AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2011-08-09, 23:02   Link #1
supremebull

conversion of anime files to mp4

hi all,

i'm looking for a conversion process that will allow me to convert mkv files to mp4 hardsubbed files that I can play on my htc desire.

used to have a one-click process with xvid4psp 5, and the results were great since the typesetting and the subs were all burnt in.

but with the latest CCCP versions (from 2010-10-10 onwards), xvid4psp 5 crashes whenever opening a video file, perhaps due to incompatibility with the latest versions.

have tried using xvid4psp 6, but apparently it doesn't use the CCCP filters anymore, and hence am unable to burn in subtitles.

anyone out there has an easier solution to converting anime mkv to mp4?
Old 2011-08-10, 10:50   Link #2
sneaker

handbrake
To burn in the subtitles go to the subtitles tab, select the track, tick "Burned in" and click "Add".
Old 2011-08-10, 14:03   Link #3
calorie

You could also try SUPER. The interface takes some getting used to but it gets the job done, I used it for converting .mkv to .mp4 for my iPod Nano 3G.
Old 2011-08-18, 07:55   Link #4
RedSwirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
handbrake
To burn in the subtitles go to the subtitles tab, select the track, tick "Burned in" and click "Add".
This has been working for me for a while now, but for some reason problems occur once I start inputting files larger than 4GB (like movies). Most of the time the output file just comes out completely unusable. I found out about the "Large File Size" box to check, but Handbrake crashed during conversion and resulted in one file where the audio/video were out of sync by about a minute, and another unusable file.

Any help you guys could give me with Handbrake?
Old 2011-08-20, 22:32   Link #5
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

@RedSwirl

get the latest nightly builds of Handbrake from here -> https://build.handbrake.fr/
Old 2011-08-21, 15:22   Link #6
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... do any of these apps work equally well with the Hi10 audio format? I vaguely remember people telling me conversion tools might have to get an overhaul because of the switch....
Old 2011-08-21, 20:18   Link #7
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Hi10p is video-related only.

Whether the app requires an upgrade or not depends entirely on the app. A new decoder is needed, but some apps use DirectShow decoders, which are common for the entire system (so if you upgrade them, all apps that use them gets the new decoder automatically).
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2011-08-21, 20:24   Link #8
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Hi10p is video-related only.

Whether the app requires an upgrade or not depends entirely on the app. A new decoder is needed, but some apps use DirectShow decoders, which are common for the entire system (so if you upgrade them, all apps that use them gets the new decoder automatically).
Sorry ... meant video ... my bad.

Could you recommend any decoders to mp4 that you know work with Hi10?