AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2011-08-11, 10:14   Link #2121
Tetsu Aero

Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas are OVA's that are being released in seasons. ^^
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 16:16   Link #2122
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Lulu is certainly a very complex character, but one always have to be prepared to move on. And we most certainly can't dismiss the new cast without giving them a fair chance.

I am not worried about the new main lead. I am more worried about how Sunrise has trouble making extensions of anything non-Gundam. Remember Mai Hime? Mai Otome was suppose to be a direct sequel, but Sunrise gave up mid-production and decided it was too hard, and just made it an alternate world instead. Building a new franchise and large universe is hard work, and I am not sure Sunrise has the guts to pull through consider the past history.
Depends which history we are talking about. If we're talking about the internets anger filled half-truth version of Sunrise's history (basically Code Geass, Mai Hime and Gundam 00 while ignoring everything else) and what they thought about those shows (mostly negative stuff it seems) then yeah they fare pretty poorly. If we're talking about their entire history taking into account all periods from the 70's up to now they fare pretty well when it comes to creating new, successful, popular and even critically acclaimed franchises. Even as of now Tiger and Bunny is on a roll over in Japan.

Personally I really can't think of any other studio that does it better and at the moment as their president Kenji Uchida said in an ANN Inside The Studios special they really have no real competition when it comes to creating new franchises that are successful.

TL;DR: The internet has a habit of grossly over-emphasizing Sunrises polarizing shows while completely ignoring everything else they try to do for themselves and for the industry itself. Also I know it's probably a hopeless suggestion, but can't we try actually waiting for actual content for a change before we start tossing out too many predictions and before everybody climbs aboard the doom and gloom train?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 10:14   Link #2123
Xander

Only a little bit of extra information and it's obviously subject to change, but I'm assuming we'll get more details next month. If this is actually accurate, however, it does seem like a direct-to-video release is likely, making this the equivalent of an OVA, in practice, regardless of how many episodes are involved.

Quote:
Amazon Lists Code Geass Gaiden DVD for November

The Japanese arm of the online retailer Amazon lists a DVD for the previously announced Code Geass Gaiden Bōkoku no Akito project with a November release date. Amazon's listings do not necessarily indicate definite release plans or dates, and the DVD entry is not listed by a distributor.

The Megahobby figure website's listing for a new Lelouch figure noted that "because of a new Code Geass series slated to start this winter, demand for the figure will undoubtedly rise."

Masayuki Ozaki, the General Manager of Overseas Development at the anime studio Sunrise, confirmed at Otakon last month that the studio is "looking forward to releasing" the new Code Geass anime project next year, although its production is behind schedule. Ozaki referred to the new project as the "next season of Code Geass" and noted that its director is Kazuki Akane (The Vision of Escaflowne, Noein - to your other self).
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...d-for-november

EDIT: Looks like they removed the Amazon page, which means it was either leaked too early or just simply incorrect.

Last edited by Xander; 2011-08-30 at 08:16.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 08:01   Link #2124
konart

Not so Akito news, but:

Quote:
On Saturday, the inaugural issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype Ace magazine is revealing the launch of a new Code Geass project called KMF Variation with a manga series in the magazine. The project will feature customized versions of the popular robotic Knightmare Frame mecha from the Code Geass anime franchise.

The Gundam anime franchise has spawned similar spinoff projects, under the umberella name "Mobile Suit Variation" or "MSV," that explore different variants of the franchise's mobile suits that were previously unseen in the anime. Some of the variants would eventually be animated in later television, film, and video projects.

The magazine also reports that the Code Geass Gaiden: Bōkoku no Akito anime project is still in the works. Masayuki Ozaki, the General Manager of Overseas Development at the anime studio Sunrise, confirmed in July that the studio is "looking forward to releasing" the new Code Geass anime project next year, although its production is behind schedule.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ect-with-manga
Old 2011-09-11, 11:16   Link #2125
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Only a little bit of extra information and it's obviously subject to change, but I'm assuming we'll get more details next month. If this is actually accurate, however, it does seem like a direct-to-video release is likely, making this the equivalent of an OVA, in practice, regardless of how many episodes are involved.
It could possibly be an OVA that might come out before the tv series, an Episode 0 so to say. The Megahobby figure website's listing mentioning Winter is interesting though... obviously if this is a TV series it won't be airing in the same slot as R2 since Gundam AGE will have it.. bur wouldn't it air in that late night powerhouse timeslot MBS have? Which is where Geass 1 aired as well as other massive hits like Macross Frontier and Madoka... I think Shana 3 will have that slot from Oct-March...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Depends which history we are talking about. If we're talking about the internets anger filled half-truth version of Sunrise's history (basically Code Geass, Mai Hime and Gundam 00 while ignoring everything else) and what they thought about those shows (mostly negative stuff it seems) then yeah they fare pretty poorly.
You know.. people are obviously going to talk about shows they've actually watched... so of course the more popular ones like SEED, Geass, Hime, 00 etc will get mentioned. The average anime viewer would have a far greater chance of watching those shows as opposed to Planetes, Scryed, Infinite Ryvuis and Crest/Banner of the Stars.

It's the equivalent of people who call shounen battle manga/anime crap because Naruto and Bleach are the biggest names in the Western world. It doesn't matter how good Hunter X Hunter and Kekkaishi are when most people haven't seen them in the first place. As for their past history it's kinda meaningless when talking about how they've done recently.. the Sunrise of the 1980's isn't in charge now.. heck most of the top staff of Sunrise from the 90's is @ Bones now anyway.. but regardless what's the point of brining up past glories when what matters is who is working on it now.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 13:51   Link #2126
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It could possibly be an OVA that might come out before the tv series, an Episode 0 so to say. The Megahobby figure website's listing mentioning Winter is interesting though... obviously if this is a TV series it won't be airing in the same slot as R2 since Gundam AGE will have it.. bur wouldn't it air in that late night powerhouse timeslot MBS have? Which is where Geass 1 aired as well as other massive hits like Macross Frontier and Madoka... I think Shana 3 will have that slot from Oct-March...

You know.. people are obviously going to talk about shows they've actually watched... so of course the more popular ones like SEED, Geass, Hime, 00 etc will get mentioned. The average anime viewer would have a far greater chance of watching those shows as opposed to Planetes, Scryed, Infinite Ryvuis and Crest/Banner of the Stars.

It's the equivalent of people who call shounen battle manga/anime crap because Naruto and Bleach are the biggest names in the Western world. It doesn't matter how good Hunter X Hunter and Kekkaishi are when most people haven't seen them in the first place. As for their past history it's kinda meaningless when talking about how they've done recently.. the Sunrise of the 1980's isn't in charge now.. heck most of the top staff of Sunrise from the 90's is @ Bones now anyway.. but regardless what's the point of brining up past glories when what matters is who is working on it now.
Cause it helps build perspective? Going by what your saying it sounds like we should never reference the past ever. Feel free to stick to that along with this bizarre tendency to follow me around the board and be butthurt about what I'm saying wherever you go, but don't expect me to unless you can provide better reasons to go with your way of doing things.

Like seriously I don't even understand why you are arguing this point from such an opposite perspective other than to simply be combatative for the sake of being combatative. If what you're trying to imply is that what matters is what they are working now than that's all the more reason not to care about what I said in my post. In fact I kind of tend to agree that each project should be viewed with a somewhat independent perspective from past ones, but I also think it helps to keep the past in mind going forward and to apply it where appropriate. If you can't understand that point of view that's fine by me, but please at least do the courtesy of allowing me to have it.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-09-11 at 15:11.
Old 2011-09-12, 14:20   Link #2127
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Often, a new anime connected with old one, not show nothing about the old one.

I think the new code geass will be one of these, because is a "merchandise production" then restyle old characters/mecha is always out of question.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 02:56   Link #2128
zalem

lol, been so out of it lately I just found out about this now. When I first saw this I was very aggravated because honestly I think the series left off at a good point. Any character after Lelouch just isn't going to work for me. At the same time I believe in keeping Lelouch dead, so bringing him back is out of the question. However, now that I know this is actually more of a prequel story that does make it more palatable to me. I'm doubtful this main character can live up to Lelouch for me, but hopefully he is interesting and all the other new characters are entertaining. It has the potential to be decent since it's a different, stand alone story from the original.
Old 2011-09-13, 03:15   Link #2129
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Cause it helps build perspective?
What Tomino did in the 80's has no bearing on what Akane will do in 2012. How Sunrise handled franchises in the 70's has no bearing on how they've handled them in the last 8 years.

Quote:
Going by what your saying it sounds like we should never reference the past ever. Feel free to stick to that along with this bizarre tendency to follow me around the board and be butthurt about what I'm saying wherever you go, but don't expect me to unless you can provide better reasons to go with your way of doing things.
You say this like you didn't talk about Ryo and KuroKami (Gotta save that Sunrise reputation!) in the Guilty Crown and Horizon threads after I mentioned them... I guess the difference between us is that I quote the text I have an issue with instead of trying to be cute and indirectly mention it.

Quote:
If you can't understand that point of view that's fine by me, but please at least do the courtesy of allowing me to have it.
Aren't you the guy who tells people who call Sunrise shows trainwrecks to stop posting in those threads? If you want people to give you the courtesy of having an opinion than do the same yourself, practice what you preach.

A negative opinion is just as valid as a positive one, surely you the Anti-KyoAni crusader would know that
Old 2011-09-13, 13:58   Link #2130
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
What Tomino did in the 80's has no bearing on what Akane will do in 2012. How Sunrise handled franchises in the 70's has no bearing on how they've handled them in the last 8 years.
You don't seem to be listening at all here. I already said that I agree that most shows that aren't part of a franchise are best viewed with an independent perspective, however I think ignoring the past outright is simply taking the path of ignorance.

Quote:
You say this like you didn't talk about Ryo and KuroKami (Gotta save that Sunrise reputation!) in the Guilty Crown and Horizon threads after I mentioned them... I guess the difference between us is that I quote the text I have an issue with instead of trying to be cute and indirectly mention it.
What are you even on about at this point? Like what is your point? I suggest picking one and sticking to it. You don't seem to understand, I'm hear to enjoy myself and have discussions with people, not be extremely petty about other people's posts. Piece of advice, stick to the topic of the thread being discussed as opposed to being vague about whatever grudge you hold against a person from another thread if you want to receive a more clear cut response. Had you brought this up in the proper thread at the proper time I would have had an answer for you, but that answer has no place here so I'm not about to bring it up.

Quote:
Aren't you the guy who tells people who call Sunrise shows trainwrecks to stop posting in those threads? If you want people to give you the courtesy of having an opinion than do the same yourself, practice what you preach.

A negative opinion is just as valid as a positive one, surely you the Anti-KyoAni crusader would know that
Okay I think we're done here. You clearly have a hard on grudge as opposed to any real point of value to make for the sake of the thread and I'm just again not willing to entertain anymore at this point for the sake of the stability of the threads we share. Time to find something else to do Westlo.

P.S: I tell all people who offer little of value in their posts other than negativity and standoffishness that they may want to consider not posting anymore. I extend the same invitation to you as of now.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-09-13 at 14:33.
Old 2011-09-14, 04:50   Link #2131
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
You don't seem to be listening at all here. I already said that I agree that most shows that aren't part of a franchise are best viewed with an independent perspective, however I think ignoring the past outright is simply taking the path of ignorance.
Yes ignoring the past outright is not the way to go about things but your blind faith in a company due to what they did 20 years ago isn't any better... it should also be obvious which factor is more pivotal for a current project. The equivalent of what you're doing would be if Laker fans in 2015 telling themselves they'll make the finals because we won titles in 09 and 10 while ignoring they were in the lottery the last 3 seasons. Their recent results are obviously a bigger factor than their championship pedigree.

Quote:
Piece of advice, stick to the topic of the thread being discussed as opposed to being vague about whatever grudge you hold against a person from another thread if you want to receive a more clear cut response.
Once again shouldn't you follow your own advice? You're the first one to go off topic in our dialog.. but hey I would too if I didn't have a proper rebuttal I mean c'mon Kaio 80% of my post was about how people will judge what they've actually watched and you don't mention that at all, decide to focus on a minor part of my post and included @ few jabs at me.

Nothing in my first post on this page was based on you at all, it was 100% focused on what you actually wrote. The only reason I came into this thread was due to the news about a Geass OVA, saw your typical "Why people hating on Sunrise" defense and explained to you why most people use the shows you named. If anyone else had posted that I would've explained it to them in the exact same way. My post was 100% on topic whereas this otoh

Feel free to stick to that along with this bizarre tendency to follow me around the board and be butthurt about what I'm saying wherever you go, but don't expect me to unless you can provide better reasons to go with your way of doing things.

Is exactly the thing you're just gave me a piece of advice off not to do. Typical behavior from yourself though. Say act like this but don't do it yourself.

Quote:
Time to find something else to do Westlo.
Maybe I'll watch shows I know I won't like and make negative posts/blogs about it since everyone else is wrong for liking it and I'll be the only one who knows the truth.

Quote:
P.S: I tell all people who offer little of value in their posts other than negativity and standoffishness that they may want to consider not posting anymore. I extend the same invitation to you as of now.
You throw out these blanket statements to anyone who criticizes your precious Sunrise shows, stop with the revisionist history.
Old 2011-09-17, 07:32   Link #2132
rinichan

Akane is the new director of this Boukoku no Akito right. So I expect that there are romance section on his/her wings. Just remember his/her old titles there are love stories in it.

Lets not judge Boukoku no Akito yet coz if I'm not wrong the tv series is good for 2012. Theyre already on the go for it.

About news from it I heard they are gonna release statements in October based on the last news I saw.
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 10:36   Link #2133
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
Akane is the new director of this Boukoku no Akito right. So I expect that there are romance section on his/her wings. Just remember his/her old titles there are love stories in it.
That seems like a fair enough conclusion, especially considering the only two characters we know of sure look like they're going to be the main pairing here. Aside from the typical romance angle, however, I'm wondering what sort of conflict they will introduce to try and make things a little more interesting between them.

We should keep in mind that Code Geass was never really focused on romance, to be honest, in either season. There were a couple of episodes where it was important, but in the long run that wasn't anywhere on the list of priorities for the story.

Last edited by Xander; 2011-09-17 at 11:04.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 19:11   Link #2134
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
We should keep in mind that Code Geass was never really focused on romance, to be honest, in either season. There were a couple of episodes where it was important, but in the long run that wasn't anywhere on the list of priorities for the story.
It was said that the romance was to be transferred over to Code Geass R2 initially. However, I would assume that the romance would have been in place if the show kept its late-night timespot. Since the second season was changed, the romance was dropped from the story. Overall, I agree that Code Geass never focused on the romantic development of the characters. And they did kill off Suzaku's love interest and killed off Lelouch's love interest as well.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 11:32   Link #2135
konart

2012 Calendar preview is out, and so are some new character designs

Spoiler for image:
Old 2011-10-09, 13:45   Link #2136
Sol Falling

Wth Cornelia. w00t for Shirley, my birthday is even in that month. As for the new character designs, we've seen the ones for November-December, but I like the new girl in 9-10 a lot. Incidentally, given that placing, does that mean that Akito Gaiden is set to air in fall of 2012?
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 13:51   Link #2137
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Wth Cornelia. w00t for Shirley, my birthday is even in that month. As for the new character designs, we've seen the ones for November-December, but I like the new girl in 9-10 a lot. Incidentally, given that placing, does that mean that Akito Gaiden is set to air in fall of 2012?
Nothing official yet. Depends on how many episodes Gundam Age will have.
Old 2011-10-09, 14:08   Link #2138
Razziell22

Love all the images with the girls ...besides maybe Cornelia O_o but still Lulu x C.C<3 & yeah my birthday is in that month as well how nice the new characters look pretty nice, I think i'm gonna like the girl with the blond long hair, but we will see
Old 2011-10-10, 00:20   Link #2139
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Really like the Lelouch and Kallen picture. Hopefully the characters in Akito turn out well.
Old 2011-10-10, 08:11   Link #2140
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
2012 Calendar preview is out, and so are some new character designs

Spoiler for image:
I think Cornelia X Lelouch was one of the few pairings Code Geass didn't hint to.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha