AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2008-05-19, 21:54   Link #221
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
It may also be due to Ozma capable of charging aggressively at full speed instead of pilots usually needing to slow down due to being busy or distracted in dodging enemy fire.

Another plus for the Armored pack is also that unlike the first generation's pack, this one is capable of transformation resulting in more flexible speed and mobility.

Personally, I always felt the armored pack serves better as a role of support than one of an attacker. I mean, charging at an enemy with a Valkryie strapped with explosives doesn't sound smart at all and one well aimed shot at any parts that are stacked with dozens of missles will simply results in a chain reaction fireworks huh.
These packs do have some kind of auto-ejection mechanism in case they are damaged, right?

IMHO, the Armoured Pack has really come a long way from the days of SDFM and Macross Zero. I really like the new incarnation this time around, which allows a VF to use all three modes. The older one only allowed a VF to use its battroid mode and nothing else.

ALSO...does anybody else hoping for an extra attachment to either the Armored or Super Pack in countering the Vajra? IIRC...
Spoiler for 4 Macross Plus:
Maybe that would have enough punch to take out a Red Vajra.
Old 2008-05-20, 09:22   Link #222
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Ok this kinda bothered me. Why did the Monster's main cannon shots veer off in differnt direction after being fired?
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 09:33   Link #223
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
Ok this kinda bothered me. Why did the Monster's main cannon shots veer off in differnt direction after being fired?
I noticed that too i thought the main cannon could be fitted with different types of ammo. I figured due to the conditions of the battle a wide spread yield ammo type was needed so when fired they go to preset range and explode destroying anything caught in the blast radius. Im not saying this for sure but thats what it looked like to me.

Usually those types of cannons use solid type ammo meant to slam into a target and explode. Just like when a battleship fires support shells onto land it covers a wide area damaging as many enemies as possible. I hight doubt the monsters cannon with standard ammo could hit any of the enemies fighters they are way to agile and fast, but firing on a mother ship thats a different story.
Old 2008-05-20, 09:34   Link #224
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Those my boy are nukes or in Macross terms reaction weapons.

Which makes me wonder why they let a civilian military contractor have them when there is a treaty where these things are seen as a last resort weapon.

Oh well space poachers hunting space whales have them too anyways.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 09:48   Link #225
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

So they were guided missiles/torpedoes rather a standard shell type? hmm makes sense. The monster in Zero did fire off nukes too.
Old 2008-05-20, 09:54   Link #226
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Those my boy are nukes or in Macross terms reaction weapons.

Which makes me wonder why they let a civilian military contractor have them when there is a treaty where these things are seen as a last resort weapon.

Oh well space poachers hunting space whales have them too anyways.
Ahh so thats what they were so i wasent that far off. But your right how the hell did a civilian defense force get Nukes. Maybe there was a deal reached still seems odd.
Old 2008-05-20, 10:55   Link #227
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

I do remember that Michel said something about reaction weapons after his call with Ozma about that sub clause thing where SMS employees couldn't quit.
Old 2008-05-20, 13:57   Link #228
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

We saw special ammo being loaded into the Quarter at the end of episode 6, maybe the KM was using those ?
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 15:35   Link #229
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Question. Why would Sheryl need to "change" when she's got a holographic projection suit?

Glitch in the matrix?

Ep 7 really messed up the concept as they showed her undressing from her costume but also showed scenes where her outfit shifting instantly to a new one.
Old 2008-05-20, 15:40   Link #230
Wesley84

Quote:
Question. Why would Sheryl need to "change" when she's got a holographic projection suit?

Glitch in the matrix?

Ep 7 really messed up the concept as they showed her undressing from her costume but also showed scenes where her outfit shifting instantly to a new one.
Hard to say. She seemed to be wearing a special suit in the Deculture edition, rather than an outfit. Now she seems to be able to wear almost whatever and magically transforming her appearance right on stage.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 15:41   Link #231
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
I think that 'suit' only works when she is at a concert, when movie magic and equally effective devices would make it... 'operate'.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 15:44   Link #232
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

Glitch in the matrix?

Notice she was sweating? Damn thing must be too hot.

It has something to do with her nervousness. (Like a certain someone is fighting for her sake.)

Besides in DYRL the holotech was advance enough not to need a holo suit.

She was stationary, not going from one end to another.
Old 2008-05-20, 15:44   Link #233
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I think that 'suit' only works when she is at a concert, when movie magic and equally effective devices would make it... 'operate'.

- Tak
Except she wasn't wearing a suit for the last concert. Just normal clothes that would change sponateously somehow.
Old 2008-05-20, 15:47   Link #234
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Except she wasn't wearing a suit for the last concert. Just normal clothes that would change sponateously somehow.
Really? I remember seeing her ran to the backstage, took off her cloth and presumably to have changed there.

- Tak
Old 2008-05-20, 15:56   Link #235
cerrian

Perhaps all she needs is that arm band thingy that we saw in ep 1. I don't recall whether or not Sheryl had it on in ep 7 though.
cerrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 16:02   Link #236
Wesley84

Quote:
Really? I remember seeing her ran to the backstage, took off her cloth and presumably to have changed there.

- Tak
She did run back and change, but it was a normal outfit. Not the techy-looking one she was wearing when her concert was ended abruptly in the Deculture edition.
Old 2008-05-20, 16:18   Link #237
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
She did run back and change, but it was a normal outfit. Not the techy-looking one she was wearing when her concert was ended abruptly in the Deculture edition.
Then we have no idea if she wore normal clothing or note during the final concert. I mean, did she say she was wearing normal clothing. And if it does change somehow, then maybe its snippets of her running backstage without us knowing.

But, whatever, you know... its... just clothing.

- Tak
Old 2008-05-20, 16:23   Link #238
Wesley84

Quote:
But, whatever, you know... its... just clothing.

- Tak
This is tech discussion, and Sheryl's use of a holographic wardrobe in her concerts and how it works is of keen interest. Certainly since I can't recall a fictional performer using them to that great an effect. It's just a shame they seem to have forgotten how it works themselves with the abandonment of the Deculture edition.
Old 2008-05-20, 16:44   Link #239
ReddyRedWolf

I've been wondering about Protoculture Zentradi genetic engineering and why Meltrans age so gracefully if at all.

For example Chlore looked the same youthful face as Millia was when she first met Max. (Millia was more like a mature MILF in Macross 7, must be 7 kids and the stress of marriage.)

Not to mention Klein Klan why turns to a loli.

We have to wonder why even if the protoculture made a longer youthful lifespan for Zentradi , particularly Meltrans, for war they effectively extended the child bearing years.

Spoiler for Macross 7:

Perhaps Meltrans or female Zentradi were also intended as a means of natural procreation for the Protoculture.

A back up of a sort.

Being originally clones telomeres must increased in a way to prevent rapid aging and degeneration.

I suppose the miclone chamber could make mistake reading Klein Klan's telomere count.

Turning her to a child.

But how did the Protoculture increase the telomere count?

Noticing that Maximillian Jenius didn't age that much compared to other veterans of Space War 1.

I propose that the Protculture used viral techniques to augment their Zentradi creations.

As to how Max got it well... The question answers itself.:
Old 2008-05-20, 16:59   Link #240
Wesley84

Max would have to get regular doses, else he might develope an immunity.