AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-03-08, 04:01   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 897 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time again! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the info:

-Chapter title is "Pekoms' Cacao Island Escape Plan". The cover ministory introduces us to one of the giants of Hajrudin's pirate crew, Stansen, who's also the crew's shipwright.

-On Cacao Island, both Big Mom's forces and Sanji are anticipating Luffy's arrival. Out at sea, the Sunny has just arrived outside the island, as well. In the mirror world, Pekoms carries both Luffy and Brulee in his arms as he makes his way to the exit. He explains that he'll use his Sulong form to distract BM's forces while Luffy escapes, and soon leaps through the mirror!

-As the three leap out into Cacao Island, in the midst of the horde of enemies, Pekoms takes off his sunglasses. It's at this point that the mink starts morphing, but Oven, seeing through his plan, attacks him, preventing him from fully transforming. The attack also makes him drop Luffy, who's immediately targeted by the BM forces! However, before they're able to finish him off, the rubber man is grabbed by Sanji, who flies him to safety with his Sky Walk!

...Or so it seems. The two don't get very far before they're knocked back to the ground by Big Mom's 35th son, Yuen (who's also capable of walking in the air). However, as the situation starts to become more serious, help arrives in the form of Germa 66! The army blows up the BM fleet surrounding Cacao Island, opening an escape path! Furthermore, Sanji's siblings.... Reiju, Ichiji, Niji, and Yonji.... all land on the island in order to lend a hand to their brother and his captain....!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-03-09 at 14:25.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-08, 11:00   Link #2
Rainbowman

A slowly but surely progress in this chapter. This arc has to end soon.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-08, 11:26   Link #3
SilverGlavenus

^Reminder that the Straw hats hasn't even defeated Big Mom pirates yet. And that's just one Yonkou so far. We still have three more.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-08, 17:10   Link #4
grecefar

no chapter next week?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-08, 17:18   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not much to say. The story is unfolding as expected. Looking forward to Sanji and his family going on a rampage next week!
Old 2018-03-08, 18:00   Link #6
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Hoping half of the soldiers disembark.
Old 2018-03-08, 22:28   Link #7
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
^Reminder that the Straw hats hasn't even defeated Big Mom pirates yet. And that's just one Yonkou so far. We still have three more.
Well, the main objective is to rescue Sanji not defeating Big Mom.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-08, 22:47   Link #8
Rainbowman

Quote:
Ramero is right. Luffy even mentioned that he will defeat Big Mom at a later point which is most likely in an arc after Wano.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-08, 23:01   Link #9
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
no chapter next week?

There will indeed be a chapter next week!

Anyway, with Germa's arrival this chapter, that just leaves the Sun Pirates as the last backup team! I know Praline is busy taking care of BM's underwater security network, but that doesn't mean Aladdin and the rest can't join in on the party taking place on the surface!
Old 2018-03-09, 05:18   Link #10
rladls2121

Well, there's that fortune tell who foresaw Luffy will destroy the Fishman island.
Luffy said to Big Mom that he will make Fishman Island as his own territory.
So maybe Luffy beating Big Mom is around the time Fishman Island becomes relevant?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-09, 06:25   Link #11
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Key notes from chapter:
  • Stansen is the same giant slave that was next to Rayleigh during his introduciton at the Sabaody Auction House; now shipwright of the New Giant Warrior Pirates.
  • Looks like Oven has an Awakened DF.
  • Charlotte siblings know Geppou. Big Mom pirates are pretty good.
  • Did Pekoms' eyes get gouged out or is he just injured? He'll probably survive.
  • Luffy fell asleep while in Sanji's arms. Geez at least wait till you get back to the Sunny.
  • Germa being Germa. No sign of Judge. Still knocked out.
  • No sign of Pudding. Is there still a chance of her leaving WCI with the Straw Hats!?
  • Sanji still hasn't had his "moment" yet. Technically Chopper hasn't either but his role is done for the arc.
Old 2018-03-09, 07:59   Link #12
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

The main event now happens and this is the question from this chapter.
  • Now Germa have to fight two fleet, Charlotte Smoothie's Fleet and Totto Land Grand Fleet. How they will be able to repel both fleet and cover Straw Hats escape?
  • We also haven't got a clue where is Sun Pirates, especially after Jinbe ceded his position of captain to Aladdin due to him joining Straw hats.
  • How the Straw Hats can escape with this situation? This is quite a hard times for Straw Hats to make the escape let alone now they have to fight another High Command again with Smoothie is on the tail.

The objective itself is not completed yet, not until Straw Hats escaped Totto Land for sure. However i estimate that the collateral damage is surely extreme for Big Mom Pirates, possibly to around more than a billion beri because of tons of destroyed stuffs.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-09, 12:40   Link #13
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Wow, poor Sanji. I feel like Oda's been making him a laughing stalk in his own arc, he couldn't even save his captain on his own like he's been promising to make matters worse he gets saved by the people he hated more than anything for how they treated him in the past. I know people say he's not a fighter but a cook and this arc was to help develop his character regarding that once upon a time he used to be a fighter and apart of the Monster Trio, why you be hating on Sanji Oda? Why?

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-09, 14:39   Link #14
marvelB

Okay, edited the summary a bit! Huh, pretty cool that the giant from the Sabaody auction is part of Hajrudin's crew. I wonder if this means that Kashi and Oimo from Enies Lobby are part of that crew, as well?

As for the chapter.... man, poor Pekoms. I really hope that the BM forces haven't succeeded in gouging out his eyes, because I want to see him transform and go buck wild on their asses! Actually, since he's a turtle zoan, couldn't he just hide in his shell? I recall he even boasted his defenses were as hard as diamond in turtle form, as well. Or is he unable to use his DF in his Sulong form? So many questions....

And man, seeing him in action this chapter, now I kinda wish that Yuen was one of the sweet commanders (his face kinda reminds me of Koro-sensei from Assassination Classroom, heh ). Also, if so many of BM's offspring have mastered Geppou, I wonder how many of them have full mastery of Rokushiki? It's mainly been CP agents and marines who've been shown to be Rokushiki masters so far (with Vergo being sort of an exception), so I think it would be pretty interesting to see more pirates who've mastered the martial art. Lastly, I'm still curious as to Judge's whereabouts. It's been several hours since Big Mom knocked him out, so I'd expect him to be awake by now....
Old 2018-03-10, 01:50   Link #15
Kaz_

After failuring once again in his own specially focused arc, I seriously dont think Sanji belongs in Monster assault trio anymore. He has become more of a planning man like Usopp. In fact Robin seems to hold her own way better than Sanji nowadays.

I mean this guy is supposedly to become Benn Beckman of future considering Zoro is in Rayleigh position. He should be able to least hold his own ground against a Shichibukai by now. His last true strong victory was freaking Jyabura.

Its time for Captain to have a small talk about his late performance.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-10, 04:08   Link #16
SilverGlavenus

^I don't think you can really compare Sanji that way. Ben Beckman is second in command of Shank's crew, while Rayleigh is second in Roger's crew, technically they hold the same position.

What makes me sad is that Sanji is supposed to be a rival to Zoro, yet while Sanji had seemingly exhausted all of his skills and abilities, Zoro hasn't even used his full power yet. Infact, apart from Sky Walk and Haki, Sanji might not have learnt anything new at all. I guess having the strongest swordsman as your teacher is a bit overkill.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-10, 04:57   Link #17
Kaz_

Quote:
^I don't think you can really compare Sanji that way. Ben Beckman is second in command of Shank's crew, while Rayleigh is second in Roger's crew, technically they hold the same position.

What makes me sad is that Sanji is supposed to be a rival to Zoro, yet while Sanji had seemingly exhausted all of his skills and abilities, Zoro hasn't even used his full power yet. Infact, apart from Sky Walk and Haki, Sanji might not have learnt anything new at all. I guess having the strongest swordsman as your teacher is a bit overkill.
Oops yea sorry for mistake. Its better to nominate Beckman for Zoro and Sanji for Lucky Roo.

Even than, yes the power difference between Zoro and Sanji seems huge. While Kuma was truly impressed of Zoro, Doflamingo literally laughed at Sanji's desperate struggle. One gets trained by end-game boss Mihawk, while other learns Geppo as a power up.

I really dont expect him to save everyone but to pick my interest back, he should pull the impossible and take down a big shot name like Lucci/Shichibukai/Lieutenant in NW.

In fact Id really hope to see Zoro getting utterly wrecked by an enemy, only for Sanji to protect Zoro and destroy him. That would be badass enough for him to climb back upstairs. It would also bring Zoro back to normal from Godhood.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-10, 05:12   Link #18
J4n1

So far Zoro has not faced any major opponents.
Sanji has fought Doflamingo and a large number of the crew of an emperor.
I doubt Zoro would have faired better than Sanji has.

That said, Sanji has always been the planner of the monster Trio, while Luffy and Zoro are far more likely to buldoze through problems than use cunning.

Hopefully the next arc will force Zoro to push himself to the limit like Luffy and Sanji have.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-10, 05:32   Link #19
The Small One

Well, after all Sanji isn't really a fighter, he is a cook.
I think it would have been a better turn of events, if he used his skills to prepare a snack for Luffy, which made the captain recover immediately, so Luffy could fight his way out by himself.

However, Sanji is also a victim of the storytelling… if his plan to run with Luffy would have gone smoothly, the Germa had no further use, so the author had to let Sanji fail.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-10, 13:43   Link #20
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Technically Chopper hasn't either but his role is done for the arc.
Well, Chopper was the one to beat Brulee which was arguably the turning point of the whole arc.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote