AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-13, 17:07   Link #3181
H23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow5ya View Post
this manga just took a turn for the predictable.

Here's probably how it turned out: After eba met haruto at the festival during her childhood, he's been on her mind ever since, because for some reason the whole childhood friend = love interest idea is a popular romance idea in japan.

After that, she still goes back to tokyo and spends her middle school days there. During middle school, a simple minded guy sees this pretty girl in his first days of school and blushes, thinking "she's cute." since the middle school kid is so direct and simple-minded, he confronts her without much buildup and demands, "please go out with me!" the girl is obviously surprised and thinks the situation is awkward, but cute at the same time. She politely rejects him. The guy is fairly stubborn and headstrong, so he takes it as a challenge and continues to ask her until she says yes. The girl continues to decline his offer, though they do become friends... Until the girl decides to leave for hiroshima. The guy still doesn't give up, and promises that he'll wait for her to come back to ask her out again.

Cue the events of the manga. Eba gets to live with the boy of her childhood dreams, and she couldn't be any happier... Until they go to school and eba realizes that haruto has forgotten eba and has his eyes on nanami now. Eba thinks she's prefectly fine... Though if you had any experience with girls, you would know that when girls say they're fine, they're never really 100% fine about it. At least she still gets to spend time with haruto... At least that's what eba tells herself. Cue her unimportant family drama (seriously, was it ever brought up again after it was all over?). Her parents want her home, but ultimately it's up to eba to decide. She's thinking about it... The only guy she has her eyes on has moved on, so maybe she should forget about haruto too and move back to tokyo. So, being the girl she is and expecting the guy, haruto, to understand her subliminal messaging, nonchalantly brings up the news that she's heading back to tokyo soon. Haruto, being the idiot the he is, says "sure, that's great!" that settled it for eba; she's definitely leaving her hiroshima memories behind. But just as she's mentally preparing to get haruto out of her mind, haruto finally begins showing interest in eba. Eba thinks that she already made up her mind to give haruto up, so she pretends that nanami's brother is already going to the festival with her. Haruto decides to be more forceful, and eba caves. They start going out, even though it's too late for eba to cancel her trip back to tokyo.

Back in tokyo, kazama is overjoyed to see eba back and their routine continues. Eba rejects kazama so routinely now that it never crosses her mind to tell kazama that she's (officially) taken now, and she's happy. Then, shortly before nanami puts her moves on haruto and asks her to be her boyfriend for a day, kazama collapses from anemia one day in front of eba, which shocks her. Eba takes him to a clinic, where she finds out about kazama's disease. When kazama's condition improves, he smiles like always and says "this is nothing!" eba begins admiring kazama for putting on a happy face, even under his circumstances. She starts seeing him in a new light, like as if an unpopular geek suddenly manned up and took a bullet like a hero. Eba finally begins thinking about kazama's confession seriously, but what pushes her over the edge is when she has the whole train fiasco with haruto, then ends up seeing him with nanami.

Sure, she says she's fine with it after haruto explained the situation, but i know that plenty of girls are never actually fine when they say they are. Coincidentally, after that incident, eba brings up the possibility of breaking up, and she never responds to haruto's calls anymore. It's obvious that eba is still hung up on the idea that haruto could still like nanami. Add that to kazama's unintentional guilt-tripping, and eba ends up dumping haruto and going for kazama. The letter stuffed into haruto's sweater doesn't take that long to write. It could be done at the last minute for all we know, since it was just stuffed into a sweater instead of being formally mailed out.

Most likely, eba ended up asking kazama out. Kazama probably thought that his persistence paid off.

It makes perfect sense, but the whole problem i have with this is eba's character. Seo kouji made her a cheerful girl who likes to put up a front to hide her problems back in hiroshima. Now, the mangaka pulls her childhood personality back out from nowhere and turns eba back into a perpetual troubled mope. I'd be fine with this drama if eba at least pretended she was happy like back in hiroshima. I liked it back when she was perky.
....Seo?!

+Rep for you for that, though - I can actually see it playing out very closely to that.
Old 2010-05-13, 17:24   Link #3182
Dorsai

I see there are still people here who can connect facts here Good post shadow5ya...
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 17:36   Link #3183
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

Hahahaha, now that was funny after reading the chapter. It was predictable but I did not thought as much of it, I was more on the side of Eba is just bluffing around about the boyfriend thing to give a better excuse later on....but it was not afterall lol.

Now, Eba is on the road of being called a "bitch" unfortunatetly. She is now hurting both of these guys. Even though we all understand her actions, it is still wrong.

Haruto is only being tortured by Seo Kouji. The poor guy coming all the way down to Tokyo, to hope that what it was written from Eba was a lie but turns out to be the truth afterall. Being depressed, he is getting cheered by a friend that he is considered him as a good friend then eventually his good friend has a health issue and collapses. Being worried, he is still glad that Kazama is safe and then Kazama starts talking about his girlfriend. Speaking of his girlfriend, the good friend of Haruto turns out to be Eba's boyfriend. Poor guy, I feel his pain. But, he is not also good too, he actually takes the hands of Kanzaki pretending to be her boyfriend which is not really "do able"?

Both of them are just dumb, which it makes interesting because nobody is perfect and it's like the real life and that is why we are still reading this manga because it is still intriguing no matter what even though there is a big falldown when Haruto comes to Tokyo.

Now, the big question and obstacle is now Kazama. Do you think that guy is fooling around with these two? If you look actually the way he talks, the way his eyes look at Haruto. It seems like he is playing on Haruto and maybe Eba.
1) Out of nowhere he pops out the idea that Haruto is going to see someone
2) He says that he calls Eba because he wants to make her worry. Isn't it a way to tell amd tp show that he is the boyfriend of Eba but in a discrete way?
3) Each time, he tries to overstate something, his eyes give a look of a "I know everything,
this is why I'm pretending to fool around you now"
He actually seems to be the bad guy over there. Well, he indeed says that Eba did not give him a chance until one day she agreed with it so it would mean due to his illness Eba would probably accept his offer since she is the "care type" of girl.

Anyway, this is driving me nuts and waiting weekly for the chapter doesn't help either. I mean, we wait each weeks to see Haruto being messed around and wasted his time. At least, some of the fanservices were worthwhile...I guess......NOT.
Honestly, Eba was my favourite character; however, by the way she has fallen down to this state, this is just ridiculous. I would completly go say and YEAH I do know WHO YOU ARE BITCH and leave, pack up my stuffs and go take Shiho.
C'mon, I'm pretty sure you guys agree with me that Shiho is the hottest girl and smartest of all of them. <3 If he ever gets Shiho...man I couldn't be more happier than that. Haha. Ok, enough of my nonsense, we all know he will be with Eba.
Old 2010-05-13, 17:42   Link #3184
H23

I'd have to rank the other candidates like this..

Looks:
1.) Shiho
2.) Nanami
3.) Asuka
4.) Akari
5.) Mina

Personality:
1.) Akari
2.) Nanami
3.) Asuka
4.) Shiho
5.) Mina
Old 2010-05-13, 17:47   Link #3185
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I say it's bad writing because the pacing has been pretty horrid for the past 10 chapters or so, and simply changing matters / personalities or having things work out of sheer convenience regardless of the result doesn't sit well with me, especially given with what we've been given thus far. At this point Eba is a cardboard cutout with $2 speaker attached.
How is it convenience? I bet you Seo planned for Haruto to meet Yuzuki's boyfriend months ago. If you mean converience in terms of the story itself, sure it may be but it isn't, as I said, not impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
This manga just took a turn for the predictable.

Here's probably how it turned out: After Eba met Haruto at the festival during her childhood, he's been on her mind ever since, because for some reason the whole childhood friend = love interest idea is a popular romance idea in Japan.

After that, she still goes back to Tokyo and spends her middle school days there. During middle school, a simple minded guy sees this pretty girl in his first days of school and blushes, thinking "She's cute." Since the middle school kid is so direct and simple-minded, he confronts her without much buildup and demands, "Please go out with me!" The girl is obviously surprised and thinks the situation is awkward, but cute at the same time. She politely rejects him. The guy is fairly stubborn and headstrong, so he takes it as a challenge and continues to ask her until she says yes. The girl continues to decline his offer, though they do become friends... until the girl decides to leave for Hiroshima. The guy still doesn't give up, and promises that he'll wait for her to come back to ask her out again.
You know, that is what I think was the deal too. Kazama is totally the kid who never gives up.

Quote:
Cue the events of the manga. Eba gets to live with the boy of her childhood dreams, and she couldn't be any happier... until they go to school and Eba realizes that Haruto has forgotten Eba and has his eyes on Nanami now. Eba thinks she's prefectly fine... though if you had any experience with girls, you would know that when girls say they're fine, they're never really 100% fine about it. At least she still gets to spend time with Haruto... at least that's what Eba tells herself. Cue her unimportant family drama (seriously, was it ever brought up again after it was all over?). Her parents want her home, but ultimately it's up to Eba to decide. She's thinking about it... the only guy she has her eyes on has moved on, so maybe she should forget about Haruto too and move back to Tokyo. So, being the girl she is and expecting the guy, Haruto, to understand her subliminal messaging, nonchalantly brings up the news that she's heading back to Tokyo soon. Haruto, being the idiot the he is, says "Sure, that's great!" That settled it for Eba; she's definitely leaving her Hiroshima memories behind. But just as she's mentally preparing to get Haruto out of her mind, Haruto finally begins showing interest in Eba. Eba thinks that she already made up her mind to give Haruto up, so she pretends that Nanami's brother is already going to the festival with her. Haruto decides to be more forceful, and Eba caves. They start going out, even though it's too late for Eba to cancel her trip back to Tokyo.
Except they didn't start going out until she left for Tokyo. They only had a long distance relationship. Haruto blew the game then, big time.

Quote:
Back in Tokyo, Kazama is overjoyed to see Eba back and their routine continues. Eba rejects Kazama so routinely now that it never crosses her mind to tell Kazama that she's (officially) taken now, and she's happy. Then, shortly before Nanami puts her moves on Haruto and asks her to be her boyfriend for a day, Kazama collapses from anemia one day in front of Eba, which shocks her. Eba takes him to a clinic, where she finds out about Kazama's disease. When Kazama's condition improves, he smiles like always and says "This is nothing!" Eba begins admiring Kazama for putting on a happy face, even under his circumstances. She starts seeing him in a new light, like as if an unpopular geek suddenly manned up and took a bullet like a hero. Eba finally begins thinking about Kazama's confession seriously, but what pushes her over the edge is when she has the whole train fiasco with Haruto, then ends up seeing him with Nanami.

Sure, she says she's fine with it after Haruto explained the situation, but I know that plenty of girls are never actually fine when they say they are. Coincidentally, after that incident, Eba brings up the possibility of breaking up, and she never responds to Haruto's calls anymore. It's obvious that Eba is still hung up on the idea that Haruto could still like Nanami. Add that to Kazama's unintentional guilt-tripping, and Eba ends up dumping Haruto and going for Kazama. The letter stuffed into Haruto's sweater doesn't take that long to write. It could be done at the last minute for all we know, since it was just stuffed into a sweater instead of being formally mailed out.

Most likely, Eba ended up asking Kazama out. Kazama probably thought that his persistence paid off.
Brilliant. I don't think Yuzuki was planning on dumping him until she saw Haruto with Nanami. She had that present that she never gave him after all (which is what I think Rin wanted to show him, the smashed up cake or food item that she bought for him). Everything was probably done very quickly with little thinking on Yuzuki's part.

Quote:
It makes perfect sense, but the whole problem I have with this is Eba's character. Seo Kouji made her a cheerful girl who likes to put up a front to hide her problems back in Hiroshima. Now, the mangaka pulls her childhood personality back out from nowhere and turns Eba back into a perpetual troubled mope. I'd be fine with this drama if Eba at least pretended she was happy like back in Hiroshima. I liked it back when she was perky.
But when did her character change? She has acted like this before, just not for this long or this bad. She still hid her feelings the whole time. I think she was ready to move on from Haruto until he came to Tokyo. She probably got mad at him for ruining her happy future with her new devoted boyfriend, otherwise known as the easy way out.

I would totally +rep you if the system would let me do it again. lol.
Old 2010-05-13, 17:59   Link #3186
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
I think Haruto needs to pull a Wayne Brady on Eba
Is Wayne Brady going to have to choke a bitch?

We need a time skip, with Haruto hanging out with Brady for a chapter, "If you don't smoke this, we have a problem." If anyone can make Haruto man up, it would be Wayne fucking Brady.

+rep for you.
Old 2010-05-13, 18:00   Link #3187
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
This manga just took a turn for the predictable.

Here's probably how it turned out: After Eba met Haruto at the festival during her childhood, he's been on her mind ever since, because for some reason the whole childhood friend = love interest idea is a popular romance idea in Japan.

After that, she still goes back to Tokyo and spends her middle school days there. During middle school, a simple minded guy sees this pretty girl in his first days of school and blushes, thinking "She's cute." Since the middle school kid is so direct and simple-minded, he confronts her without much buildup and demands, "Please go out with me!" The girl is obviously surprised and thinks the situation is awkward, but cute at the same time. She politely rejects him. The guy is fairly stubborn and headstrong, so he takes it as a challenge and continues to ask her until she says yes. The girl continues to decline his offer, though they do become friends... until the girl decides to leave for Hiroshima. The guy still doesn't give up, and promises that he'll wait for her to come back to ask her out again.

Cue the events of the manga. Eba gets to live with the boy of her childhood dreams, and she couldn't be any happier... until they go to school and Eba realizes that Haruto has forgotten Eba and has his eyes on Nanami now. Eba thinks she's prefectly fine... though if you had any experience with girls, you would know that when girls say they're fine, they're never really 100% fine about it. At least she still gets to spend time with Haruto... at least that's what Eba tells herself. Cue her unimportant family drama (seriously, was it ever brought up again after it was all over?). Her parents want her home, but ultimately it's up to Eba to decide. She's thinking about it... the only guy she has her eyes on has moved on, so maybe she should forget about Haruto too and move back to Tokyo. So, being the girl she is and expecting the guy, Haruto, to understand her subliminal messaging, nonchalantly brings up the news that she's heading back to Tokyo soon. Haruto, being the idiot the he is, says "Sure, that's great!" That settled it for Eba; she's definitely leaving her Hiroshima memories behind. But just as she's mentally preparing to get Haruto out of her mind, Haruto finally begins showing interest in Eba. Eba thinks that she already made up her mind to give Haruto up, so she pretends that Nanami's brother is already going to the festival with her. Haruto decides to be more forceful, and Eba caves. They start going out, even though it's too late for Eba to cancel her trip back to Tokyo.

Back in Tokyo, Kazama is overjoyed to see Eba back and their routine continues. Eba rejects Kazama so routinely now that it never crosses her mind to tell Kazama that she's (officially) taken now, and she's happy. Then, shortly before Nanami puts her moves on Haruto and asks her to be her boyfriend for a day, Kazama collapses from anemia one day in front of Eba, which shocks her. Eba takes him to a clinic, where she finds out about Kazama's disease. When Kazama's condition improves, he smiles like always and says "This is nothing!" Eba begins admiring Kazama for putting on a happy face, even under his circumstances. She starts seeing him in a new light, like as if an unpopular geek suddenly manned up and took a bullet like a hero. Eba finally begins thinking about Kazama's confession seriously, but what pushes her over the edge is when she has the whole train fiasco with Haruto, then ends up seeing him with Nanami.

Sure, she says she's fine with it after Haruto explained the situation, but I know that plenty of girls are never actually fine when they say they are. Coincidentally, after that incident, Eba brings up the possibility of breaking up, and she never responds to Haruto's calls anymore. It's obvious that Eba is still hung up on the idea that Haruto could still like Nanami. Add that to Kazama's unintentional guilt-tripping, and Eba ends up dumping Haruto and going for Kazama. The letter stuffed into Haruto's sweater doesn't take that long to write. It could be done at the last minute for all we know, since it was just stuffed into a sweater instead of being formally mailed out.

Most likely, Eba ended up asking Kazama out. Kazama probably thought that his persistence paid off.

It makes perfect sense, but the whole problem I have with this is Eba's character. Seo Kouji made her a cheerful girl who likes to put up a front to hide her problems back in Hiroshima. Now, the mangaka pulls her childhood personality back out from nowhere and turns Eba back into a perpetual troubled mope. I'd be fine with this drama if Eba at least pretended she was happy like back in Hiroshima. I liked it back when she was perky.
So... there is no goddamn reason for Eba shitting on Haruto during the entirety of this Tokyo arc? Because if it's that simple she could have...you know...told Haruto the truth instead of kicking him in the balls again...and again...and again
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 18:08   Link #3188
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
If you mean converience in terms of the story itself, sure it may be but it isn't, as I said, not impossible.
If I'm talking about bad writing of course I'm going to refer to the story.

Even if this was planned out by him months ago or five minutes before he finished the last chapter, the pacing is still horrible and that's why I said it was just convience. There has to millions of people in this city and she just happened to be the girlfriend of the guy that he just happened to become good friends with upon coming to the school.

That's stretching it. I mean really stretching it. Really, really, really stretching it. I'm like talking about skating on paper thin ice here. With those odds philosophy rears its head and you start talking about fate and destiny and all that, but I'm just the reader here, and I'm not stupid. This is horribly convenient for Seo.

And as I said, if it works, it works. If someone's breathing down his neck from higher up telling him that the story's been boring shit up to this point, well now it's not. I (personally) don't think that this makes it good, but in one way or another it's entertaining. Not as much as it used to be, but whatever.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 18:21   Link #3189
cyberdemon

there's possible 90 spoilers up brought up and translated on onemanga forum. They seem legit but nothing is confirmed yet.

Spoiler for 90:

my thoughts
Spoiler for 90:

also it IS possible to get spoilers out this early. negima does is often. So don't throw out the possibility because it's early.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 18:24   Link #3190
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by H23 View Post
I'd have to rank the other candidates like this..

Looks:
1.) Shiho
2.) Nanami
3.) Asuka
4.) Akari
5.) Mina

Personality:
1.) Akari
2.) Nanami
3.) Asuka
4.) Shiho
5.) Mina
I like that list, but sadly Shiho was just a passing fancy Seo tossed in to get Haruto 'cooking oriented' again...

@ cyber, yeah we seen that already from Miles...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 18:24   Link #3191
RisArk

Quote:
That's stretching it. I mean really stretching it. Really, really, really stretching it. I'm like talking about skating on paper thin ice here. With those odds philosophy rears its head and you start talking about fate and destiny and all that, but I'm just the reader here, and I'm not stupid. This is horribly convenient for Seo.
Metal Gear?!
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 18:28   Link #3192
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
If I'm talking about bad writing of course I'm going to refer to the story.

Even if this was planned out by him months ago or five minutes before he finished the last chapter, the pacing is still horrible and that's why I said it was just convience. There has to millions of people in this city and she just happened to be the girlfriend of the guy that he just happened to become good friends with upon coming to the school.

And as I said, if it works, it works. If someone's breathing down his neck from higher up telling him that the story's been boring shit up to this point, well now it's not. I (personally) don't think that this makes it good, but in one way or another it's entertaining. Not as much as it used to be, but whatever.
Yeah, but you can't play that game all the time. I do admit, the chances are one in a zillion, but this is a story and it had to happen. And if it didn't happen like this, we wouldn't had that kicker of her walking in and we would have lost the drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I like that list, but sadly Shiho was just a passing fancy Seo tossed in to get Haruto 'cooking oriented' again...

I'm still rooting for a Shiho return!
Old 2010-05-13, 18:28   Link #3193
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for 90:
Spoiler for 90?:
Old 2010-05-13, 18:32   Link #3194
cyberdemon

Quote:
whoops, didn't realize that lol.

Spoiler for 90:

Quote:
Spoiler for ch90:
Spoiler for 90:
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 18:34   Link #3195
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Reading all of that makes me want to kick puppies into traffic.

The worst part is that almost makes sense, but not enough to not drop kick puppies into traffic.

With steel toe boots.

During rush hour.
LMAO need a partner ill hold you kick

I think the post was well thought out
Old 2010-05-13, 18:37   Link #3196
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisArk View Post
Metal Gear?!
Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake?

Quote:
Yeah, but you can't play that game all the time. I do admit, the chances are one in a zillion, but this is a story and it had to happen. And if it didn't happen like this, we wouldn't had that kicker of her walking in and we would have lost the drama.
Look, all you're doing is acknowledging it, that doesn't excuse it from being convenient, which in turn doesn't excuse it from being bad writing just because it garners more attention.

But (once again) if it works, then it works, that's all there is to it at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
LMAO need a partner ill hold you kick
Sounds like a plan (this made me laugh pretty hard haha).

Quote:
I think the post was well thought out
I humbly agree.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 19:31   Link #3197
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
whoops, didn't realize that lol.

Spoiler for 90:

Spoiler for 90:
I was being sarcastic...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 20:08   Link #3198
ZeKeR
Superbad

tears alone wont undo the great damage you have done..... you knows this eba.....

so the saying of 'regret comes last' is true....

and who is that mystery character.... i think its a new girl or an old one.... probably shiho....
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 20:10   Link #3199
Shadow5YA

Quote:
But when did her character change? She has acted like this before, just not for this long or this bad. She still hid her feelings the whole time. I think she was ready to move on from Haruto until he came to Tokyo. She probably got mad at him for ruining her happy future with her new devoted boyfriend, otherwise known as the easy way out.
At least back then she put on a happy face while hiding her feelings. Since that's gone, you're just left with... an unhappy girl hiding her feelings, which is harder to deal with, as all the raging in this topic proves.

Like I said, everyone had a hand in adding to this big mess, not just Eba. Haruto should have realized his feelings sooner and told Eba not to go to Tokyo. Eba should have been more direct and honest, and Kazama should have either grown up and taken a clue, or he could have... you know, asked what his girlfriend did back in Hiroshima.

Anyway, I don't think Kazama is getting his feelings hurt at all. He's been turned down by Eba who knows how many times since middle school, and that hasn't phased him. He's too carefree to even come close to Eba's disposition.

The ch90 spoilers makes it obvious that Eba thinks that Haruto still has some feelings for Nanami after what she saw at the train station. Why say "Nanami is waiting for you!" instead of "Your friends and family are waiting for you"? If Haruto was a little more assertive, he could have had any girl he wanted.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 20:14   Link #3200
justice009

look like we have to keep on waiting and reading to truly understand A Town Where You live, bt personally i agree with

shadow5ya Text ^_^
justice009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life