Drill Drill Drill

No Code Pizza?
Old 2007-12-29, 17:03   Link #22
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s[H]sIkuA View Post
No Code Pizza?
In Spring I'm afraid. Doesn't qualify for this list.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 18:43   Link #23
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
I'm confused. Is the Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien OVA the start of a new season? I was under the impression that it was a standalone OVA alternate ending.
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 18:56   Link #24
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
This new season doesn't interest me much, with the main exceptions being a few shows that are sequels to series I haven't watched (Gunslinger Girl) or haven't yet finished (Aria, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei) and one series that's continuing through (Clannad).

I remain tentatively interested in Wolf and Spice due to the awards given to the source material and H2O solely because the writer in charge of the anime adaptation pulled the same duty for Rozen Maiden and sola (two shows that I loved his work on despite the severely irritating flaws that were almost certainly attributable to him).

I'm really curious about the new Minami-ke. A remake of the first series, which was directly taken from the manga? Why remake it? Why remake it and LEAVE those stupid MOUTHS that only worked in Ichigo Mashimaro?! Nonetheless, aside from the unnecessary and really awkward fanservice of the manga, I liked the manga better than the first anime (which I haven't finished), so I'll watch and see if it does it any better.

Series I don't really have an interest in but will keep an eye on:
I wasn't interested in Rosario+Vampire until I read others raving about it. Edit: Checked out the manga, and my disinterest continues. Great character designs and beautiful artwork, but no substance I could find--first volume seems to get by on fanservice.
I'm not interested in Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de, but it's so ridiculous in concept that I have some strange hope that it might work.
Porfy no Nagai Tabi is a prime-time show which means it's either really good, really bland, or really childish. Shimamoto Sumi was Nausicaä, though, so I'll hope for the "really good" option.
Hatenkou Yuugi has an curious description, but I don't see anything to interest me, so I'll watch the reviews.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.

Last edited by Kyuusai; 2007-12-29 at 23:26.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 19:19   Link #25
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Persona: trinity soul. Game based fighting stuff? I'm not so convinced.
I know anime adaptations of games are most of times kind of crappy, but Persona 3 was one of the most original RPGs in terms of style I've seen in a long, long time. I don't know if it will be carried over to the anime adaptation, though.

As for this season, I'm really not interested in anything but ARIA The Origination, Shigofumi and perhaps Rosario+Vampire... but Winter and Summer seasons are always sort of "in the middle" points for short series to appear, contrasting with the usually more crowded and varied Spring and Fall seasons. It's always a nice time to either stick with the "main tanks" of April and October, or watch series that have already aired. I myself have a long list of those to watch, so I guess I'll be finishing those up in the meantime.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.

Last edited by WanderingKnight; 2007-12-29 at 19:31.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 20:37   Link #26
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcruz1014 View Post
I'm confused. Is the Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien OVA the start of a new season? I was under the impression that it was a standalone OVA alternate ending.
It's the start of an OVA series. A 3 episode series to be exact. And it's not so much an alternate ending of the tv series, as it is a continuation of one of the game's alternate endings.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 21:32   Link #27
LemonLimeIntestines
Intestine muncher

I have doubts on H20 ~ Footprints in the sand~...the storyline doesn't sound to great. I'll have to check it out later.
LemonLimeIntestines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 22:04   Link #28
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Gunslinger Girl and potentially Persona are the only things that mildy interest me. Luckily I still have lots of 2007 series and Star Trek DS9 to lead me through until Macross Frontier in April and other Spring Series. Basically everything I'm interested in checking out doesn't air until Spring.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 22:40   Link #29
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Winter 2008 is such an abysmally weak season that I am left in despair. Luckily, there is still that one series starting in that season that still allows me to pack my travel kit for it; Zoku: Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. That's the only sure addition to my current diet of CLANNAD and Gundam 00.

Other than that, the only other thing that remotely interests me would be Shigofumi.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 07:35   Link #30
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Will Add To my list
* Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de - [01/05/2008]
Old 2007-12-30, 07:36   Link #31
kucigaromeo
Hell Kitty
*Fansubber

Definitely will watch ARIA:The Origination and Zoku Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei.
Gunslinger Girl II without Nanrietta seems wrong but at least will watch the first episodes. So does Kōshinryō to Ōkami, even the original source won a prize its done by studio that produce the frisbeeable cosprayer.
Others will wait positive reviews, but another KimoBozo and another Aa! Megami-sama do not want.
Spring 2008 will definitely better there's Hidamari Sketch x365.

my anidb list: http://anidb.net/u224323
Hidamari Sketch, Arts of Innocence
kucigaromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 15:07   Link #32
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well if spring includes Haruhi season 2 in its line up, that with Code Geass season 2 automatically owns every other season that year.

Anyways, how was the original gunslingers? This may be the only thing I pick up out of this new season.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 03:58   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So here we sit in the Winter Season. Honestly not a ton that have jumped out at me as must see. So may have to follow my plan of seeing a few episodes from just about everything and figuring out what I'll follow throughout.

I'll be keeping an eye on Persona just because I really enjoyed Persona 3. Thought it was a great RPG and the story was interesting right until the end. Hope there will be more of a tie in to the characters than just the setting. Of course anything more said as to why would probably spoil the game itself.

Rosario to Vampire has at least left me curious. Not sure exactly how it will turn out but seemed like it should be alright.

At least still plenty of shows that are continuing on. Definitely looking forward to the spring selection which is looking great just from a couple shows that will be there.
Old 2008-01-01, 09:21   Link #34
mdauben

I agree that this is not looking like another amazing season, but there are at least a few shows I will be giving a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicido View Post
* Ah! Megami-sama! Tatakau Tsubasa - [12/08/2007] Supernova, Mellow
Already watched the RAWs for this, now I'm waiting for the second fansub. Not as good as I was hoping but not a bad addition to the Belldandy story.

Quote:
* Frontiers of MACROSS [12/23/2007] Shinsen-Subs
I was blown away by the first episode, but the rest of the series will not air until April 2008.

Quote:
* Wellber no Monogatari Second Part - [01/01/2008]
* Minami-ke ~Okawari~ - [01/06/2008] Anime-Saizen & Anime-Empire, Ayu, Your-Mom
Not sure about Welber (I have not watched the whole first season yet, but I was not overwhelmed by the first episode), but I will probably watch the new Minami-ke, based on the first season.

Quote:
* Rosario to Vampire - [01/03/2008] Live-Evil, Ayako
Probably the one that I am the closest to looking forward to. I've read the manga, and its okay, and looks like it could at least be a fun anime.

Quote:
* H2O~FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND~ - [01/03/2008] Vizard and Rozen, AnimeYoshi
* PERSONA -trinity soul- - [01/05/2008] ainex, Orange-Side, Infinite-Zero, Shinsen-Subs
* true tears - [01/05/2008] Baka-Wolf and Flomp, AnimeYoshi, Moetaku, Suteki and Doremi
* Mnemosyune -Mnemosyune no Musame-tach- - [02/2008]
The previews and trailers for these have at least looked interesting enough, that I'll be giving them a shot.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 10:35   Link #35
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:

January:

* Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Season 2 - [01/05/2008] SpoonSubs
MUSTWATCHMUSTWATCHMUSTWATCH!

Season one was Darkly hilarious and so eye-catchingly over-the-top, who could ask for more?

Why, a SEASON 2 of course!
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 11:17   Link #36
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
* Minami-ke ~Okawari~ - [06/01/2008]
Five Days To The Second Season...Well I Ready To Laugh
Old 2008-01-01, 15:17   Link #37
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I'll be waiting for Rosario+Vampire (which is in 2 days from now). Hm let's see.....oh and H20, that Ookami anime, and others I forgot the name
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 15:34   Link #38
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Lets see...

Must watch:

They are my noble masters
Shigofumi
H2O
Minamike - second munch

Will try:

Rosario
wolf and spice
mnemosyne blabla (I can't spell )
True tears
Persona - trisoul-

The rest I might look at the summaries for the first ep and see if it tickles my fancy

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 21:53   Link #39
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
There are some shows that I will watch even if they suck, simply because I watched their original runs. Here fall wellber, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Minami-ke and Gunslinger Girl.

On the other hand I love MegaTen and I have high hopes for PERSONA. shigofumi is also another show I am looking forward to. Hatenkou Yuugi could be either very good or horribly boring, depending on the shoujo dose it has. Ookami has great character desing, but if the plot is boring, I'll probably drop it. true tears is a must try, since comes from a Broccoli game. And rosario+vampire is probably my ecchi pick for the period, unless it is too stupid.

As for H2O, I saw a trailer with half the script read in english. Its tagline was "it will rock your soul" after that the only reason I might bother is to make fun of it. Finally there's the new Aria, but since I could not bring myself to watch the first season, I am pretty sure I won't bother with this one.

If you want more on the subject, check here.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 13:20   Link #40
Kensuke

So far I have picked up these series:
H2O ~FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND~
PERSONA -trinity soul-
true tears
Shigofumi
They are my Noble Masters (Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de)
GUNSLINGER GIRL -IL TEATRINO-
Spicy Wolf (Ookami to Koushinryou)

I have to admit that this season looks disappointing, there are few series which I'm looking forward, namely Gunslinger Girl, Spicy Wolf and They are my Noble Masters ( ), but besides those I'm not terribly excited.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote