AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-29, 23:17   Link #1041
Kurohane

^ But the kid had blue eyes
Old 2013-09-30, 08:51   Link #1042
Key Board
Carbon

Well. let's do this

Long PV

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15...r-4_shortfilms

New lines starting around minute 0:50

Haruto: For now we have no choice but to fight. Even if it is a curse, it's a necessary power
Haruto: There's a lot of things I want to know. About Valvraves, about the reason for the war, and also, about myself.
L-Elf(to Haruto) The contract has already been done. You will always be a someone that lives by preying on others.
Kibukawa: The period between attacks spasms are shortening
Saki: Liar! How can something like this! (She is referring to Haruto being caged)
Shoko: I'll protect the place that everyone can return to
Marie: A friend of a friend is friend. That's what Shoko would say
Pino: Life(your life?) will vanish one day
A-Drei: Don't you think it's destiny?
L-Elf: Feel free if you want to run away. But know that the world will go on without changing
Haruto: If I don't fight, Shoko and the others will..
Cain: Shall I give you a gun salute? ::BANG::
Haruto: Even if I avert my eyes and run away, the world will not change. This curse.. let's us be the ones that end it.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-09-30, 10:31   Link #1043
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

- Looks like Hito's new weapon can switch between a fist and a claw
- L-11, Saki, Haruto, Kibukawa seems to be seperated from the rest.
- Looks like the rest arrived safely at the moon.
- ANOTHER one of those destruction satellite, I hope not.
- Haruto's condition is becoming so much more worse. Caging? seriously?
- Haruto shaping up to be the next self-sacrificial protaganist.
Old 2013-09-30, 10:46   Link #1044
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

It's got the fist from Wonderful 101
Old 2013-09-30, 10:56   Link #1045
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Well. let's do this

Long PV

Haruto: For now we have no choice but to fight. Even if it is a curse, it's a necessary power
Haruto: There's a lot of things I want to know. About Valvraves, about the reason for the war, and also, about myself.
L-Elf(to Haruto) The contract has already been done. You will always be a someone that lives by preying on others.
Saki: Liar! How can something like this! (She is referring to Haruto being caged)
L-Elf: Feel free if you want to run away. But know that the world will go on without changing
Haruto: Even if I avert my eyes and run away, the world will not change. This curse.. let's us be the ones that end it.
Best PV for Valvrave. Okay, Nanami Rion is confirmed alive, and the heck Marie seems sad while talking of Shoko to Akira. Just like Haruto, she probably thinks that Shoko is preoccupied with more important things than pulling some pranks, and yeah, a friend of a friend is friend, not always the case though. ^_^

It's so effin' messed up. Haruto has to replenish runes by assaulting others. Would he replenish more if he is to rape anybody than to bite a person?

And Pino is talking again. Is he referring to Cain or Haruto? -_- Could it be that if you don't fulfill and satisfy your kamitsuki urges, you'll die in return. . . Poor Saki, it's obvious that she really loves Haruto and suffers seeing him loosing his humanity and sanity.
Old 2013-09-30, 11:07   Link #1046
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
- Haruto shaping up to be the next self-sacrificial protaganist.
great but then again i would expect nothing less from the writer of code geass and guilty crown

also it seems to me that saki is the one most upset about haruto being caged and not haruto himself
Old 2013-09-30, 11:20   Link #1047
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
great but then again i would expect nothing less from the writer of code geass and guilty crown

also it seems to me that saki is the one most upset about haruto being caged and not haruto himself
Haruto probably realizes that it's for the best. This way he doesn't have to worry about attacking anyone.
Old 2013-09-30, 11:52   Link #1048
Fjoergyn

L-Elf seems to know about the violation of Saki.
Old 2013-09-30, 11:54   Link #1049
Xander

Quote:
Forgive me for pointing out the obvious...but do you realize that the circumstances in all three shows couldn't be more different, even in this respect?

The endings were also considerably different for each main character.

All the PV indicates is that Haruto is willing to shoulder the burden. Not necessarily "self-sacrifice" in the literal sense.

But since people love jumping to conclusions, I guess it's necessary to point out even supposedly obvious stuff.
Old 2013-09-30, 12:10   Link #1050
Frontier

I'd be shocked if Haruto manages to make it out of the series alive. It's not that I want him to die, far from it, but with what's happening to him and the precedents set by Okouchi in his past works I don't see him surviving all this.

I wasn't expecting Valvrave I's new claw upgrade to give it a giant fist attack. That's pretty awesome . Hopefully it gets a great debut.

If the time between Haruto's episodes are getting shorter and shorter, to the point where they have to lock him up, I have to wonder how he's going to function around the others. Considering how worried Saki looks, and how she appears to hate how they're treating him, I could see her willingly offering her body to Haruto so he doesn't have to worry about running out of Rune and attacking other people.

As fun as Marie's interactions with Akira look, I'd rather see Akira get to interact more with the other Valvrave pilots.
Old 2013-09-30, 13:58   Link #1051
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Shoko still in the PV show no sign of being worried or even know about Haruto's condition...
Old 2013-09-30, 14:18   Link #1052
Kurohane

Quote:
Well. let's do this

Long PV

Thanks for the translation, KeyBoard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
Best PV for Valvrave. Okay, Nanami Rion is confirmed alive, and the heck Marie seems sad while talking of Shoko to Akira. Just like Haruto, she probably thinks that Shoko is preoccupied with more important things than pulling some pranks, and yeah, a friend of a friend is friend, not always the case though. ^_^

It's so effin' messed up. Haruto has to replenish runes by assaulting others. Would he replenish more if he is to rape anybody than to bite a person?

And Pino is talking again. Is he referring to Cain or Haruto? -_- Could it be that if you don't fulfill and satisfy your kamitsuki urges, you'll die in return. . . Poor Saki, it's obvious that she really loves Haruto and suffers seeing him loosing his humanity and sanity.
Lol, I was going to say the same thing about Rion. You beat me to it.

Well, in hindsight, it always suspected that a Magius has to replenish, by feeding on others. Whether, you actually have to assault others or have some round about way is anyone's guess. Imagine Cain having to attack others.

Bolded: And Haruto doesn't look like he'll realize it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'd be shocked if Haruto manages to make it out of the series alive. It's not that I want him to die, far from it, but with what's happening to him and the precedents set by Okouchi in his past works I don't see him surviving all this.

I wasn't expecting Valvrave I's new claw upgrade to give it a giant fist attack. That's pretty awesome . Hopefully it gets a great debut.

If the time between Haruto's episodes are getting shorter and shorter, to the point where they have to lock him up, I have to wonder how he's going to function around the others. Considering how worried Saki looks, and how she appears to hate how they're treating him, I could see her willingly offering her body to Haruto so he doesn't have to worry about running out of Rune and attacking other people.

As fun as Marie's interactions with Akira look, I'd rather see Akira get to interact more with the other Valvrave pilots.
You also have to wonder when this lock up first takes place, because Saki is in her school uniform when she first sees it. This has to happen very early.
Old 2013-09-30, 14:22   Link #1053
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

So.... VVV2 isn't doing anything? Kind of a bust. Only two weeks left to go before it re-airs.
Old 2013-09-30, 14:43   Link #1054
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Forgive me for pointing out the obvious...but do you realize that the circumstances in all three shows couldn't be more different, even in this respect?

All the PV indicates is that Haruto is willing to shoulder the burden. Not necessarily "self-sacrifice" in the literal sense.

But since people love jumping to conclusions, I guess it's necessary to point out even supposedly obvious stuff.
i know its not the same even in the self sacrifice respect, it does not mean i have to like the fact he is using this self sacrifice theme again even if it is different, i was expressing my displeasure that it looks like its going to happen and the fact its author used the self sacrifice theme before and i should have expected it to happen
Old 2013-09-30, 16:00   Link #1055
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
i know its not the same even in the self sacrifice respect, it does not mean i have to like the fact he is using this self sacrifice theme again even if it is different, i was expressing my displeasure that it looks like its going to happen and the fact its author used the self sacrifice theme before and i should have expected it to happen

Okouchi loves making use of death as an escape for his main characters' suffering. It's either they die first getting hated on by many or they die without getting acknowledged for their heroic deeds.
Romance is otherwise another form of *******t escape. If you won't get to have a happy ending then, just sacrifice yourself in a meaningful way. ^_^
Old 2013-09-30, 16:58   Link #1056
Fjoergyn

It is possible that this scene is after the rescue Saki, seems to be separated from the rest.

Saki was imprisoned Really?
Old 2013-09-30, 17:18   Link #1057
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
It is possible that this scene is after the rescue Saki, seems to be separated from the rest.

Saki was imprisoned Really?
no haruto is the one imprisoned while also being studied
Old 2013-09-30, 17:28   Link #1058
Fjoergyn

Quote:
no haruto is the one imprisoned while also being studied
I mean if Saki was taken by Dorssia, something tells me that scene with Cain is much later.
Old 2013-09-30, 18:19   Link #1059
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Well. let's do this

Long PV

Your effort is acknowledged. Thank you for taking your time to translate it.

Yup, these last few weeks before its return are really eating away at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post

Dude, that's reading too much into it. The general idea is to put the MCs in a situation where their death will prove to benefit something greater.

Lelouch = The world.
Inori = Saving Shu's life & the world.
Haruto = Ending the curse? (That's of course if he does die)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Shoko still in the PV show no sign of being worried or even know about Haruto's condition...
It's better this way, ignorance is bliss. What she doesn't know, won't affect her ability to lead the people.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-09-30, 18:23   Link #1060
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
It's better this way, ignorance is bliss. What she doesn't know, won't affect her ability to lead the people.
Very true. But what happens when she does eventually find out?