AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 11 40.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 25.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 14.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 7.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 7.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-25, 13:00   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 13:33   Link #2
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Excellent episode.

A promising introduction for a show with surnatural, intrigue and action as it's forte. And probably still the best episode, thanks to Railgun-tan
Old 2008-11-25, 17:49   Link #3
zetsubou-san
suicidal self-flagellator

Railgun-tan (and her future appearances in both the regular manga and side story) is what makes this show for me. Guess I prefer tsunderes to moe blobs huh...
zetsubou-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 20:01   Link #4
Cinocard

The first ep is truly great. 9.5/10 for me. Nice music, good pacing, clean animation, cool character, new background concept. A pity the following ep just went downhill..
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 12:17   Link #5
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Biri Biri + Rail Gun
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 12:24   Link #6
OkamiNoKaze

Pretty cool Episode. I decided to start watching this series, as season two is coming up in the fall, so I can be caught up. Index is pretty cool, and so is that little teacher
Old 2013-06-02, 21:23   Link #7
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

This may be really late to post anything about this. However, I started Index this past year with this episode. I was really into Full Metal Panic and had just finished watching and then reading that series to completion. I thought that there wasn't anything better.

Then my friend made me watch this episode of Index. I originally said: hmmm... it might be good, but nothing is better than Full metal panic. As the episode progressed, I was like hmmm.... this has promise. I pretended not to like it THAT much. It suffices to say that this happened this past November. Well... Now I have officially read everything that has been translated up to this point in the series. I have watched everything that is possible to watch that is subtitled of Index.

This series is the best series I have ever seen hands down, no joke. This series is the best creation that could possibly exist. This episode is where it all started for me and I'll remember it. The author/creator/maker of this series is a genius and this opening seemed engaging and interesting to me, but it only scratched the surface. I can only say that this episode is a very sentimental episode to me and is a 10/10 with no doubt.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 08:49   Link #8
StaticLord
Non-toxic Mikoto lover.

I have similiar feelings for Raildex, as you. My first contact with Raildex franchise had place in 2011 and I fell in love with it at first sight.

It all started out with Railgun anime, then Railgun manga -> Index manga-> Index anime and finally the LN's.

What sucked me in so much was the conception of the world, big number of characters from which most are badass and a great story cosisting of seemingly not connected smaller plots.
Old 2013-06-04, 09:48   Link #9
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticLord View Post
I have similiar feelings for Raildex, as you. My first contact with Raildex franchise had place in 2011 and I fell in love with it at first sight.

It all started out with Railgun anime, then Railgun manga -> Index manga-> Index anime and finally the LN's.

What sucked me in so much was the conception of the world, big number of characters from which most are badass and a great story cosisting of seemingly not connected smaller plots.
Yeah. The world is just fantastic and most of the characters are just badass. The illusion of seemingly not connected smaller plots is the best part of Index in my opinion. Kamachi just plans everything out in such an amazing way. That's kind of the beauty of it.
Old 2013-06-04, 10:43   Link #10
Ilidsor
Angelerator

As long as this page is being active I'll just take this opportunity to gush about how much I loved the first scene in this series. There's just something about the twist that the hero was saving the delinquents from the lone girl instead of the other way around that made me immediately fall in love with the series. Add to that showcasing Touma's misfortune and his and Misaka's general awesomeness and it was just... I don't know exactly why but I loved it.
Old 2013-06-04, 10:48   Link #11
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
As long as this page is being active I'll just take this opportunity to gush about how much I loved the first scene in this series. There's just something about the twist that the hero was saving the delinquents from the lone girl instead of the other way around that made me immediately fall in love with the series. Add to that showcasing Touma's misfortune and his and Misaka's general awesomeness and it was just... I don't know exactly why but I loved it.
YES! I totally agree with this. This was a really cool plot mechanic. I couldn't tell this was true in the anime though until I actually read the first light novel I just thought he realized Misaka Mikoto was strong at that point until I saw Railgun season 1 and thought (this doesn't make sense) and then I read the first LN.

I just thought it was cool that he was losing the guys without trying to hurt them himself. He was an interesting main protagonist because: "he ran away"
Old 2013-06-04, 10:53   Link #12
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I just thought it was cool that he was losing the guys without trying to hurt them himself. He was an interesting main protagonist because: "he ran away"
Yeah that's another thing I liked. I had seen plenty of anime where the hero refuses to ever run away so it was so nice to see a character who unashamedly ran away when he didn't want to fight.