Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-09, 19:33   Link #41
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Well, Episode 4 of 8 is finally out. Enjoy. I like to call this ep the Priestess' of Tennis. You'll see if you watch.
Old 2004-02-09, 23:34   Link #42
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

All I have to say about episode four: Tennis Racket Orgasmatron.
Old 2004-02-10, 04:49   Link #43
Phych

I'm a bit dissapointed w/ this series. It's obviously extremely rushed and the plost is almost non existent aside from the usual "travel to another dimension and destroy the bad guys". However, I really like the character design and the costume design for their final forms. The thing that disappoints me the most is that this could've been really good if there was more time put into it.
Old 2004-02-10, 05:25   Link #44
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

lol I can't believe ppl are still watching this! I ditched this show in episode 2. I've wasted enough of my precious time dling and watching it.
Old 2004-02-10, 09:29   Link #45
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
lol I can't believe ppl are still watching this! I ditched this show in episode 2. I've wasted enough of my precious time dling and watching it.
Some of us had a faint hope that it would get better. It just got more and more faint as the series went on. After ep 4 it's clear that no, it won't get better, the series is actually getting worse... I'm done with it now.
Old 2004-02-10, 10:03   Link #46
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Bah! I guess it's up to me to be the only one on AnimeSuki to watch all of Cosmopolitan Prayers!
Old 2004-02-10, 18:51   Link #47
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Not quite. ^^

To fully appreciate the good, one has to have some perspective, which is oft gained from experiencing the bad, no?

At least, that's what I tell myself anyway - well it is only half length and with a paltry 4 eps to go

It's almost like a game of survivor... shall we see who drops first?
Old 2004-02-10, 19:05   Link #48
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherNEZ
Not quite. ^^

To fully appreciate the good, one has to have some perspective, which is oft gained from experiencing the bad, no?

At least, that's what I tell myself anyway - well it is only half length and with a paltry 4 eps to go

It's almost like a game of survivor... shall we see who drops first?
My bet is on boneyjellyfish. He watched Sister Princess Repure. Compaired to that, 4 half length episodes of Cosprayers is easy.
Old 2004-02-11, 09:31   Link #49
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

EtherNEZ will fall first because he is relying on the episodes' 12-minute length to keep him sane.

Someday, you may become as good at watching crappy anime as even me, the great boneyjellyfish. My tolerance for pain is currently at a level you can only dream of!
Old 2004-02-11, 15:58   Link #50
Tellu54
Banned

If you think watching it is bad, trying SUBBING it. :P
Can you believe that M.O.E's got 2 more of these crappy mini-series coming down the pipe? How do these get on TV?
Old 2004-02-12, 01:33   Link #51
Tellu54
Banned

Just saw episode 5.

Dear god. It gets worse.

I won't tell you because you'll think I'm making it up. But this has to be the worst anime ever. Just in terms of sheer stupidity... and there's more coming. Does MOE hate us all? How did this stuff get broadcast?
Old 2004-02-12, 20:46   Link #52
eMpTy265
<unranked>

worse?

I thought this thing hit rock bottom...

So far we have had 4 12-min episodes, which included 'semi-episodes'... so it's like 6-minute episodes...

We have weird monsters that seem to have taken their forms of human limbs & parts...

Then there's the little magic girl and the charm thingy.... and then cosplaying to fight....
(oh... and I think Priscilla's masochistic(?)... then there's Scarlet who's sadistic(?) and Koto's plain annoying...)

Finally, there's the ending sequence which makes the entire thing seem like ecchi..
(if it isn't already ecchi...)

oh BTW... what's with the 'barcode' on each of the girl's chest? why of all places?
(i have a feeling that this is going to be rhetorical..)
Old 2004-02-12, 22:47   Link #53
Tellu54
Banned

Yes, worse. I'm honestly scared to see what episode 6 brings... the preview had Sister Rayer up on a cross and I think something that looked like tentacles... >_>
Old 2004-02-13, 21:26   Link #54
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Ack. You should really check your hand thoroughly before you call, no? I look forward to episode 5 with glee. No, really....

Never-the-less, I refuse to bow down before boneyjellyfish's might... I will see this to the end! Even if it means losing what little is left of my sanity after 4 episodes!

There is the 'bad' and then there is the BAD. I don't think it takes much stretch of the imagination to work out which category CosPrayers falls into to.....
Old 2004-02-14, 01:21   Link #55
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherNEZ
Ack. You should really check your hand thoroughly before you call, no? I look forward to episode 5 with glee. No, really....

Never-the-less, I refuse to bow down before boneyjellyfish's might... I will see this to the end! Even if it means losing what little is left of my sanity after 4 episodes!

There is the 'bad' and then there is the BAD. I don't think it takes much stretch of the imagination to work out which category CosPrayers falls into to.....

ah darn... I was hoping that cosprayer would at least try to tread the fine line...

now with my internet access messed... I'll have to wait a while before I can get ep.5 >_<

hmm.... if this series is going down the dark side, then I suppose I'll prepare myself for some shocking scenes. =P

j/k
Old 2004-02-14, 05:48   Link #56
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

I think there may well still be hope for it... I may be crusifying myslef by saying so... but there have been a few other series that pick up and show what they are really about righ near the end. Narutaru is one of those I love and was just a bit too cutsey to begin with. But this hasn't gotten as good as Narutaru's bad parts yet so I may be hoping for way too much here... oh well. I can say with surety that I won't stop watching untill it's over though... after all I watched all of BLAME *sigh* still trying to get over that one... =(
Old 2004-02-14, 13:47   Link #57
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeWordChobits
Narutaru is one of those I love and was just a bit too cutsey to begin with.
To begin with...meaning the first episode in a 13 episode series. Cosprayers is over half done, with no sign of even trying to get better. It's not really a fair comparison, in my opinion.
Old 2004-02-14, 22:21   Link #58
Tellu54
Banned

This is the show which hasn't bothered to stick its "opening" on over half of its episodes, and shows no signs of starting...

I suspect drug usage on the part of the creators.
Old 2004-02-14, 23:20   Link #59
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellu54
This is the show which hasn't bothered to stick its "opening" on over half of its episodes, and shows no signs of starting...

I suspect drug usage on the part of the creators.
No, then it would be better. Cosprayers would take the title of worst anime I've ever seen, but Sister Princess has a higher episode count, so even if it isn't as bad per episode, it prolongs the misery.
Old 2004-02-17, 18:02   Link #60
Tellu54
Banned

"I'm honestly scared to see what episode 6 brings..."

I'm pleased(?) to report that my fears were realized... tentacles, unneccessary use of christian imagery, heavy bondage and masochism, terrifying puppets, goldbergian devices with slides on the end of them, and a vast ocean of curry...

And I'm only halfway through it.
Closed Thread