AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-20, 06:09   Link #741
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I wasn't expecting Plutia, since she hasn't been featured anywhere. Well, I wasn't expecting her NOW anyway, Peashy's presence kind of gives it away that the Seven Sages weren't the only ones who made it to this story.

I love Anonydeath. He is so amazing.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 06:55   Link #742
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
really??
Well, that is a VA joke... (She does have that amount(I think.) in the other anime...)
Old 2013-08-20, 07:42   Link #743
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Neptune's rambling and nonsensical analogy using curry to compare Uni and Noire's relationship was just so so so so brilliant.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This is indeed... brilliant.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 09:31   Link #744
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 09:36   Link #745
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
really??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Well, that is a VA joke... (She does have that amount(I think.) in the other anime...)
Yup, Vert = Rina Satoh = Misaka Mikoto.
Old 2013-08-20, 15:47   Link #746
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
If that's the case, then the idea of the Vert being able to attract the sisters can also be the result of her seiyuu also voicing a certain teacher who can be mistaken for a pimp.
Old 2013-08-20, 16:07   Link #747
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Caught up to the current episode, that JoJo reference in episode six made my day. I should've known from David Production.

I never really liked the name change that NISA did from Pururut to Plutia so I'm gonna stick with the former.
Old 2013-08-20, 16:14   Link #748
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^I don't mean to invalidate your choice, but considering the origin of the name and what she represents, "Plutia" makes a lot more sense to someone who isn't Japanese.
Old 2013-08-20, 16:15   Link #749
Mura
Now or Never

I suppose, I'm just stating where I stand is all.
Old 2013-08-20, 16:54   Link #750
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
loool oooook
Old 2013-08-20, 18:34   Link #751
Mura
Now or Never

I'll believe it.

I wanna see Vert complete her imouto harem.
Old 2013-08-20, 21:57   Link #752
Siegel Clyne

Neptune/Purple Heart and Uni/Black Sister in FFXIV:ARR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix37 View Post
Spoiler for Noire Fans:

Only a few who has Rie Tanaka fans.. But Rina Satou fans... hmmm that depends on her character role in the series.
Her fans "got lost" at CLAMP Festival 2011:

Then the concert started. As a starter, we have Tamura Naomi singing Hikari to kage o dakishimeta mama (Magic Knight Rayearth OP). I was a big fan of Rayearth.. Tbh, I just rewatched the anime a few months ago so was so excited listening the song. After that, Tanaka Rie sang Raison d'etre (Chobits ED). She was wearing a Chinese dress.. The spectators, especially boys, were excited when she came out.. wwwww Then Nakajima Megumi came out and sang Jellyfish no Kokuhaku (Kobato ED), followed by Kotani Kinya with his Blaze (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle OP). That was the 1st time I saw him in RL. I knew him since Gravitation actually.. He's really awesome!!!! XD Then Makino Yui sang Yume no Tsubasa (Tsubasa insert song).

The woman who wrote the preceding observation, ravient, I think, is a female otaku from Indonesia who lives in Japan. She certainly loves male characters and male seiyuu, so she should be a fairly objective reporter regarding female seiyuu.

Seriously, though, Tanaka Rie remains a popular draw at bigger, more mainstream events like those of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, including the well attended Tanaka Rie Special Talk Show in the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn booth at Niconico Chokaigii 2 on April 28, 2013.

Square Enix has a lot riding on whether the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn MMORPG is a success or not. They boast about featuring a Japanese all-star voice acting cast for this game, including Hyperdimension Neptunia's Tanaka Rie (Neptune/Purple Heart) - who officially voices two major characters, the kindly Padjal Elder Seedseer Kan-E-Senna non-playable character (NPC) and the monstrous Ixal primal Garuda boss, as well as unofficially provides at least of one of the voices for the cute female Miqo'te catgirl playable character - and Kitamura Eri (Uni/Black Sister), who voices Papalymo, the diminutive male Lalafell Thaumaturge NPC.

To the best of my knowledge, these are the only two voice actors with major roles in Hyperdimension Neptunia who also have major roles in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2013-08-20 at 22:34.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 07:45   Link #753
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
^I don't mean to invalidate your choice, but considering the origin of the name and what she represents, "Plutia" makes a lot more sense to someone who isn't Japanese.
Are there official confirmations that she is actually supposed to represent the Pluto prototype in the Japanese version rather than that being just another manipulation from NISA?

I've read theories claiming that she actually represents the Mega Drive given the context where she appears.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 08:05   Link #754
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Her name wouldn't make much sense then would it? Plus, why would she be the only one representing an old outdated console?
Old 2013-08-21, 08:55   Link #755
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Her name wouldn't make much sense then would it? Plus, why would she be the only one representing an old outdated console?
Err, not really (but perhaps this is a spoiler so I'll keep silent on her) at any rate Hyperdimension Neptunia V is set in 1989, even Blanc there represents the NES rather than the Wii.

Old 2013-08-21, 11:49   Link #756
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Err, not really (but perhaps this is a spoiler so I'll keep silent on her) at any rate Hyperdimension Neptunia V is set in 1989, even Blanc there represents the NES rather than the Wii.
If its set in 1989 why does Neptunia talk about WIN ME oO

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 12:15   Link #757
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
If its set in 1989 why does Neptunia talk about WIN ME oO
can you take this conversation to the game thread or the social group please, you're asking about something that is dangerously in spoiler territory especially with the way the anime is heading.
Old 2013-08-21, 16:32   Link #758
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
can you take this conversation to the game thread or the social group please, you're asking about something that is dangerously in spoiler territory especially with the way the anime is heading.
Nah too much spoiler in there.
Looks like i saw something interesting there though, so I'll leave my question in the room to speculate for everyone of us who hasn't seen the anime yet.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 17:29   Link #759
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Right, because the Playstation 2 and Xbox 360 totally existed back then.
Old 2013-08-21, 18:32   Link #760
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Right, because the Playstation 2 and Xbox 360 totally existed back then.
Sigh. You don't quite understand what I'm talking about, but I'll leave it at that.

Anyway Noire is actually representing a Playstation 3. Also the Neptune was basically a Mega Drive + 32X and the Pluto was just a glorified Saturn.

Between a Mega Drive and a Pluto there's only one generation difference and the Neptune was in between.

Tags
adaptation, game