AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-28, 14:08   Link #141
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
There's a theory out there that states that there will be a third planet filled with Shadow angels called Deneb and since Kawamori has an obsession with triangles, it kinda does make sense.

"The three stars that form the Summer Triangle are Altair, Deneb and Vega. And because the Japanese do not have words to differentiate between Stars and Planets, this fits perfectly. Deneb will be the name of the third planet, and the third enemy. "

We're only half way through the series and we're already running out of enemies soo... :/
That makes sense. Chances are in this case that what Mikage wants is to return to Deneb but he needs the solar wings in order to make it happen.

The reveal that Kagura's element is reversal makes me wonder about Amata. His wings are from lineage, something he's had all his life like Kagura's sense to smell. Perhaps it's NOT his actual element. Many thought Kagura's smell was his element which turned out wrong. This makes me wonder if we haven't actually seen Amata's element yet.
Old 2012-03-28, 14:18   Link #142
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Quote:
There's a theory out there that states that there will be a third planet filled with Shadow angels called Deneb and since Kawamori has an obsession with triangles, it kinda does make sense.

"The three stars that form the Summer Triangle are Altair, Deneb and Vega. And because the Japanese do not have words to differentiate between Stars and Planets, this fits perfectly. Deneb will be the name of the third planet, and the third enemy. "

We're only half way through the series and we're already running out of enemies soo... :/
This makes sense, because I'm still wondering if Mykage is the only shadow angel left alive, so he can't be the only one of his kind.

But then you'd have to think, if Mykage could appear anywhere like vega without needed Aquarion to travel, then can't he just teleport to his planet, where the rest of his kind live then?
Old 2012-03-28, 14:47   Link #143
queenSwild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
This makes sense, because I'm still wondering if Mykage is the only shadow angel left alive, so he can't be the only one of his kind.

But then you'd have to think, if Mykage could appear anywhere like vega without needed Aquarion to travel, then can't he just teleport to his planet, where the rest of his kind live then?
He can't just "appear" in Vega, so far, he's only sent projections of himself over, not his real self.
Old 2012-03-28, 15:22   Link #144
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Quote:
He can't just "appear" in Vega, so far, he's only sent projections of himself over, not his real self.
Well, he did appear in the command room, and even Fudo sensed his presence. He managed to knock out the students, and when Donar tried attacking him he blocked him, He managed to kill Jin so I'm pretty sure he can appear anywhere.

He actually traveled their personally, to carry out his plans, and to confront Fudo about the whereabouts of the Solar Wings.
Old 2012-03-28, 15:30   Link #145
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Actually an astral projection of himself.

Otoha would astral project Toma to mess with Apollo and company in Aquarion.

Now that means Toma doesn't have that ability by himself thus Mykage can't be Toma going by that reasoning.
Old 2012-03-28, 21:53   Link #146
mayumi

Is this more speculation or do u think its actually from a magazine?
Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-28, 22:07   Link #147
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Spoiler:
You may as well post the translation as well because only about five of us can actually read what it says to offer an opinion. When I get on a computer I'll say more, I hate writing on a phone.
Old 2012-03-29, 01:35   Link #148
Ypocaramel

"成長の過程" kanji for process of growing up; hey! I like this! I've always said Aquarion is a story of kids learning to grow up
Old 2012-03-29, 01:41   Link #149
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
"成長の過程" kanji for process of growing up; hey! I like this! I've always said Aquarion is a story of kids learning to grow up
I think it mentions that the second half is more about Amata growing up.
Old 2012-03-29, 06:45   Link #150
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
You may as well post the translation as well because only about five of us can actually read what it says to offer an opinion. When I get on a computer I'll say more, I hate writing on a phone.
My translation is just google translate
Old 2012-03-29, 10:40   Link #151
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Well then, if he's gonna be growing up in the second half that's great news.
The last few episodes for the first half seemed to slow down for his character since he pretty much had zero conflict to deal with aside from Kagura showing up.
Old 2012-03-29, 11:56   Link #152
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Spoiler:
Only the part bolded is from interview, the rest are only hope from the quoter But yeah, basically talks about Amata, and the -たち most probably refer to Kagura, Mikono and (VERY hopefully) Zessica finally getting development in the second part. Take it with a grain of salt though, since the interviewee is, well, not a script-related staff.

Summary for the Interview:

Spoiler for Wall'o'Text:

Just to inform you, this interview is from Hirotaka Marufuji, EVOL co-character designer and chief animation director. *Pimps his Mac F-ful--oh and one Kagura's drawing-- personal website.

... I guess I have to admit that I am more interested in whether Chinatsu-sensei is REALLY gonna take next month's Gene magazine Interview. *waits with pure, unadultered expectation for next month Comic Gene*

Old 2012-03-29, 22:13   Link #153
Vena
Carpe Diem

Bonus points speculation:

The crosses that Cayenne sees when Mikono and Kagura wed are the same as the crosses seen behind Fudo in the graveyard in the preview for Ep. 14. (Also take into account that there seems to be a bit of artistic license with Cayenne's visions, so the location need not be identical in appearance.)
And, what do we have next episode? A funeral.
And, what do people wear to a funeral? Mourning clothes.
And, what is a certain villain trying to accomplish? Bring together Kagura and Mikono.
And, who is conveniently on Vega now? Kagura.

So what was Cayenne's vision? The death of Jin and the departure of Mikono, that is to say the climax of the first half of the show. Fits the bill for his visions title: "Vision of Despair".

Yay!

Spoiler for ED the Abridged First Half of EVOL?:
Old 2012-03-29, 23:10   Link #154
miketyson

Wow Vena, that is some top flight speculation, seriously. It all fits together really smoothly in that "obvious in hindsight" way...and with typical pacing it could be spread out over two or three episodes. Perhaps these are the long-rumored shocking events?
Old 2012-03-29, 23:16   Link #155
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Wow Vena, that is some top flight speculation, seriously. It all fits together really smoothly in that "obvious in hindsight" way...and with typical pacing it could be spread out over two or three episodes. Perhaps these are the long-rumored shocking events?
I don't think there's a need to stretch this over multiple episodes because its been stretched out since episode one. If this does turn out to be our heading, then they need to get on it as soon as possible if they intend to give enough time for the affects to have... an affect. And to keep the whole thing from being a dramatically predictable rescue arc.
Old 2012-03-29, 23:18   Link #156
miketyson

It's at least two episodes I'd think: first one is the immediate follow-up and ends on the funeral, shenanigans start up with cliffhanger ending, shenanigans continue next week. "Beasts of Love" being the episode 15 title? Uh-oh...but at least Amata's still the protagonist (for now).
Old 2012-03-29, 23:22   Link #157
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
It's at least two episodes I'd think: first one is the immediate follow-up and ends on the funeral, shenanigans start up with cliffhanger ending, shenanigans continue next week. "Beasts of Love" being the episode 15 title? Uh-oh...but at least Amata's still the protagonist (for now).
You might be right but, just looking at the deceptive preview, how long could the funeral and aftermath really take? I'm inclined to think that what we're shown is the first half of the episode with the second half being the aforementioned rise of Kagura to claim Mikono. The cliffhanger, then, being Mikono's departure.
Old 2012-03-29, 23:28   Link #158
HimeaSaito

Does this mean there going to be a new opening/ending for ep 14-26?????

Ep 15 Should be a more deeper relationship between Kagura and Mikono.
Old 2012-03-30, 00:21   Link #159
Ypocaramel

I thought about that too but the tone - sunset, nostalgic - seems to be somehow off in the preview. It could just be that they're not showing clips from the wedding part yet, but something bothers me. Though I do note I don't see Amata or Mikono in the preview if I remember correctly, so many they are hiding them because someone will get married lol
Old 2012-03-30, 01:32   Link #160
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
I thought about that too but the tone - sunset, nostalgic - seems to be somehow off in the preview. It could just be that they're not showing clips from the wedding part yet, but something bothers me. Though I do note I don't see Amata or Mikono in the preview if I remember correctly, so many they are hiding them because someone will get married lol
---/on---

So... to really spoil the mood of Jin just having dead, Amata and Mikono elope!

---/off---

I think they kept them off screen because most of the start of the episode is going to concern Yunoha, and anything after that would be too much of a give-away. But you're right, that sunset is ominous as it has more than just a meaning of nostalgia. It is a symbolism for death and parting... and a recurring setting for Kagura and Mikono (and Amata to a degree). When Kagura first got his hands on Mikono, his first declaration of love or whatever garbled nonsense he says, was during a sunset and was, for Amata, when that vision kicked in again. (There's actually a lot of foreshadowing to this it seems...)

Random interesting aside that is somewhat relevant (or very relevant):
Kagura has been framed against the setting sun with Mikono, similarly were the scenes for Apollon/Sylvie in the flashbacks/visions/mirror television, or at the very least the sky has all the signs of the sun setting what with that deep red-orange sky, low hanging sun.

Kagura color-coded for sunset.
Amata's color coded for sunrise?* His theme is about rising up, his color is semi-appropriate (his hair), and his power is self-explanatory.
Mikono color-coded for night.
Zessica is color-coded inversely to Mikono for light (and flowers, lots and lots of flowers) and, fittingly, afraid of the dark. (Bonus points for who was her support in the dark.)

*Amata: His only *big* scene was in the first episode and he was backdropped by the sun at his back. His color seems to be sunrise but those eyes... does our sun turn magenta at sunrise? If his eyes are actually amber colored, somehow, then I can see him being sunrise.

Oh speculation is so much fun, I love just pulling meanings out of even the most inconsequential details in the scripts.