AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Old 2007-03-20, 14:51   Link #41
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
It's not that difficult to get Presea or Regal (Presea in particular is easy as long as you keep colette low and make sure to get Presea's special events.) Zelos is tricky if you don't know the right options to pick to boost his affections, but still not that difficult. Not once in the 7 times I've played through the game have I kept the relationship scores
heh, indeed. however, i feel it difficult without any accurate walkthrough or playing like nuts with rheairds
actually, Zelos was the only one i had to start again (i guess i missed 1-2 relasthionship skits)

this system is really not "noob" friendly, since 90% of the time, you end up with colette (due her insane "+1" in almost any answer, and has the very least amount of negative points. and since she is approving most obvious options, duh >_>)
Quote:
Incidentally, I turned the voices off immediately on my first playthrough and haven't turned them on since. I just knew instinctively that they'd suck badly as all dubs do, so I didn't even bother. I prefer to make up my own mind on how they sound anyway.
huho, this is a big too bad, since it should damper a lot the immersion right? (especially the battle but huh)

actually, Zelos' and Regal's english voices are pretty fine. genius is "ok" (a bit too whiny) and refill/Lloyd too.
Kratos sounds suitable, until you understand how he felt about lloyd even before the Tower Revelation. (in fact : he is way too cocky, especially in the battles)
but, colette is really butchered with a winny pitiful voice (she is NOT moe at all with her voice... damnit X_X), and presea is horribly flat (she doesn't sound empty, she does sound flat... and even after her release, bleh...)

frankly, nintendo screwed a lot the dub ~~
Quote:
The only Japanese voice I wasn't keen on was Kratos, who sounds totally different to what I'd expect, and the rest sound different to what I'd expect as well, but not in a bad way.
hahaha, i agree : i was like : HOLY COW, he is TOOO grave/burish.
but he sounds much more like a veteran and a... you know what to lloyd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
Did anyone link this trailer yet? Don't think I've seen it in the thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrQV2TR1-Eo
interesting...
i dunno why, but Mizuki Nana sounded a bit different in this trailer.
Quote:
As for Kratos' voice, I had a look, heh. It is the same seiyuu as Gendou from NGE and Zaraki Kenpachi from Bleach. (lol!) So I can imagine he'd sound a bit rough, considering his looks. =P
his voice powns everything during "SHINING BIND"
Quote:
I haven't played the game, but highly anticipating it anyway. I know of 2 groups planning to sub it, I kinda hope it won't be licensed before it finishes airing.
if you have the opportunity, you should give it a try : if you bypass the possible "deja vu/cliché" feelings, until you don't like RPG, you will like it ^^
Quote:
Anyone know more about the OP and ED? Tried searching for 'Eri Kawai' but it didn't seem to yield many results.
as far as i could search, there isn't any sample yet, though Kawai Eri and Hikita Kaori are listed as singers of the OP and ED respectively.
Old 2007-03-20, 19:14   Link #42
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
watched the trailer im actually looking forward to it
Old 2007-03-22, 00:28   Link #43
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
i was watching a Lineage 2 video on youtube and someguy used KOKIA - Harmony in it, and I like that song very much so I search Kokia - harmony in youtube for more info and find another guy that made an AMV with Tales of the Abyss footage. @_@ wow crazy animation --> google around and learn about the Tales series in Wikipedia and learn that they're gonna release an OVA in 2007 --> search AS and end up here

I watch the trailer and wow, kinda scrapped princess-ish, also the theme song is superb!
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 13:43   Link #44
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Cam Clarke as Kratos in the dub sounded very very good I think. I have a lot of respect for his work in games and TV (He's Leonardo from TMNT by the way, the original) He gave the impression of a weary and experienced man who was unsure of the actions he had taken and was taking now. He didn't try to sound like a freak or anything like 4Kids VA's do, but like a normal person clearly more knowledgable then he appeared on the surface. Everyone else was just okay I think.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 12:22   Link #45
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
http://ova-tos.com/

Update to the site (I think) with info on the 2 DVD editions. Typical 'try to get as much money out of the fans as possible' approach. I had a go at trying to translate it (bored), and managed most though the few kanji left in (or the ?s) are stuff I didn't quite get, or gave up trying to.

Collectors Edition:
①Extravagant Deluxe Storage Box(松島晃氏描き下ろしイラスト使用)
②Bonus Disc [Collectors Edition]

Volume 1 (DVD):
●Extra Anime [Teacher Kratos' Private Lesson (Provisional Title)]
●外崎監督 Interview
●Music Clip
●No Credits OP, ED、Advance Notice PV

Volumes 2-4 (CD) (Contents not yet finalised)
③Audio Commentary (Recorded conversation from the main cast)
④Deluxe 36 page booklet (from the anime character designer)
⑤Picture Label Edition
⑥Present Application Card (Differs with the EX Sphere Edition)

EX Sphere Edition:
①Deluxe Package
②Bonus Disc [EX Sphere Edition]

Voloume 1 (DVD):
●Voice Actor Interview (Konishi Katsuyuki (Lloyd)、Nana Mizuki (Colette)、Tachiki Fumihiko (Kratos) 撮り下ろし)
●Music Clip
●Artwork Gallery

Volumes 2 - 4 (CD) (Contents not yet finalised)
③Audio Commentary (Recorded conversation from the main cast)
④Running Anime Scenario Booklet with each volume (36 Pages)
⑤Picture Label Edition
⑥Present Application Card (Differs with the Collectors Edition)

Comments/criticisms more than welcome
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 04:51   Link #46
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Sweet, thanks Var
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 00:22   Link #47
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Trailer 3 and 4 are out:
3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgEc...elated&search=
4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ILME...elated&search=

Loved the game, and this anime looks its going to be a success too

6/8 release!!! Can't wait!!!
Old 2007-06-04, 02:11   Link #48
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Count down 4 days to release!!!

Anybody buying this??
Old 2007-06-04, 13:06   Link #49
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
I was tempted for a while, but they're too expensive even for my R2J buying standards 7600 yen for one episode plus a couple of extras is way too steep when I'm used to paying 6000ish for 3 episodes (still expensive of course, but meh, I've got used to that now.)

Oh well, looking forward to it anyway Even though the first will likely be the least interesting of the four.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 23:24   Link #50
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Tra-la-la.
Watched ep 1.

Spoiler for Summary:
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 00:10   Link #51
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodachrome View Post
Tra-la-la.
Watched ep 1.

Spoiler for Summary:
Man I demand the sub of this now j/k

Last edited by Ice Climbers; 2007-06-09 at 00:55.
Ice Climbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 04:26   Link #52
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Cappery dumpery
http://www.seiha.org/blog/?p=127

And the bonus disc stuff was classique UFOTable
http://www.seiha.org/blog/?p=126

As a whore for the entire Tales series, I thoroughly enjoyed it. That scene between Colette and Lloyd after the shrine stuff was adorable to the nth. If Sheena and Zelos don't show up in one of the future ones though... I will travel to UFOTable HQ and set fires.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 19:16   Link #53
ArabianSwan
Ureshii ^_^

Send a message via AIM to ArabianSwan
We are working on this project along with umai. Thanks to jiru-kun for doing it ^_^.
ArabianSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 04:18   Link #54
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Whilst the first while of the game (Colete shaped hole in the classroom excluded) didn't have much of a fly for her kutz, i hope the other ovas have a chance for it.

ALso, felt figgure ed. I Hope there's a Full Screen version soon.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 11:11   Link #55
Prolific

Whoa I thought it came out next month. Now I'm really excited to see this.
Prolific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 11:19   Link #56
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

the subbed version of episode 1 is out XD
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 11:32   Link #57
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Just watched the HG-F's version of the first episode. The actual episode was a nice bit of setup, but it was pretty annoying how they oddly mistranslated desians into something wrong and some I guess could consider a mild spoiler word.

It's a crime this is only going to be 4 episodes though. The story and characters are strong enough to cover atleast 26 episodes easily, but I guess ill take what I can get.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 11:40   Link #58
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

^ only four?! >,< thought they would make it a 13 epi(correct me if im wrong, coz its already kinda blurry to me lol) like tales of eternia >,< oh well...
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 12:41   Link #59
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

No, it's 4, being released 2 months apart, so we've got 2 months to wait now till part 2.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 16:48   Link #60
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
It's not that difficult to get Presea or Regal (Presea in particular is easy as long as you keep colette low and make sure to get Presea's special events.) Zelos is tricky if you don't know the right options to pick to boost his affections, but still not that difficult. Not once in the 7 times I've played through the game have I kept the relationship scores

Incidentally, I turned the voices off immediately on my first playthrough and haven't turned them on since. I just knew instinctively that they'd suck badly as all dubs do, so I didn't even bother. I prefer to make up my own mind on how they sound anyway.

The only Japanese voice I wasn't keen on was Kratos, who sounds totally different to what I'd expect, and the rest sound different to what I'd expect as well, but not in a bad way.
It's actually pretty easy to get basically whoever you want. It isn't hardset until the scene late in the game when character come to chat with Lloyd in the winter village. The character with the highest affection will visit and if you turn them away, the next highest... again... turn away for #3, and if you turn #3 away, you're stuck with #4.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote