AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-01-13, 20:03   Link #141
RaistlinMajere
Now in MHD!
*Fansubber

I'll take a look sometime this weekend. For now, 4.3.5.1 is up fixing a crash on minimize.
RaistlinMajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 18:52   Link #142
RaistlinMajere
Now in MHD!
*Fansubber

Er, how are you opening those? Layer-Per-Syllable is to be opened with File->Load Project (and that works fine on my end), and notebox is actually not supposed to be opened by the user at all.
Old 2007-01-16, 18:56   Link #143
Harukalover
In exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaistlinMajere View Post
Er, how are you opening those? Layer-Per-Syllable is to be opened with File->Load Project (and that works fine on my end), and notebox is actually not supposed to be opened by the user at all.
Open project works. >_>

I used to open Layer Per Syllable through Load Effects Files and it had worked at a time. But then on the previous update it broke for me. (4.3.5)

But since Open Project works just fine don't mind this. Was fault of user instead. Thanks anyway.

Oh and about the Notebox.xml. I haven't used it yet so was just seeing if you can open it through that and had not read up on how that works yet.
Old 2007-01-16, 19:00   Link #144
RaistlinMajere
Now in MHD!
*Fansubber

It automatically loads that one. The main effects file (which is a normal XML file, but named .exml to avoid confusion) is also loaded automatically, but you can load a second effects file, which is different than a project file. When you add an effect to a karaoke file, in the list, Transformation and Move are things that come from effects.xml. You can add other stuff like that in the file if you want.
Old 2007-06-17, 18:57   Link #145
jongu
To Ride On Little Lolis

barehand ftw, hmmm I think its at version 8.1.3 now tho still now GUI hahhahahha
jongu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 20:59   Link #146
tlynnec
LLE, Live-evil, DB Staff
*Fansubber

forgive the stupid question

Ok, forgive me in advance for the stupid question, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere... Is there a basic "how to use this tool" guide available anywhere? random experimentation seems to be getting me nowhere fast, lol.
tlynnec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 05:55   Link #147
cyth
Banned

There's an HTML file included with each package...
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 13:04   Link #148
tlynnec
LLE, Live-evil, DB Staff
*Fansubber

yes there is, and its great for explaining the variables/conditions and how they are used. But what it doesn't explain is how to set up a basic project in the first place, for those of us who've never worked with a conditions-based program before.

I'm using this tool for the karaoke effects and i love what its capable of, but trying to determine how many layers i need and how to properly use the conditions is like pulling teeth.
tlynnec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 15:51   Link #149
RaistlinMajere
Now in MHD!
*Fansubber

Just as a note, I don't really check this site much these days, but I had a couple of privmsgs about SSATool:

-It's been GPL since last year. It's in Aegisub's SVN repository. Check out the source for Aegisub and SSATool comes with it.
-I haven't worked on it in a while. It's got some bugs that I really ought to get to fixing, too. Mostly minor.
-Feel free to work on it. You can email me or contact me on IRC about changes you've made. Describe them and provide a patch and if I like the idea, I'll commit it to SVN and perhaps release a new build. You can of course distribute your own modified builds yourself, just please make it obvious it's not an official build.
-I don't think it'll work with Mono yet. I used some Windows DLL hooks for the listview derived control I use. If you guys have a better alternative, let me know.

I'll fix my email address listed on my site now as it has been pointed out as being broken. I'm Dansolo on Rizon.
Old 2008-01-31, 12:11   Link #150
portia_isabel
o(≧∀≦)o confused?

wait people kept saying read me read me file and help option there isnt any on mine....T_T
portia_isabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 14:51   Link #151
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Is the GPL version available in .7z?
N-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 17:43   Link #152
jfs
Aegisub dev

Do you mean whether there is a pre-built binary from the now-GPL'ed source code on the Aegisub repository, or are you asking for a copy of the source code in a 7zip archive?

For the former, the answer is (probably) no, and the changes since the last binary built before SSATool was made GPL are very minor, I don't think there's any real changes or bugfixes actually.
For the latter, if you're going to use the source code you should have an SVN client installed anyway. A development system is not complete without an SVN client.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 18:00   Link #153
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Thank you!
N-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 19:24   Link #154
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
Thanks for the hard work!

Man... I still use the program for effects! Thanks for all the work Raist!

PS... My wife and I are expecting another child. Deidryt's hope of a replacement "in-house" Typesetter might come to fruit =p
SCR512 is offline   Reply With Quote