Spoiler for 47:
Old 2012-01-23, 08:42   Link #642
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Somehow, I really liked this episode.

Spoiler for Episode 47:

EDIT:

Spoiler for One more thing about the episode:

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-01-23 at 09:08.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 20:35   Link #643
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Kamen Cure Hibiki THE FINAL - Music Makes the World Go Round (Passing the Torch):
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 03:28   Link #644
xizro345
King's Justice

Ugh, ugh, what a terrible finale.

Spoiler for Final episode:

Final thoughts:

This show had big issues: story progression, certain characters, and pacing. It didn't start very well and continued to drag for about 10 episodes, then a somewhat decent arc started, but after it ended the series began to drag again, until the second "revelation" which happened too far in IMO to save the show. Also the final episodes seem too rushed in certain aspects, trying to shoehorn concepts that were just hinted and never discussed.
One of the biggest flaws was the lack of a decent villain for most of the series. It really cheapened all the girls efforts until the "real" one appeared, but by the time it got introduced it was too late.
Character arcs had the same issues, and that's particularly aggravating for Ako, which really got the short end of the stick with dozens of episodes of nothing before her reveal.... Then the show had to make up for it by creating tons of situations to make her up to par.
The story went nowhere pretty early and never recovered. I'm still wondering what they were trying to achieve.
In the end, I think this managed to surpass my dislike for Splash Star: I consider it now the worst series in the franchise for me, and I really hope Smile is better...
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 23:24   Link #645
gsilver

Spoiler for Daw:

So, the show comes to an end, bringing with it a very sweet conclusion. It was well fitting for the show, and
Spoiler for ending:
a lot more emotionally satisfying than it may have otherwise have been. I'm glad the show ended well.

This show has had its ups and downs, and several other issues. The main plot wasn't that big of a draw here (it had its moments, sure, but it was hit-or-miss), the beginning dragged a lot with the first Cure Muse arc, and the villains were never very effective, even if there were delicious cake monsters.

What did pull the show through, was that it had a lot of heart, some great characters, and very good humor. The message of the show is positive, uplifting, and only seldom felt forced. The tsun-tsun paring of Hibiki and Kanade was a good dynamic, and the main characters all went through a lot of development through the show. At the end, Hibiki and Kanade are far different people then they were at the beginning, Ako and Siren underwent even larger changes, and Hummy... is and will always be Hummy. OK, all the characters besides Hummy went through a lot of character development.

In the end, Suite was a good show to make me laugh, make me smile, and generally have a good time watching it. There's nothing earth shattering here, and it does have its problems, but it was a fun show. B+.

Now as for compared to the franchise as a whole, I'd say that it's in a (distant) second place, above Splash Star, and well below Heartcatch. Splash Star also had a better core group of characters, as well as better villains, but it also had more weak episodes. Heartcatch was better all around (especially in terms of villains and story), except for the mascot. No matter how badass Coupe was in Heartcatch, Hummy really stole the show here.

Smile Precure starts next week. I'll be watching it, for sure.

Now that I'm done watching such a fun and sweet show, time to switch back to Future Diary and watch crazy people blow each other up.
Old 2012-01-30, 01:16   Link #646
ShiroiRyu

A good ending for a good serie.
Really beautiful voice for Hummy.

Too many complains i saw here. XD
Old 2012-01-30, 04:09   Link #647
redflame

Hey, I actually liked this episode!

Despite all the boring ones in the past, this one was good. It was a good ending to it . I liked how they still kept their powers.

Excited to see how the story of Smile Precure, unfolds.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:19   Link #648
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I cried..again Guess I'm really bad at things like this

I was hoping for human-form hummy with Seiren singing together..but I guess it won't happen

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 07:06   Link #649
Liddo-kun
is this so?

The screen is small because I watched the episode on a portable dvd player..
Spoiler for but still noticed that Noise:

I give overall score of 8/10 for this anime.
Will miss the Suite team and this show. But it seems to be all wrapped up.. oh wait, there's still the movie!
Spoiler for movie:
Old 2012-01-30, 07:59   Link #650
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
I was wondering about that too. I wonder if the movie timeline is after the anime considering that the preview contained 'angel' Hibiki...

Old 2012-01-31, 07:11   Link #651
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I'm hoping for the movie to be set after the final episode, so there's at least some continuation of the story..
Old 2012-01-31, 20:45   Link #652
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Spoiler for movie:
... hatred ?
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 13:33   Link #653
justsomeguy

Suite Precure review:
* I never did the concept of fairy lands in any magical girl show, IMO the best parts of the genre were the characters dealing with their powers and secret identities while trying to maintain a normal life and working the real world. Whenever Major Land showed up, I thought to myself, "Hey assholes, you guys are the cause of the problems down below! You have a large population, why not send a bunch of people to help, instead of a cat and some sentient gems while you guys sit in green meadows under rainbow skies enjoying yourselves?!"
* I did not like the setting of Kanon Town either. Too happy (no conflict other than the antagonists showing up), and there's music everywhere. Sure, that may be the theme of the show, but a place like that lacks verisimilitude for me.
* I thought that the villains try to do too much at once. Trio the Minor and Siren's mission was to collect the Notes. They outnumbered Hibiki and Kanade, did not need to be in school for half the day, and can actually see the Notes, so they already have an advantage. Yet instead of just collecting the Notes, whenever the Precure show up they sacrifice a Note to create the Negatone, and hang around instead of rushing off and finding more Notes while the Precure were distracted fighting. Instead of distracting the Precure and doing their own thing, they let the Precure distract them instead. It would also be nice if they brought the Notes they've collected back to their base sometime, instead of carrying around jars of the stuff around to be stolen.
* There were a lot of redundant episodes that slowed the story down. How many times did Trio the Minor and Siren try to defeat Hibiki and Kanade by separating them, only for it not to work? How many episodes did it take for Ellen to accept her role as a Precure and work with the other two? Get on with the damn story already, or do something different!
* As masked Cure Muse, Ako used a bunch of attacks that she did not use as Cure Muse true form, until once during the final battle. Why not? Those rainbow keyboard attacks were shown to be effective many more times than Shining Circle or Sparkling Shower.
* Having Dodori be purple while Cure Muse true form be yellow is somewhat sloppy. It sucks that Cure Muse doesn't get a special weapon either.
* There are too many final moves, with the consequence that to introduce the new ones, the old ones must be shown to be ineffective. Personally, I thought that each new attack looked worse than the last. The standard Music Rondo/Heartful Beat Rock was great, and the way the Precure spun the Tone Ring around her waist and fluffy skirt before launching it was awesome. None of the other attacks have that. The most powerful attack, Suite Session Ensemble (Crescendo) looked too slow in the way it was animated, and lacked the impact of something like summoning a giant woman who punches the monster.
* Noise: the idea of a villain who can be saved is good. However, it brings into question how neither Aphrodite, Mephisto, nor Otokichi knew what he really was. Also, I don't like how he was portrayed as invulnerable to practically every attack, it just made it seem that victory was an asspull at the end. I would have preferred a more cerebral villain than one who just tanks everything without actual skill.
* The "sexy" character designs I liked. Yes, I know they're middle school girls.

Final Score: 7/10. It's not awful, but there were a lot of redundant episodes that annoyed me. I suppose the main problem with this show is that it was preceded by a much better one. I'm not completely sure where to rank this one, but I would stick it below Heartcatch and above not-Fresh and the two sequel series. It's definitely better than the KR version, and better than Symphogear (a ripoff?) currently is.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC

Last edited by justsomeguy; 2012-02-02 at 13:49.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 08:09   Link #654
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Also, I don't like how he was portrayed as invulnerable to practically every attack, it just made it seem that victory was an asspull at the end. I would have preferred a more cerebral villain than one who just tanks everything without actual skill.
Spoiler for A little spoiler on Heartcatch final villain:

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-02-03 at 08:37.
Old 2012-02-03, 08:28   Link #655
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

It would be better if Noise manage to hold out for a bit after that angel transformation The way he lose so fast after precure's final form was a bit disappointing

Old 2012-02-03, 14:28   Link #656
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Spoiler for A little spoiler on Heartcatch final villain:
Well, Ryusei Nakao was also Agent Abrera, an alien arms dealer and manipulator who got killed when he tried to fight the Dekarangers himself in one of Super Sentai's easiest final boss fights.

What I had hoped to see was some sort of tactics used during the fight. Having Hummy turn Noise's powers back on himself by jumping right in and purifying Notes was a genius moment. Unfortunately, the writers decided that would not work, and what we ended up with was two (!) powerup forms introduced for a beatdown with raw power. I would have been more satisfied if the writers had Hummy bust out of Noise with a bunch of purified Notes, simultaneously weakening Noise and using the Notes to powerup the Precure to their final forms. Then at least strategy would have played a part.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 09:30   Link #657
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched the Suite precure movie.
Well, I was saving it for watching later, and that "later" is today.

Spoiler for Suite movie:

I enjoyed the show and give it an 8/10.

After having watched a couple of episodes of Smile Precure. Suddenly going back to Suite animation style feels strangely OK.
Old 2012-06-27, 07:28   Link #658
Liddo-kun
is this so?

One last image for the thread.
Spoiler for For those who already watched the final episode.:
Old 2012-07-03, 21:02   Link #659
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Why is there a sudden influx of fan art depicting Cure Peace with THIS FACE popping up on Pixiv?

Seriously, what's the context? Did she just shoot Kyoko or something?
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 22:39   Link #660
Midonin
Last Engage

What's a post about Cure Peace doing in the Suite thread? There's a Smile one in the Current forum.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote