AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-12-08, 17:22   Link #81
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatsobob View Post
At my school, there is nobody who downloads fansubs at all. It is just me and my friend and thats it.
Sad but true.
That is sad . . . . . before I came to College is was me and two other people . . oh boy! I got a huge group there! lol
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 18:27   Link #82
animefanrk2k

Send a message via AIM to animefanrk2k Send a message via MSN to animefanrk2k
I used to trade anime with my friend and for some reason, a few non-anime fans of mine wanted to borrow Love Hina and Chobits. *shrugs*

Haha, I was my house in high school was the anime supplier. My sister and I bought up DVDs and downloaded unlicenced anime like crazy. Many anime fans came to us with their anime needs. =)
Old 2006-12-08, 18:49   Link #83
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

lol you should start a business Animefanrk.. lol jking

Anyway it's still better if you take the intiative to say something about anime, yes it's always good to catch someone reading manga or surfing anime sites. I really don't get distressed at starting a convo cause the worst thing that can happen is the person thinks you're a total weirdo and walks away, but hey you'll probably never see them again anyway so it's all good...
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 22:33   Link #84
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
lol you should start a business Animefanrk.. lol jking

Anyway it's still better if you take the intiative to say something about anime, yes it's always good to catch someone reading manga or surfing anime sites. I really don't get distressed at starting a convo cause the worst thing that can happen is the person thinks you're a total weirdo and walks away, but hey you'll probably never see them again anyway so it's all good...
My question is why on earth do people see anime and manga as so weird???

I have had quite a few peopl who give me the "look" when I mention the word Manga or Anime . . . they see it as some disease or something . . . .are they too afraid to step out of thier little world and try something new? Or do they just hear bad things about anime and think it is evil or something . . . I'd like to know
Old 2006-12-08, 23:26   Link #85
holyman282

This is mostly due to the amount of stereotyping placed upon anime watchers, like what my previous post said ppl usually generalise anime watchers or manga readers as being obese, antisocial geeks or nerds, this I can affirm is quite untrue and yet this stereotypical idea has spread too much for ppl who don't watch anime to understand.

Also the definition of what an anime means causes ppl to look in weird ways, anime basically japanese animation, and due to western categorising or anything animated as being that of an age demographic between about 6 to 12 years old, means that if you are over that age, causes them believe you are strange.. Off course western animations are mainly based for children, with the exception of simpsons or southpark and trust me big companies like disney aren't helping to remove the negative stereotype that is associated with animations... Well that's what i believe. la!
Old 2006-12-08, 23:58   Link #86
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
This is mostly due to the amount of stereotyping placed upon anime watchers, like what my previous post said ppl usually generalise anime watchers or manga readers as being obese, antisocial geeks or nerds, this I can affirm is quite untrue and yet this stereotypical idea has spread too much for ppl who don't watch anime to understand.

Also the definition of what an anime means causes ppl to look in weird ways, anime basically japanese animation, and due to western categorising or anything animated as being that of an age demographic between about 6 to 12 years old, means that if you are over that age, causes them believe you are strange.. Off course western animations are mainly based for children, with the exception of simpsons or southpark and trust me big companies like disney aren't helping to remove the negative stereotype that is associated with animations... Well that's what i believe. la!
well that sucks becasue I am not obese and and not really a nerd either . . . . . I think Japanese Anime is Phenomenal . . just like all of here we got this "connection" with it . . . .

Darn Disney and thier negative stereotype . . . wait didn't they make Kingdom Hearts game???? That game was anime based from Final Fantsy wasn't it??? Whatever . . . . . I like Kingdom Hearts . . good game . . .

As for the whole negative stereotype, it is amazing how people just belive what everyone else thinks and never sees thinngs for what they are . . like anime of course . . . .

there is my 2 cents on the whole deal . . . who hoo
Old 2006-12-09, 00:11   Link #87
holyman282

The fact that stereotyping exists and that ppl believe things are all based off the ideals that ppl simply just want to fit in, this idea of belonging somewhere creates groups, like sporty, nerdy, geeky and thereby creates the stereotype of each.

I for one like ppl who are unique and not a conformist as personally i find them more interesting..
Old 2006-12-09, 00:22   Link #88
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
I for one like ppl who are unique and not a conformist as personally i find them more interesting..
I second that, I feel the same way
Old 2006-12-09, 00:52   Link #89
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force View Post
I second that, I feel the same way
indeed and i try to push myself to be different from others so as to set an example that not all people should fit a certain mould, all our qualities and faults makes us unique and what we are, now you'll notice i don't have any anime avatar, but instead have a snape avatar, i use this cause i really think snape is a cool character!
Old 2006-12-09, 00:58   Link #90
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
indeed and i try to push myself to be different from others so as to set an example that not all people should fit a certain mould, all our qualities and faults makes us unique and what we are, now you'll notice i don't have any anime avatar, but instead have a snape avatar, i use this cause i really think snape is a cool character!
I don't know if you have seen Gundam Wing or not . . .

but my avatar is a picture of Relena . . . she is not a very popular character . . . . but I DON"T CARE > > I am different and I like her even though on other forums people used to bash me beacuse I was a Relena fan . . .

they kept saying I should give her up . . . never did I just left the dtupid forums and joined this one . . . this forum is cool with what people like, even if they themselves don't like the character they respect eveyone else's stuff.
Old 2006-12-09, 01:38   Link #91
holyman282

yes i have seen gundam wing although i watched it along time agao, it's pretty old, wing zero owns with it's buster cannons.. I have to say i respect Relena alot for her commitment to Heero and i find his and her relationship to be quite interesting.. Although i disliked the ending as it seems they didn't end up together, it was just heero walking for some reason...
Old 2006-12-09, 01:47   Link #92
ps3mania
piyo, pipipiyo, piyo.

yea, I hate how watching or even talking about anime/ manga gets u labled as weird. The thing I find the saddest is that among all the anime fans out there in Edmonton, there is probably very few people who watches anime RAW, or with fansub like me (I like watching it RAW, cuz I know 94% of what is said in most anime), and those are the people I would like to talk to the most.
ps3mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 02:22   Link #93
holyman282

Well i personally would love to watch it raw but the problem is that i can't understand what's being said, that's the only reason i watch fansubs cause i can't understand japanese.. A real downside for a anime fan, but i have to say thank you to all the ppl who put time and effort into subbing things for us japanese illiterate ppl! Thank you!
Old 2006-12-09, 02:37   Link #94
Charmmy Kitty
Red eyes in Darkness

Send a message via ICQ to Charmmy Kitty Send a message via MSN to Charmmy Kitty
Well...In Moscow it's really hard to locate anime fans..
There's only one place where anime fans are simply located - Filevsky park.There are many otakus in cosplay costumes every Saturday and Sunday )))
Charmmy Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 02:54   Link #95
holyman282

yeah.... Australia is quite hard when it comes to findiing anime fans, everyone is just so into cricket and AFL that now one watches good old anime anymore, don't get me wrong i was really happy when the ashes were (autralia won two tests)
but still hard to find anime watchers when the country is so heavily sports based (although there are anime about sports ppl don't watch it)
Old 2006-12-09, 04:38   Link #96
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force View Post
My question is why on earth do people see anime and manga as so weird???

I have had quite a few peopl who give me the "look" when I mention the word Manga or Anime . . . they see it as some disease or something . . . .are they too afraid to step out of thier little world and try something new? Or do they just hear bad things about anime and think it is evil or something . . . I'd like to know
well my friends at school totally rips into me about watching anime ~ anything that even remotely hints it aggravates a reply of either:
"they are fricking cartoons!" or "hentai!?" (in a seriously mocking tone)
i usually reply with "you know hell all about it so stop judging it and STFU" while changing the subject completely...
dam some ppl these days who doesnt know how to respect other people's "hobbies"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 05:27   Link #97
holyman282

The fact being, those people have burrowed so deep into conformity that anything out of their norm, they will avidly condemn, I for one won't care what my friends say and will keep watching anime. Once again people are categorised more and more and therefore in your friend's desperate attempt to fit in, they will say these things, my best advice would simply be to tell them to accept it, or if they don't then tell them to stop bitching about it.
Old 2006-12-09, 06:08   Link #98
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I suppose you could find some silly hobby they think highly of and satirize it ... I mean.. how stupid is rugby? (I'm a fan of soccer and rugby.. but it is a silly sport like all sports). Pick a fad they are into --- it is undoubtedly silly, I mean, can you imagine being a grandparent and the kids laughing at old pictures they saw of you in those tent-sized clown pants with the crotch so low you can't walk right? Or those photos of you and your friends posing in those hilarious "gang sign poses"? (wtf is that grandpa? you look like you're having a seizure)

My point is that most of these people are too vulnerable to be throwing stones at anyone else.
Old 2006-12-09, 06:25   Link #99
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
exactally but its only because the majority that like one hobby which then in turn recieve a lot of backup ~ i think cricket is boring but saying that gets 10 ppl who strongly oppose on my back ~ as for the minority ill have to fend for myself >.<

still i wont give in the crusade of trying to persuade some of my friend into not as far as to watch anime but to not object it as an entity ~ then ill get them hooked onto it

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 06:41   Link #100
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
My point is that most of these people are too vulnerable to be throwing stones at anyone else.
Well isn't it that sort of vulnerability that makes ppl want to fit in and isn't that sort of vulnerability that causes ppl pick on ppl different to them, it's cause they are insecure of what they believe in, personally if i really like something i wouldn't give a damn what others say cause i'm confident that i like it and there is nothing anyone can do to change my mind.