AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-06-08, 13:56   Link #1
cc_sakura

#Tv-Nihon SAILOR MOON LIVE #33 MESSED UP.

I didn't know where to post this being the #Tv-Nihon don't have an email address to contact them but #33 just came out it all I get is green boxes and then it errors and shuts down. I have all the codaks and all I have play 1-32 just fine.

Is anyone eles haveing this probelm?

Can anyone let them know?

I even tried DLing it again and it is the same.
Old 2004-06-08, 19:39   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_sakura
I didn't know where to post this being the #Tv-Nihon don't have an email address to contact them but #33 just came out it all I get is green boxes and then it errors and shuts down. I have all the codaks and all I have play 1-32 just fine.

Is anyone eles haveing this probelm?

Can anyone let them know?

I even tried DLing it again and it is the same.
Although you state that you have all the codecs it appears to be a coded problem nonetheless because we can exclude a corrupted file from downloading it multiple times.
I'd try uninstalling every codec, then installing ffdshow only (and maybe Koepi's XVid build). This should solve your problem; if it does not, use GSpot to check if you have the necessary codecs installed.
Old 2004-06-09, 01:12   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The green boxes problem is frequently caused by codec packs such as Nimo. Even though they played episodes 1-32 perfectly, groups frequently change their codec settings and then you can be up a creek. Make sure you uninstall those codec packs and follow _Sin_'s excellent advice.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-06-09, 07:27   Link #4
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Make sure you uninstall those codec packs and follow _Sin_'s excellent advice.
Yes, make sure you do because that _Sin_ guy knows what he's talking about

If you have trouble finding the stuff, post here and I'll look them up for you (although you'll only need to go to the Playback Help Forums and check out the sticky there)
Old 2004-06-09, 09:10   Link #5
cc_sakura

I got in now thanks for all your help.

I uninstalled all codaks and install the ffdshow & xvid
Old 2004-06-12, 00:54   Link #6
chibilyn

Angry I'm having that problem too and plus....

...I have a DVD player that plays mpeg4, and I used to be able to burn them straight to disc. But now it won't recognize #33. Is there anything I can do to burn it?

I'm on a Mac and using VLC, (which won't play the file well either) is there anything I need to DL?

I can view the file using Quicktime, but it bites compared to VLC.
Old 2004-06-12, 06:20   Link #7
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibilyn
...I have a DVD player that plays mpeg4, and I used to be able to burn them straight to disc. But now it won't recognize #33. Is there anything I can do to burn it?

I'm on a Mac and using VLC, (which won't play the file well either) is there anything I need to DL?

I can view the file using Quicktime, but it bites compared to VLC.
I don't know much about Macs and stuff, but did you already try what cc_sakura did to solve the problem? Since it doesn't matter if you have a CD-Rom or DVD drive (you will need the codecs anyway), the same solution should apply to you as well.
Old 2004-06-12, 06:49   Link #8
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:
If the file isn't a divx certified compatible encode, it most likely won't play in your dvd player. Your best bet is to reencode it to meet the divx certified requirements.
Old 2004-06-12, 06:56   Link #9
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flammie
If the file isn't a divx certified compatible encode, it most likely won't play in your dvd player. Your best bet is to reencode it to meet the divx certified requirements.
Umm, DVD players can play avi files? That would be cool
Old 2004-06-12, 09:14   Link #10
chibilyn

Question

Quote:
How can I tell if it's divx certified, and if it's not, how can I encode it?

Yes, there are DVD players that can play divx (mpeg4) now, which wasn't so common two years ago. You could probably find one for about the same price as a regular DVD player.

(However, in the case of BSSM, I needed to watch it in PAL mode so that the subs would be readable, meaning I had to get a multisystem TV to decode the PAL color signal )
Old 2004-06-12, 09:20   Link #11
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:

Yes, there are DVD players that can play divx (mpeg4) now, which wasn't so common two years ago. You could probably find one for about the same price as a regular DVD player.

(However, in the case of BSSM, I needed to watch it in PAL mode so that the subs would be readable, meaning I had to get a multisystem TV to decode the PAL color signal )
GSpot to check and VirtualDub to encode.
Old 2004-06-12, 09:43   Link #12
chibilyn

Question Woe is mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
GSpot to check and VirtualDub to encode.
Both of these, and ffdeshow, are win files. Anything for mac?

I have the 3ivx decoder, which is supposed to do xvid, but it's still choppy.

Plus, doesn't it say in your handy little guide not to install anything further if you're already running VLC?
Old 2004-06-12, 10:17   Link #13
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Both of these, and ffdeshow, are win files. Anything for mac?

I have the 3ivx decoder, which is supposed to do xvid, but it's still choppy.

Plus, doesn't it say in your handy little guide not to install anything further if you're already running VLC?
I'm honored that you that I wrote the Media Configuration Guide . Seriously, GSpot and VirtualDub* are no codecs so you could have installed them if you had Windows, that is .
I'm afraid I don't know anything about Macs, but don't you have a Windows emulator?

*Although VD needs a VFW compatible codec like XviD (Koepi's Build) to use it
Old 2004-06-12, 10:38   Link #14
chibilyn

Emulator wo arimasen >:

I'm more and more tempted to let the next comp I buy be a PC...

I can't be the only mac user on this whole forum! That would be sad. :P
Old 2004-06-12, 11:36   Link #15
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
I'm more and more tempted to let the next comp I buy be a PC...

I can't be the only mac user on this whole forum! That would be sad. :P
You are definitely not the only one, but the more active users who give Tech support got a "normal" PC
Old 2004-06-12, 18:31   Link #16
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:

I'm not an expert on encoding but I think you need to encode it with Divx5, without using GMC or QPel.
Old 2004-06-13, 16:10   Link #17
MarcB

Quote:
I'm not an expert on encoding but I think you need to encode it with Divx5, without using GMC or QPel.
Yes you are right.

You can use DIVX5 and the latest version of XVID to transcode but without the GMC and QPel options turned on.

For example I use Xvid ( http://www.roeder.goe.net/cgi-bin/fe...1-05062004.exe ) , default Xvid settings AS @ L5 profile, Packed bitstream OFF, GMC OFF, QPEL OFF.

If am in a hurry I use the Single pass option with a target bitrate of 1200 kbps. In Virtualdub select "fast recompress" in the Video menu options.

With the above options Sailor moon live action 33 will play fine in my mpeg4 DVD player.
Old 2004-06-13, 18:36   Link #18
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

My problem with this episode is that the video is noticeably slower, and it isn't synced with the audio. I've never had this problem on any of the other 32 episodes.

I downloaded Gspot, and half the time it tells me some codecs are either not installed or are misconfigured. The only codecs I've installed is the latest ffdshow and VirtualDub/VobSub.

And I checked files that I had already viewed with no problem, and Gspot usually told me codecs were misconfigured or simply not there...
Old 2004-06-13, 18:39   Link #19
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
My problem with this episode is that the video is noticeably slower, and it isn't synced with the audio. I've never had this problem on any of the other 32 episodes.

I downloaded Gspot, and half the time it tells me some codecs are either not installed or are misconfigured. The only codecs I've installed is the latest ffdshow and VirtualDub/VobSub.

And I checked files that I had already viewed with no problem, and Gspot usually told me codecs were misconfigured or simply not there...
Are you sure you got only these codecs installed? Did you try uninstalling every codec and then reinstalling ffdshow-alpha only?
Old 2004-06-13, 19:35   Link #20
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I used to use the Nimo Codec Pack, but after I found out all I really needed was ffdshow, I uninstalled ALL of my codecs, then reinstalled ffdshow.