? knowing her personality she would just get naked and sleep with anyone who got her interest on (like with the chairmans bro) especially now that the contract is void. Indeed she has a dramatic disorder-happiness withdrawal for probably watching to much soaps (i know some real people like that), what the heck, its like saying i dont want a playstation because ill just get tired of it. Why dont she just get a playstation first then play it then get tired of it before talking about the destination where she havent even started the first step, life is a journey.

Indeed there was a lot of lies and conspiracy coming from her, is she the real NHK?. Is this really intended by the author? knowing that the author is an evangelion fan, all that philosophy and consipracy stuff. I had even sleepless night because of thinking of this. Yeah i like eva at first then it gets really complicated in the middle till end. Also got sleepless night with it. Its really disturbing.

Misaki manga version is like one of Great Teacher Onizuka's 3-4 students. She belongs there and needs to be spanked by Onizuka and be taught some life lesson. That spoiled brat rich kid misaki nakahara (manga version) and her parents even tolerate her actions. Remember how she embarrass her teachers with her wits. Oni's philosophy is simple, and these people always make it complicated like in those social networking sites "its complicated", yes indeed because of lies, lies make another lies and breed another lies until your stuck with it like in the story of miyabi(GTO) why cant just they be honest and swallow the ego. what the heck, misaki is so hard to love.

The author might have based misaki on a real person, its too much real, ive met someone like that with that same personality and attitude. No i do not have shizophrenia, ill admit i have a social withdrawal in the early days, but now im a businessperson. That is why i can relate and got hooked with the story, but if i start it i need to finish it even though im forced to. I could just stop if i want but no it will just make my night more sleepless. I wouldnt be surprised why they overhauled the anime version.

I think im starting to dislike "true to life" genre or what ever it is called, i read and watch manga for entertainment and inspiration, and not to be annoyed and be depressed. Arent we reading manga and anime to have a break from the stress of real life? so why is it they make the stress of real life into a manga entertainment? gasp not unless you have a dramatic disorder.

Last edited by mangustine; 2010-02-01 at 18:17.
mangustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 20:25   Link #1628
ysamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangustine View Post
At first she was lovable, kind, cute and innocent then her true nature is starting to come out... she is a b***h. She even said "ill wait" in the end, really? knowing her personality she would just get naked and sleep with anyone who got her interest on (like with the chairmans bro) especially now that the contract is void. Indeed she has a dramatic disorder-happiness withdrawal for probably watching to much soaps (i know some real people like that), what the heck, its like saying i dont want a playstation because ill just get tired of it. Why dont she just get a playstation first then play it then get tired of it before talking about the destination where she havent even started the first step, life is a journey.
i think there is a mis understanding about misaki being a b*, you have to re read that part again like i did, i also misunderstand that part.

Spoiler for misaki being a b*:

Quote:
I think im starting to dislike "true to life" genre or what ever it is called, i read and watch manga for entertainment and inspiration, and not to be annoyed and be depressed. Arent we reading manga and anime to have a break from the stress of real life? so why is it they make the stress of real life into a manga entertainment? gasp not unless you have a dramatic disorder.
its different in my case, i use manga as an outlet, i leave my dramatic side in the manga/anime, so in real life i dont do drama. my concept is drama is fictional so lets leave it in the movies and dont bring it in real life..

Last edited by ysamu; 2010-02-02 at 20:47. Reason: spolier fix
ysamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 20:34   Link #1629
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Wait...

In which chapter does this happen? In which chapter does Misaki sleep with Megumi's brother? I read the manga a long time ago, but I truly missed that part.

EDIT: Nevermind, just read it. It did not happen.
Old 2010-02-02, 23:42   Link #1630
icab
Moe Moe Kyun~

Just finished this.
One of my all time favourites.
It had me down for a few days.
icab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 01:08   Link #1631
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

A friend requested me this anime .
I can say that i missed a Great anime since 2006
I'm glad that i watched it , no regret
The story is so real . Hikikomori , Otaku , No life , geek ...
Also , a good ending with sad part .
I saw the manga's ending too . That was more hilarious than sad but there were some improvements with the characters .
It's a shame , no kiss .
I like the First ending ^^
Gonzo did a great job . Well , it was in 2006 too ..

Last edited by -Sho-; 2010-02-26 at 01:20.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 14:24   Link #1632
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I'm slowly watching the first few episodes after putting it off for a long while and it's a hilarious show. Dark comedy at its finest.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 15:33   Link #1633
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

This is now my new favorite series after just recently finishing the anime on Youtube. Is there really a 25th and 26th episode? OVAs? Or is it just a typo on Funimation's website? Anyway, other than the anime, the novel is a good, serious read while the manga is funnier and has lots of extra Kashiwa Hitomi (Senpai) content. The anime was a good blend of the two.
Old 2010-07-09, 16:03   Link #1634
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I find both the anime and the manga great, but I think the manga beats it in the end.

I say this because I was left quite a bit more disturbed at the end.

Welcome to the NHK! is something I can only rewatch ever so often because the pain is just so real.

One of my favorite scene's is when Sato tries to commit suicide on the island, and one of the guys there says something along the lines of "people like us don't get deaths like this." It was both hilarious and so sad at the same time.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 16:53   Link #1635
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
and has lots of extra Kashiwa Hitomi (Senpai) content.
This reason alone is why the manga is my favorite out of the three. Her development in the later stages of the story is just so damn good.

Still even though the manga is probably the one with the most humor, i still say it's one of the heaviest out of the lot. Especially towards the end.
Old 2010-07-10, 08:57   Link #1636
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
One of my favorite scene's is when Sato tries to commit suicide on the island, and one of the guys there says something along the lines of "people like us don't get deaths like this." It was both hilarious and so sad at the same time.
My favorite episode. It tries to put you in such a dark mood as much as it possibly can and does a 180 on you with the most hilarious, hard hitting, rapid-fire irony I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
This reason alone is why the manga is my favorite out of the three.
The only reason I checked out the manga at all (actually, it was Nanako, but I enjoyed seeing the Senpai coverage more). I haven't looked any further than her last card game with Satou after she briefly moved into his apartment(?) (which was after they trained together for some time and when Satou got stricken by Misaki-related irony and was set on having that affair). Does any more Senpai happen after that?

Also, I still want to know if there are 2 OVAs/extra episodes. I heard they existed.
Old 2010-07-10, 09:25   Link #1637
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Does any more Senpai happen after that?
Spoiler for Manga:

& i've never heard about these extra episodes. Sounds like a rumor.
Old 2010-07-10, 14:17   Link #1638
Vicious108

Quote:
My favorite episode. It tries to put you in such a dark mood as much as it possibly can and does a 180 on you with the most hilarious, hard hitting, rapid-fire irony I've ever seen.

The only reason I checked out the manga at all (actually, it was Nanako, but I enjoyed seeing the Senpai coverage more). I haven't looked any further than her last card game with Satou after she briefly moved into his apartment(?) (which was after they trained together for some time and when Satou got stricken by Misaki-related irony and was set on having that affair). Does any more Senpai happen after that?
Wait, you just stopped reading the manga after that? With only 8 chapters left? That's a terrible idea. Satou and Misaki's relationship climax in the manga is so much better than the anime's IMO, you will be missing out.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 14:59   Link #1639
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Wait, you just stopped reading the manga after that? With only 8 chapters left? That's a terrible idea. Satou and Misaki's relationship climax in the manga is so much better than the anime's IMO, you will be missing out.
I agree. Just finished read the manga and I liked more how their relationship started in the manga adaptation although... Misaki manga is quite insane.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 22:43   Link #1640
taichi-kun

about manga end:.

Spoiler for Manga:

I think I didn't really understand why kashiwa was always depressed.. or sad..

even at school she was sad... but why?
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gonzo, psychological