AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 15.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.22%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-05, 15:59   Link #1201
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
and i quote myself from the ep 8 discussions...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
clearly its not going to get through to some people and they are fully entitled to their own opinions...those that are still in doubt should see the light when ep 9 gets subbed (bless your soul if you dont though )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-05, 16:11   Link #1202
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Since there're more people who've probably seen Ep.9 for the first time now, how many agree that the things started in Ep.8 got wrapped up fittingly I wonder? Was it rushed? Unsufficiently explained? Left too little impact? I personally expected them to drag the conflict a bit longer through the series.

And not to mention the lack of actual footage of the "accident" with Nanoha.
Old 2007-06-05, 16:35   Link #1203
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
In my opinion it was done pretty nicely.The Nanoha's incident is pretty much covered and probably wont be explained further.

They need to do this or there might not be enough time left for the main plot to progress.It will end up rushed especially with

Spoiler for ep10:

We are already reaching 1/2 way mark soon and tons of people already screaming "boring no action " in various site/forums with the current pace personally i dont mind
Old 2007-06-05, 16:51   Link #1204
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah I'm not expecting a ton more on this incident. From what the subs now made clear it wasn't a powerful enemy that crushed Nanoha. But one that normally she would've handled easily and protected her allies, but stressing her body ended up in that result.

Maybe they just don't want to show Nanoha getting beaten to a bloody pulp. I think it was done fairly well. Considering we're nearing the half way point they probably felt this was enough to deal with the conflict. Soon they'll probably start ramping things up since characters are getting their backgrounds and we're understanding them better.
Old 2007-06-05, 16:54   Link #1205
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
In my opinion it was done pretty nicely.The Nanoha's incident is pretty much covered and probably wont be explained further.

They need to do this or there might not be enough time left for the main plot to progress.It will end up rushed especially with

Spoiler for ep10:

We are already reaching 1/2 way mark soon and tons of people already screaming "boring no action " in various site/forums with the current pace personally i dont mind
They should've better cut/combined something in Eps.1-7 to get 1 or 2 free for more dramatic moments.

Spoiler for ep10:
Old 2007-06-05, 16:58   Link #1206
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Spoiler for ep10:
That's the problem with Nanoha series style
Old 2007-06-05, 17:57   Link #1207
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If they really intend to do that, then we really shouldn't get too attached to the characters....
Old 2007-06-05, 17:59   Link #1208
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If they really intend to do that, then we really shouldn't get too attached to the characters....
It's the best when done with a character to whom many fans are attached But there's also risk some may drop the series afterwards
Old 2007-06-05, 18:01   Link #1209
Meophist

Quote:
It's the best when done with a character to whom many fans are attached But there's also risk some may drop the series afterwards
You can't get anywhere unless you're willing to take some risks.
Old 2007-06-05, 18:04   Link #1210
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
not really...it just bumps the series into the god-like category...dont see me dropping gurren lagann when a certain someone was left in the rain (made the journey a hell lot more painful but a shock once in a while is welcomed...) ~ now if only they have the balls to bump off someone important..."kill the character roulette" anyone? *lands on nanoha* "SHI~~~!" O_o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-06-05, 18:08   Link #1211
Meophist

Quote:
not really...it just bumps the series into the god-like category...dont see me dropping gurren lagann when a certain someone was left in the rain (made the journey a hell lot more painful but a shock once in a while is welcomed...) ~ now if only they have the balls to bump off someone important..."kill the character roulette" anyone? *lands on nanoha* "SHI~~~!" O_o
I already suggested that a long time ago. Needless to say, not many were too pleased about the idea.
Old 2007-06-05, 18:11   Link #1212
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
There's difference when it's done in a fresh series and in the third season of something where nobody has ever died on screen. They should've started in A's imho Or at least during A's to StrikerS.

Opportunity to jump on-topic: having shown someone actually dying in a flashback would've explained even better that they're not playing games in RF6.
Old 2007-06-05, 18:16   Link #1213
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

why a flash back? im just up for some being blown to bits on screen (which will completely throw the series into the deep end imo) ~ hate to say this but ginga seems the most likely candidate for that...subaru should start practicing using her revolver knuckles on her left hand now

Old 2007-06-05, 18:23   Link #1214
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:
why a flash back? im just up for some being blown to bits on screen (which will completely throw the series into the deep end imo) ~ hate to say this but ginga seems the most likely candidate for that...subaru should start practicing using her revolver knuckles on her left hand now
If Gin-nee dies on screen, then we'll have a candidate for the "best scream of pain and despair" award.
That and a very very angry, dual-wielding Subaru.
Old 2007-06-05, 18:31   Link #1215
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
If Gin-nee dies on screen, then we'll have a candidate for the "best scream of pain and despair" award.
That and a very very angry, dual-wielding Subaru.
"Impulse" Subaru...
Old 2007-06-05, 18:34   Link #1216
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
"Impulse" Subaru...
Screams of pain and anger? There's only one thing for that.

"Chemical Bolts" Subaru.

She can upgrade to "Genesic" once she had seen the light.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-05, 18:48   Link #1217
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Of course it's better in real-time on screen. In best case in the nearest episodes - someone important dies, scenes of mass destruction to the city, lots of innocents hurt -> TSAB in turmoil, inner conspiracy, more important characters die/are hurt, RF6 and loyal part of TSAB vs good Doc and his clients -> epic battles and bittersweet ending
Old 2007-06-05, 18:59   Link #1218
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Screams of pain and anger? There's only one thing for that.

"Chemical Bolts" Subaru.

She can upgrade to "Genesic" once she had seen the light.
I'm handicapped in this kind of things
Old 2007-06-05, 20:52   Link #1219
ACE2003

Okay, okay, I just sank my teeth into this episode. After watching it, I felt like I was going to barf!! I swear, they tried, really, really, really hard to make Nanoha look like the ultimate goody two shoes. Magical bullets? Give me a break! With that said however, everything she said made sense of course and can't argue with that. I'm no fool. Also, she admitted that she made some mistakes as well, so she's also taken responsibilities for her actions as a leader, which is what I wanted to see. One thing that irked me a bit though was the treatment of Tea these past two episodes. One minute she's voicing her feelings on wanting to be stronger, next minute she's getting blasted and punched in the face. Luckly Shari was there to save the day or this episode could've gone in a completely different direction.

Well, it's not too much more that I can say other than the fact that I'm glad I've finally had the chance to watch this episode. Still though, even after watching this, I believe that Nanoha was in the wrong for blasting Tea, although she used "magical bullets" which was a convienient way of making Nanoha look like she didn't do anything wrong. Sorry, aint biting! Still love her though. Now that's out of the way, I'm ready for some more high octane action!
Old 2007-06-05, 21:10   Link #1220
Meophist

Magical attacks is the reason why no matter how much Nanoha beat up on Fate, she never got seriously injured. Magical attacks is the reason why Nanoha never felt the need to hold back on her attacks on Vita until after she executed them. Magical attacks is half the reason a third of the characters are still at least three quarters alive.

Magical attacks also make ice cream, which is why Subaru likes Nanoha so much.

Edit: Mean magic damage.
Closed Thread