AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-12, 04:40   Link #901
blewin

finally! now that Wakana is officially joining the club, the anime can finally concentrate on developing the other characters more, Wien for example. wanna see more of him other than his lack of sensibility.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 04:49   Link #902
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Quote:
finally! now that Wakana is officially joining the club, the anime can finally concentrate on developing the other characters more, Wien for example. wanna see more of him other than his lack of sensibility.
THIS! I want to more about Wiens background and also still curious about that letter as well.
Old 2012-08-12, 10:36   Link #903
Freeter
beyond

Wakana finally joins everyone in the ED. Too bad the harmony is ruined by the bad editing of Badminton playing with his shuttlecock

Spoiler for 07:
Old 2012-08-12, 19:34   Link #904
Excorsism

Spoiler for Episode 7:

Last edited by Excorsism; 2012-08-12 at 19:45.
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 19:59   Link #905
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Spoiler for episode 7:
Old 2012-08-12, 20:31   Link #906
Midonin
Last Engage

たりたり♪♪ 07 - Sharpen! Blade of the Beast

You can totally have singing and a hero show at the same time! The group should listen to Wien's suggestion on this one. And since Wien believed them about the white rhino (a rather clever bit of Japanese wordplay, if I say so myself), I am now picturing Wien as GekiChopper, and there is little the can be done to stop me. The whole hero motif Wien's got going for him makes me for what his eventual character song will be.

(The show's getting two albums full of character song-y goodness, in addition to the insert song album.)

While it's true Sawa's profession is indeed a gamble, and not fully a creative art, I still side with her on this one. There's a lot to be said for doing what you love. She's a lot more emotional than Wakana about it, but her problems might also take less episodes to overcome. Like, two, three at most. I continue to love Konatsu as a character. Her completely misreading Sawa's signals, and her idea for a musical, are both a lot of fun to watch.

Really, they should go with the musical hero show idea.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 20:40   Link #907
sikvod00

Badminton-dude: "Girls are scary..."
Indeed. Many of the females in episode 7 were sort of... not nice.

Last edited by sikvod00; 2012-08-12 at 20:59.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 22:09   Link #908
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

SAWA!!! MY PRINCESS!!! NOOOOO

T.T

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 22:15   Link #909
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep7:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 23:00   Link #910
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep7:
Spoiler for Ep 7:
Old 2012-08-13, 01:20   Link #911
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for Newtype scan:
Old 2012-08-13, 02:17   Link #912
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't think TT is capable of not being pleasant and amusing, but that was definitely a couple of steps down from the Wakana arc. Quite predictable both in turning to the requisite Sawa arc and in the way it played out, and there was actually a lot of recycled stuff in the episode. Best part was the interaction between Wakana and her Dad. Sadly, Wien and Taichi development is still on the side of the milk carton.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 03:29   Link #913
Blonto

This show feels somehow different than normal anime. The humor and the characters feel more natural. I was surprised to see the girls fantasize about some more self-centric things (Konatsu about telling off the teacher, Sawa about being awesome on horseback), because recently I just watched too many anime where the characters do things only for the sake of plot or the main character. Also a lot of the humor felt unusually subtle for an anime, which I like.
The character designs are awful though. The way the eyes are drawn makes them look like they pierced their irises and I still can't tell Sawa and Wakana apart. Making noses visible to naked eye wouldn't hurt either. Seriously, what's with anime and lack of noses recently?
Also the happy ED can sometimes really clash with the preceding scene.

Last edited by Blonto; 2012-08-13 at 05:13.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 04:46   Link #914
Blaat

A rather boring episode, with some interesting humorous moments in between. I for one am hoping Sawa arc is only two episodes.
Old 2012-08-13, 05:44   Link #915
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Personally, I loved this episode.

Granted, I get how the Sawa arc may seem a bit formulaic after the Wakana arc, but I'm just glad to see a weaker/troubled side to Sawa given how strong and efficiently happy-go-lucky she has tended to come across in Tari Tari so far. This arc is already off to a great start in rounding out Sawa's character by adding some greater depth and humanity to a character that was already very charming and stylish and somewhat cool.

And I truly love all the little things in Tari Tari. All of Konatsu's little moments of playfully acting out, the subtle humor, the little quips and small bits of body language that can say so much with such style and grace. This show has such charm and character to it.

And while Taichi and Wien haven't received much development thus far, I really am starting to get a sense that they just might be going somewhere special with all of these little Wien bits. I was pretty skeptical of that before, but I can't shake the feeling that a show as well-written as this one wouldn't allow all of these interesting narrative bread crumbs to become a figurative bridge to nowhere.

So while I don't want to get my hopes up, I also have this strong sense that Wien's unique position, strengths, and overall disposition may eventually be key in solving a major conflict that arises later on. And that in so doing Wien will finally gain the place of belonging that he still sort of lacks within this group.

So given that my two favorite characters in this show are Wien and Sawa, it should be little surprise that I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I'm definitely looking forward to more.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-08-13 at 06:38.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 06:27   Link #916
Dextro
He Without a Title

I don't know but I didn't particularly enjoy this episode. Maybe it was the fact that it's my beloved Sawa-chan that's going on a overly drastic diet regiment in order to get her weight down to competitive riding levels (with mandatory forced throwing up if you didn't get the hint) that got me to rage or maybe it was just my mood at the time but I thought the Sawa drama was just a tad overblown.

But I'm withholding judgement so far because after what they did to top off the Wakana arc they deserve every benefit of the doubt I can spare. Also: the Konatsu comedy moments were absolute gold as always even if they hinted pretty hard that she might still have some troubles coming up (with the Vice-President and her old club).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
And while Taichi and Wien haven't received much development thus far, I really am starting to get a sense that they just might be going somewhere special with all of these little Wien bits. I was pretty skeptical of that before, but I can't shake the feeling that a show as well-written as this one would allow all of these interesting narrative bread crumbs to become a figurative bridge to nowhere.

So while I don't want to get my hopes up, I also have this strong sense that Wien's unique position, strengths, and overall disposition may eventually be key in solving a major conflict that arises later on. And that in so doing Wien will finally gain the place of belonging that he still sort of lacks within this group
That's important to point out to everyone claiming Wein hasn't had (much) character development. He has but it's been very subtle and slow burning so far. They've also laid down some heavy hinting on this last episode that he's having issues integrating within the school. He's constantly left out and people don't pay much attention to him (coupled with all the extra classes he has to take) and he's feeling lonely. Then there's the letter and that "flashback" a couple of episodes back that shows he's been acting tough for someone else's sake (and for his sake as well I reckon).

Wein is slowly turning out to be a moderately interesting character. Let's hope this keeps up.
Old 2012-08-13, 06:45   Link #917
Bombo
TSF Fans

Finally Wakana joined in ED ...
She so cute and sawa with her hilarious comments in the club .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 06:45   Link #918
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Episode 7:

Spoiler:

I like how they now sing together at the ending theme.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 06:54   Link #919
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Another great episode. I'm happy they decided to explore Sawa's issues so soon, as she's my favorite character in the series. She gained a lot of depth in this episode.

Thankfully, this episode wasn't all drama and there were lot of humorous moments. Now that Wakana has officially joined, the girls have the numerical advantage and use it to bully the boys more than ever. Poor Wien seems to have truly believed their lies
The part where Wakana and Konatsu threw a barrage of insults at Taichi made me laugh harder than I should have ("Idiot!" Insensitive!" "Scum!" "Scum!" "Idiot!" "Scum!)".

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Spoiler for episode 7:
Bwahaha, so true
Konatsu is such an entertaining girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
Spoiler for Ep 7:
Jockeys need to be very light, that's why Sawa was dieting. She was probably told by whoever it is she wrote to that she is over the weight limit and therefore can't hope to compete professionally. It's not that she's fat, she just doesn't have the proper physique (she is tall and naturally "well endowed"). Unfortunately for her, passion is indeed not enough to succeed in that field. She will most likely have to give up on her dream, I'm very curious to see how that will handled next week.
Old 2012-08-13, 08:37   Link #920
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I don't know but I didn't particularly enjoy this episode. Maybe it was the fact that it's my beloved Sawa-chan that's going on a overly drastic diet regiment in order to get her weight down to competitive riding levels (with mandatory forced throwing up if you didn't get the hint) that got me to rage or maybe it was just my mood at the time but I thought the Sawa drama was just a tad overblown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Jockeys need to be very light, that's why Sawa was dieting. She was probably told by whoever it is she wrote to that she is over the weight limit and therefore can't hope to compete professionally. It's not that she's fat, she just doesn't have the proper physique (she is tall and naturally "well endowed"). Unfortunately for her, passion is indeed not enough to succeed in that field. She will most likely have to give up on her dream, I'm very curious to see how that will handled next week.
Just touching on both points, the one thing I guess I'd say I didn't like was how sudden the diet thing started. I think it's fair to assume Sawa knew weight requirements, so it would have been nice to see her 'dieting' start before this episode. But maybe that's just me nitpicking. Perhaps she did try and now only started drastic measures. Or perhaps that book/magazine/letter finally told her exact weight requirements.

But yea, I still really liked this episode. Even though last week was hard to follow, it did good. Wakana's recovery was shown well. Konatsu being Konatsu. And Wien getting some extra scenes. And of course Sawa goodness and like someone else already mentioned, the part where she's imagining herself riding proper but she's only practicing is golden to me.

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works