AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-15, 16:25   Link #2001
Awrya
U mad?

Titus' rukh sure is small, is it because he released all his magoi or because he's a clone of Scheherazade?
Also, the conversation between Gyokuen and the magician sounds like the rukh of a magi does not join the great flow like others, but goes to a different place. It could be the holy palace, but so far only Titus arrived there.
Am I expecting too much, Titus being reborn into the world as a magi to replace Scheherazade and him meeting Aladdin again after a time skip?

Good to see Ugo again, looks like he didn't regain his body after Balbadd since his helpers are stabilizing him and holding a book for him to read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I know Mogamett was talking in general, but I wonder if this could be some indirect foreshadowing about Simbad.
Mogamett's speech about no one being superior to others even if he's dazzling fits Sindbad perfectly, and since Al Tharmen are still preparing their own medium, I feel the author is hinting that Sindbad will become that (strong) core.
Old 2013-09-15, 16:41   Link #2002
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was thinking of Hakuryu for the core. Gyokuen said they had to raise it themselves. I have no doubts Sinbad will turn into an antagonist at some point in the future, but I don't think he'll be used by anybody else.

Seeing Ugo again was a nice surprise. Curious to find out what's going to happen to Titus now.
Old 2013-09-15, 17:34   Link #2003
CBredbeard
Banned

Scherazade didn't die. Her daughter did. Scherazade is an old woman in some tomb in Reim. We really aren't going to see what she looks like at 270 years old? Mu isn't going to give her a proper good-bye?

Mogamett hurt alot more people than those in the Furnace. It's great that he's accepting some responsibility for what he did, but then he says shit about returning people to the white flow when the black flow is as a close to justice as that world gets. Can't it just be accepted that some people are bad and get what they deserve?

Ugo is rebuilding his body! You can see his neck and shoulders. Unless his little critters built a statue for him to rest his head on.

Some people are better than others. The only thing that's equal is that we were all born in the first place.

I'm confused about Yamu. She was born in a high ranked family, but because of Mogamett's revolution there was a risk of her being killed for being a Magician? Otherwise she might have been in a position to exact reform from within the palace?
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 18:06   Link #2004
ChampDream
Alive

well it look like this arc is going to end next chapter, now what could happen next, well at least it look like Titus and Ugo will play a important part later and Hakuryuu and Judal are doing something suspicious I wonder what? maybe a opportunity to kill Kouen?

Quote:
"No one is superior in comparison to others. No matter is he is a magician or not... Even if he has ten or hundred times more power than anyone else, even if he is dazzling >>page showing Simbad<< don't abandon yourself to him. Because someone who lived without being wrong once in his life doesn't exit."

I know Mogamett was talking in general, but I wonder if this could be some indirect foreshadowing about Sindbad.
I really like how they did that.
Old 2013-09-15, 20:33   Link #2005
marvelB

Oh, and out of curiosity: Whatever happened to the "OMG THIS SERIES IS ENDING" crowd?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 20:46   Link #2006
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, and out of curiosity: Whatever happened to the "OMG THIS SERIES IS ENDING" crowd?
3-6 months. I see nothing that makes me think it'll keep going. There's no foundation. If nothing happens in the next chapter to drive the story in a new and interesting direction, then we're pretty much at a loss then, aren't we? The world is a smaller place due to the massive power spike. Countries don't want to fight each other anymore.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 23:21   Link #2007
XFire
150% done

Quote:
"No one is superior in comparison to others. No matter is he is a magician or not... Even if he has ten or hundred times more power than anyone else, even if he is dazzling >>page showing Simbad<< don't abandon yourself to him. Because someone who lived without being wrong once in his life doesn't exit."

I know Mogamett was talking in general, but I wonder if this could be some indirect foreshadowing about Sindbad.
They've been foreshadowing that for ages. Aladdin mentioned that he felt he would be swallowed up by Sinbad's brightness, and Alibaba wondered why following that path would be such a bad thing. And we've clearly seen Sinbad take actions that border on evil.
Old 2013-09-16, 00:47   Link #2008
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

It's Ali vs Sin at the end. It will come down to differences of ideology. Both Ali and Sin have their merits. Sin has the advantage since he's the most popular and he has the most achievements for himself, his people and mankind between himself and Ali, who barely has anything to his credit. Even if Sin thinks that Ali's ideals are better than his, Ali will have to show the determination and the power to back it up.

If you can't back up your ideals with strength and actions, your ideology becomes a fantasy.
Old 2013-09-16, 12:33   Link #2009
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Scherazade didn't die. Her daughter did. Scherazade is an old woman in some tomb in Reim. We really aren't going to see what she looks like at 270 years old? Mu isn't going to give her a proper good-bye?

Mogamett hurt alot more people than those in the Furnace. It's great that he's accepting some responsibility for what he did, but then he says shit about returning people to the white flow when the black flow is as a close to justice as that world gets. Can't it just be accepted that some people are bad and get what they deserve?

Ugo is rebuilding his body! You can see his neck and shoulders. Unless his little critters built a statue for him to rest his head on.

Some people are better than others. The only thing that's equal is that we were all born in the first place.

I'm confused about Yamu. She was born in a high ranked family, but because of Mogamett's revolution there was a risk of her being killed for being a Magician? Otherwise she might have been in a position to exact reform from within the palace?
On your point about Mogamett, I do agree bad people should get what they deserve, but you have to remember that in the context of the series it's possible to literally force people into depravity (hence people can get wrongly sent into the black flow), I think it's this fact that makes Mogamett tell Aladdin to find a way to reverse the process.

Also, thanks for pointing out that Ugo is rebuilding his body, I didn't actually notice the shoulders at first. Man, it feels kind of nostalgic, I thought we'd never see Ugo again.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 14:04   Link #2010
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't know what kind of afterlife the flows, black or white, are. But regardless, since the black rukh powers black magic, punishing people by feeding the black flow seems to be cutting your nose to spite your face. Nothing good can come of it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 07:35   Link #2011
shalala

Calling it Ugo is Solomon :P
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 08:11   Link #2012
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Calling it Ugo is Solomon :P
We saw other Djinn interact with Ugo and they would have treated him differently if it was their king.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 15:56   Link #2013
Breimoon

he may just be the highest ranking djinn.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 17:57   Link #2014
Awrya
U mad?

No doubt that he's one (if not the) most important Djinn(s) of Solomon since he was entrusted with the education of Aladdin.
Personally I think Ugo might be a clone of Solomon, similar to Titus being Scheherazade's.
Old 2013-09-17, 18:03   Link #2015
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

But Aladdin is already Solomon's clone :|
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 18:49   Link #2016
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
We saw other Djinn interact with Ugo and they would have treated him differently if it was their king.
I was joking when I said that. Maybe he is acting when he was talkign to them. I do hope it is explained who Ugo was drawing magoi back when Aladdin ran out of his. Unless it was from the great flow.

Sadly I don't think we will be able to see the adventures of Titus and Ugo. Where Ugo trains Titus in more advance use of magic so he is able to recreate his own body and become a real human.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 22:48   Link #2017
marvelB

And now the Sinbad series has made its long-awaited return!

....though I don't really have much to say about the latest chapter. It basically centers on Sinbad's duel with Drakon over Baal, and it's not really much different from the one-shot version. Honestly, I'm looking forward to his next dungeon adventures more....
Old 2013-09-19, 07:16   Link #2018
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm happy Adventures of Sinbad is back. Can't wait until we reach uncharted territory, which should be in two or three chapters from now.
Old 2013-09-19, 15:09   Link #2019
ChampDream
Alive

yeah! Adventure of Sinbad is back, I can't wait to see more of it.
Old 2013-09-21, 03:11   Link #2020
marvelB

Going back to the main series, the latest chapter's script reveals some veeery interesting info:

Spoiler for Magi 198:

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen