AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-10-13, 14:13   Link #941
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
Asu ne houkou is pretty damn epic. Every time I hear it I just want to go destroy a hostile alien race.
It definitely is, but.. 0-GRAVITY is also really, really good.. x:

We need the lyrics for 0-GRAVITY translated ASAP. But dat damned Engrish.. D;
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 16:05   Link #942
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
It definitely is, but.. 0-GRAVITY is also really, really good.. x:

We need the lyrics for 0-GRAVITY translated ASAP. But dat damned Engrish.. D;
I love both just as much. Love Step is pretty good too and moving when you pay attention to the lyrics. I think I prefer it more than Muv-Luv by a small margin. Its really catchy especially the chorus. As for 0-Gravity, I may attempt to translate it sometime tonight or tomorrow once I'm done with a pile of school work unless someone else volunteers to do it.

Oh, and it seems today is the captain's birthday.

Images
Valkyrie 1
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-10-13 at 16:27.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 19:38   Link #943
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Taii!!!

Fucking BETA.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 19:39   Link #944
Ray
Garnet

Hot Captain is Hot. Happy Birthday, Hot Captain.

Fucking BETA, indeed. -_-
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 21:15   Link #945
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Type-94 has posted his review on the Soviet arc
http://type94.wordpress.com/2012/10/...eclipse-11-14/

What I got from this is that the anime actually did flesh out things that were left hanging in the novels, such as the parts with Yui and the Railgun, and the last moments of the Zhar Battalion (Mother Russia ;_; The Boss... The list of Patriots goes on...) which I was wrong in blaming the anime for giving it such a tragically blunt end, since in the novels its even blunter...

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 21:15   Link #946
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Y'know, I have to say that I'm actually liking Total Eclipse. *shrug* Anyway, was rereading TSFiA, specifically "The Tyrant's Rise." I find it interesting that while the stereotype for Americans is dakka dakka dakka all the way, there are also units that train to teach melee, like the 65th Aggressor Group (IRL they're a squadron and one of Red Flag's aggressor squadrons). It's a paralell to the debate between BVR and dogfighting; standard doctrine is BVR, but depending on the unit dogfighting is stressed (cf Navy and Marines at the start of Vietnam vs Air Force, also refer to the conclusions from Rolling Thunder, in which USAF chose to improve missiles and hardware, while Navy decided to form Top Gun).

Basically though, you need to be good in both, because the situation is ever changing.

Also, while it wasn't as melee optimised as the YF-23, the EMD F-22A is no slouch in melee. Probably the extra manuverability and thrust give it advantages...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 21:29   Link #947
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Taii!!!

Fucking BETA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Hot Captain is Hot. Happy Birthday, Hot Captain.

Fucking BETA, indeed. -_-
Well, at least she's alive and doing well in other "places". When I think about that, it kinda eases the pain a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Type-94 has posted his review on the Soviet arc
http://type94.wordpress.com/2012/10/...eclipse-11-14/

What I got from this is that the anime actually did flesh out things that were left hanging in the novels, such as the parts with Yui and the Railgun, and the last moments of the Zhar Battalion (Mother Russia ;_; The Boss... The list of Patriots goes on...) which I was wrong in blaming the anime for giving it such a tragically blunt end, since in the novels its even blunter...
It'd be great if the upcoming VN will shed light on it. It probably will, right? Considering its the complete version after all. Its also exciting when you think about what kind of goodies will come with it. Maybe a pv for the next chronicles? I'm dying to know what happens next on TDA, damn it. It'd be nice if we can get Schwarzesmarken segment or maybe the Euro Front like in Chronicles 02.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 01:12   Link #948
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Looks like we have a real life "Sonic Baron" now:
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...-jump-20121015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Well, at least she's alive and doing well in other "places". When I think about that, it kinda eases the pain a bit.

It'd be great if the upcoming VN will shed light on it. It probably will, right? Considering its the complete version after all. Its also exciting when you think about what kind of goodies will come with it. Maybe a pv for the next chronicles? I'm dying to know what happens next on TDA, damn it. It'd be nice if we can get Schwarzesmarken segment or maybe the Euro Front like in Chronicles 02.
Spoiler for TDA:

And Yes, really looking forward to what we get in the upcoming VN... hopefully the PC would not be delayed too long past the console releases... A TSFiA VN series would just Make My Day...

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-10-15, 05:37   Link #949
EmagEvil

... Just finished Alternative last saturday morning at 03:00 AM(didn't pause because there's so much suspense), now i know why a lot of fans don't like it, it's so darn sad...

... And just after i'm more curious about the characters, so i played Muv Luv Extra, did 4 endings(Sumika, Meiya, Tama & Class rep) until now!
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 06:57   Link #950
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmagEvil View Post
... Just finished Alternative last saturday morning at 03:00 AM(didn't pause because there's so much suspense), now i know why a lot of fans don't like it, it's so darn sad...

... And just after i'm more curious about the characters, so i played Muv Luv Extra, did 4 endings(Sumika, Meiya, Tama & Class rep) until now!
play the unlimited for maximum emotional impact ...... ( Heck It was for me ..... especially when song at the end played ... I learned the lyrics .... shed tears a bit
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 07:07   Link #951
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Looking forward to the PS3 release of ML this month.

Old 2012-10-15, 09:18   Link #952
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmagEvil View Post

Typo?

If we don't like it, there's no way a lot of fanboy gathering here!
Old 2012-10-16, 08:04   Link #953
EmagEvil

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Typo?

If we don't like it, there's no way a lot of fanboy gathering here!
Sorry, i formulate it wrong, i mean fans of Muv Luv in general find it too brutal and depressive compared to the previous opus...

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-16, 09:00   Link #954
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
First photos from Mars... we're fucked...
Images
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
chill out. Someone is cleaning them up over there as we speak.

Images
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrulnin View Post
What the heck?? we're doomed man!!

Are you sure that somebody up there are doing their job right??
Discussions can continue here.

Now is the time for someone to say "Game Over Man, Game Over"

Actually what was bugging me since the end of Alternative was,
Spoiler for Nightmare fuel:

Old 2012-10-16, 10:11   Link #955
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

I think in the MLA VN or MLU was it most of plant and animal life are dead obviously other 5 billion plus dead might explain shit load beta material on earth

as for moon and mars .. that it this up in the air ... are mining for isotopes , quartz ,rare earths ? used on technology and energy are BETA organic mining machines
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_earth_element

just speculation
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 01:36   Link #956
Dragonkid11
A random-man

I'm sure that Mars has a lot of carbon too,just that there's no life on it now

But I doubt that Moon has a lot of BETA,moon is made of a freak stellar accident.Most of the carbon will get burn away in the form of CO2 and since moon cannot hold atmosphere...

Hell,maybe if America sent more men up there maybe moon will not be taken by BETA and caused the Muvluv universe we know today

I also wondering what happened to other elements such as iron and silicon,are they mined and used as catalyst to make G-elements?Or are they also get sent in space pod to the Creator's homeworld
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 02:25   Link #957
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Good news, TE VN has a release date for the consoles 28 Feb 2013. So about 2 months after the planned end date of the anime we get the complete story, though no news on PC release for those of us using machine translators...

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/16...8Siliconera%29

Old 2012-10-17, 03:44   Link #958
EmagEvil

I did all endings in Mul Luv Extra, and i learned why Mahimo's ending is a bad one, i just lol'ed...

... Now playing(watching i mean?) the Unlimited, strange that my 1st try i met Meiya before the opening, but on the second try it's Kei i met...
Old 2012-10-17, 03:53   Link #959
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Good news, TE VN has a release date for the consoles 28 Feb 2013. So about 2 months after the planned end date of the anime we get the complete story, though no news on PC release for those of us using machine translators...

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/16...8Siliconera%29
What do you mean the complete story?

Do you think the anime isn't going to be concluded properly or complete where the novels left off at the end of Vol 5?

Old 2012-10-17, 03:55   Link #960
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
What do you mean the complete story?

Do you think the anime isn't going to be concluded properly or complete where the novels left off at the end of Vol 5?
It might have an anime original ending, or stop at the same point. Its pointless to say anything right now.

By complete it can also mean all the parts that got cut out of the anime, and parts added to flesh out the parts of the LN that is lacking.

Aliens Colonial Marines is releasing on 12 Feb 2013 as well, so I'll have something to blast aliens with while waiting for the PC release.

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-10-17 at 04:06.

Tags
eroge, military science fiction, yuimoto