AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-05-30, 14:19   Link #21
Nietzche

Wasn't the ball originally a construction pod for colony use?

Since anything other than Universal Century didn't interest me, my picks for best an worst grunts are:

Best:
Gelgoog (Power was equal to that of the Gundam. But It was given to novice pilots that couldn't bring out it's potential)
GM Command (refined GM)
Zaku II (versatility)

Worst:
Ball (Originally used for construction purposes, A cannon and armors plating were added. Think tricycle with plywood for "armor" and a handgun duct taped to the top.)
Zaku I (Outdated and were rarely used for combat. Construction purposes as well.)

(oh yeah.... Zeig Zeon. >.> <.<)
Nietzche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 14:21   Link #22
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Actually, the Zaku I was used quite often in combat...just not in animation that much. During the mid-to-late OYW, Zaku Is were constantly brought back to the frontline to fill in gaps for Zeon's MS Forces. (The Gelgoog being heavily delayed, tons of prototypes failing and such).
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 09:17   Link #23
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzche View Post
Wasn't the ball originally a construction pod for colony use?
Yup, a space construction and utility pod. They had plenty of them, so they slapped some armor and a gun on them just to get more stuff out there... I agree with your sentiment about it being the worst ^^.

My favourite grunt suit is, without a doubt, the CGUE and the GuAIZ, followed by the Zaku II. There's just something about the sleek yet bulbous lines of the CGUE and GuAIZ...
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 15:10   Link #24
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
Yup, a space construction and utility pod. They had plenty of them, so they slapped some armor and a gun on them just to get more stuff out there... I agree with your sentiment about it being the worst ^^.
Don't forget though...even the worst grunt can be a fearsome opponent in the hands of a skilled pilot, including the ball.

Just look at what Shiro was able to do with the RB-79K against the MS-06RD-4. Managed to stalemate it pretty much. And in Crossbone Gundam: Skull Heart, Umon Samon was a Ball pilot who managed to take out 6 Rick Doms at the Battle of Solomon with a Gundam face-plated Ball.
Old 2007-06-04, 04:24   Link #25
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
For some strange reason anything that Jerid Mesa has ever piloted seems to be some sort of grunt suit...xD

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 14:24   Link #26
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
For some strange reason anything that Jerid Mesa has ever piloted seems to be some sort of grunt suit...xD
Not quite everything. Only the Galbaldy Beta, Hizack and Marasai became standard grunt units. The other stuff was all (pretty strong) prototypes that didn't make it like the Gabthley (too complicated and expensive), Byalant (not enough weaponry) and Baund Doc (Newtype units are always expensive).
Old 2007-06-05, 01:00   Link #27
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
What I meant was grunt suit = always destroyed...as in Jerid Mesa's case...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote