AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-09-23, 11:45   Link #561
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Poor Luna

In the whole chapter, there's no clear shot of Benio's chest, either too far, posture, or obstacles and even the first panel of her awakening, her crossed hands cover her chest

Dude author, if you yourself don't think pettanko is good, then don't make her pettanko
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 12:06   Link #562
Reis

Hmm. Can't wait to see how strong rokuro now without the seal, should be monstrous his kegare arm with enchantment
Reis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 13:12   Link #563
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I want to see him awakened as a Sol. Benio already had her Luna awakening, so it's about time Rokuro had his Sol awakening I think. I wonder if he'll also hear the truth about the Luna. I think he needs to know.
Old 2018-09-24, 01:39   Link #564
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for ch 55:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 06:14   Link #565
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Two girls raised flags for Rokuro? Is that what you mean?
Old 2018-09-24, 07:09   Link #566
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

No, I just also blame the girl's brothers.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 08:48   Link #567
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
^Agreed.

I do wonder why they can't just double-team the King of Impurities themselves after awakening to their respective true powers. All Chinu said was that it requires both Yin and Yang powers. Unless the Miko will also actually have enough power (in terms of amount) to defeat it and Rokuro and Benio don't, even together.

@AP24: Kamui said that Chinu has no Enchanted Powers to speak of. She's certainly the first Basara, but she isn't the strongest Basara. It'd probably be better to say she's (arguably?) the weaskest.
Probably something like Miko having a body that mixed both of the parents' powers. And Benio and Rokuro being unable to use powers with properties of the other.
Old 2018-09-24, 14:42   Link #568
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Probably something like Miko having a body that mixed both of the parents' powers. And Benio and Rokuro being unable to use powers with properties of the other.
What about Rokuro's impurity arm? Didn't Yuuto say that Rokuro was the only one besides him who was able to make the power of an impurity his own?

Theoretically, he should have the yang power of his sol form and the yin power of his impurity arm. I don't see him gaining any additional impurity powers or limbs beyond the arm since it'd defeat the purpose of Benio's luna powerup, but it shouldn't change the fact that he'd be able to combine both powers in some capacity, no matter how small the scale.

As of right now, on the two occasions where he's used his sol powers, his right arm was in its sealed state or we could go a step further and say that the the sol form would most likely undo the enchanted gear on his right arm anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if he were to later figure out a way to use the arm simultaneously with his sol form after figuring out how to consciously activate it.

If I were to describe where he'd stand with regard to the twin stars and the miko, he'd be in-between both.

-As a twin star, he's the literal incarnation of yang, but does have access to yin via his right arm.

-He should be be able to combine both powers to a small degree, but it won't be on the level of what the miko would/should be capable of.

All in all, he'd be something akin to a prototype of the miko imo. That's also why I suspect that if one of the main duo were to die after the miko's birth, it'd more likely be Benio as Rokuro has more potential and is the more interesting one of the pair.

I have one last question to end things off: Now that Benio's awakened as the luna, that basically means that she's become an impurity, right? So then, since impurities are unable to enter reality for extended periods of time, so that also apply to her now?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 15:03   Link #569
Kazu-kun

If Rokuro could do all that you might as well remove Benio from the story. It would be better if the impurity arm disappears once he awakens his true power. That would force Rokuro and Benio to pull their shit together and brush up their team work, which has always been lacking.
Old 2018-09-24, 15:33   Link #570
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If Rokuro could do all that you might as well remove Benio from the story. It would be better if the impurity arm disappears once he awakens his true power. That would force Rokuro and Benio to pull their shit together and brush up their team work, which has always been lacking.
It doesn't necessarily make Benio obsolete. Remember that the power would only be limited to his arm. If he were to combine both powers, he'd only be able to get a small output assuming that the amount of sol power he can combine with the arm is proportional to the amount of power the arm itself contains. That's why I made sure to say that he'd only be capable of this on a small scale. (If I were to give an example, let's use Minato from Naruto. He has sage mode, but using it was impractical for him because it took too long for him to store up nature energy due to his smaller chakra pool)

The power output Rokuro and Benio should be capable of outputting when working together would be magnitudes stronger than what he'd be capable of doing on his own even if he figured out how to combine sol with his arm.

It may be useful against fodder and he could use it in some capacity against the basara, but by no means would it be a game changer because as I said, if that were to happen, it'd make Benio's luna powerup pointless in the long run.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2018-09-24, 15:53   Link #571
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
I was talking about the Twin Star Exorcists themselves working together to fight the King of Impurities, after awakening their respective true powers. So really just the awakened Rokuro and Benio combining their powers to fight the King of Impurities. They also have to make sure that the Miko can take care of it if they die fighting, meaning that the Miko has to already be born.
Old 2018-09-25, 21:09   Link #572
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

these two chapters are insane... I'm shaking in excitement

poor Ioroi house... those are death flags for sure

so all the plans are ruined because Yuuto made a move first
I thought Yuuto is moving alone so it is a coincidence that he could time his assault together with Basara

since Kamui survived, let's assume that Chinu and Kamui are both in Enmadou's house

is this the final arc? isn't it too fast? can't we have another time skip?
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-26, 06:46   Link #573
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If Chinu and Kamui show up, won't the exorcist immediately try to exorcise them? I'm also worried about their reaction to Benio showing up on their radar considering the fact that she's also an Impurity now. I really hope Rokuro gets to her first so that he can stand up for her and somehow prove that she isn't dangerous to the exorcists.
Old 2018-09-26, 10:54   Link #574
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Everyone died... I can't even...
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-26, 11:02   Link #575
DragonOsman
Dragon King

This manga is turning pretty dark. May not be strange if Rokuro and Benio both die some time after the Miko is born.

Edit: I wonder. Why are they setting up a date for Shizuru with a guy that already has a fiancée?

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2018-09-26 at 11:35.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-26, 12:56   Link #576
Wandering Soul

This chapter in one line: a bunch of minor exorcist characters got killed.
Old 2018-09-26, 15:33   Link #577
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I was talking about the Twin Star Exorcists themselves working together to fight the King of Impurities, after awakening their respective true powers. So really just the awakened Rokuro and Benio combining their powers to fight the King of Impurities. They also have to make sure that the Miko can take care of it if they die fighting, meaning that the Miko has to already be born.
And I answered that.

I doubt the power sentai "all your powers combined" trope works here due to the incompatibility of their powers that can only work through a phenomena that is an offspring between the two.

Benio + Rokuro: x + x = 2x
Benio x Rokuro: x * x = X^2
Which is the biggest output there?
Old 2018-09-26, 15:59   Link #578
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

That would depend on whether or not x is greater than 2.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-26, 20:15   Link #579
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
And I answered that.

I doubt the power sentai "all your powers combined" trope works here due to the incompatibility of their powers that can only work through a phenomena that is an offspring between the two.

Benio + Rokuro: x + x = 2x
Benio x Rokuro: x * x = X^2
Which is the biggest output there?
Why won't it work for Rokura & Benio? There weren't any problems with them using resonance before their awakenings and considering that the twin stars by design were always intended to represent yin and yang respectively, there still shouldn't be any problems with their resonance now.

i.e. Resonance was always intended to be used with luna (yin) and sol (yang) from the get-go.

As a matter of fact, didn't Rokuro's impurity arm greatly benefit from resonance when they fought Hijirimaru in his power-up state? I didn't see any issues with compatibility there.

The only difference between them and their kid would be that they need resonance to do what their kid would be able to do by his/herself.
Old 2018-09-26, 21:28   Link #580
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Remember Ying and Yang is more than just harmony.

Tags
exorcist, harem, onmyoudo, shounen